Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,606 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) (48076 Views)

I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 03, 2012
Elos Agos: Nice thread!!!
Learning a lot from you guys.

Let he/she that 'thinks' he/she stands take heed before he/she falls.....

It's about daily renewal of the mind.
His grace is sufficient.

#Peace n Grace
l may have to disagree with u as regards the emphasised. we cannot continue in sin that grace may abound. u fornicate today and tomorrow thursday, u do a renewal. l disagree with this
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by damilarelr(m): 10:53pm On Oct 03, 2012
I have this to say to our friends who are no more virgin for one reason or the other. Don't let anyone condemn you; even God didn't condemn you. If you're a virgin when you got bornagain, stay virgin. And if you are not, avoid every forms of consequent acts. Virginity or Non-virginity avails nothing before God (provided you remain the way you are called).

"Was anyone called while circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised. Was anyone called while uncircumcised? Let him not be circumcised. Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters. Let each one remain in the same calling in which he was called." (1 Corinthians 7:18-20)

May God's grace help us to maintain our state of call.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by TV01(m): 10:54pm On Oct 03, 2012
Great thread guys. And I suspect a real source of encouragement ad consolation to many. Well done Toba for kicking this off and to as many as have made heartfelt contributions. This thread brought me back to the religion board.

May The Lord bless and keep all who wish to present themselves pure and undefiled before Him in truth.

I have walked the road of the “Celibate Christian Single” and would hope – and be delighted - to share some of my experiences on the journey in the hope that others may be blessed.

Many contributions beg questions and I have seen many points raised in passing. I will endeavour to share my beliefs and experience on as many as I can as time permits.

A bit about my journey;
I rode my faith – hard – all the way to a blissful marital union. Along the way The Lord broke down many of my prejudices, erroneous notions and misconceptions. I believe Gods aim is always to purify and refine our characters and prepare us for what’s ahead (ultimately, it’s the measure, the stature, the fullness..). With the benefit of hindsight I can see why it took the time it did, but sometimes it felt like an interminable amount of time had passed with still no end in sight. I thank God for His grace.

When I first became a Christian, thoughts of marriage were very far from me for a long time. When eventually my thoughts did turn this way, I had a very clear sense of abstinence as a requirement, a grace and a gift. And I desired to do it His way with all my heart. I believed God. I believed it was what He required and I believed He would enable me. And He did. God is no respecter of persons, He doesn’t play favourites. He doesn’t have to. I truly believe the grace afforded me is there for all who believe and trust Him for it.

I also set out my stall. It had to be the right one or no one. If that meant a life of celibacy, then so be it. The possibility of my “not getting married” was a very real option. I truly believe you have to give it your all with God – not to say that all “alls” are the same – and He will surely deliver. Maybe not when or how you expect, but when God delivers, it is truly wonderful.

Forget enemies, leave out haters. As time went by, it was my church fellows, my family and my closest friends that questioned my resolve and counselled alternatives and shortcuts. How many times did I hear the words “don’t take this Christian thing to far” or words to that effect? By Gods grace I stood firm. There were many “Ishmaels” and near misses, but truly he delivered me. Oft times I didn’t actually have a clue what transpired, only looked back and saw tragedy had been averted. I met so many "potential mates", but I absolutely believe I am with the right one. I don't look back at any of the women I met and think "hmmm...maybe".

Were there mishaps, mistakes? Did I slip, did I stumble? Sure I did, but only when I looked away from Him, only when I sought recourse in the arm of the flesh. Where my defences breached? Very rarely, and only due to my initial immaturity or being overly trusting (the flesh again).

Even as He refined and equipped me, whilst keeping me safe, I became bolder and more confident full of faith and was able to “go finding” for myself. Who really wants a wife he didn’t win? But I was always aware - and sometimes had to be reminded – that my surety was in Him. Not by might nor by power. No boasting in my knowledge or my understanding.

I the end, I was stronger and more grounded in faith, I believed deeper, I was more in awe and I was a much more mature Christian. As well as happily married. And you know what? There’s a whole different measure of grace once wed.

Particulars on some of the points I’ve noted to follow. Or I’m happy to field questions, if there are any.

Let me leave you with this – try not to get too caught up in this desire. Keep doing other things, furthering yourself . Try not to become obsessed or depressed. Do not make a idol of it. Be prayerful, patient and have faith

Ride your faith brethren!

