Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,647 members, 7,823,831 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (176685 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 5:56pm On Apr 14, 2013
mayankho:

Temmytanny its a sister not a brother.
ok sista grin grin
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Afro4u: 6:03pm On Apr 14, 2013
please someone should advice me on what to do here, i came to usa today and i changed my adress at point of entry, do i still have to fill online form for change of address?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 7:00pm On Apr 14, 2013
Afro4u: please someone should advice me on what to do here, i came to usa today and i changed my adress at point of entry, do i still have to fill online form for change of address?
No!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by junkerhill(m): 7:53pm On Apr 14, 2013
jidex001:

Guy, I can read. I am asking how did he pay. Is it with mastercard or with what medium. Wifi is not a debit card na.
sorry i quoted you wrongly brother. Apologies pls.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 8:01pm On Apr 14, 2013
junkerhill: sorry i quoted you wrongly brother. Apologies pls.

No P, one love.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by junkerhill(m): 8:05pm On Apr 14, 2013
penticom: yes ooo, @Taye- sola. am coming too o. i beg let me know how life is in atlanta. also how to get cheap flight to atlanta.
you can book a flight to JFK New York 134k wit emirate and then buy a flight ticket from JFK to Atlanta at 50-70k at most or even less.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by junkerhill(m): 8:31pm On Apr 14, 2013
@packaging my man, laughter shall be your portion because u hav been destined to celebrate with us this xmas at our Get-together party in which Adesoji is our host.
@Adesoji, the God who started good things in your life will finish it. As you are counting the number of years you hav been in America, so shall you count your blessings as well. And this prayer also goes to well-meaning Nigerians who hav contributed one way or another in the progress, comfort and settling down of the newly immigrated Nigerians, people like Temmy, Jejelady, brightmon, and many others who i cant remember. May your doors of blessings continually remain open and never to be shut in life. Amen
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by penticom: 8:32pm On Apr 14, 2013
@junkerhill. thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:21pm On Apr 14, 2013
Afro4u: hello good people in the house. I have been following this topic since i pick up my Visa March ending. I landed in America few minutes back with my family of four. I changed my address at POE to Indiana and i was told its noted already. My question is this: do i still have to call them to know if the changes is effected? and again, in plan to pay my GC fees here right now, hope that wont affect my papers processing?

you are welcome afro4u! There is nothing bad in calling them to confirm.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by loconzo00: 3:26am On Apr 15, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Thank you my dearest brother God will perfect everything concerning you too.

Amen.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by loconzo00: 3:28am On Apr 15, 2013
ferdimako:

Do not send your wife,abeg.

grin grin grin
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by cenobs007(m): 10:15am On Apr 15, 2013
congratulations 4 those dat arrive
USA. Yor ticket price is cheap, i met wit agents, told me N230-N255k.
PLS
how did u buy yor ticket, was it 2ru
an agent or u did it 2ru internet or u
went 2 d airport?
I gave d Embassy New York address, Pls how can i change my
address from New York 2 Texas. I
dont want 2 go 2 New York instead
Texas.
Please i nid yor contribution. Its urgent. I will be glad.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by cenobs007(m): 10:25am On Apr 15, 2013
junkerhill: you can book a flight to JFK New York 134k wit emirate and then buy a flight ticket from JFK to Atlanta at 50-70k at most or even less.

congratulations. Yor ticket price is cheap, i met wit agents, told me N230-N255k.
PLS
went 2 d airport?
Texas.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ebykings(f): 3:47pm On Apr 15, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
Interview rescheduled from Dec 27,2010 to January,24, 2011
Visa approved January 24,2011
Visa picked up Feb 2011
Departure Aprill 11,2011
POE April 12, 2011
Welcoming Letter April, 26,2011
SSN May 5, 2011
Job search May-June 2011
Employed June 2011>>>>>>>>>>
"What the lord have done for me I can not count it all......
My People I dont know of other tribes but average Nigerian guys are hard working and only need a small push to succeed, there are lot of opportunity here (still)if you are ready to work and be focused.All other guys here can testify too.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL, I APPRECIATE YOU ALL.

