Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,902 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims (18570 Views)

Why The Saudis Opened The Holy Ka'aba For Buhari In 1984 / FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News / Electing Buhari As President, Disaster For Africa – ex US Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Rossikk(m): 8:53pm On Sep 28, 2012
rajiade:

What did you do when Israel stripped your Rev. Father and Priest naked and locked them up when they were on pilgrimage?
I think dt is worst than what the Saudi Authorities have done.

Can't imagine the Rev. Father and the Priest both of whom are CAN official looking at each others balls, jumping and shouting let me go oo!

Did this really happen?? grin grin grin grin
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 28, 2012
Cityguy:
plssss, respect your elders. Its a sign of good home training. What is happening calls for sober reflection on the parts of us all
sober reflection as in how? Na me send them go mecca? Abi which one be my own for the matter? How can I respect elders who don't know their left and right? Is the sultan not aware that saudi laws have to be kept? Abi he thinks you can do away with anything? Abeg spare me that sorry comment of yours!!
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by femmical(m): 9:01pm On Sep 28, 2012
This was a slap on my Great country Men...
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by dollypi(m): 9:03pm On Sep 28, 2012
http://www.arabnews.com/saudi-arabia/hajj-ministry-no-entry-those-who-dont-comply-regulations

"Medina, Dhu-AlQa'dah 12, 1433, September 28, 2012, SPA -- Ministry of Hajj explained that Hajj's organization and its instructions not to allow the entry to the Kingdom for those who don't comply with terms and requirements of the entry visa to Saudi Arabia to perform the Hajj.
These terms require women under age of 45 years to be accompanied with a male sponsor during the pilgrimage journey and that is stipulated in the woman's visa or her sponsor regardless of nationality."

We really should learn to obey simple instructions as a people.

1 Like

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by fortyfeet(m): 9:10pm On Sep 28, 2012
Siraleeyu: just cant understand y some xtians on NL are happy about dis humiliation.....well i think any 9jerian ought to show some feelings of symphaty 4 d detained nigerian females irrespective of religion, because either way your country is mentioned. NIGERIA!, nd dat enough shud giv u a feeling of concern. Lets show some patriotism for diz our ailing nation.
The women who harbour, sympathize, cook and feed boko haram boys. Have they shown sympathy in the church bombing and killing of christians that has been going on for a long time in the northern nigeria where they come from. Am sure this does not mean anything to you and them. You are Heartless! The saudis were even very considerate. Patriotism my big asŚ.
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 28, 2012
To any ex-pilgrim on this thread; inquiring minds will like to know if there is any truth in the assertions made below regarding apartheid in hajj?

The experiences of the Hajj are very different depending on which part of the world you originate from. If you hail from Saudi Arabia or the Gulf states, you will perform the hajj in relative luxury and privilege, which is denied to Muslims from the sub-continent, Africa or the rest of the world. Those from Saudi Arabia and the Gulf states have a different Hajj based on luxurious accommodations, and preferential treatment in performing the rituals. The latest egregious practice is the high-speed rail service, which transports the pilgrims from Mecca to the sacred sites where the rituals of the Hajj are performed. The train is reserved only for Saudis and citizens from the Gulf countries. Citizens from Saudi Arabia and the Gulf countries can be transported to the holy sites within a few minutes. For others, they will have to take the bus or walk which could take many hours each day. I cannot think of any other place in the world today that practices such crass racism. Imagine a train in the United States that states no Arabs — just people from the west — can ride in. The real tragedy is the lack of outrage from Muslims.
[b]
The Hajj as a gathering of Muslims, based on equality, simplicity and brotherhood is a fiction. The Hajj is a gigantic money making endeavor. All visits to the holy place have to take place under the auspices of a Saudi institution or company, which is totally Saudi-owned. Every opportunity is geared towards profit maximization. The Saudi companies in turn enter into agreements with parties in the local country where the pilgrim resides. The Saudi company takes care of the negotiation with the local hotels and other parties to organize and pay for the accommodations and internal transportation and the like. Saudis have profited greatly from the pilgrims who have been exploited on a scale that is beyond imagination. A two week visit to Saudi Arabia during the Hajj period (if you are not sponsored) in modest accommodations costs more than a month-long world tour (not counting the fact that for five days during the two week period, the pilgrim is staying in a tent). Imagine the outrage if a Saudi was told that he could not do business in the United States (including booking a hotel) except though a United States entity?[/b]