God bless
TV

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 03, 2012
damilarelr: Honestly, my wife must be mentally beautiful, spiritually pretty, intellectually loaded, and emotionally matured. No matter the age, I can't marry a baby.. I'm investing in myself now, I'm sure she's busy doing the same.
u didnt tell us if she has to be beautiful physically as well.

Honestly i share ur sentiment. Having to nurture these little girls of nowadays can be tasking and demanding. Maturity matters alot. most of these kids are not matured at.

mine must be well informed apart from being educated. l told my friend that she has to develop knowledge for current affairs as well. u must know diff countries capitals, be informed about latest technologies etc. lm a guru myself so my woman must also be half guru grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 03, 2012
damilarelr: I have this to say to our friends who are no more virgin for one reason or the other. Don't let anyone condemn you; even God didn't condemn you. If you're a virgin when you got bornagain, stay virgin. And if you are not, avoid every forms of consequent acts. Virginity or Non-virginity avails nothing before God (provided you remain the way you are called).

"Was anyone called while circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised. Was anyone called while uncircumcised? Let him not be circumcised. Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters. Let each one remain in the same calling in which he was called." (1 Corinthians 7:18-20)

May God's grace help us to maintain our state of call.
Thats the msg. l think we ve tried to emphasize this on this thread that theres no condemnation for them for their past deed, provided they're genuine repentatant and wouldn't return to their vomit. lf they returned, then we can criticise them

l'll urge u guys to visit either page 0 or page 1 of this thread and read the experience of our a young lady lost her virginity due to her stupidity
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 03, 2012
TV01: Great thread guys. And I suspect a real source of encouragement ad consolation to many. Well done Toba for kicking this off and to as many as have made heartfelt contributions. This thread brought me back to the religion board.

May The Lord bless and keep all who wish to present themselves pure and undefiled before Him in truth.

I have walked the road of the “Celibate Christian Single” and would hope – and be delighted - to share some of my experiences on the journey in the hope that others may be blessed.

Many contributions beg questions and I have seen many points raised in passing. I will endeavour to share my beliefs and experience on as many as I can as time permits.

A bit about my journey;
I rode my faith – hard – all the way to a blissful marital union. Along the way The Lord broke down many of my prejudices, erroneous notions and misconceptions. I believe Gods aim is always to purify and refine our characters and prepare us for what’s ahead (ultimately, it’s the measure, the stature, the fullness..). With the benefit of hindsight I can see why it took the time it did, but sometimes it felt like an interminable amount of time had passed with still no end in sight. I thank God for His grace.

When I first became a Christian, thoughts of marriage were very far from me for a long time. When eventually my thoughts did turn this way, I had a very clear sense of abstinence as a requirement, a grace and a gift. And I desired to do it His way with all my heart. I believed God. I believed it was what He required and I believed He would enable me. And He did. God is no respecter of persons, He doesn’t play favourites. He doesn’t have to. I truly believe the grace afforded me is there for all who believe and trust Him for it.

I also set out my stall. It had to be the right one or no one. If that meant a life of celibacy, then so be it. The possibility of my “not getting married” was a very real option. I truly believe you have to give it your all with God – not to say that all “alls” are the same – and He will surely deliver. Maybe not when or how you expect, but when God delivers, it is truly wonderful.

Forget enemies, leave out haters. As time went by, it was my church fellows, my family and my closest friends that questioned my resolve and counselled alternatives and shortcuts. How many times did I hear the words “don’t take this Christian thing to far” or words to that effect? By Gods grace I stood firm. There were many “Ishmaels” and near misses, but truly he delivered me. Oft times I didn’t actually have a clue what transpired, only looked back and saw tragedy had been averted. I met so many "potential mates", but I absolutely believe I am with the right one. I don't look back at any of the women I met and think "hmmm...maybe".

Were there mishaps, mistakes? Did I slip, did I stumble? Sure I did, but only when I looked away from Him, only when I sought recourse in the arm of the flesh. Where my defences breached? Very rarely, and only due to my initial immaturity or being overly trusting (the flesh again).

Even as He refined and equipped me, whilst keeping me safe, I became bolder and more confident full of faith and was able to “go finding” for myself. Who really wants a wife he didn’t win? But I was always aware - and sometimes had to be reminded – that my surety was in Him. Not by might nor by power. No boasting in my knowledge or my understanding.

