Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,472 members, 7,819,719 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments (74745 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Seun(m): 12:02pm On Apr 24, 2005
From the National Standard magazine:
"The humility and success of the founder of Christ Embassy is simply phenomenal. In a few years, the ministry has grown from a campus fellowship of a few hundreds to an international ministry making world-wide impact. And in nearly every country of the world, the gospel according to Pastor Chris is spreading fast.

"Oyakhilome talks about Jesus and the Holy Spirit as though they live together. Handsome and debonair, he delivers the message of the one he said sent him with a passion. In Nigeria his name has become synonymous with miracle healing. And when he talks about prosperity, he really is unapologetic. Hear him “I will never be broke in my life”.

"Since the debut of its TV programme in 1996, the ministry has remained on the cutting edge, pioneering new ways of doing things in the industry, that has become the envy of long established television stations. It has the largest Christian television network in Africa, and with its recently launched satellite station is reaching out to about a quarter of the world's population.

"Aside miracle healing, Oyakhilome is also many things to different people. To some, he is controversial and to others, he is mysterious. And the man of God doesn't help matters as he has consistently refused to grant press interviews. He would rather talk about the Christ he seeks to introduce than Pastor Chris. Last week, National Standard in line with our avowed commitment to letting you hear from notable Nigerians got Pastor Chris to talk. He spoke with Editor-in-Chief, Ambrose Isesele. We serve you the first of a two part series. You will be glad to read this."

After at least 45 minutes of work on reformatting the interview and trying to post it here, my browser crashed and I lost all the work. So I'm just going to link to the Interview.

Click Here to Read the Interview from the Christ Embassy website.
If you want to print it out, there's also a zipped PDF version.

What do you think about Pastor Oyhakilome's ministry, miracles, and general conduct during this interview?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Greatpeter(m): 3:47pm On May 19, 2005
As for me Pastor Chris is remains a controversial Pastor till tomorrow following his romance with ths so called "Pastor T.B Joshua".
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by hotangel2(f): 9:28am On Jun 25, 2005
I like him. But he needs to use his powers to turn 9ja up-side-down. he should pray and make 9ja like USA. He can do it. he should do it. Nigerian needs to change. has he ever thought of changing the country people live in instead of changing the people in it. If he changes the people, how sure is he that the country won't spoil them again. He needs to do something
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Motee(f): 4:52pm On Jul 05, 2005
I enjoy watching his programme on TV. On the other references and even for some of them also.....GOD KNOWS ALL.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Greatpeter(m): 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2005
Hot angel,
Are you saying "Oyak" should use his power to turn Nigeria upside down or vice versa?
Is that typographical error or "fingergraphical error"? grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by hotangel2(f): 6:22pm On Jul 06, 2005
Peter i know what i mean. Right now Nigeria is bad, if he turns it upside down, the opposite of bad will come. which is good.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by pkrix(m): 3:41pm On Jul 08, 2005
@ Hot-angel. You have not spoken wisely. To change a nation require a change of its people not the country itself. But I guess you only intend o sound funny.
(No offence intended)

Pastor Chris is the man.

My name sake you know. Nobody dares to speak against him or I will unleash .............................

Bye.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Jesimiel(m): 4:23pm On Jul 08, 2005
My name sake you know. Nobody dares to speak against him or I will unleash .............................

so?......if hot-angle has spoken unwisely then what shall we then say about your response? (no offence intended)

It takes believing in God, obeying and doing his commands that would get any man into heaven...the ultimate gain and not Pst. anybody so wake up my man and be wise.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by chimanu2000(m): 7:47pm On Jul 08, 2005
I love all the comments; Pastor Chris preaches a message. We should all ask ourselves what we preach.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by otokx(m): 10:41am On Aug 10, 2005
i don't understand why he jerry curls his hair, besides i understand his family is based outside nigeria.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by layi(m): 12:23pm On Aug 12, 2005
He is my pastor but not my GOD. I've been close to him and believe me the man is worthy of emulation. By their fruits u shall know them. He's got it upstairs. I learn a lot from him and my life is 'betterlized' evryday. Does he preach the bible? Yes. So what d heck.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by otokx(m): 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2005
@layi: have u got the jerry curls? undecided

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Seun(m): 1:11pm On Aug 18, 2005
There's much more to Christ Embassy and Pastor Chris Oyhakilome than the curls, trust me. Pastor Chris wears the curls simply because they look god on him. Even if you're looking for controversy, the issue of jerry curls is not where to start!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Hndholder(m): 1:47pm On Aug 18, 2005
Seun:

