Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments (74686 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 6:43pm On Apr 20, 2006
papa,

u can check this link 4 my testimony
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-8093.96.html
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Reverend(m): 6:46pm On Apr 20, 2006
Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Is a fraudster and a fake.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by 4getme1(m): 8:39pm On Apr 20, 2006
You make me laugh. Is this all your cannabis 'Jesus' has to offer you - petty protests?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by nubian(m): 11:20pm On Apr 21, 2006
donnie:

Is that the way you would complain if RCCG organised the program. Will you use that tone and langguage for your pastor? If you would, i am sorry to say that we have more respect for sacred things and for God's annointed than that.

You should have simply told us to consult your church, RCCG for coaching, that would have been more understandable.

Those stranded people who were cursing and insulting the church and the man of God includes you, i guess. Funny , Why did they not come to beat him up, that is if they will get past the police station we had on ground or the crowd of millions of worshippers without being apprehended or mobbed.

I am not telling you what i was told but what i saw. All the cars were at at stand still so you wouldnt notice even if there were broken down traillers.

I saw two of them abbandoned in the middle of the road (in the direction of lagos) on saturday afternoon as cars struggled to get past them on either side.

Trucks were abandoned on the roads, travelers were leaving Lagos in large numbers and you can only see Christ Embassy to blame for the traffic jam.

When reinhard Bonkke or Benny Hinn holds programs, all the pastors in Nigeria come together to make it a success. But pastor Chris calls for a program, that is when they remember that there is a day called good friday on which they too can hold their own programs.

Well the results will tell if God sent who.
God knows those whom he has called and actually sent.

If they will only pay more attention to God's prophetic move in this day and hour, things will be better for us. The police would be more prepared and ready.

We are a force that cannot be ignored in this country and around the world. It is not our making but God's.

No sense in continuing this argumant with this person,who has taken things very personal . i should just shut up and accept that i dont have a right to complain after i spent almost 24 hours to complete a less than two hours journey,and was made to sleep in a car with my family lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by 4real(m): 1:57am On Apr 22, 2006
i wonder if people use there head for sound jugdment, some people feel that anything they do in the name of christainty is right, it's people like this that the bible says they lack understand, well as for me i guess that a better job should be done at it next time to make sure things like this don't happen again make people sleep in their cars, i wonder what my guy would say if he had to go to a crusade at ibadan and another church held a program and he could not make it.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 8:30pm On Apr 23, 2006
And do I not have a right to defend whoever and whatsoever i please?

I think, we all should be more corteous when trying to make complaints or air our views because its one thing to lay complaints its another to try to castigate one's character.

I myself was caught up in the traffic as well. And my heart really went out in pity to those whom i saw stuck in the traffic for so long. I wished we could, if there was a way, repay them for the loss they might have endured but Saying: Pastor Chris caused untold suffering for Nigerians during that period totally contradicts the purpose of that event or of Pastor Chris' ministry as a person.

Those who came for the program were Nigerians, people like u and i who necessarily weren't members of Christ Embassy.

Did you expect me to support you and your message that all that was achieved for the program was suffering for Nigerians?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by 4real(m): 3:33pm On Apr 24, 2006
we have nothing against pastor chris or his ministry and we support it with all we can, but when a wrong has been done it's been done, what his purpose was for the program makes not sense to the person that was passing by, am not a member of the people who cover bad things cause it has to do with christainity, if you are wrong you are period. the organization was bad very bad and what we are saying is that it should be worked upon, the bible says that if your eyes causes you to sin remove it, if the traffic jam would cause the goverment to banned the program instead of letting us spend meaning less night praying and fasting, well not work on the organization
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 8:28pm On May 01, 2006
I just went through the angry comments of those sho were caught in the traffic. There were some opinions that were quite objective. Among other opinions which i agree with, i just copied that of a certain FRSC oficial:

JULIUS OZALO Unit Co-ordinator, FRSC

The cause of the hold-up is impatience and indiscipline on the part of the motorists. Those going out of Lagos left their lane to follow the other lane. They are just impatient. That is why the hold-up has lasted this long. The road network is equally not okay, the road is narrow. The government should do something about it. We can only thank God that there has been no casualty

click here for News article:

http://odili.net/news/source/2006/apr/16/18.html
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Seun(m): 11:34pm On Jun 06, 2006
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Idekeson(m): 4:00am On Jun 07, 2006
Simply ban offerings to these churches and you'll be amazed how fast claims of miracles and deliveries will become extinct. Lets see those that will do the work of God free with no strings attached.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 6:30pm On Jun 07, 2006
Simply foolish talk. i remember in 2003, when we had a program in Benin city Nigeria with over 1.5 million people in attendance. Many banks came around with their vans waiting to carry away loads of naira but to their amazement, no offerings were taken.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Idekeson(m): 8:05pm On Jun 07, 2006
donnie:

Simply foolish talk. i remember in 2003, when we had a program in Benin city Nigeria with over 1.5 million people in attendance. Many banks came around with their vans waiting to carry away loads of naira but to their amazement, no offerings were taken.

Good example. Did you guys keep up with the "No offering format" or you reverted back to the more lucrative "God loves a cheerful giver" version in the very next crusade?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Reverend(m): 6:32am On Jun 08, 2006
Many banks came around with their vans waiting to carry away loads of naira but to their amazement, no offerings were taken.

Why did many banks come around?

Surely people like Pasta pastor Chris and his cronies collected cash. Why would they bank it?

It is far more tax efficient to keep it under his mattress!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by medube(m): 1:15pm On Jun 08, 2006
As far as I am concerned, he is a thief like every other one of them and using the present situation of the country to play on peoples mentalities.

I wonder whether one of the calls from God was to float these business. In my opinion they should start taxing these churches. And like someone said in an earlier thread, stop paying or contributing money to them and lets see if Miracles will still occur
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 12:23pm On Jun 09, 2006
medube:

As far as I am concerned, he is a thief like every other one of them and using the present situation of the country to play on peoples mentalities.

I wonder whether one of the calls from God was to float these business. In my opinion they should start taxing these churches. And like someone said in an earlier thread, stop paying or contributing money to them and lets see if Miracles will still occur

Mind you, Pastor Chris is presently not resdent in Nigeria so what are you talking about the situation in Nigeria?

Before the good friday miracle night, he hadnt held a major program in this country since 2004.

Why don't you say, "the situation in my pocket" 'because everyone in Nigeria aint broke okay?

In south Africa, the last time he held a major prgram there, the coca-cola dome was filled beyond capacity with the crowds outside the dome almost outweighing the one inside. Many had to be sent back home as the gates of the venue were shut. In another program, he had to cncel the last day's meeting 'because the evidence was that the venue could no longer contain the crowds.

In Europe recently (April 14th 2006), they gathered at the Excel centre in London to watch the good friday program holding in nigeria live via satelite. The same thing happened; the venue was packed out and many had to be sent home. And this was without any publicy whatsoever.

You do not know what you are positioning yourself against. We are like a moving trailer, approaching at full speed. And people like you who choose to stand in our way are simply CRUSHED.

This is not the church in the book of acts; it is by far more powerful and influencial. It the glorious church, the latter house.

So you can take your frustration elsewhere or better still, repent and turn to the Lord.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Reverend(m): 8:57pm On Jun 10, 2006
Religion is big business!

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Baatunde(m): 6:12pm On Jun 11, 2006
Charismatic Pastor Chris, " Praiiiiiiseee God,, he can see, yes from childhood he has been blind, touch me, whats d colour of my shirt? 'lilac' shouted the fromer 'blind man'. For God sake even me that was not born blind no fit identify lilac. There was also this joke about one of the Pastor's assistants duirng a miracle session shouting Pastor, Pastor, this man came here with a bow leg,now he is returning with K-leg, shout Halaluuuuuyah! ! !.

