Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,812 members, 7,806,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Ways To Avoid Men? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ways To Avoid Men? (3178 Views)

When You Marry Your Landlord's Daughter Just To Avoid Rent(picture) / 3 Things To Avoid When Toasting A Girl / 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways To Avoid Men? by Gracious10: 12:29am On Sep 27, 2012
Often times men approach me, I try to be respectful,friendly and accommodating. They usually leave their phone numbers to contact them which I never call them. Sometimes they insist to have my number which I give them with hesitation and next thing I see are tons of calls a day which I ignore. Not that am being a snub, I really don't know what they want and refusing to give my number may be seen as being too forward (insinuating that they want r/ship with me) or mean depending on who's involved.

So my question is How's the best way to ignore/avoid men without being disrespectful and rude? I just got out of a r/ship and won't want to date anymore.

Thanks.
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by 190theclown: 12:37am On Sep 27, 2012
keep avoiding men and end up marrying yourself

You're not the first grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by Gracious10: 12:47am On Sep 27, 2012
grin you no serious. It's not a crime to quit trying when you have tried so much. Sometimes peace can be found by just staying a way.

190-the-clown:
keep avoiding men and end up marrying yourself

You're not the first grin grin grin
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by Mynd44: 12:55am On Sep 27, 2012
Its quite easy girl, dont give them your number. They will be persistent but as long as they will not steal it from your head, you will be in the safe. You can't continue to joke and laugh about iy but dont leave an avenue where they will be able to contact you.
And if you can't hold out for long, offer to give you e-mail address

1 Like

Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by Mynd44: 12:55am On Sep 27, 2012
Its quite easy girl, dont give them your number. They will be persistent but as long as they will not steal it from your head, you will be in the safe. You can't continue to joke and laugh about iy but dont leave an avenue where they will be able to contact you.
And if you can't hold out for long, offer to give your e-mail address
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by Gracious10: 1:01am On Sep 27, 2012
Mynd_44: Its quite easy girl, dont give them your number. They will be persistent but as long as they will not steal it from your head, you will be in the safe. You can't continue to joke and laugh about iy but dont leave an avenue where they will be able to contact you.
And if you can't hold out for long, offer to give you e-mail address

Thanks, great info especially the email address idea. Never thought of that.
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by Nobody: 1:04am On Sep 27, 2012
Tell them you have HIV.

1 Like

Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by 190theclown: 1:06am On Sep 27, 2012
Gracious10: grin you no serious. It's not a crime to quit trying when you have tried so much. Sometimes peace can be found by just staying a way.

BUT Come oh my sister - are you in anyway WOR-WOR this one you said they keep breaking your heart so
are you sure thats not the cause shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by Gracious10: 1:13am On Sep 27, 2012
omo_to_dun: Tell them you have HIV.

Rotflmao, I have tried that and yes it works.
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by Mynd44: 1:14am On Sep 27, 2012
Gracious10:

Thanks, great info especially the email address idea. Never thought of that.
You are welcome
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by Mynd44: 1:16am On Sep 27, 2012
omo_to_dun: Tell them you have HIV.
That will only lead to malicious lies being spread around about you. Bad thing
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by Mynd44: 1:18am On Sep 27, 2012
190-the-clown:

BUT Come oh my sister - are you in anyway WOR-WOR this one you said they keep breaking your heart so
are you sure thats not the cause shocked shocked shocked
you are sick
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by Gracious10: 1:41am On Sep 27, 2012
Mynd_44:
That will only lead to malicious lies being spread around about you. Bad thing

I know its an extreme thing to do but most people won't still leave u alone even if you say that
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by Mynd44: 1:44am On Sep 27, 2012
Gracious10:

I know its an extreme thing to do but most people won't still leave u alone even if you say that
Yeah some guys have realised that girls use that as a smoke screen

1 Like

Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by daisyella: 1:57am On Sep 27, 2012
Smh
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by DExplorer1: 2:09am On Sep 27, 2012
Gracious10:

Rotflmao, I have tried that and yes it works.
You haven't because i should've heard by now smiley
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by Gracious10: 2:29am On Sep 27, 2012
D-Explorer:

You haven't because i should've heard by now smiley

LOL! technically, I did. Told one I had a fractured pelvis from an accident, he never called me again neither did he bother to find.out if its true. So u see I did try it.
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by k2039: 2:30am On Sep 27, 2012
[size=18pt]If you dont feel comfortable, tell him to give you his number,then you can call at your convenience. or not at all...[/size]

1 Like

Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by Mynd44: 2:31am On Sep 27, 2012
Gracious10:

LOL! technically, I did. Told one I had a fractured pelvis from an accident, he never called me again neither did he bother to find.out if its true. So u see I did try it.
It might have worked but it will lead to those stories going around
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by Gracious10: 2:38am On Sep 27, 2012
Mynd_44:
It might have worked but it will lead to those stories going around

I know and understand what u mean. Well I will take ur advice. Thanks
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by DExplorer1: 2:40am On Sep 27, 2012
Gracious10:

Young woman, if it was me i'd hang on till i confirm grin Really defaming excuses isn't a option. You can disguise to be married or something. Things like that could spread and be ref you know.
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by Gracious10: 2:41am On Sep 27, 2012
k2039: [size=18pt]If you dont feel comfortable, tell him to give you his number,then you can call at your convenience. or not at all...[/size]

I have repeatedly done this, I have had a guy follow me about in a mall, I didn't have a choice than give him the number. Our nigerian men understands no as a yes and I really don't want to be unruly. Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it.
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by Gracious10: 2:43am On Sep 27, 2012
D-Explorer:

Young woman, if it was me i'd hang on till i confirm grin Really defaming excuses isn't a option. You can disguise to be married or something. Things like that could spread and be ref you know.

Oh, I wear wedding ring and it not working. grin
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by DExplorer1: 2:53am On Sep 27, 2012
Gracious10:

Oh, I wear wedding ring and it not working. grin
Ok! Try walking like an handicap grin
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by Gracious10: 2:56am On Sep 27, 2012
D-Explorer:

Ok! Try walking like an handicap grin

ROTFL...can't stop laughing
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by DExplorer1: 3:04am On Sep 27, 2012
Gracious10:

ROTFL...can't stop laughing
They will kindly make way for you to pass. Sure formula grin
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by Gracious10: 3:18am On Sep 27, 2012
D-Explorer:

They will kindly make way for you to pass. Sure formula grin

Well the entire thing bothered me but since you have made light of it, i will live each day as it comes. Thanks for ur help. cool
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by pleep(m): 3:26am On Sep 27, 2012
Be really mean, avoid eye contact etc... keep convo's short, say you are married.

Its not hard, i highly doubt this is a real problem for you.
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by Gracious10: 3:35am On Sep 27, 2012
pleep: Be really mean, avoid eye contact etc... keep convo's short, say you are married.

Its not hard, i highly doubt this is a real problem for you.

Its really a problem. I laugh cos thats the best pill to life. And yes, i have been meaner than you can fathom but i find out i get really offeneded in the process and am trying so much not to get angry over issues i can pleasantly take care of.

Thanks though.
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by abdi123: 5:23am On Sep 27, 2012
black girls are so pretty when i get married i want to marry a black women,, and iam somalian what do u ladies think off somali men
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by Mynd44: 6:27am On Sep 27, 2012
^^
I wonder what he is high on
Re: Ways To Avoid Men? by 190theclown: 8:03am On Sep 27, 2012
^hes probably drank some monkey tail undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Having Sex In Dream Affect One's Spiritual And Physical Life? / "Why Are You Still Single?" / Help: I Am Only Attracted To Rev. Sisters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.