I the end, I was stronger and more grounded in faith, I believed deeper, I was more in awe and I was a much more mature Christian. As well as happily married. And you know what? There’s a whole different measure of grace once wed.

Particulars on some of the points I’ve noted to follow. Or I’m happy to field questions, if there are any.

Let me leave you with this – try not to get too caught up in this desire. Keep doing other things, furthering yourself . Try not to become obsessed or depressed. Do not make a idol of it. Be prayerful, patient and have faith

Ride your faith brethren!

God bless
TV
explain the emphasized.

also what triggered u into believing u've made the right choice? did u pray personally or u did consultations or relied on ur God instinct?
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by damilarelr(m): 11:32pm On Oct 03, 2012
@passion88..I think this is musKeeto's stand on not being a Christian or Muslim. Islam is a religion, Christianity is not. Christianity is the normal way of life God wants us to live, hence not a religion (afterall no religion will grant man salvation). For instance, looking at Christianity critically and the old Yoruba culture (aside idolatry), it's no different from what Bible preaches concerning a good lifestyle (the more reason why Northern muslims sees Yoruba muslims as infidels, and the reason why you can't easily distinguish between a hardened Christian and an ordinary Muslim in Yorubaland - I don't know about our Eastern brothers o, but these are the two places I've lived). At this stage one can decide not to be called either a Muslim or Christian, a Believer is more appropriate as the both former terms have been known with religion.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by ElosAgos(m): 11:43pm On Oct 03, 2012
toba: l may have to disagree with u as regards the emphasised. we cannot continue in sin that grace may abound. u fornicate today and tomorrow thursday, u do a renewal. l disagree with this

It seems you didn't get my point..

You have to renew your mind daily (esp. in His word) in order not to lose your guard

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by damilarelr(m): 11:49pm On Oct 03, 2012
toba: u didnt tell us if she has to be beautiful physically as well.

Honestly i share ur sentiment. Having to nurture these little girls of nowadays can be tasking and demanding. Maturity matters alot. most of these kids are not matured at.

mine must be well informed apart from being educated. l told my friend that she has to develop knowledge for current affairs as well. u must know diff countries capitals, be informed about latest technologies etc. lm a guru myself so my woman must also be half guru grin

Bros, she must be physically beautiful too o, but that's secondary sha. These are things that deteriorate with time, things that accident or sickness can take away. I am more interested in things that are invisible, because they are eternal. I'm also a guru.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by ElosAgos(m): 11:53pm On Oct 03, 2012
toba: explain the emphasized.

I think he means.....that there's a new level of grace for married people.....

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by damilarelr(m): 11:58pm On Oct 03, 2012
Elos Agos:

You have to renew your mind daily (esp. in His word) in order not to lose your guard
Yeah, me too. I think he misunderstood your point that because of grace we can abound in sin. But I got your message right sha.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by TV01(m): 12:32am On Oct 04, 2012
toba: explain the emphasized.

The requirement for and the dispensation of grace does not end when you've met the one. You need it still once wed. It should be asked for and is freely given.

For example; I know a lot of men stray when their wives are expecting. Was it inevitable? No. Grace ad faith made that a lie, a non issue for us. I loved my wife more and we bonded the more. It heightened our journey.

For example; Nobody knows how pregnancy will change a woman physically. It can physically wreck women. My wife had - in my opinion - a near perfect figure when I met and married her. Did pregnancy take a toll? Yes, but I truly cherish her the more.

All my fears - based on observation - were groundless. But we still pray to love each other more, to cherish each other further, to remain faithful and for more grace. We don't take it for granted

toba: also what triggered u into believing u've made the right choice? did u pray personally or u did consultations or relied on ur God

instinct?

I was and I am sure I made the right choice. It was a mixture of understanding and being led. By the end, I was bold to approach, confident to ask and knew what to look for. I also utterly trusted , that like all the ones before, that if she were the wrong one God would end it, as long as I stayed humble, stayed true and sought His Face.

On the one extreme, one can have total faith in God to lead you to your spouse - or bring your spouse to you. On the other, one can have the maturity and understanding to choose wisely and commit it to God. Or a mixture. We are all different. I heard umpteen testimonies about how people met and married. But God gave me my own template. Trust Him, he'll give you yours. I fleeced when I was "younger" in the Lord and God answered, but by the end, I wouldn't dream of doing that.

