Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,291 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (176676 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Godswisest1: 4:55pm On Apr 08, 2013
Gbenge 77: I love the vibrancy of this thread,considering that a few years ago,Dv threads were virtually non existent.But of course,its generating So much nostalgia recently,and its quite exhilarating to see the high level of enthusiasm the DV process covets now.Yes,one has to recognize the clairvoyance of adesojiaderemi in creating this thread.Its sure been of homongous help to DV immigrants.Second base!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by loconzo00: 5:59pm On Apr 08, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

loconzo00 everything is in order, you may receive your green card this week.

Bless u brother
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 12:17am On Apr 09, 2013
God'swisest:
Adesojiaderemi, temmy and odas u guys ar great men God bless u all
u are welcome bro
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Allybert: 1:28am On Apr 09, 2013
loconzo00:

Thanks a lot brother.
That's the exact form we received but my concern is that under Notice Type, it states ..
Notice Type: Receipt Notice
Fee in Suspense

pls enlighten me here because i have paid about two weeks ago and they still indicated on the letter that fee is in suspense until they have made a final decision.
Could it be same with others who have received theirs ?
loconzo00:

Please guys, i received NOTICE OF RECEIPT from Homeland Security today. It states that further action is suspended until a decision is made concerning my fees. I paid the fees since 26th of March.

My Questions are : 1. Could this be the so-called welcome letter and if not how does it look like?
2. Could the paid fees still possibly not received by Homeland security yet?

Pls let those who have received the welcome letter and GC help me out here.
Thanks

We received the same notice in the mail today. Whereas we paid the fees 2 weeks before we departed Naija using my debit master card. I think its a procedure Homeland security have to follow until they finally verify or receives the money from the bank or the credit/debit card provider.

Nevertheless, I will give them a call tomorrow to inquiry about what is really going on. I am certain it is not a big deal. Lets just hope we won`t have to wait too long than usual because of this fee palava.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by loconzo00: 2:35am On Apr 09, 2013
Allybert:

We received the same notice in the mail today. Whereas we paid the fees 2 weeks before we departed Naija using my debit master card. I think its a procedure Homeland security have to follow until they finally verify or receives the money from the bank or the credit/debit card provider.

Nevertheless, I will give them a call tomorrow to inquiry about what is really going on. I am certain it is not a big deal. Lets just hope we won`t have to wait too long than usual because of this fee palava.

I tried their line too but i couldn't get through to the right information i needed.
It's an auto line.
Pls let's know what they say if you get through.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 3:02pm On Apr 09, 2013
...whenever there is an argument I always draw the x,y axis and always meet at a point(trying to help one another). While helping others we ought to avoid stepping on other's nerve.I got motivated by the Cape- Verdans,Mexicans and the Brazilians immigrant;they dont only help themselves to secure A visa but also help in settling down (accommodation,work,transportation..)and that is why they are all over the place.The problem with some of us is Pride;trying to impress people with little or no information at hand,trying to gather allies rather than making friends.

Some also like to spark up conflicts by kissing people's A S S, this will take us no where,let us forget about the Pass and move from on.Let us learn to say "sorry" rather than playing pranks covering an old wound with with new cloths. I am just thinking..

3 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by idoo4love: 6:22pm On Apr 09, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

give me your e-mail address.
praisylo at yahoo dot come
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 6:33pm On Apr 09, 2013
idoo4love: praisylo at yahoo dot come

ok I will check you out bro.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by lateefdauda(m): 6:55pm On Apr 09, 2013
Hello guys hw u all doing? pls i received a letter from dep of homland security today .form I-797c NOTICE OF ACTION...

With recepit number,Received date,Notice date,case type,Applicant,and Notice type;Receipt Notice fee in suspence.

Dont knw if my green card will be send to me with this house
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 7:32pm On Apr 09, 2013
lateefdauda: Hello guys hw u all doing? pls i received a letter from dep of homland security today .form I-797c NOTICE OF ACTION...

With recepit number,Received date,Notice date,case type,Applicant,and Notice type;Receipt Notice fee in suspence.

