Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) (48032 Views)

I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by foluberry(f): 9:29pm On Oct 01, 2012
Very nice thread. Very very...proud of d thoughts. Nyweiz I need thots on divorce. D bible says God hates divorce and I'm fully aware of dat but den I visited a church in Enugu and d pastor said so categorically dat all divorcees are endin up in hell! I was wowed. Where is d concept of grace? Where is dat written in d bible? I confronted d man durin tym 4 questns and ansas dat sum women go thru hell in dia marriages, mamy have patched and patched and dey r about 2 lose dia lives in d bad marriage but he was unapologetic so I jus left! Ur thots on this pls
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Alumnus: 9:30pm On Oct 01, 2012
Chrisbenogor:
I know a 34 year old virgin, its no biggie really.

Nice to know, it shows I may be inexcusable if I fail. I shared mine to help some people like the OP are about to jettison their decision.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 01, 2012
acidtalk: @Toba and @guitarlife, I must say both of you have won my respect. I read every word line by line and can relate to what you are both feeling 100%

If I hadn't lot my virginity and sampled different products, I would have really been as proud as you both.

Believe me there is a whole lot to sex and spirituality than we can imagine.

I really wish you both all the best.
a@
well virginity doesnt mean good xter just as yoruba would say 'ido baale ki se iwa' lf did that being ignorant, u can always guard against future sins
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Calebsworld(m): 9:34pm On Oct 01, 2012
Sons and daughters of Sodom and Gommorahs,if u want advice read the bible,look at Joseph,if u go to net for advice,this frustrated bigots will swell ur head with their sins.trust me sin is sin.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Wsdm: 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2012
You have brought in a very good topic. You should have included all matured people instead of segregation. Don't you know that no particular set of people have the monopoly of good advice? Afterall, human can even learn from the animal. Bye-bye!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 01, 2012
foluberry: Very nice thread. Very very...proud of d thoughts. Nyweiz I need thots on divorce. D bible says God hates divorce and I'm fully aware of dat but den I visited a church in Enugu and d pastor said so categorically dat all divorcees are endin up in hell! I was wowed. Where is d concept of grace? Where is dat written in d bible? I confronted d man durin tym 4 questns and ansas dat sum women go thru hell in dia marriages, mamy have patched and patched and dey r about 2 lose dia lives in d bad marriage but he was unapologetic so I jus left! Ur thots on this pls
l think the pastor is wrong. 'if an eye would take u to hell, u can pluck out the eye before that eye makes u blind' l mean in the positive way. lf my wife (God forbid) turned promiscuous during out marriage and she has refused to change, should i keep her to set bad morals for the children?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 01, 2012
Wsdm: You have brought in a very good topic. You should have included all matured people instead of segregation. Don't you know that no particular set of people have the monopoly of good advice? Afterall, human can even learn from the animal. Bye-bye!!
so sorry. l said even married pple can share their experiences
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by UmericanGirl(f): 9:38pm On Oct 01, 2012
toba: pls what does that mean? i dont understand big english grin
Sorry. It was just a joke. I posted before I read it all.

I am single because.... I am not a virgin. grin
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 01, 2012
foluberry: Very nice thread. Very very...proud of d thoughts. Nyweiz I need thots on divorce. D bible says God hates divorce and I'm fully aware of dat but den I visited a church in Enugu and d pastor said so categorically dat all divorcees are endin up in hell! I was wowed. Where is d concept of grace? Where is dat written in d bible? I confronted d man durin tym 4 questns and ansas dat sum women go thru hell in dia marriages, mamy have patched and patched and dey r about 2 lose dia lives in d bad marriage but he was unapologetic so I jus left! Ur thots on this pls
So painful that I am replying with a mobile but I will try my best.
DIVORCE IS NOT PERMITTED AFTER MARRIAGE. The passage most people harp on reads 'except for fornication' mathew 5:32.
Do you mean to tell me Jesus made a mistake that he meant to say adultery but had a slip of tongue and said fornication ?
We need to get some education as christians. It all boils down to the jewish tradition.
The jewish tradition holds marriage in such high esteem so much that even if you were just engaged to be married to a lady.
Note that you had not even gotten married. You were only engaged to severe that engagement you needed a divorce.
That was why Joseph couldn't just walk out on Mary when he found out that she was pregnant although they were not yet married.
Now an adultery could only happen in the case of a married person but for engaged people the term was still fornication if they had sexual relations.
In essence Jesus meant that it was only people who were engaged to be married that were eligible for a divorce and the only reason permitted for you bro to 'divorce' that your petulant fiancee is fornication.
In essence you have no right as a christian to call of a relationship note not marriage now, a relationship unless your fiancee has commited fornication.
Therefore even before going into a relationship we have to be sure it's headed for the altar all things being equal.
Now this is God's undiluted standard by my own limited understanding.
May God grant us all wisdom.