God bless
TV

On Divorce: I believe divorce is only permissible - not necessarily prescribed - where there is adultery. Re-marriage is only permitted in the event of death (there is some discussion to be had there to provide depth and clarity, but that is essentially it in my view).

On Spousal Abuse: Why is it worse than adultery? If it's incipient within marriage, there can be forgiveness, restoration and healing. It starts somewhere. Which part of "love and respect" is confusing? If before marriage,you should not have proceeded. Poor foundation. Marriage is for the mature, Xtian or not. Many things may be considered grounds for separation, but the truth is, only one is cited for divorce and one for remarriage. The exhortation is to marry properly, marry a God fearing person.

On The Past: Share everything about the past prior to marriage. If the trust is not there to share, you are probably not ready, if they are not willing to share, they are probably not right.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 04, 2012
Elos Agos:

Not necessarily me but the blanket word renewal can be misrepresented by our brethren to justify their lust. i.e if i sinned yesterday, i'll do a renewal today.

Thanks for the clarification though
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by justsmile(f): 1:51pm On Oct 04, 2012
musKeeto:
hehehee.. i for gree.. na dis your christ matter don spoil show.. cry
lol...... i tire for you o! i no even write am make u gree! where you belong self?! You and Christ una dey quarrel?!!! lol.... if no be in Christ na in devil?! Na wah for you o! am nothing without Jesus Christ! am good as dead without Him 1John 5:12. So yes my guy, Christ matter gats dey there o!
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by justsmile(f): 1:57pm On Oct 04, 2012
TV01:

The requirement for and the dispensation of grace does not end when you've met the one. You need it still once wed. It should be asked for and is freely given.

For example; I know a lot of men stray when their wives are expecting. Was it inevitable? No. Grace ad faith made that a lie, a non issue for us. I loved my wife more and we bonded the more. It heightened our journey.

For example; Nobody knows how pregnancy will change a woman physically. It can physically wreck women. My wife had - in my opinion - a near perfect figure when I met and married her. Did pregnancy take a toll? Yes, but I truly cherish her the more.

All my fears - based on observation - were groundless. But we still pray to love each other more, to cherish each other further, to remain faithful and for more grace. We don't take it for granted

I was and I am sure I made the right choice. It was a mixture of understanding and being led. By the end, I was bold to approach, confident to ask and knew what to look for. I also utterly trusted , that like all the ones before, that if she were the wrong one God would end it, as long as I stayed humble, stayed true and sought His Face.

On the one extreme, one can have total faith in God to lead you to your spouse - or bring your spouse to you. On the other, one can have the maturity and understanding to choose wisely and commit it to God. Or a mixture. We are all different. I heard umpteen testimonies about how people met and married. But God gave me my own template. Trust Him, he'll give you yours. I fleeced when I was "younger" in the Lord and God answered, but by the end, I wouldn't dream of doing that.

God bless
TV

On Divorce: I believe divorce is only permissible - not necessarily prescribed - where there is adultery. Re-marriage is only permitted in the event of death (there is some discussion to be had there to provide depth and clarity, but that is essentially it in my view).

On Spousal Abuse: Why is it worse than adultery? If it's incipient within marriage, there can be forgiveness, restoration and healing. It starts somewhere. Which part of "love and respect" is confusing? If before marriage,you should not have proceeded. Poor foundation. Marriage is for the mature, Xtian or not. Many things may be considered grounds for separation, but the truth is, only one is cited for divorce and one for remarriage. The exhortation is to marry properly, marry a God fearing person.

On The Past: Share everything about the past prior to marriage. If the trust is not there to share, you are probably not ready, if they are not willing to share, they are probably not right.
on point!
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by justsmile(f): 2:15pm On Oct 04, 2012
toba: I love ur taste. Dont worry somebody is viewing this thread and he's going to contact u soon

tnx Toba! That's just me! Don't need someone to contact me from what i wrote. What if am someone different from my write up?!!! Actually not here to be contacted, just shared my thought. That's all!!! I love Christians that are open and real!
but hey, apart from them 'church sisters' thing, you haven't shared yours...... your personal thought i mean. keep it real!
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 04, 2012
justsmile:
lol...... i tire for you o! i no even write am make u gree! where you belong self?! You and Christ una dey quarrel?!!! lol.... if no be in Christ na in devil?! Na wah for you o! am nothing without Jesus Christ! am good as dead without Him 1John 5:12. So yes my guy, Christ matter gats dey there o!
Yeah, me and Christ get serious quarrel o... grin
as for devil, you know say Bible seriously spoil the guy rep wink

