Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes (17213 Views)

American Pastor,Creflo Dollar Arrested For Stealing Church Funds To Buy Mansion / 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 27, 2012
And so?

Do you pay tax to government and later go back for your money because you overpaid or sourced the money illegally

Give to Ceasar what is Ceasar's and to God what is God's.

EFCC should come up with a better accusation to nail him b4 i inquire about the price of Garriandbeans.

1 Like

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by kaytytty: 12:05pm On Sep 27, 2012
pls no1 shuld blame father Atuche it was d devil's work
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by killuminati(m): 12:06pm On Sep 27, 2012
bbpreye:

Let me not start with you this morning pls, your so called "Roman catholic church" accepted stolen money for God knows what purpose and it has been exposed; you are here talking rubbish!
Do you even know the history of your church? Do you know that you are all idol worshpers? Do you know that Jesus Christ never used a rosary to pray, or bow down to any image? Yet you claim to walk in his steps. Christains indeed!
Go and do plastic surgery and remove the excess ijebu garri that is stuffed in that your akamu brain!
Retardeen!
GODAMN! I laff so tey the egbo wey I dey smoke choke me down the membrane of my main brain

Interesting, I don't there's a hatred between christians and christians.... Aiyo, keep it coming... Expose yourselves, I'm enjoying the ride with a cup full of GARRI mixed with epa, hollandia milk and a chill warra...
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 27, 2012
Whymee: Just a reminder to EFCC
Tithes is 10% of your income.
He should be arrange for N450 m.
Not N45m.

Just thinking....
weLl said.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 27, 2012
killuminati: Ayam not fvcking surprise! undecided No!!!

What else do u expect from the religion of PissAndShit? undecided

Deceptions, lies, propagandas, extortions, and many more... Don't even be surprise if the pastor and the guy plan this to thief money....

I RESERVE MY COMMENT FOR GARRI NOW undecided

MADCOW disease at work.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by DeGenius3(m): 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2012
Danka7777: Engr. Francis Atuche, a product of first class honors in the league of Charles Soludo and many others, an engineer turned Banker. He wasted no time putting his brilliance and engineering acumen to work

laugh wan kill me.

he's an expert at that!
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by oluMyderz(m): 12:27pm On Sep 27, 2012
ALAREDE: Reading all the treads and comments above as regards church, one could say this is the beauty of Xtianity. If it were to be some religion, i can assure you that riot would have broke out on the street of Lagos by now. A big lesson to all of us
Beauty?? diz 1 no well o
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 27, 2012
Once am retired, God has to call me. If God doesnt call me, I will call myself into Ministry. There is too much money in ministering!

1 Like

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by texazzpete(m): 1:33pm On Sep 27, 2012
Prof. Darkman:
Don't be surprise to hear that some of the committees and members of the churches were not aware of the tithe of donation.The pastors and the inner most committees must have shared the money within themselves.

There are no 'Pastors' in the Catholic church you dolt!
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Ishilove: 1:41pm On Sep 27, 2012
stagger: Tithes are paid to where an individual worships. SO if Atuche is not a worshipper in those churches, then what he gave cannot be called tithes, but rather donations.

Having cleared this up, it is very wrong for an individual to use money made from illegal means to give to the church in any form, be it tithes, offerings, donations, etc. The truth is that even if the money is accepted by the church, it can never be accepted by God and there will always be repercussions.

NO INDIVIDUAL CAN BRIBE GOD, otherwise the rich will buy favours from God at the expense of the poor, which can never happen. Is Atuche enjoying his life now? Has the money he allegedly gave out to the 2 churches bailed him out of his predicament?
Exactly what I was thinking. It seems like he was trying to buy God's mercy by making donations to those churches.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Ishilove: 1:48pm On Sep 27, 2012
texazzpete:

nah, those are Catholic churches. Tithing is NOT mandatory there and unlike your average pentecostal church, the preaching doesn't usually focus on money, tithing and 'sowing seeds'.

