Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,161 members, 7,953,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:49 PM

Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes (17396 Views)

American Pastor,Creflo Dollar Arrested For Stealing Church Funds To Buy Mansion / 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by ujukala: 9:07am On Sep 27, 2012
Did God ask you to 'rob' the bank before you can worship Him?
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Dee60: 9:09am On Sep 27, 2012
PeeDaVinci: doubting if efcc really has lawyers?
-does the argument of paying tithes with stolen money will help convict the man? so, why bring it up as an argument?
-catholics do not pay tithes, and so, saying he paid tithes to catholic churches is a flawed argument
-it is however a good information for nigerians to know he donated stolen money to churches so as to know the height of hypocrisy

You are right. They are creating sensation instead of going for the substance. well, by the way, has GEJ not donated a church built by someone who was a contractor to the FG? Shouldn't EFCC also pursue that case?
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 27, 2012
texazzpete:

nah, those are Catholic churches. Tithing is NOT mandatory there and unlike your average pentecostal church, the preaching doesn't usually focus on money, tithing and 'sowing seeds'.grin

Let me not start with you this morning pls, your so called "Roman catholic church" accepted stolen money for God knows what purpose and it has been exposed; you are here talking rubbish!
Do you even know the history of your church? Do you know that you are all idol worshpers? Do you know that Jesus Christ never used a rosary to pray, or bow down to any image? Yet you claim to walk in his steps. Christains indeed!
Go and do plastic surgery and remove the excess ijebu garri that is stuffed in that your akamu brain!
Retardeen!

4 Likes

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 27, 2012
The thread title is deceptive; He didn't give the money as tithe, it was a personal donation and people do it everyday based on their financial capabiity.

The mods should stop sensationalising titles: most of us here are not easily gullible.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by JahMan1: 9:11am On Sep 27, 2012
Title of this thread is wrong and anti-christian.
Atuche never called it a tithe and a church cannot query a man as big as MD/CEO of a bank why he is 'donating' N45m for a church project or support.
Those blaming the church should just reason intelligently.

I am off.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by KINGwax(m): 9:12am On Sep 27, 2012
texazzpete:

nah, those are Catholic churches. Tithing is NOT mandatory there and unlike your average pentecostal church, the preaching doesn't usually focus on money, tithing and 'sowing seeds'.

He probably sent that cash in as a donation to assuage his conscience. In Nigeria, tithing, sowing seeds and cash donations are often done by the corrupt folks to assuage their conscience as unconscious attempts to bribe God. I remember the most notorious 419 and 'yahoo' kingpins in school those days were among the most vigorous givers in church.

I remember 9ice hammering on the need to pay your tithe and proclaiming that he paid his tithes religiously in his song 'Little Money'. of course in the next track he resumed describing intimate parts of the female anatomy and Instruments...so make of that what you will grin
texaco abi what is your name? Why trying to exonerate your fellow accomplice in the clog of catholic churches? When a man donated 25mills and 10mills to a church and u didn't bother to flinch, or blink, then you're a thief! Is d man dangote or what? A man working, and being expected salaried donates such amount.
Guy, what's the difference you're trying to paint btw the catholics and others now? I jes won't undstnd!
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Chanchit: 9:15am On Sep 27, 2012
So this man that pays overtithe and me wei no dey pay, how would God judge us...?
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by takedat(m): 9:15am On Sep 27, 2012
Whether na tithe or donation,the bottom line is that he gave out such monies to the Churches involved.How convenient is it to exonerate those churches who bothered not to question the source or how legitimate such monies were before receiving them.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by tunapawizzy: 9:15am On Sep 27, 2012
m opening my church soon and i dont need y'all as members...i just need Otedola as my only member and his faithfulness to God in d aspect of tithe

1 Like

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by a1solution: 9:16am On Sep 27, 2012
instead of paying tithe why not use the money to help the less privileged.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by JahMan1: 9:16am On Sep 27, 2012
bbpreye:

Let me not start with you this morning pls, your so called "Roman catholic church" accepted stolen money for God knows what purpose and it has been exposed; you are here talking rubbish!
Do you even know the history of your church? Do you know that you are all idol worshpers? Do you know that Jesus Christ never used a rosary to pray, or bow down to any image? Yet you claim to walk in his steps. Christains indeed!
Go and do plastic surgery and remove the excess ijebu garri that is stuffed in that your akamu brain!
Retardeen!