1 Like

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by member479760: 9:15pm On Sep 28, 2012
sunky644: Can a true Muslim explain the sentence "traveling without individual muharram"?

means those women without individual muharram went there for prostitution, anyway we broke the rule and now facing the consequence. however, this is not the first year we are breaking the rule, the fact is that the Saudi ex-minister in charge of those activities normally accept settlement from us $200 per head.
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by fortyfeet(m): 9:20pm On Sep 28, 2012
masterkey11: . I just pity u all,yall r thr in nigeria happy over d deportation of nigerians all in d name of religion d@s killing yu all,nig is getting worse on a daily basis and no country wanna accomodate us.nw religious women r getting deported,I knw it ll happen in jerusalem soon.what's d way forward is the quest?but wot yaL knw is to come here to mock people,been a christian or muslim doesn't even guaranti u paradise.wise up.
If christianity is the right direction, then being a christian is a first step well taken. So also, islam.
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by abbeyfx2(m): 9:28pm On Sep 28, 2012
I ws really hoping to see another march pass in kano nd kaduna shouting 'death to saudi arabia' and burning of their flags for deporting our alhaji and alhajas wanna-bes. Smh! I hope its high time you people understand the line between religious centiment and simple laws that Governs the sanity of a place.

1 Like

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by mahel: 9:31pm On Sep 28, 2012
Torch1: Arab Muslims see Hausa-Fulani muslims as inferior muslims while Hausa-Fulani muslims in Nigeria see Yoruba Muslims as inferior muslims.. Lol, no equality in Islam.

Hausa-Fulani muslims are slaves to Arab muslims while Yorubas are slaves to Hausa-Fulani muslims!
No wonder Tinubu bowed to Buhari.
u are a bloody fool!
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by ektbear: 9:33pm On Sep 28, 2012
lmao

this is absolutely hilarious grin
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by rajiade: 9:36pm On Sep 28, 2012
Rossikk:

Did this really happen?? grin grin grin grin

Yes
vanguardngr.com/2011/12/nigerian-pilgrims-detained-in-jerusalem/
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by ektbear: 9:36pm On Sep 28, 2012
Torch1: Arab Muslims see Hausa-Fulani muslims as inferior muslims while Hausa-Fulani muslims in Nigeria see Yoruba Muslims as inferior muslims.. Lol, no equality in Islam.

Hausa-Fulani muslims are slaves to Arab muslims while Yorubas are slaves to Hausa-Fulani muslims!
No wonder Tinubu bowed to Buhari.

Why would Yoruba Muslims care what H-F muslims think about them, is the question. The latter are seen as dogs by Arab Muslims, the founders of the religion and the keepers of the faith, no?

Anyway, this is why follow-follow religion like Islam is useless. How can your religion require to visit Saudi Arabia where some dude can turn you away anyhow or treat you like dirt.

Shine your eyes wellu-wellu Yoruba Muslims.

Btw, next time I see these Hausa rioting because Israel beats up some Palestinians, or because of Afghanistan/Iraq/etc, I will give them a dirty slap
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by fortyfeet(m): 9:39pm On Sep 28, 2012
HAH: I have been to saudi and umra all on international airline not goverment arranged, the truth is that our government is at fault, there in the law govenning hajj that any female pilgrim must be accompanied with muharram( a person you cannot marry islamically) but nigerian gorvenment have been violating this and the saudi officials have been over looking it, but they decided to be strict this time. I can remember last year I went to hajj with my two sisters with emirates via dubai and at the point of entry they were asked to produce their muharram then I came forward and the checked my passport to confirm am the one cause my name and passport number is boldly written on their visa that i must accompany them,and we were let in without any problem.

in that emirate flight which was airbus A380 had over 700 pilgrims of which only 15 of us were nigerians. the rest are from all over the world and every lady must produce muharram so this is not new.