He probably sent that cash in as a donation to assuage his conscience. In Nigeria, tithing, sowing seeds and cash donations are often done by the corrupt folks to assuage their conscience as unconscious attempts to bribe God. I remember the most notorious 419 and 'yahoo' kingpins in school those days were among the most vigorous givers in church.

I remember 9ice hammering on the need to pay your tithe and proclaiming that he paid his tithes religiously in his song 'Little Money'. of course in the next track he resumed describing intimate parts of the female anatomy and Instruments...so make of that what you will grin
Posts like these are one of the reasons i am following you grin

1 Like

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Ishilove: 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2012
bbpreye:

Th idioot started the stupidityy, go and read his comment and see how he tried to rubbish the other churches apart from his so called "roman catholic church"
I know a lot about the history of the catholic church, and the painful truth about them is that they "bow down to idols" and they see themselves as the only church in the world!
Rubbish!

I can tell you your history, tell u about your madonna and child picture, tell u so many things you don't know cos ur an ignorant discombobulated dullard!

Eat more ijebu garri so u'll have sense!
Unfiofiok!
Presido!!!!!! grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 27, 2012
texazzpete:

There are no 'Pastors' in the Catholic church you dolt!

Lolz. grin
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Ishilove: 2:06pm On Sep 27, 2012
texazzpete:

See this thrice accursed m0r0n! How much do you think a Nigerian bank MD earns as official salary that a Church should start getting alarmed for receiving 15 million naira donation?

If your parents did not send you to a good enough school for you to learn how to understand written English, how is it my fault? How does the church need to be 'exonerated' when there is no single SHRED of evidence that the church either requested for the funds from him or incited him to steal the money?

All i said was that the use of the word 'tithe' may not be strictly correct...and to correct the impression that the church incited him to steal the money.

Imbecilic dolt!
shocked shocked
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by mko2005: 2:10pm On Sep 27, 2012
stagger: Tithes are paid to where an individual worships. SO if Atuche is not a worshipper in those churches, then what he gave cannot be called tithes, but rather donations.

Having cleared this up, it is very wrong for an individual to use money made from illegal means to give to the church in any form, be it tithes, offerings, donations, etc. The truth is that even if the money is accepted by the church, it can never be accepted by God and there will always be repercussions.

NO INDIVIDUAL CAN BRIBE GOD, otherwise the rich will buy favours from God at the expense of the poor, which can never happen. Is Atuche enjoying his life now? Has the money he allegedly gave out to the 2 churches bailed him out of his predicament?
What a reasonable piece !
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by mbulela: 2:42pm On Sep 27, 2012
he worked hard for the cash. it was not stolen. Dude was a self made billionaire.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Cityguy: 2:48pm On Sep 27, 2012
Guess it is safe hia o. If na to put mouth, i go do o. At least i know say nobody go dey threaten to bomb or kill me in this one. Hehehehe..... wait o, e be like say i hear something for my backyard
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by occam(m): 2:52pm On Sep 27, 2012
thelastPope:

He definitely isn't born again. He probably is what we call church goers. The new breed of Christians. That is why I don't like to call myself a Christian. God or Jesus or the disciples never used the word. It was used by unbelievers in Jesus. Now the word is used to describe anyone who attends a church on a sunday or anyone who is born in the western world.

Having said that, I am irritated by some folks saying it isn't tithe. What does that matter? Whether the EFCC call it tithe or sensationalise it, does that justify it? The man gave stolen money. That is an abomination to God. God is not hungry to be looking for money by all means. It is an insult to God. If it is established, the money should be returned. Whether it is Catholic or Redeemed or Christ embassy makes no difference. That is irrelevant. The mere idea of men trying to bribe God is just ridiculous. Get this abomination out of God's house!

Imagine some even saying at least it is for a good cause. Which good cause? Saul tried it in the bible and Samuel stripped him of his throne at God's command. "To obey is better than sacrifice and to hearken than the fat of rams". Stop paying or giving or donating your corrupt money to God! God doesn't need it. You are insulting God and the name of Jesus! Stop it now!

Get that abomination out of God's house and repent.