Whethere you guys like to believe it or not, his fratenity with TB Joshua has left much in doubt as to his sincerity. Whether we are allowed to Judge or not, its been written that in the last days there shall arise false prophets with claims of miracles , so strong as to even deceive the very elect. So why the fuss. I am sure you ve all read the story of this Agada man dat stole money from Sheraton to impress PASTOR, you are all aware of the initial attempt to distance the church from the man, i wonder what kind of pastor would collect millions in donation from an Ordinary Account Clerk without bothering to verify the source of the money, ride on Pastor!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 12:40pm On Jun 20, 2006
Yeah let it out, let out all your frustration. IT WILL ONLY LEAVE YOU MORE FRUSTRATED 'COS WE'RE MOVING ON AND GETTING BIGGER! GLORY!!!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by oje(m): 12:50pm On Aug 02, 2006
Donnie,
you are really loaded. I can feel your faith. I am happy people like you have deep understanding of what we are. So many peolple are where they are now because they dont even know who they are in Christ Jesus. I wish i had enough words to release the understanding of the word of God to these people who are short of it.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by landala: 2:35pm On Aug 02, 2006
I couldnt help but respond to this forum.I am a Zimbabwean and Christ Embassy started last year in my country around March but it is growing very fast.The gospel is spreading rapidly in my nation.I thank the man of God because through him I am also part of this vision.We get to watch his ministry now also available in our country and we are able to travel to South Africa for conferences and I have seen the true gospel and glory of God manifest in my life.I thank God for I now know who I am , Glory to God!Nigerians, you were blessed with a great prophet!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by lordimpaq(m): 7:51pm On Aug 02, 2006
@la landa

we are blessed with so many prophets,

its left for you to choose which ones are the genuine ones,
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 6:10pm On Aug 13, 2006
Pastor chris (prophet to the Nations)

Worth hearing.

Blessed are those who are not offended at him.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by izoneb(f): 2:01am On Sep 12, 2006
Good talk Zoma.At a glance i thought u were my friend Festus Keyamo.As for Pastor Chris,mmmmmmhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnn!Thank God for your advice Zoma i reserve my comment.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by TayoD(m): 1:03pm On Sep 13, 2006
Is it true that Pastor Chris now claims to see dead saints in the form of Apostle Paul showing up at his meetings?  I came across this information while reading the following article. http://yomi.domainstandard.net/church/chris-oyakhilome/

Can someone please confirm or disprove this accusation!!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Gfrey(m): 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2006
Pst Chris is aman of God i respect dearly but i follow JESUS more Closely, .No one sgld rep[alce d amster in ourlives.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by TayoD(m): 3:05pm On Sep 14, 2006
I'm still waiting for all someone to respond my request above.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Seun(m): 3:18pm On Sep 14, 2006
He's just following the footsteps of Benny Hinn, who has made similar claims in the past:
And I spoke out and I said, ‘Lord, who is this man I see?’ I know you may, you may think I lost my mind, but the Lord said, ‘Elijah, the prophet!’
http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/false.html

'Siddon look' can be a good way to expose liars - most people will hang themselves if given enough rope. grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 3:27pm On Sep 14, 2006
Tayo D,

Yes pastor Chris saw a vision of Saints of Old ( not dead saints but saints that are alive in heaven).

Paul did not show up in the meeting according to the vison; they only saught to behold the wonder tht was happening on earth( where 2.5 million gathered for a single night'sservice in the city of PortHarcourt, bringing the city to a standstill).
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by TayoD(m): 6:07pm On Sep 14, 2006
@donnie,

There is a lot to be careful about, and I will advise you guys to thread with caution. The article I refered to talked about several instances of pastor Chris' claim of seeing dead Bible times saints. Anyway, do you have his statement on tape that you can share? I will like to hear this for myself and see what it means in context.

Personally, I have always admired Pastor Chris until his fraternity with T.B. Joshua.  Contrary to God's Word, he felt like there is concordance between light and darkness, Christ and belial; and I felt he seriously compromised his stance as a christian leader.

I see no scriptural precedence to this 'vision' and while I'll be careful to say it is not of God, I just want you all to be aware that Satan also gives visions. 

I think the 'miracles' and apparent 'success' makes a lot of people to think this man must be doing God's will absolutely.  But as Paul has said, unless you run lawfully, all your eforts will be in vain.  But we must balance this out with Paul's admonition again that as long as Christ is preached, then we should be content.