Dont knw if my green card will be send to me with this house
xpect your greencard nextweek
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by lateefdauda(m): 8:02pm On Apr 09, 2013
ok mr temmy thanks.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Gbenge77(m): 9:26pm On Apr 09, 2013
eduson33:
bolded
NAWA oo
Its alright,I just decided to turn it up a notch.Wishing all immigrants gargatuan success.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Gbenge77(m): 9:28pm On Apr 09, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
the code for welcoming letter is 1-797C it is called "notice of action"
Bros Adesoji,how have you been?Just checking on you.Enjoy......
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 10:11pm On Apr 09, 2013
Gbenge 77: Bros Adesoji,how have you been?Just checking on you.Enjoy......
God bless you my dearest bros.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 2:42am On Apr 10, 2013
GOD BLESS AMERICA
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by eduson33(m): 6:41am On Apr 10, 2013
never mind jare,
sometimes we need to have fun.

Gbenge 77: Its alright,I just decided to turn it up a notch.Wishing all immigrants gargatuan success.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by mayankho(f): 8:58am On Apr 10, 2013
ighoosagie: GOD BLESS AMERICA

GOD BLESS AMERICA INDEED
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 12:05pm On Apr 10, 2013
mayankho:

GOD BLESS AMERICA INDEED
Always my brother always
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by taiyeshola: 2:00pm On Apr 10, 2013
Hello house,nice to be back here,Temmytanny,Adesojiaderemi and others,u guys are doin a good job here,God will continue to be with you.Got to Atlanta on d 28th of March,my POE was dallas b4 connecting to Atlanta.went to apply for SSN no last wk thursday.yet to receive any letter or mail.How soon will d SSN n greencard arrive.will be awaitin your response
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by penticom: 2:48pm On Apr 10, 2013
yes ooo, @Taye- sola. am coming too o. i beg let me know how life is in atlanta. also how to get cheap flight to atlanta.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 3:32pm On Apr 10, 2013
taiye-shola:
Hello house,nice to be back here,Temmytanny,Adesojiaderemi and others,u guys are doin a good job here,God will continue to be with you.Got to Atlanta on d 28th of March,my POE was dallas b4 connecting to Atlanta.went to apply for SSN no last wk thursday.yet to receive any letter or mail.How soon will d SSN n greencard arrive.will be awaitin your response

you are welcome taiye-shola, within 20 working days everything should be ready.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by taiyeshola: 4:06pm On Apr 10, 2013
[quote author=penticom]yes ooo, @Taye- sola. am coming too o. i beg let me know how life is in atlanta. also how to get cheap flight to atlanta.[/quot
@Penticom,life in Atlanta is ok,took Emirate Airline,requested for 19hrs stopover,so we were lodged in an hotel,given breakfast,lunch n dinner b4 we connect to Dallas,n then to Atlanta.it was fun though long.Evrythin cost 242k per person cos Delta was around 297k wc was too expensive.I think Air maroc is cheap but not a direct flight,u can make enqquiry.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by taiyeshola: 4:12pm On Apr 10, 2013
@adesojiaderemmi,thanks so much sir,will have to wait,
thank
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by lateefdauda(m): 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2013
@adesojiaderemmi i wan ask u some thing pls the notice of action those it show ur welcome note because i didnt c welcome stuff ther likewise do u receive urs like that.thanks bro
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 4:36pm On Apr 10, 2013
lateefdauda: @adesojiaderemmi i wan ask u some thing pls the notice of action those it show ur welcome note because i didnt c welcome stuff ther likewise do u receive urs like that.thanks bro

No problem my brother, once you receive notice of action, then you are in order, if you didnt receive your green card within 3o days then call them.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by lateefdauda(m): 5:00pm On Apr 10, 2013
kk bro thanks.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by araidris: 8:46pm On Apr 10, 2013
You guy are great, been enjoying this thread and it has added a lot to my Knowlegde. Keep it up guys, more grease to our elbows.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Allybert: 1:02am On Apr 11, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

No problem my brother, once you receive notice of action, then you are in order, if you didnt receive your green card within 3o days then call them.

@adesojiaderemi, the notice of action type we received, I believe, is not thesame type as the one you guys that received your visa packages before Feb 2013 received. I think this notice of action is kind of complicated because it has to do with the new $165.00 USCIS Fee. Receipt Notice suspending further action (Processing of the green card) until a decision have been made concerning the paid fee.... I have been trying to get a better comprehensive explanation of what is going on but I have not been able to be provided with that until I have my receipt number; I am not in possesion of the letter because it was sent to the NY address I provided as my final destination but we had to come to TX....