I don highlight the parts wey I like for your post... just smile biko.. in case you consider 'yoking with unbeliever', put me for front of your list... or maybe who knows? Christ fit arrest me grin
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Gracious10: 3:02pm On Oct 04, 2012
justsmile:

tnx Toba! That's just me! Don't need someone to contact me from what i wrote. What if am someone different from my write up?!!! Actually not here to be contacted, just shared my thought. That's all!!! I love Christians that are open and real!
but hey, apart from them 'church sisters' thing, you haven't shared yours...... your personal thought i mean. keep it real!

U r so real Gurl, love ur openness. Bless u!
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by justsmile(f): 4:16pm On Oct 04, 2012
musKeeto:
Yeah, me and Christ get serious quarrel o... grin
as for devil, you know say Bible seriously spoil the guy rep wink

I don highlight the parts wey I like for your post... just smile biko.. in case you consider 'yoking with unbeliever', put me for front of your list... or maybe who knows? Christ fit arrest me grin

lol.... muskeeto abi na cockroach (kidding) which one be your own na?!!! If you and Lord Jesus get quarrel, the best bet is CONFRONTATION! you might claim You can't see.... trust me he is there and sees You! Make you just carry yourself lock for room, get a bible (if you have one) and call with all seriousness and yearning in your heart..... " Jesus , show up! I want us to talk!". Stay on it o, don't give up. Then come back and share your experience with us.

How i go yoke with you na?! water go fit blend with oil?!!! Abeg come over to the other side jor! No dey dull yourself o! i don talk finish! oya go do your confrontation sharperly!
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by justsmile(f): 4:21pm On Oct 04, 2012
Gracious10:

U r so real Gurl, love ur openness. Bless u!

tnx dearie!
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 04, 2012
justsmile:

Sis. never say never. You know im not married, i can decide to contact you. Seriously just as myself and Guitarlife agreed, some characters being exhibited on Nairaland are just the real world characters of some people.

In addition, one can always change from bad to good depending on who you meet and the circumstance(s) that led to ur meeting each other. Like i said, we dont have to be too rigid about our wants in the opposite partner. 7/10 is OK
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2012
justsmile:

lol.... muskeeto abi na cockroach (kidding) which one be your own na?!!! If you and Lord Jesus get quarrel, the best bet is CONFRONTATION! you might claim You can't see.... trust me he is there and sees You! Make you just carry yourself lock for room, get a bible (if you have one) and call with all seriousness and yearning in your heart..... " Jesus , show up! I want us to talk!". Stay on it o, don't give up. Then come back and share your experience with us.

How i go yoke with you na?! water go fit blend with oil?!!! Abeg come over to the other side jor! No dey dull yourself o! i don talk finish! oya go do your confrontation sharperly!

lol... But water and oil na im dey join each other for soup... all join na... i no one enter back door like toba... i dey plain.. contact me if you please... I need ppl to gist and argue with o.. cool
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by justsmile(f): 11:42am On Oct 05, 2012
toba: Sis. never say never. You know im not married, i can decide to contact you. Seriously just as myself and Guitarlife agreed, some characters being exhibited on Nairaland are just the real world characters of some people.

In addition, one can always change from bad to good depending on who you meet and the circumstance(s) that led to ur meeting each other. Like i said, we dont have to be too rigid about our wants in the opposite partner. 7/10 is OK

lol Toba..... this is just a forum meant for sharing right?!!! Abi part of the agenda is to be contacted?!!! undecided get your point you know, but not into internet 'catching up' thing especially on nairaland. Prefer having an interest in someone based on live contact than some 'supposed' internet impression. If i get contacted based on an impression from my write up, to me it is stereotyped. I would then have to thrive to live up to that impression when met live. Nahhhhhhhhh....that's not my thing! I like this forum, just want Christians to come, be real and share and learn from each other. that's all!
Hey wait a minute, you didn't even share your personal thought again! still waiting o!
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Abbott(m): 11:56am On Oct 05, 2012
TV01:

