Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

For The Love Of The Green Card.. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / For The Love Of The Green Card.. (1768 Views)

The “Green Light” That Tells You She Is ‘really’ In Love With You. / Weird Ways 21st Century Ladies Give The "Green Light". (Updated Version) / 5 Signs That She's Giving You The Green Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For The Love Of The Green Card.. by UmericanGirl(f): 8:30pm On Sep 25, 2012
Is it possible for a Nigerian man to fall in love with an American and NOT fall in love with the green card?

Thoughts?
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by k2039: 8:47pm On Sep 25, 2012
[size=14pt]Nothing is impossible,so yes it is possible

I know you know it is possible,just wondering why you had to open the thread[/size]

2 Likes

Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by tellwsdom: 8:55pm On Sep 25, 2012
Obama single handedly gave me Blues..I rejected it ...So feck that tin angry angry
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 25, 2012
UmericanGirl: Is it possible for a Nigerian man to fall in love with an American and NOT fall in love with the green card?

Thoughts?

undecided undecided
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by UmericanGirl(f): 9:08pm On Sep 25, 2012
Perhaps I should have asked if it was probable?

Really no harm meant.. Just a girl attracted to Nigerian men, but as an American you could see how that may lead to the green card issue, eh?
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by MrsChima(f): 9:44pm On Sep 25, 2012
You are attracted to Nigerian men as in plural or a Nigerian man?
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by tpia5: 9:46pm On Sep 25, 2012
UmericanGirl: Is it possible for a Nigerian man to fall in love with an American and NOT fall in love with the green card?

Thoughts?

depends.

a nigerian man who already has a green card, or who is a US citizen, or one who doesnt fit into either category?
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by UmericanGirl(f): 10:05pm On Sep 25, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
You are attracted to Nigerian men as in plural or a Nigerian man?
There is a particular one. He does not fit the categories mentioned.
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by MrsChima(f): 10:59pm On Sep 25, 2012
If it is one Nigerian man then I suggest you focus on him and zee if he wants you for you and not the papers you can give him.

Each Nigerian man is different and I got a good one.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by UmericanGirl(f): 3:24am On Sep 26, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
If it is one Nigerian man then I suggest you focus on him and zee if he wants you for you and not the papers you can give him.

Each Nigerian man is different and I got a good one.

Good luck.

Thank you. I just don't want to be duped because I like this man very much...dare I say love him.
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by MarcAnthon(m): 3:31am On Sep 26, 2012
What is it with akata women thinking all Nigerians want is a green card? That is so wrong and condescending. At the end of the day people still live and do very well without a green card. So what's with the attitude?
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by UmericanGirl(f): 4:09am On Sep 26, 2012
I am not "Akata" and all Americans (Akata or not) do not feel that way.
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by MarcAnthon(m): 4:23am On Sep 26, 2012
I didn't say "all". So the big question is why do you feel that way? since not all Americans feel that way
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by Nobody: 4:53am On Sep 26, 2012
UmericanGirl:

I just don't want to be duped .

F4uck you miss. Something tells me you're a product of immigrant. If you truly love this man as you said I don't think you would open this stupid thread. Before you come back here to type sh1t I'm also American citizen n didn't babysit no one not even a fat old lady to have it.

Smh @ all these fat So called Americans hunting African d*ck
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by birdman(m): 5:15am On Sep 26, 2012
Make sure he has a decent job and is already supporting himself. Otherwise, better safe than sorry
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by Nobody: 6:27am On Sep 26, 2012
Test that spirit!! If someone is proposing marriage within a month of meeting you, if you have never met their parents or extended family, if they are in the US on a student visa, or if you have a 'nagging feeling', step back and look at the big picture. Don't be deceived by your own desires. Yes it's possible, but is it likely? I have had this 'game' broken down to me by various Nigerian friends, and all I can say is "beware". Whether you are with them for 5 yrs or 20 yrs, many men return to Nigeria after retiring. You may find that the money sent home to help his family, may also have been funding the construction of a dream home. Are you willing to relocate to Nigeria when you are older? It's ok if you won't. It won't be difficult for your husband to find a new Nigerian wife... or settle down with the one who was there all along. Of course not every Nigerian man will do this. However, I personally believe those who remain with their American wife 'till death do us part', are rare gems amongst mountains of rocks. sad
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 26, 2012
What is so special about US? Can someone with experience and knowledge kindly tell me. sad undecided
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by SAFO(m): 9:04am On Sep 26, 2012
pDude: What is so special about US? Can someone with experience and knowledge kindly tell me. sad undecided

Nothing really.
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by MrsChima(f): 9:34am On Sep 26, 2012
MarcAnthon: I didn't say "all". So the big question is why do you feel that way? since not all Americans feel that way

You didnt say all akata women but you immaturely assumed she was an akata or a nigga.
By the way Tpia is Nigerian like you.
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by MrsChima(f): 9:38am On Sep 26, 2012
pDude: What is so special about US? Can someone with experience and knowledge kindly tell me. sad undecided

Nothing....all shit stank the same.
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by UmericanGirl(f): 4:40pm On Sep 26, 2012
My most sincere apologies if I have offended anyone. It was not my intention. Growing up as an American we are often told from a very early age not to marry a foreigner because they will use you and marry you for the green card. We are also told that if a foreigner is seeking love inside the US then it is for the green card. I believe in some cases this is true. However, I also believe the opposite. I am willing to step out on a limb and marry a "foreigner" for love, but at the same time what has been pounded into my head has me fearful of that "love" turning into a betrayal.