If you are actually a born-again child of God(or what we now call pentecostal) then your response is very ungodly.Is that how you can teach him the way of Christ and win him over? I doubt if your answer will be YES.
The problem with Christianity is 'superiority complex' exhibited by some of us.I am not a catholic,nor a protestant.I am a child of God....Christian.
We should reduce such aggressiveness that other religion are known for if we intend to win souls for Christ.
God bless you.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by KINGwax(m): 9:16am On Sep 27, 2012
ogochukwunasa1:

Mr lexicographer, abeg park for one side make i see road. D post is a joke, so enjoy d fun
i biliv u have a lawyer. Sue me na
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by neneo(m): 9:18am On Sep 27, 2012
(musKeeto: There's a thin line between the church and politics in Nigeria: that thin line is the stupidity of the masses...)

Gbam!....supported 100%
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Alaafialoro(m): 9:18am On Sep 27, 2012
la cosa nostra: can u people church it makes u people make funny comment,u guys should find out d defination of tithe,that said,9ja people donu ask questions or am i ignorant, a bank manager cant afford such money in tithe d church would hv asked questions.
Do pastors need to know who is paying tithe and who is not? Many churches do not request for payer‘s identity,so in that case ,how will they know he is the payer?
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 27, 2012
bbpreye:

Retardeen!
and how did you expect the catholic church to know if the money was stolen? Again,if you don't know anything about the catholic church you better STFU! Don't start a christian/interdenominational fight in this thread! Face the topic and leave the catholic church out of this!

2 Likes

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by revomind(m): 9:24am On Sep 27, 2012
Pastor Kun:

. Besides, he referred to Section 38, sub-section 1 of the EFCC Establishment Act which grants the EFCC power to seek and receive information from anybody.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/news-page/efcc-former-phb-boss-atuche-used-stolen-funds-pay-n45m-church-tithes

What's the EFCC trying to achieve here? That section 38(1) of the Efcc establishment act surely doesn't give any basis to gain information from the accused's counsel! That evidence is surely not admissible as long as there are correspondences between the accused and his counsel there.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Odinaka00(m): 9:24am On Sep 27, 2012
KINGwax: so if u cross your supposedly thin line which is the stupidity of the masses then you're where? Politics? Church?
How's does ds make sense to u? The reason 'thin line' is used is because it's fragile and u might not even knw when u cross it. Not because idiottas like u can make the 'thin line' the subject of your insipid, and vapid assertions!

Guy U̶̲̥̅̊ wicked o
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 27, 2012
You will not see any hidden post here but if its all about muslims now, you will see seun and his apprentice hiding posts.
To think is saharumour they might just be assuming

3 Likes

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 27, 2012
WAT
Tithes indeed!
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by KINGwax(m): 9:30am On Sep 27, 2012
Alaafia l‘oro:

Do pastors need to know who is paying tithe and who is not? Many churches do not request for payer‘s identity,so in that case ,how will they know he is the payer?
are u sure? Someone wired 25mills and u won't even pay the private investigator to knw who did it? Seriously, if not for a pure heart, but in order to see another gesture you'll pretend u want to knw the sender in order send a letter of appreciation!

1 Like

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by takedat(m): 9:31am On Sep 27, 2012
If this post had read "Ex bank boss used 45million stolen funds as Mosque donation",people would be quick to hang Islam and Muslims but now that the opposite is the case we start to make excuses.Silly bunch of hypocrites always making excuses for religion.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by nextor(m): 9:32am On Sep 27, 2012
If any banker told you he or she paid tithes with such amout of cash is not true ,even if, hw can Church refund tithes ? Can any body reurn life back to the giver? They should forget thy N45m and put more effort to recover more frm him,b4 one can use such cash for tithes that's means he ve Billions somewhere ,
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by FLYFIRE(m): 9:35am On Sep 27, 2012
musKeeto: There's a thin line between the church and politics in Nigeria: that thin line is the stupidity of the masses...

@musKeeto, good talk but thank God they dont sponsor terrorism like the moslims
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 27, 2012
berem: and how did you expect the catholic church to know if the money was stolen? Again,if you don't know anything about the catholic church you better STFU! Don't start a christian/interdenominational fight in this thread! Face the topic and leave the catholic church out of this!

Th idioot started the stupidityy, go and read his comment and see how he tried to rubbish the other churches apart from his so called "roman catholic church"
I know a lot about the history of the catholic church, and the painful truth about them is that they "bow down to idols" and they see themselves as the only church in the world!
Rubbish!