7 Likes

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by NEROSKY(m): 9:42pm On Oct 01, 2012
toba: guy i beg u,if u ve not done it pls let go that idea. what do u stand to lose if u waited till u get married?

by ur age, i quite older than u in age and life experience. lf i can hold on for more than 25 what stops u from doing same? why do u want to destroy ur spiritual life? honestly sex or premarital se sends the holy spirit away from u and as a christian, if the holy spirit has departed from, u are as good as a living corpse.

BTW what do u do presently and whats stopping u from getting married?
you really tried, i started when i was 14...
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:42pm On Oct 01, 2012
Alumnus:

Nice to know, it shows I may be inexcusable if I fail. I shared mine to help some people like the OP are about to jettison their decision.
Kpele oh its not easy, at that age and still a virgin and you nor be monk? You too mush abeg grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by dking123: 9:42pm On Oct 01, 2012
So many females viewing this thread but non saying anything.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Havilah93(m): 9:43pm On Oct 01, 2012
toba: so i hope u know the xteristics u want in her. also are u of age? what are ur plans to meeting the right person?
of course i know the xteristics i want in my woman, but do you think men should actually wait for thier mis 'right'- the perfect girl with all good attributes?
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 01, 2012
mediainspired: I wish i culd marry my fiancee dis Decemba, but we havnt completed d minimum courtship period set by d marriage committee in d church. And she isnt even allowed to frequent my house; so sometimes i kinda feel lonely (i told her so today). I pray my neighbor's sis moves away (her broda is sumtyms out of town on official assignment). I sense she may get desperate &women can be dangerous wen dey're ar. Recently, she askd me 4som moni. Even tho i had it, i didnt giv it so as 2kill attachmnts. Am able 2handle oda women, but dis is a neighbor... Close by
may God deliver u ooo. Since u are saying it, theres a devil inside of u that may push u. put urself into ur wive to be's shoe. what if its her telling u this, would u be happy few months to ur wedding?
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by RedReact: 9:43pm On Oct 01, 2012
What thing I have personally about we Christians is that we tend to keep things to ourselves and thus, the devil plays a fast one on us.
Toba did a very great thing today because he has saved another brother from making a mistake that can cost him much.
Christians tend to talk about many things with each other, but when it comes to marital or intimacy issues, we grow cold yet being beaten on the inside.
It's not easy keeping faith in this present age, especially marital issues but we can still be guided through to the path of victory if only we don't walk alone.
Guitarlife, I want to commend your openness and sincerity. May God continue to uphold us all and keep us in faith (Amen).

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 01, 2012
After discussing here what next?
Will it affect the price of "garri" in the market?
#smh
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:45pm On Oct 01, 2012
Chrisbenogor: grin grin grin grin

Same old same old story.

Quick question guys, how many guys should a christian girl have had se"l"x with before you would say she is ok enough to be married?

If she says when I was in the world I did 10 guys now I am born again I am waiting for the one, do you wave it?

Just curious undecided
Nobody answered my question oh. Urgent answers needed biko.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 01, 2012
Havilah93:
of course i know the xteristics i want in my woman, but do you think men should actually wait for thier mis 'right'- the perfect girl with all good attributes?
yes and no. l delivered a speech sometime in May this yr. l say a man must be flexible with his choice. lf u seek 10 qualities and u found someone with seven/10 u can give it a go
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by UmericanGirl(f): 9:46pm On Oct 01, 2012
d king123: So many females viewing this thread but non saying anything.

We no be virgins. grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 01, 2012
Chrisbenogor:
Nobody answered my question oh. Urgent answers needed biko.
that girl is loose. a girl should keep it tight down there. must she open up every time?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 01, 2012
Nice thread. Actually enjoyed the dialog between to and guitarlife. Will post me experience once I get off my flight lol
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 01, 2012
UmericanGirl: Sorry. It was just a joke. I posted before I read it all.