@birdman He does have a job and is supporting himself currently.

@FlowerPower Thank you for the response. I would not mind relocating to Nigeria. I think the culture is great and the food is fabulous. The man in question knows that I would not mind moving to Nigeria, but at the present time I am unable for various reasons.
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 26, 2012
k2039:

grin

1 Like

Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 26, 2012
UmericanGirl: My most sincere apologies if I have offended anyone. It was not my intention. Growing up as an American we are often told from a very early age not to marry a foreigner because they will use you and marry you for the green card. We are also told that if a foreigner is seeking love inside the US then it is for the green card. I believe in some cases this is true. However, I also believe the opposite. I am willing to step out on a limb and marry a "foreigner" for love, but at the same time what has been pounded into my head has me fearful of that "love" turning into a betrayal.

@birdman He does have a job and is supporting himself currently.

@FlowerPower Thank you for the response. I would not mind relocating to Nigeria. I think the culture is great and the food is fabulous. The man in question knows that I would not mind moving to Nigeria, but at the present time I am unable for various reasons.
@OP if you are truly American, I beg you to please travel to Nigeria with a friend and spend some time time there to truly understand what you are saying. I agree that the food is good, but you probably don't know the 'real' culture. Poverty is a beast that will devour most who cross its path. You need to see, breathe, and live Nigeria first hand. Only then will you understand the driving force and commitment for gaining access to places like the US. If you grew up in the rural South, then you may be able to cope with some of the discomforts. However, are you willing to subject your children to the environment? Become friends with some Nigerians in your area that are not associated with your friend, read through threads here, read the Nigerian news, watch some videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHKLIpz9F5c.
Of course none of that can be a true representation of your friend, but at least you will have some insight before you leap into the fire. Also ask yourself, "Would I marry an American man under the present circumstances?" Do not make excuses in your mind for what you feel are acceptable reasons for him. For example if your requirements for an American man would be him having a degree, having stable employment, introducing you to his family, being the primary breadwinner, etc, do not let your friend slide because of his situation. Make sure he is here legally. Find out what he is doing to stay here legally long term. If he has no concrete plans, be wary. You and I both know that skilled educated workers are often allowed to remain here indefinitely and given the opportunity to become a permanent resident. Don't bombard him with questions because that would be insulting. Instead, take your time to get to know him and find out if his interest is genuine.

1 Like

Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by kokoye(m): 9:32pm On Sep 26, 2012
I have met several Nigerian men who were born in the US but raised in Nigeria. Some married whites while some married African American. Of course it is easy to take a look from the outside and conclude they married for green card.

On the other hand, I have friends who entered into relationships for green card purpose but ended up faliing in love with that person.

Like my dear Mrs Chima said, focus on the person and their heart ...so you dont miss out on what is truly meant to be yours.

Good luck.
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by MrsChima(f): 9:58pm On Sep 26, 2012
kokoye: I have met several Nigerian men who were born in the US but raised in Nigeria. Some married whites while some married African American. Of course it is easy to take a look from the outside and conclude they married for green card.

On the other hand, I have friends who entered into relationships for green card purpose but ended up faliing in love with that person.

Like my dear Mrs Chima said, focus on the person and their heart ...so you dont miss out on what is truly meant to be yours.

Good luck.

Lawd it gon storm! This negro done agrred with me! Miss you noo. Muaah.
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by kokoye(m): 10:03pm On Sep 26, 2012
what...everrrrr
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by MrsChima(f): 10:17pm On Sep 26, 2012
kokoye: what...everrrrr

See that why I don't like old and dried up BLACK MEN! Grouchy punk! angry angry angry

I done said I miss you and gave your old ass a kiss and you gon say what..eeevvvver? May your anus give out as your wife give you head!
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by kokoye(m): 10:38pm On Sep 26, 2012
grin grin

Mr. Chima got pile or hemorrhoids??
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by MrsChima(f): 11:46pm On Sep 26, 2012
kokoye: grin grin

Mr. Chima got pile or hemorrhoids??

May you shit yourself tonight! grin grin grin
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by kokoye(m): 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2012
I already wear adult diapers grin
Re: For The Love Of The Green Card.. by Princess1982(f): 3:06pm On Dec 11, 2012

Thoughts?
I know this is a late post but I feel you. I have friends that African man offered to pay money to marry them for a green card but none of them ever did it. So I can understand why you asked the question but not all Nigerians are like that.

(1) (Reply)

Should I Accept Her Back? / Things Every Girl Want From Her Boy Friend? / Will You Still Marry Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.