So happy 4u & family u are blessed
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Imcool(m): 10:24pm On Apr 15, 2013
FINAL STAGE OF PREPARATION... SURELY GONNA MISS MY MAMA DELICACIES...
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by chykezworld: 12:06am On Apr 16, 2013
@temmy n adesojiaderemi....abeg bros ur boi dey humble...@temmy abeg i dey try locate or link jejelady...i saw on her profile wey she say she dey render assistance to new immigrants in terms of accomodation n helpn to get a job for free....i dey tit corner nw...i hv bn tryn to send her mails but i dont tink she hs bn checkn her mails...abeg e get as u fit help me link her...e hook me for neck like dis..i take God beg u.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by lateefdauda(m): 12:38am On Apr 16, 2013
Hello house.Got my social security today.nah Green card remain ooo.Thanks u all for the support...
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Allybert: 12:33am On Apr 17, 2013
To the glory of God, I received my Greencard and Social Security Card in the mail yesterday; that is after 18 days since arriving The States. It seems like an eternity. But they are finally here.... How the job hunt begins while I am doing some certification courses.... Thanks Adesoji for the advise about not to worry concerning the notice we received last week suspending further action on processing our GC.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 7:46pm On Apr 17, 2013
Allybert: To the glory of God, I received my Greencard and Social Security Card in the mail yesterday; that is after 18 days since arriving The States. It seems like an eternity. But they are finally here.... How the job hunt begins while I am doing some certification courses.... Thanks Adesoji for the advise about not to worry concerning the notice we received last week suspending further action on processing our GC.

Congratulations Allybert, na so the thing de be, e go be like say make everything de rush, but God knows de best time.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 7:48pm On Apr 17, 2013
chykezworld: @temmy n adesojiaderemi....abeg bros ur boi dey humble...@temmy abeg i dey try locate or link jejelady...i saw on her profile wey she say she dey render assistance to new immigrants in terms of accomodation n helpn to get a job for free....i dey tit corner nw...i hv bn tryn to send her mails but i dont tink she hs bn checkn her mails...abeg e get as u fit help me link her...e hook me for neck like dis..i take God beg u.

My brother I am with you and also pray that God go make a way, I will advice you keep come and keep praying God will open another door.Please dont rush into things o.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by chykezworld: 9:09pm On Apr 17, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

My brother I am with you and also pray that God go make a way, I will advice you keep come and keep praying God will open another door.Please dont rush into things o.
boss tnx for ur wise advice....tnx.....c me as ur own person.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by junkerhill(m): 12:36am On Apr 18, 2013
cenobs007: congratulations 4 those dat arrive
USA. Yor ticket price is cheap, i met wit agents, told me N230-N255k.
PLS
went 2 d airport?
Texas.
my brother, you can either go to their office which normally opens by 3:00pm everyday at MMA, lagos or book online at www.wakanow.com. Flight ticket is cheaper at these 2 places. I bet you, you can spend more than 150-170k to Texas.
As for change of address, you can do that witht the immigration at you POE. You have notin to worry. Just relax, everytin will be alryt.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by mayankho(f): 6:25am On Apr 18, 2013
ferdimako:

Update ur profile to avoid this.

Will do just that, thank you Ferdimako
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by mayankho(f): 6:31am On Apr 18, 2013
How are you my brothers and sisters in texas? We here about the fire at the fertilizer plant, I pray to God that all of you are safe.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 6:37am On Apr 18, 2013
junkerhill: my brother, you can either go to their office which normally opens by 3:00pm everyday at MMA, lagos or book online at www.wakanow.com. Flight ticket is cheaper at these 2 places. I bet you, you can spend more than 150-170k to Texas.
As for change of address, you can do that witht the immigration at you POE. You have notin to worry. Just relax, everytin will be alryt.

I Will advice anyone going to texas to bugdet minimum of 200k to be on a safe side. High season is approaching.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ifeanyiabdul: 5:44pm On Apr 18, 2013
seal777:

you can pay using your gtbank naira master card.[/b].

you can pay using your gtbank naira master card.