I have had some discussions with some members of the Church before, and I was just surprised by the zeal that most time is not backed with true knowledge of scriptures.  Many think that they know, but obviously they don't.  Knowledge has puffed them up and I wish most times, it is accurate knowledge.

I do wish him and his flock well.  Afterall, they are my brothers in Christ, and my only prayer is that they remain in Him and understand that of Him, through Him and to Him must be ALL things.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 4:37pm On Sep 15, 2006
If you know the Holy Ghost, there is nothing to be careful about.

Philippians 4:6
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Acts 7:56
And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

That was stephen. Do you remember the transfiguration? Peter's vision? Jacob's vison? Visions of heven are not new in the kingdom.

If you know Pastor Chris, you will know he does not speak carelessly cos he is concious of the fact that he is a man of God and his words are not taken lightly for they are powerful. Get the tape and stop reading junk articles/magazines. Night of bliss Port harcourt is the name of the tape.

Do you expect us to applaud when we hear people blaspheme against God and his servant?

look at what paul wrote concerning the Galatians: for I bear you record, that, if it had been possible, ye would have plucked out your own eyes, and have given them to me.

We know how to appreciate good gifts. Pastor Chris is a gift to the body of Christ and you know that.

God will always honour those who honour his prophets and those who come against them, he will do what he does best: leave them where they are and put his grace on His servant in such a way that it will provoke them to envy.

There is no need to be angry about a man's succes, rather bless Him and bless God who gave him such grace and you will be a partaker of his grace.

Did you say zeal without knowledge? How untrue. Look at the universities for instance. Those young boys and girls. full of love for Jesus. Pastor Chris isn't there but he has armed his children with God's word and they are doing exploits for the kingdom. healing the sick, casting out devils. That is not zeal without knowldge my brother for they know the master Jesus.

If we are your brothers like you say, then love us and dont castigate us openly before unbelievers like many have already done bringing condemnation to themselves.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by TayoD(m): 5:52pm On Sep 15, 2006
@donnie,

You just proved me right. Signs and wonders does not prove anything. It is a gift of the Holy Ghost. The Corinthian church was the most gifted church we know in history, yet they were the most immoral of all. Gifts and callings are without repentance, but we must run our races in such a way as to obtain.

Your twisting my words and using the scripture out of context to tell me not to be 'careful' is part of the lack of knowledge I talked about. While I was talking about "watch" as Jesus expressed, you are quoting scriptures that has to do with "worry" and "anxiety". Learn to use the Bible biblically.

The examples you mentioned in the scriptures does not validate the experience he claims to have had. None of those people saw any of the saints. They all saw Jesus. I have never known the Lord to take attention off Himself. Even visions must be validated by scriptures.

I know Pastor Chris enough to know I should be careful with him. For him to validate the ministry of that man called Joshua says all i need to know about him. I know Pastor Chris is called, but that does not mean he is right.

The best that I can do is what the Bible adjoins. I should mark such a man and stay away from him believing God to make him see his wrong ways. Perhaps that can lead him to repentance through our prayers and his humility.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by dearzi(f): 1:17pm On Sep 16, 2006
@Donnie

Why are you answering TayoD? the guy is my friend, but i don't take everything about him seriously, otherwise i will die! so don't!

TayoD

You're here again? there's no mention of Okotie here! shei i'm among the memebers you've talked to? it is well. I've marked you and i'm worried for you, and maybe i should begin to keep away from you too, based on some of your beliefs, that i believe are out of this world.

Let each man run his race, as for me, i'm following the course that i must run! the teachings i've learnt in this ministry, i've learnt no where else! Christ Embassy is more than a church, it a vision--God's vision, so whether y'all try to slander the ministry, it's not going to change anything. You can see it's still standing after all this time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites / Why We Shut Down Synagogue Church - T.B Joshua's Widow Evelyn (Pics) / Apostle Suleman Reacts To New Nigerian Passport With 'Herdsmen' Inscription

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.