I am single because.... I am not a virgin. grin
may be u are still young for marriage. what are the things u want in ur dream man?
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Gracious10: 9:52pm On Oct 01, 2012
toba: well virginity doesnt mean good xter just as yoruba would say 'ido baale ki se iwa' lf did that being ignorant, u can always guard against future sins

I totally agree with u, virginity doesn't mean hood xter, someone can be a virgin and has terrible, unbearable xter. Had one in my church who told anyone who listened about her virginity yet she has no respect for anyone not even the pastors of the church. She lacked respect in every sense of it. So what's virginity without a proper xtian xter of a supposedly spirit filled xtian? Who lacks humility.. Am very sure xter is one priority in finding a partner.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 01, 2012
davidylan: Nice thread. Actually enjoyed the dialog between to and guitarlife. Will post me experience once I get off my flight lol
nice one. lm expecting ur contribution
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 01, 2012
bbpreye: After discussing here what next?
Will it affect the price of "garri" in the market?
#smh

I thought you've repented! Na wa oh, Garri man na Garri man grin grin I no see any changes grin SMH

So, where are the single ladies? Your comments please o! grin
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Havilah93(m): 9:55pm On Oct 01, 2012
toba: yes and no. l delivered a speech sometime in May this yr. l say a man must be flexible with his choice. lf u seek 10 qualities and u found someone with seven/10 u can give it a go
okay thanks....dat means one must be careful in choice of life partner
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by RedReact: 9:56pm On Oct 01, 2012
Guitarlife:
In essence you have no right as a christian to call of a relationship note not marriage now, a relationship unless your fiancee has commited fornication.

A courtship can still be broken because it has not been sealed by a priest unlike marriage.
The issue of divorce being talked about in Matthew 5 dated far back to the book of Malachi. God word goes against divorce in marriage, but in case 'divorce is inevitable' the Bible states it clear that none of the couple should re-marry because it amounts to committing adultery.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by UmericanGirl(f): 9:56pm On Oct 01, 2012
toba: may be u are still young for marriage. what are the things u want in ur dream man?

My dream man is just that... a dream. I don't want a perfect man just the one that perfects me. Age/race/appearance/etc has no holds on deciding my future partner...

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 01, 2012
ondo_boi: so holy spirit dey depart pastors wey dey fvck toto... I no gree o @toba
u wouldnt understand. The holy spirit is the spirit of God. how can u be immoral and expect the holy spirit to be pleased with u? moreso from a pastor caught in immoral act?
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 01, 2012
UmericanGirl:

My dream man is just that... a dream. I don't want a perfect man just the one that perfects me. Age/race/appearance/etc has no holds on deciding my future partner...
of course it shdnt be. yet u must be careful cos i feel so bad with the rate of divorce these days. it shd start by choosing the right person and Getting Gods approval

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 01, 2012
sophi: marriage is a very sensitive union . After our salvation d next important issue is marriage. Sex before marriage is a sin , d bible says marriage is honourable n d bed undefile that is my bedrock any day n anytime. It is of utmost importance to seek God's face before marriage.
l pray God help u to abide by this
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 01, 2012
RedReact:

A courtship can still be broken because it has not been sealed by a priest unlike marriage.
The issue of divorce being talked about in Matthew 5 dated far back to the book of Malachi. God word goes against divorce in marriage, but in case 'divorce is inevitable' the Bible states it clear that none of the couple should re-marry because it amounts to committing adultery.
Did you read the whole post ? I am not talking from inference here, I practically took the words out of the mouth of Jesus. Mathew 5:32 is clear enough though it may appeared skewed due to what 'pastors' have made it look like.
The key word is FORNICATION AND NOT ADULTERY. Adultery is a non-issue, the panacea for adultery is forgiveness except you think Jesus made a mistake and meant to say adultery.
We should learn to put our emotions at bay when dividing the word. This is even clear enough, no ambiguity. If you are having doubts please reread my post.
God bless you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply)

Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Apostle Suleman & Wife, Lizzy Loved Up Like Never Before In New Photos / Fight Inside Olivet Baptist Church In US While Pastor Was Preaching (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.