Good evening my good people of the house!
I always pray for you all and continue to pray for the success of all in this forum.
I have 5 questions begging for answers:

1. I need to pay USCIS fees for 5 of us. I tried making a payment yesterday evening with my GTB Domicilliary mastercard. I was debited 165usd while a message appeared saying my card is invalid or cannot be recognized. My question is for those who have payed using their cards: Can I pay using my GTB Naira Master Card and not GTB Domiciliary Master Card?

2. On the website for driving test, can I read, study and take the exam from Nigeria before leaving for the states or must I get to u.s. 1ST.

3. @Adesoji, I read in one of the earlier posts that you are a cisco instructor: Can you or others advice me on this aspect. Can I prepare for this certification and take the exam here in Nigeria and have a guaranteed chance of gainful employment in U.S. Otherwise, please advice on other certifications!

4. Due to Summer rush: Which agent can I use to book for a family of 5 at reasonable cost. I don't mean all those 350k tickets via United and the rest. Please, your recommendations would be appreciated.

5. Last question is on the USCIS page when you are about hitting the final payment button: There is a field that request for billing address- Which address should I fill in here: my host address in U.S. or My local Nigerian bank address or my Local Nigeria Home address.

6. My Point of Entry is Virginia: How is Virginia generally and how long does it take to get green card and ssn in virginia. anybody from that axis or who knows about virginia?

Thank you for your usual support! God bless you as you educate me and answer 1 or more of my questions!!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:32pm On Apr 18, 2013
Sorry for my late response abdul,concerning the Cisco certification;you can do it in any approved Pro-metric center anywhere, it is still same examination and the certificate is same all over the world.If you can, get as many certifications;ccna,msce.. before you come.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by nifty: 3:47am On Apr 19, 2013
hello ifeanyi.abdul i live in richmond,virginia what part of virginia are you coming to?..........i think its pretty expensive coming to virginia no direct flight or you can get a more cheaper flight to baltimore or DC its 2 hours away nd ur host can come get you there.............cheers
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ifeanyiabdul: 8:34am On Apr 19, 2013
nifty: hello ifeanyi.abdul i live in richmond,virginia what part of virginia are you coming to?..........i think its pretty expensive coming to virginia no direct flight or you can get a more cheaper flight to baltimore or DC its 2 hours away nd ur host can come get you there.............cheers

Hey Nifty! Thanks for your response; My host stays at Woodbridge, VA. She mentioned to me the last time we spoke a couple of days back that I could come in through Atlanta Georgia Airport and pick up a connecting flight to Dulles Washington airport. What do you think? How should I take it from Nigeria? Airline?

How long did it take for your Green card and SSN to be processed? Thanks!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ifeanyiabdul: 8:35am On Apr 19, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
Sorry for my late response abdul,concerning the Cisco certification;you can do it in any approved Pro-metric center anywhere, it is still same examination and the certificate is same all over the world.If you can, get as many certifications;ccna,msce.. before you come.

Thanks a million Adesoji,
I replied you in the 2013 forum! Meanwhile, I appreciate and getting ready to "go back to school"!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Afro4u: 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2013
its has been 5days now i got to America with my family. I had gone for my SSN with my family on Monday at their nearest office in Indianapolis and was asked to wait for almost 2weeks before i get it. For now, what other things things can i do aside from preparing for driving test? again, is it possible to open bank account with my passport alone?
Again, its like everybody here believe that one can not get good job with Nigeria certificate except all these menial jobs, i dont know how though is this too. Thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by junkerhill(m): 2:41pm On Apr 19, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:

Thanks a million Adesoji,
I replied you in the 2013 forum! Meanwhile, I appreciate and getting ready to "go back to school"!
@Abdul, go to my profile, my contact is there. Send me an email or add me on facebook. I'm headed Atlanta after my interview. Will be comforted knowing I have a brother close by, be it in atlanta or Virginia.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.