I can tell you your history, tell u about your madonna and child picture, tell u so many things you don't know cos ur an ignorant discombobulated dullard!

Eat more ijebu garri so u'll have sense!
Unfiofiok!

2 Likes

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 27, 2012
FLYFIRE:

@musKeeto, good talk but thank God they dont sponsor terrorism like the moslims
yeah, they divert it to better purposes like settling out of court when the Christian fathers/papas rape small boys and slap young girls...

thats much better than terrorism... the young boys arses will be healed in the name of Jesus....
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by JahMan1: 9:43am On Sep 27, 2012
take dat: Whether na tithe or donation,the bottom line is that he gave out such monies to the Churches involved.How convenient is it to exonerate those churches who bothered not to question the source or how legitimate such monies were before receiving them.

You mean the church should ask MD of a bank how he got N45m? You are either just trying to be difficult or probably unaware of people's pay package.
Some 5-6 years ago when we were paid profit share of close to a million in my bank at the junior levels,some folks were complaining that our mates in PHB were getting twice that amount.
Imagine if an officer was paid N2m,how much will an exec or say MD get(our execs/MD got like N50m/N70m).So bros,N45m isn't a big thing for an MD who eventually is a part owner of the bank.
Let EFCC talk about the crime he committed and not drag a church into it. Soon they will find out that he transferred N10m to a concubine...ridiculous!
May justice be done.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by gbadexy(m): 9:44am On Sep 27, 2012
Omo Alata:

The churches should do the right thing and give the money back wink

For where?
Did the church refund erastus' own? I can also remember one dude that stole money from a hotel he worked and gave to oyakhilome, very popular case then, when the dude was caught and said he sowed seed abi na tithe with the money at chris' church, my guy no still gree refund the haram money.
Does God like dirty money? Or do those ebinas forward the money to God's personal account.
If people were to read the religious books objectively and not some twisted interpretation the pastors give at their whim for different situation, I think people would draw their conclusion and know the true path to salvation.

1 Like

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 27, 2012
gboss4sure: You will not see any hidden post here but if its all about muslims now, you will see seun and his apprentice hiding posts.
To think is saharumour they might just be assuming
that is why am warning bbpreye not to start any christian fight! But I can see my advice fell on deaf ears. He is bent on spewing trash about the catholic church.some peeps are just born silly I swear!

1 Like

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by ProfDarkman(m): 9:48am On Sep 27, 2012
Don't be surprise that some committees and members of the churches might not have the knowledge of the said tithe or donation.The pastors and some inner most committees must have shared the money without using it for church project.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 27, 2012
Blessed Bretren and Sistren,join us in fellowship at St Kamanda Church.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by sayitout1: 9:54am On Sep 27, 2012
stagger: Tithes are paid to where an individual worships. SO if Atuche is not a worshipper in those churches, then what he gave cannot be called tithes, but rather donations.

Having cleared this up, it is very wrong for an individual to use money made from illegal means to give to the church in any form, be it tithes, offerings, donations, etc. The truth is that even if the money is accepted by the church, it can never be accepted by God and there will always be repercussions.

NO INDIVIDUAL CAN BRIBE GOD, otherwise the rich will buy favours from God at the expense of the poor, which can never happen. Is Atuche enjoying his life now? Has the money he allegedly gave out to the 2 churches bailed him out of his predicament?

...well said.

''See pot calling kettle black''

without proper investigations, EFCC has concluded that the money was used to pay tithe.

Do Catholics believe, preach or pay tithe? No

Can someone divide and pay tithe in two churches? No.

The man donated the money for one reason or the other; and for your info, if it was gotten wrongly and was used by the church without knowing that would not change the mind of God for him. But if the leaders of the church are genuiely part of it, God takes His hands off and they'll have to face the consequences.

At the man's level and calibre, is it the duty of the church to investigate how he got the money?

People should not link a man's crime to a church except if detailed investigation proofs it was an arrangement between the man and some people in the church.

...be wise in your comments cos every word you speak is a seed sown to your life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

American Pastor,Creflo Dollar Arrested For Stealing Church Funds To Buy Mansion / Ramadan: Election Riggers, Kidnappers, Yahoo Boys Fasting In Vain, Say Clerics / How To Know The Man Who Is Not Serving God Anywhere In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.