There's much more to Christ Embassy and Pastor Chris Oyhakilome than the curls, trust me. Pastor Chris wears the curls simply because they look god on him. Even if you're looking for controversy, the issue of jerry curls is not where to start!
looking good on him you mean.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by layi(m): 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2005
@otokx
Does it matter if i've got curls. neways i got waves on because it really looks good on me. I aint a fanatic or an hypocrite but a christain with knowlegde. I've done no harm to my body by puttin on a nice hairdo. Christainity isnt against lookin good.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by zoma: 5:37am On Aug 19, 2005
Theres one thing we should be certain about this christian race, and that is this: "Narrow is the way that leads to etrenity and Broad is the way that leads to destruction". The bible also makes us know that "In a race all the runners compete but only one wins the race."The most important thing is that we now devalue the name of Christ that some people now use small letters instead of capital letters by using "vessels or instruments" of God as standards to emulate instead of Christ Himself who humbled himself and died for you, the vessels and I. It is not our duty to start judging pastors(as so many people do in Nigeria and its wide spread here in the United States) but rather our duty to spread the good news. God in His infinite wisdom knows all. He can use anything to accomplish His mission, He knows what He's doing and we all have to know that we r individually accountable to Him. He has given us different talents, when He comes, r u going to tell Him u spent ur time time judging preachers or that u spent ur time recognising them than Him(we know Hes a jealous lover). We are in the end time and all these must come even as prophesied in the old testament. Please brethren lets stop talking about all these stories about pastors and rather concentrate on Jesus who is the author and finisher of our faith. And God in His infinite wisdom has given me a revelation of things of which i will soon put into writting and thats regarding all that's happening in the christian fold most especially in the so called "most religious country of you and I", Nigeria. I was surprised to just see all these while browsing tonight and feel that its the wind of the spirit taking me there. I need your prayers to make this a fruitful project. Once more I say to all of you out there, "The end is near, r u ready?".God bless You all and try to be rapturable and for thos of u that r, remain rapturable by spending your time talking of Jesus than pastors cos thats the enemy at work causing people not to be reached and his way of affecting the rate at which people are been brought to Christ, But remember even if u fail to do these, He can raise stones to do it 'cos His wisdom is infinite.

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Hndholder(m): 4:33pm On Aug 19, 2005
"The end is near, r u ready?".God bless You all and try to be rapturable and for thos of u that r, remain rapturable by spending your time talking of Jesus than pastors because thats the enemy at work causing people not to be reached and his way of affecting the rate at which people are been brought to Christ, But remember even if u fail to do these, He can raise stones to do it 'because His wisdom is infinite.[color=#550000][/color] Human being... Truth is always bitter Why?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 6:41pm On Sep 14, 2005
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria?
« #22 on: Today at 06:14:32 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I presently do not know of any preacher  in this country that is as selfless and as sold out for the Gospel of Jesus Christ as Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Right from his youth, his life has been that of total dedication to the gospel of our Lord Jesus christ ...the one whom he seeks to introduce always with a paasion. Chris Oyakhilome does not have any life of his own but for the gospel. It may suprise u...but the man does not own lands, houses and personal properties as many others do. He lives a very  simple life and as such, the Lord hath so highly annointed Him above his fellows. No wonder The Lord has entrusted so great a followership to him and confirms his message with mighty signs and wonders...because he trusts him. Therefore as many as rise against Him shall surely fall and b destroyed by the lord Himself. Christian or non-christian. Be wise and refrain ur tongue from speaking  evil against the Lord's annointed.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Duncan(m): 12:14pm On Oct 12, 2005
donnie:

Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria?
« #22 on: Today at 06:14:32 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I presently do not know of any preacher  in this country that is as selfless and as sold out for the Gospel of Jesus Christ as Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Right from his youth, his life has been that of total dedication to the gospel of our Lord Jesus christ ...the one whom he seeks to introduce always with a paasion. Chris Oyakhilome does not have any life of his own but for the gospel. It may suprise u...but the man does not own lands, houses and personal properties as many others do. He lives a very  simple life and as such, the Lord hath so highly annointed Him above his fellows. No wonder The Lord has entrusted so great a followership to him and confirms his message with mighty signs and wonders...because he trusts him. Therefore as many as rise against Him shall surely fall and b destroyed by the lord Himself. Christian or non-christian. Be wise and refrain your tongue from speaking  evil against the Lord's annointed.
Great Donnie, I enjoyed all of your comment to various issues that pertains christianity. May the Almighty God in His Infinite Mercy grant you the desires of your heart as you stand firm in the Truth........Rev Chris Oyakhilome is the Man. Let me quickly remind his Critics that in the last 3 to 4 years that he has come under severe criticism and persecution, he and the ministry has grown immensely. And God kept adding to the Church day by day, min by min.