God bless
TV

Love your perspective, very balanced,clearand apt. What you should expect from a son of God.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 05, 2012
justsmile:

lol Toba..... this is just a forum meant for sharing right?!!! Abi part of the agenda is to be contacted?!!! undecided get your point you know, but not into internet 'catching up' thing especially on nairaland. Prefer having an interest in someone based on live contact than some 'supposed' internet impression. If i get contacted based on an impression from my write up, to me it is stereotyped. I would then have to thrive to live up to that impression when met live. Nahhhhhhhhh....that's not my thing! I like this forum, just want Christians to come, be real and share and learn from each other. that's all!
Hey wait a minute, you didn't even share your personal thought again! still waiting o!
shooo. Once again never say never. This thread is for singles to discuss, share experience and infact CONNECT with each other. The connection isnt limited. It may be taken to any level, eg romance, courtship and possibly marriage if God so permits. After all its Christian singles thread and not like what u have in the romance section of nairaland/some unholy dating sites filled with some lustful minds.

See anyone can fall for anyone by anything. Firstly, something must get u talking or attracted. eg. i love ur handle, i love ur response, i like the way u carry urself on NL etc. There after, friendship starts and sooooooooo on.

If i tell u how many people i met on Nairaland by just mere interaction and how we ve been friends outside of here till date, you'll be surprised.

Lastly I've shared my personal thought except u want me to do it again cheesy wink smiley
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 05, 2012
In addition to the above post, one still needs to be weary of who u meet online cos the story of late Cynthia is a lesson for everyone, however there still some good people.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 05, 2012
lets talk divorce abit

CAC Pastor seeks end to 32-year-old marriage

A 62-year-old man, Pastor Emmanuel Ojo, on Friday begged an Akure Chief Customary Court to put an end to the 32-year-old marriage between him and his wife, Victoria.

The Christ Apostolic Church (CAC) pastor complained that his wife was too quarrelsome, and was in the habit of raining curses on him whenever there were disagreements between them.

He told the court that because of her behaviour, he had attempted suicide three times in the past, adding that he was tired of her as she was too hot tempered.

The marriage is blessed with four children, Oluwaseyi Ojo, 32, Bankole Ojo, 30, Ayotunde Ojo, 27 and a Oluwabanke Ojo, 24.

Ojo told the court how he used to prostrate for his wife and beg her just for peace to reign in the house anytime she started fighting him.

According to the pastor, his wife’s behaviour had affected his pastoral duties and had caused him to break the vow he made with God.

you can read the rest

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/cac-pastor-seeks-end-to-32-year-old-marriage/
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 05, 2012
toba, its a bit funny, uve never had sex, ur not married, and u want to give advice on divorce?

hmmm.....

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Kgdavid(m): 6:24pm On Oct 05, 2012
great thread...especially for someone like me at this particular time. im not quite ready to get married but what id really like right now is to meet my life partner so we can get to know each other for like two years or more...been praying about it and kinda excited to think there is someone special somewhere waiting for me. i would like to ask the house though, do you guys thing everyone has a specific God given partner or there are a bunch of different folks God would approve of? i personally believe the latter with good reason
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by RedReact: 6:28pm On Oct 05, 2012
toba: lets talk divorce abit

CAC Pastor seeks end to 32-year-old marriage

you can read the rest

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/cac-pastor-seeks-end-to-32-year-old-marriage/

What a pity!
Surely, that is the evidence of mis-marrying.
Biblically speaking, he is not meant to divorce and if he were to do so, he shouldn't re-marry. Re-marriage after divorce, when the other part is still alive, is adultery.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 05, 2012
RedReact:

What a pity!
Surely, that is the evidence of mis-marrying.
Biblically speaking, he is not meant to divorce and if he were to do so, he shouldn't re-marry. Re-marriage after divorce, when the other part is still alive, is adultery.
meaning first step to guard against divorce starts from courtship, seeking Gods favour and then marrying the right person
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2012
musKeeto: toba, its a bit funny, uve never had sex, ur not married, and u want to give advice on divorce?

hmmm.....
why not? i haven't taken a loan from the bank before, yet my job allows me to advice the lender(bank) and the borrower cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (48) (Reply)

Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / 'Abuja Pastor Sent Prostitute To My Hotel Room' Says Gospel Singer / Pastor And Native Doctor Confess To Killing People, Paraded With Their Rituals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.