Mark 8
36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? 37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Psalm 50
5 “Bring my faithful people to me—
those who made a covenant with me by giving sacrifices.” 6 Then let the heavens proclaim his justice,
for God himself will be the judge.
Interlude 7 “O my people, listen as I speak.
Here are my charges against you, O Israel:
I am God, your God! 8 I have no complaint about your sacrifices
or the burnt offerings you constantly offer. 9 But I do not need the bulls from your barns
or the goats from your pens. 10 For all the animals of the forest are mine,
and I own the cattle on a thousand hills. 11 I know every bird on the mountains,
and all the animals of the field are mine. 12 If I were hungry, I would not tell you,
for all the world is mine and everything in it. 13 Do I eat the meat of bulls?
Do I drink the blood of goats? 14 Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God,
and keep the vows you made to the Most High. 15 Then call on me when you are in trouble,
and I will rescue you,
and you will give me glory.” 16 But God says to the wicked:
“Why bother reciting my decrees
and pretending to obey my covenant? 17 For you refuse my discipline
and treat my words like trash. 18 When you see thieves, you approve of them,
and you spend your time with adulterers. 19 Your mouth is filled with wickedness,
and your tongue is full of lies. 20 You sit around and slander your brother—
your own mother’s son. 21 While you did all this, I remained silent,
and you thought I didn’t care.
But now I will rebuke you,
listing all my charges against you. 22 Repent, all of you who forget me,
or I will tear you apart,
and no one will help you. 23 But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me.
If you keep to my path,
I will reveal to you the salvation of God.”

You failed to mention that Churches should stop collecting this kind of money. Churches solicit for donation to different causes. And that's ok. Nigerian churches turn a blind eye knowing and do not question the source of wealth. How can a Bank executive make a personal donation of N45 million and people simply accept. Churches are therefore equally complicit in this sinful act by not rejecting this donation.

This is a common practice in Nigeria and we are only hearing about this because the guy is under EFCC investigation and he left a paper trail (i.e. the cheque)
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Deiok(m): 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2012
Hmmm... This people must be out of their mind,
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by dorox(m): 3:12pm On Sep 27, 2012
okpara ugo: And so?

Do you pay tax to government and later go back for your money because you overpaid or sourced the money illegally

Give to Ceasar what is Ceasar's and to God what is God's.

EFCC should come up with a better accusation to nail him b4 i inquire about the price of Garriandbeans.
If you can prove that you overpaid tax, yes you can make claim for tax refund.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by mko2005: 3:14pm On Sep 27, 2012
la cosa nostra: can u people leave church alone it makes u people make funny comment,u guys should find out d defination of tithe,that said,9ja people dont ask questions or am i ignorant, a bank manager cant afford such money in tithe d church would hv asked questions.
No the church will not ask any question o. Like in my church,you put ur tithe in an envelop written 'TITHE' and you go forward to drop it.You can decide to be dropping ur thousands of dollars,who will come out to ask who dropped this thousands in dollars ? We pray for financial partners in the church and God answers !What awaits EVERY thief is eternal damnation if he doesn't repent before death.He can still receive his reward here on earth by the time he/she get's caught up with the law !

When huge amounts in the form of tithes,pledges,donations or seeds in any form start to roll in and the pastor in a local assembly observes this,There is nothing wrong if he tries to find out the donors and ask them some questions.If he doesn't do it,he has got no blames also becos during church weekly activities and Sunday services,preaching and teachings go out regarding the FATE of any kind of thief,ill gotten wealth or wealth gotten in an usury manner ! I am not sure there are 'MEN OF GOD' I mean the true men of God who will admonish or instruct members to go still from people or their companies in a bid to pay their tithes,NO ! People willingly want to pay their tithes mostly becos they believe when you do,you get blessed the more.Some also try to pay becos they feel guilty,believing that when they don't,they loose their touch with the 'man of God'and also the 'protective prayers' they get from him.Some see it that by the time you dnt pay, that what ever you do for God is incomplete.PEOPLE DON'T NECESSARILY PAY TITHE TO GO TO HEAVEN !
Another point here specifically for those who will understand it: 'those who do not know God,they stock up wealth for those who belive and any how either by omission or commission,they will get the wealth across to the BELIEVER who knows how to use these wealth for kingdom purpose''So if you are out there and do not believe in God,you are working in vain !For sure you will work and receive reward for ur hard work but what happens next ? Mr Francis ATUCHE Ex-BPH boss,worked in vain !
Shalom
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by kheart(m): 3:15pm On Sep 27, 2012
Dee60: I am no fan of Atuche or others but I think EFCC is missing something out. There are several thiefing bank MDs and executives that are being honoured with national garlands while they have just picked a few, Ibru, Akingbola and Atuche to hound and hound. It is nonsense.

