Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,406 members, 7,864,793 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:00 AM

Father's Plan To Offer Nearly £40 Million To Any Man Who Can Marry Her.*pic* - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Father's Plan To Offer Nearly £40 Million To Any Man Who Can Marry Her.*pic* (1652 Views)

8 Things Ladies Need To Fix Before A Responsible Man Can Marry Them / Meet The Kano Lady Who Promised To Buy Car & House For Any Man Who Marries Her / TEST: Marry Her If She Can Eat This With You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Father's Plan To Offer Nearly £40 Million To Any Man Who Can Marry Her.*pic* by dotna(m): 12:09pm On Sep 27, 2012
Hong Kong billionaire's gay daughter laughs off £40 million bounty
The gay daughter of one of the richest men in Hong Kong has laughed off her father's plan to offer nearly £40 million to any man who can charm her into a heterosexual marriage. Gigi Chao, 33, said she thought the HKD500 million (£39.8 million) offer was "quite entertaining". She told the South China Morning Post: "He [her father] has an interesting interpretation of me."

Asked if her father was upset at her reported civil partnership with her partner of seven years, Sean Eav, she said: "He loves the attention".

But she declined to confirm if she wed in France on April 4, or if she was gay, simply saying: "I'm not afraid to admit anything. But I do want to respect my parents.

"Sometimes people just refuse to accept what they are told. Let time be the witness," she added.

Her father, 76-year-old Sze-tsung Chao, made his fortune in shipping and property, and claims to have had some 10,000 girlfriends.
Related Articles

Billionaire offers £40m marriage bounty for gay daughter
26 Sep 2012

Hong Kong tycoon forces Catholic Church to apologise after 'devil' comment
21 Nov 2010

Asian property tycoon heir to pay £95 million to ex-wife
02 Dec 2011

He said that his daughter was still single, and eligible, and insisted he would not force her into marriage with an unsuitable groom.

He said his offer was "an inducement to attract someone who has the talent but not the capital to start his own business".

"I do not mind whether he is rich or poor. The important thing is that he is generous and kind-hearted. Gigi is a very good woman with both talents and looks. She is devoted to her parents, is generous and does volunteer work," he told the SCMP.

As news of her father's offer went viral, Ms Chao was deluged with attempts at courtship over social media.

"I would like to announce that I suddenly received a whole bunch of followers on my twitter account which I never use," she posted on her Facebook page. Followed shortly by: "No longer accepting Facebook friend requests - sorry" Some admirers, meanwhile, have left comments on the bottom of an interview she gave to HK Magazine in 2007.

"Allow me to show wat can bring u happiness that is everlasting [sic]," wrote "Brings Kelvin", the "General Manager at Doctororak International Limited".

"Hi Gigi Chao I desire to marry you if I married you I was in vendiin your will find happiness by ndimuar people in the world on this team with you, and there you can find your happiness [sic]," offered Sazan Gusha, a "friend" from Albania.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/hongkong/9570045/Hong-Kong-billionaires-gay-daughter-laughs-off-40-million-bounty.html

Re: Father's Plan To Offer Nearly £40 Million To Any Man Who Can Marry Her.*pic* by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 27, 2012
THAT ONE NA SMALL THING
Re: Father's Plan To Offer Nearly £40 Million To Any Man Who Can Marry Her.*pic* by Chanchit: 12:20pm On Sep 27, 2012
Abeg I need to see this lady asap, all I need na those touch and follow ring wei aboki dey sell for 150 naira.
Re: Father's Plan To Offer Nearly £40 Million To Any Man Who Can Marry Her.*pic* by Chanchit: 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2012
I don't knw why mods won't put this news on FP, I've heard it on radio and TV, abi mods no want make NLders try their luck..?
Re: Father's Plan To Offer Nearly £40 Million To Any Man Who Can Marry Her.*pic* by ifyalways(f): 6:59pm On Sep 27, 2012
Chanchit: I don't knw why mods won't put this news on FP, I've heard it on radio and TV, abi mods no want make NLders try their luck..?
how dem go put am for FP when Seun and all the male mods are applicants for same thing ?

Putting it on FP would eliminate their chances at success.When peeps like Dayo,Sagamite,Mbj and co applies,which chance does Seun with his mukina-ed lips stand ? cheesy
Re: Father's Plan To Offer Nearly £40 Million To Any Man Who Can Marry Her.*pic* by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 27, 2012
Chanchit: I don't knw why mods won't put this news on FP, I've heard it on radio and TV, abi mods no want make NLders try their luck..?

lol. . .

If dem like make them put am for back page.. It won't change NADA!!

You wan win the heart of chinko..? hahaha grin grin you try ..
wetin u wan use self? gar ri ? ?
Re: Father's Plan To Offer Nearly £40 Million To Any Man Who Can Marry Her.*pic* by lagcity(m): 5:49am On Sep 28, 2012
this rich man is wasting his time. instead of marriage, he shld look for a man who will impregnate the lesbo chic so that he can have grandkids. as for the lesbo daughter, she is disposable once she gives birth. lipsrsealed she shld live her life in peace afterwards.
Re: Father's Plan To Offer Nearly £40 Million To Any Man Who Can Marry Her.*pic* by Ranoscky(m): 6:42am On Sep 28, 2012
ifyalways:
how dem go put am for FP when Seun and all the male mods are applicants for same thing ?

Putting it on FP would eliminate their chances at success.When peeps like Dayo,Sagamite,Mbj and co applies,which chance does Seun with his mukina-ed lips stand ? cheesy
Looool... True talk jare!
Re: Father's Plan To Offer Nearly £40 Million To Any Man Who Can Marry Her.*pic* by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 28, 2012

(1)

At What Stage In A Relationship Should A Woman Lend Money To Her Man? / Why Are Ladies Blamed For Being Pregnant? / GUYS!! Can U Date A Girl For 2 Months Without Her Coming To Your House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.