Christ embassy sometimes ago approached Nigerian government for a license to set up a TV station here in Nigeria but he was turned down, he went to South Africa and United Kingdom to meet certain TV stations for Airtime but was turned down. What Happened today, He owns 2 different Satellite stations in Africa and Europe. One in South Africa, LOVEWORLD CHRISTIAN NETWORK, it covers, presently more than one quarter of world's population. The other one in UK, LOVEWORLD TV, a satellite too doing great expanding by the day into all of Russia, and Southern part of America. This kind of grace is very unusual. That is leaving the realm of applying for airtime to given airtime even free of charge. My advice to all of you who are engrossed in criticising Men of God, refrain from it so you can be partaker of their Grace. Am a partaker of Rev. Chris's Grace in that I was once looking for Job but now a recruiter of Labour controlling Millions. This confirms what the Bible says...quick work the Lord shall do and cut it short in Righteousness......

Brethren and Sisthren....ah ah ah.....the bible says worship the Lord your God and believe His propheth so shall you prosper....note it didnt say criticise God's propheth.. Listen is for your own good.

SHALLOM

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by joshjosh(m): 3:46pm On Oct 14, 2005
dear brother, is this good? " Therefore as many as rise against Him shall surely fall and b destroyed by the lord Himself. Christian or non-christian."

i dont know pastor chris personally but i like the man. i watch him here too and am grateful to God that give this wonderful gifts to men.

to peter Christ said those that live by the sword die by it. the enviroment / tradition we practice makes Gods word impotent. Jesus had people calling Him names and His disciples were not following them with curses. Jesus came to set the captives free. some people that criticized pastor chris before would be members of his congregation now. if God hears people like u where would the crowd come from.

you see why you have murders and violence in the country. because those that cant kill with guns do it by juju or christian curses. God almighty help us and save us from temperamental christians. the world is ugly enough without the spiritual casualties.

christianity is about the love, forgiveness, reconcilliation and mercy of God and not how many things u acquire or how man u are able to kill through cursing. the great book says a man's life does not consist of the abundance of things we possess.

we are all God's kids
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 11:17am On Oct 15, 2005
my friend, i am not cursing....i am only qouting scripture.

The bible says. " u err because you know not the scriptures."

I just told them the resuslt of thier actions ...i am not trying to place a curse...God has already placed a curse on all those who choose to use their mouths wrongly.

Look at this:

Isaiah 54:15 - Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.

and this:

Acts 13:6-11- " And when they had gone through the isle unto Paphos, they found a certain sorcerer, a false prophet, a Jew, whose name was Barjesus: Which was with the deputy of the country, Sergius Paulus, a prudent man; who called for Barnabas and Saul, and desired to hear the word of God. But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith. Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him. And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord? And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season."

So it is not about temperament , but about inspiration to speak God's Word with power.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by joshjosh(m): 1:40pm On Oct 15, 2005
thank you dear brother,

i know that is the word. you can quote it as many times as you like. i still say to you that these are God's people and some of them will be pastors one day. leaders always have people who mis-understand them. it comes with the territory of being great. Jesus had His bunch of critics including some of us.

i know 2 pastors whose wives dont believe what they are called. and i know a pastor's son that always criticize his dad. would these pastor's want their family cursed i suggest 100% no and this is because they have a great hope that 1 day God will turn their heart's around.

i dont know if you were a born a christian and have never done any wrong in your life. the bible also says that the soul that sinneth- shall die amongst every other thing.

elijah and elisha had people following them one was good at forgiving the other was good at anger and raining curses. no wonder the ministry didnt survive after his death. that said i want to say too that i am not believing that every person who accuses a man of God will die because i know God's faithfulness and mercies do not allow that.

we may all fancy God doing all our biddings of wishing every one we dont like or agree with ill. when i was young i remember some one writting IF MEN WERE GOD? on the side of their car.

there is a grace we have been given my dear brother and if we use it to pray these people see the light and grace God has given us, we will make the world a better place.

God is the father of all man kind and He is calling us all to change our ways for good. He does not rejoice in the death of sinners which we all are and me in particular. i wish we live in a world where everyone likes me but reality have shown me that is not the world i live in.

i thank God you love your pastor and from seeing him i know he is a man full of love and guess what i dont hate you dear brother.

God bless and be with you
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 6:00pm On Oct 16, 2005
I know that brother...that is why rather than get angry with them, we warn them and pray for them that God will forgive them because they are ignorant of the consequences of their actions.

You see, Eli knew the consequences of his sons actions but he could not stop them...therefore, God killed them. Maybe if he had warned them a little harder of the consequences of thier actions, they would have been saved.