I hope that at the end of the day EFCC would not have executed the Sanusi agenda of hounding and crippling a few perceived enemies, while several others with even greater infractions are walking about town with shoulders raised, and even being honoured here and there.
mr usher i hail thee, wat s ur percentile?
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by stepo707: 3:25pm On Sep 27, 2012
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by mko2005: 3:47pm On Sep 27, 2012
a1solution: instead of paying tithe why not use the money to help the less privileged.
Tithe money and money for less privileged na two different things !
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by mko2005: 3:57pm On Sep 27, 2012
Please just to clear up something. This man Atuche Francis,did some thing bad any how you look at it.In the eyes of God,pastors/priests and man in general.But it's not an issue the church,mosque he attends.If you care to know the church he attends,then i can confidently tell you that he attends CHURCH OF ASSUMPTION FALOMO.Go and verify but that's not the issue,cos i hear people saying he is a catholic,he is not a catholic.
If he stole,he sinned ! if he stole,he went against the laws of the land and must dance to the music.
Shalom
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by mko2005: 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2012
Ishilove:
Posts like these are one of the reasons i am following you grin
Please just to clear up something. This man Atuche Francis,did some thing bad any how you look at it.In the eyes of God,pastors/priests and man in general.But it's not an issue the church,mosque he attends.If you care to know the church he attends,then i can confidently tell you that he attends CHURCH OF ASSUMPTION FALOMO.Go and verify but that's not the issue,cos i hear people saying he is a catholic,he is not a catholic.
If he stole,he sinned ! if he stole,he went against the laws of the land and must dance to the music.
Shalom
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by armadeo(m): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2012
KINGwax: are u sure? Someone wired 25mills and u won't even pay the private investigator to knw who did it? Seriously, if not for a pure heart, but in order to see another gesture you'll pretend u want to knw the sender in order send a letter of appreciation!

Thank u for logical reasoning. And may I add that the money most likely was thru a cheque or bank draft(cashless society) grin ;,D, those usually carry donors name...

1 Like

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by mko2005: 3:59pm On Sep 27, 2012
ujchief:
if it had been a certain christ embassy or winners chapel pastor that accepted this 'tithe', all hell would have been let loose here on Nl, cases of private jets would hav been cited. Now its the catholic church, u had to come up with that response. Smh!
@topic: how come the lawyer sumarised that the money sent to the church was for tithe and not for donation, seed, or even a building project? How did he reach that irelevant conclusion?
Its stil wrong to use public fund for any personal project or church whatever, b'cos men cant bribe God, but that lawyer is an a.r.s.e.h.o.l.e.
Shalom
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by armadeo(m): 4:02pm On Sep 27, 2012
Jah Man:

You mean the church should ask MD of a bank how he got N45m? You are either just trying to be difficult or probably unaware of people's pay package.
Some 5-6 years ago when we were paid profit share of close to a million in my bank at the junior levels,some folks were complaining that our mates in PHB were getting twice that amount.
Imagine if an officer was paid N2m,how much will an exec or say MD get(our execs/MD got like N50m/N70m).So bros,N45m isn't a big thing for an MD who eventually is a part owner of the bank.
Let EFCC talk about the crime he committed and not drag a church into it. Soon they will find out that he transferred N10m to a concubine...ridiculous!
May justice be done.