So those of you that have letter and know the receipt number, you can call USCIS or track your status with the receipt number. I will do our`s as when the letter gets here hopefully by Friday.

If anyone have any explanation for this I will so much appreciate it.... Please don`t tell me what you think I will like to hear oo. Say it as it is or as it were...... Thanks.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:30am On Apr 11, 2013
Allybert:

@adesojiaderemi, the notice of action type we received, I believe, is not thesame type as the one you guys that received your visa packages before Feb 2013 received. I think this notice of action is kind of complicated because it has to do with the new $165.00 USCIS Fee. Receipt Notice suspending further action (Processing of the green card) until a decision have been made concerning the paid fee.... I have been trying to get a better comprehensive explanation of what is going on but I have not been able to be provided with that until I have my receipt number; I am not in possesion of the letter because it was sent to the NY address I provided as my final destination but we had to come to TX....

So those of you that have letter and know the receipt number, you can call USCIS or track your status with the receipt number. I will do our`s as when the letter gets here hopefully by Friday.

If anyone have any explanation for this I will so much appreciate it.... Please don`t tell me what you think I will like to hear oo. Say it as it is or as it were...... Thanks.

Bro I understand what you are saying,my green card too got lost in transit because i change address when I came down, I have to pay $450 for replacement,they received my application and also send Notice of Action with reciept number,however if you dont receive your green within 30days call USCIS, they will tell you the status of your Application.

you can check your case status through this link, but sometimes it is better to call them https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Allybert: 1:56am On Apr 11, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Bro I understand what you are saying,my green card too got lost in transit because i change address when I came down, I have to pay $450 for replacement,they received my application and also send Notice of Action with reciept number,however if you dont receive your green within 30days call USCIS, they will tell you the status of your Application.

you can check your case status through this link, but sometimes it is better to call them https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do

Thanks bro. I actually did a lil more research and I found out that the I-797C, Notice of Action is Issued to communicate receipt of payments, rejection of applications, transfer of files, fingerprint biometric, interview and re-scheduled appointments, and re-open cases. In our case it is receipt of payments and I hope that a decision is made concerning the payment as soon as possible so that they can reopen our case and process our GC before the September deadline.

I will check our status as soon as the letter gets here by Friday.............

One more thing, I and my wife applied for our Sola Sola last week Monday and my wife`s own arrived on Monday. Mine is yet to show up. I want to believe its a delay from the post office..... What do you think could have actually caused the delays?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by loconzo00: 3:33am On Apr 11, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

...whenever there is an argument I always draw the x,y axis and always meet at a point(trying to help one another). While helping others we ought to avoid stepping on other's nerve.I got motivated by the Cape- Verdans,Mexicans and the Brazilians immigrant;they dont only help themselves to secure A visa but also help in settling down (accommodation,work,transportation..)and that is why they are all over the place.The problem with some of us is Pride;trying to impress people with little or no information at hand,trying to gather allies rather than making friends.

Some also like to spark up conflicts by kissing people's A S S, this will take us no where,let us forget about the Pass and move from on.Let us learn to say "sorry" rather than playing pranks covering an old wound with with new cloths. I am just thinking..

You are damn right man. Even in UK that i know well, the so called "pakis" (Pakistanis, Indians etc)all help themselves in all the areas you mentioned above, but ours is to show off and ensure new comers do not overtake you come what may. Particularly if such new comer happens to have you as his/her host.
May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:26am On Apr 11, 2013
Allybert:

Thanks bro. I actually did a lil more research and I found out that the I-797C, Notice of Action is Issued to communicate receipt of payments, rejection of applications, transfer of files, fingerprint biometric, interview and re-scheduled appointments, and re-open cases. In our case it is receipt of payments and I hope that a decision is made concerning the payment as soon as possible so that they can reopen our case and process our GC before the September deadline.

I will check our status as soon as the letter gets here by Friday.............

One more thing, I and my wife applied for our Sola Sola last week Monday and my wife`s own arrived on Monday. Mine is yet to show up. I want to believe its a delay from the post office..... What do you think could have actually caused the delays?

That is in order,my wife's ss card came three weeks after mine,though we registered same day,I went back to make a complain,they said different officers work on each cases.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.