My love for those folks is the reason for the warning... We also pray genuinely for thier forgiveness and repentance.

We cannot but walk in love...it is our nature.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by layi(m): 6:28pm On Oct 16, 2005
@Donnie
Does God Kill? Pastor Chris said He doesnt but u said he did.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 7:04pm On Oct 16, 2005
Did i quote pastor Chris or i quoted the Bible?

I guess you misunderstood Pastor Chris. God said, "i am God i kill and i make alive."

What Pastor Chris was trying to put across to us is that many times, it is the consequences of our actions that we suffer for and not that God kills. If i told you that if you stand in the middle of the express way, you will get knocked down by a vehicle, and you disobey and eventually got knocked down, i did not kill you, your disobedience did!

The fact is that the old testament prophets had a different refelation of God ... different from what we have today. And revelation is progressive. We have a higher revelation of God today in Jeus Christ who came to show us the love of the father. According to them, good and evil came from the Lord. Sickness and health came from the Lord. That is why Job will say, "the Lord has given and the Lord has taken".

But we have learnt from Jesus that sickness is from the devil and that He was manifesited to destry the works of the devil.

Thanks for the question.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by joshjosh(m): 10:20am On Oct 20, 2005
dear brother the new revelation is that God is the God of love.

i think we can rest this matter now. God will not kill no one for you. the lovely english people say if wishes where horses, only fools would ride them.

we are in a culture where it is acceptable to kill every enemy. we dont use use criminals we use prayers or juju. God help us.

if a mother has 4 kids and 2 of them have disagreement which of them would she nominate for death my dear brother.

God is a fairer God than we know. His mercies cries ahead of judgement.

have a good day
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by PaypalGod(m): 7:33am On Oct 27, 2005
I am the keyboardist and the Musical Director of one of the Christ embassy churches in Lagos. I know a lot about him and I can tell you quite frankly that he is a man sent from God. He is sold out completely to the gospel. I was at the last National Youth Conference held at the National stadium for 2 days (21 & 22 october 2005)and I can tell you guys one thing, He has the Nations well being at heart. He has a lot of passion for the nation. But you know that just one man can not do it all. We all need to put in our individual effort in making this nation big. I tell you guys, Nigeria will be big only if we make it big. I advice you go get a tape of that programme. There is nothing impossible for God to do. Remember when God told abraham that He was going to destroy Sodom. If only there were 10 righteuos men in that place. I have learnt a lot of things from him personally, he is worthy of emulation. Then concerning his so called romance with Pastor T. B. Joshua, what makes T.B. Joshua an evil man Only God knows who is serving in spiritand in truth. On the judgement day, there will be so many people who we think are very righteous now that will be going to hell. Jesus said it himself. Remember that this same Jesus said that you should not judge. He without sin should cast the first stone.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by oscaruk: 6:18pm On Nov 08, 2005
This goes to Paypal... I really hope you are there for the salvation of your dear soul and not just the exodus of people getting healed... I wonder what have become of salvation messages when souls are perishing every hour.

All we care about nowadays is who is gonna heal us and make us jump up when they preach.

I'm not being judgemental but I think having a personal relationship with Christ is what matters other than watching miracle and healing programmes all the time you turn on your TV......everyone wants to be healed but dont be deceived....
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by PaypalGod(m): 5:59am On Nov 09, 2005
oscaruk:

This goes to Paypal... I really hope you are there for the salvation of your dear soul and not just the exodus of people getting healed... I wonder what have become of salvation messages when souls are perishing every hour.

All we care about nowadays is who is going to heal us and make us jump up when they preach.

I'm not being judgemental but I think having a personal relationship with Christ is what matters other than watching miracle and healing programmes all the time you turn on your TV.everyone wants to be healed but don't be deceived....

@ oscaruk:- I have already gotten my salvation and i am helping others get theirs. I never mentioned anything about miracles. Though remember Jesus said more miracles will be done through us.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by oscaruk: 12:43pm On Nov 09, 2005
Paypal: Good to know that you are saved..... I was just a bit puzzled that more priority is given to healing and miracle programmes rather than letting people know that being saved is the priority. I am not in any position to judge him but I still think we need the old time religion where more is preached about salvation and second coming of Jesus (which is near)

God bless Pastor Chris.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by layi(m): 5:52pm On Nov 09, 2005
The miracles are the credentials that made Jesus the son of GOD. You cant talk about jesus without talking bout miracles. Lets Stop the hipocrisy and face the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Reacts To New Nigerian Passport With 'Herdsmen' Inscription / 5 Dangerous Signs Your Pastor Is A Fake / See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.