That was 5 6 yrs ago when banks still used abracadabra to solve equations instead of bodmas. After hurricane sanusi has any of u ever received such bonus. Park well jor. The guy na better ole.

1 Like

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by mko2005: 4:03pm On Sep 27, 2012
sayit_out1:

...well said.

''See pot calling kettle black''

without proper investigations, EFCC has concluded that the money was used to pay tithe.

Do Catholics believe, preach or pay tithe? No

Can someone divide and pay tithe in two churches? No.

The man donated the money for one reason or the other; and for your info, if it was gotten wrongly and was used by the church without knowing that would not change the mind of God for him. But if the leaders of the church are genuiely part of it, God takes His hands off and they'll have to face the consequences.

At the man's level and calibre, is it the duty of the church to investigate how he got the money?

People should not link a man's crime to a church except if detailed investigation proofs it was an arrangement between the man and some people in the church.

...be wise in your comments cos every word you speak is a seed sown to your life.
Shalom
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by studM(m): 4:07pm On Sep 27, 2012
thelastPope:

He definitely isn't born again. He probably is what we call church goers. The new breed of Christians. That is why I don't like to call myself a Christian. God or Jesus or the disciples never used the word. It was used by unbelievers in Jesus. Now the word is used to describe anyone who attends a church on a sunday or anyone who is born in the western world.

Having said that, I am irritated by some folks saying it isn't tithe. What does that matter? Whether the EFCC call it tithe or sensationalise it, does that justify it? The man gave stolen money. That is an abomination to God. God is not hungry to be looking for money by all means. It is an insult to God. If it is established, the money should be returned. Whether it is Catholic or Redeemed or Christ embassy makes no difference. That is irrelevant. The mere idea of men trying to bribe God is just ridiculous. Get this abomination out of God's house!

Imagine some even saying at least it is for a good cause. Which good cause? Saul tried it in the bible and Samuel stripped him of his throne at God's command. "To obey is better than sacrifice and to hearken than the fat of rams". Stop paying or giving or donating your corrupt money to God! God doesn't need it. You are insulting God and the name of Jesus! Stop it now!

Get that abomination out of God's house and repent.

Mark 8
36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? 37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Psalm 50
5 “Bring my faithful people to me—
those who made a covenant with me by giving sacrifices.” 6 Then let the heavens proclaim his justice,
for God himself will be the judge.
Interlude 7 “O my people, listen as I speak.
Here are my charges against you, O Israel:
I am God, your God! 8 I have no complaint about your sacrifices
or the burnt offerings you constantly offer. 9 But I do not need the bulls from your barns
or the goats from your pens. 10 For all the animals of the forest are mine,
and I own the cattle on a thousand hills. 11 I know every bird on the mountains,
and all the animals of the field are mine. 12 If I were hungry, I would not tell you,
for all the world is mine and everything in it. 13 Do I eat the meat of bulls?
Do I drink the blood of goats? 14 Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God,
and keep the vows you made to the Most High. 15 Then call on me when you are in trouble,
and I will rescue you,
and you will give me glory.” 16 But God says to the wicked:
“Why bother reciting my decrees
and pretending to obey my covenant? 17 For you refuse my discipline
and treat my words like trash. 18 When you see thieves, you approve of them,
and you spend your time with adulterers. 19 Your mouth is filled with wickedness,
and your tongue is full of lies. 20 You sit around and slander your brother—
your own mother’s son. 21 While you did all this, I remained silent,
and you thought I didn’t care.
But now I will rebuke you,
listing all my charges against you. 22 Repent, all of you who forget me,
or I will tear you apart,
and no one will help you. 23 But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me.
If you keep to my path,
I will reveal to you the salvation of God.”

what u just said about the word "christian" is not true,go and read d book of ACT,that was were d word originated from(antioch precisely)
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by PastorKun(m): 4:31pm On Sep 27, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Shalom

Bros stop spreading false information, Church of assumption at falomo is a CATHOLIC church. You should learn to get your facts right before spamming NL with false info.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shiloh 2017: Day 1, Opening Service / Can I Listen To Secular Music/clubbing And Still Be A Devoted Christian? / Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.