I can remember back in 1986 my mum, aunt and elder sister went to hajj and my dad was compelled to also pay for a male cousin to accompany them as muharram and mind you they followed the goverment hajj. is just that over the years our gorverment became complacent due to non strictness of the saudi authorities.

the solution now. is diplomacy and from next year every pilgrim will abide by the laws gorvening hajj.
You're saying there can be one muharram for more than one female pilgrim.
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Alxmyr(m): 9:43pm On Sep 28, 2012
tunde300us: Somehow i blame Nigerian officials for this disgrace,am sure the rule as to how to enter saudi arabia has been there since and yet flaut it and expect to use man no man or sentiment.The saudi officials obviouslt must have been warning their nigerian counterpart about this development but obviously they choose to do their bidding.

What is the blame of Nigeria officials? Are they the one that granted visas?
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by chreldb(m): 9:45pm On Sep 28, 2012
SmoothCrim: I will end by saying this... Picture of a dumb Nigerian Negro who wanted to be an Asian and where he belongs!!!

Ghanaian RULE NOW!!!!! You will always be under our BOOT!!! You have no dignity! No pride!! No sense of what is right! TO walk behind you is to walk behind a DOG! I won't walk behind a dog!

Give me Ghana NOW NOW NOW!!!!!

Your case is one of chronic narcissism and inferiority complex thus the need for you to denigrate others in order to feel better about yourself. If I were to be as shallow as you I would conclude that all Ghanaians exhibit the same characteristics. But fortunately I know other Ghanaians. So the situation here is that you need some help. Pathetic! tongue
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by dakronik(m): 9:46pm On Sep 28, 2012
Before we start insulting d saudis, lets remember dat some nigerian ladies hide under d issue of pilgrimage to go and prostitute in d holy land.. D saudi govt has issued countless warning but our hajj commission chose to ignore.most single ladies from kano jigawa katsina etc are into dis jus as edo girls flock to italy.so dont blame d saudis for deporting females wit no muharram(male companion eg husband brother of father) shikena
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by manbuchai: 9:47pm On Sep 28, 2012
SmoothCrim:

The donkeys don't have that type of dignity! They care more about Palestine than Southern Nigeria or their brothers(black Muslims) who are SLAVES to Arabs in Mauritania(called the Haratin)... A people of similar Origins to the Muslims in Nigeria according to genetic tests!!
They will never protest things like this! That is what I call LOSERS!!!

Only and I mean ONLY Ghanaian RULE can SAVE West Africa!!!
Till now no protests from northern Nigerians,i stll await burning of saudi flags.
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 28, 2012
dakronik: Before we start insulting d saudis, lets remember dat some nigerian ladies hide under d issue of pilgrimage to go and prostitute in d holy land.. D saudi govt has issued countless warning but our hajj commission chose to ignore.most single ladies from kano jigawa katsina etc are into dis jus as edo girls flock to italy.so dont blame d saudis for deporting females wit no muharram(male companion eg husband brother of father) shikena
slap ...dont throw ur mothers,sisters,wives under the bus,have an iota of dignity
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by tintingz(m): 9:52pm On Sep 28, 2012
IYA NGBALI: Islam religion of piss. So these so called muslims in Nigeria are not even recognised by the original and the originator of Islam,so upon all their killings they are fake and classless Muslims,eyaaaaaa,sorry o. Honestly I am enjoying this drama. Let somebody shout halleluyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa tongue
madam piss maker . . .do you know what LAW means? Is like you go to jerusalem for picnic and tourist futhermore playing promisicous. . .i wonder why should someone shout halleluyanch!

2 Likes

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by HAH: 9:53pm On Sep 28, 2012
fortyfeet:
You're saying there can be one muharram for more than one female pilgrim.
yes of course one person can be muharram for even 10 ladies
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by tintingz(m): 10:03pm On Sep 28, 2012
Countryman93: This is it. Where are the islamic armies that were dissipating energy and spitting venom over a video? Why are they not on the streets against Saudi Arabia's anti Nigerian Muslims policy? This is where we draw the line that islam in Nigeria is politics and a very stupendous and barbaric show of solidarity for this Mohammed that cannot defend himself. Pls let Mohammed defend himself Biko and spare us some peace! But I can't understand this policy of compulsory companionship in a period of spiritual retreat! Well I guess its one of those their Mohammed's moves!
what are you saying
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by NosaHenry(m): 10:20pm On Sep 28, 2012
Must they go to another man's land before they can see Allah.

1 Like

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by tintingz(m): 10:21pm On Sep 28, 2012
We all know that christianity is a "way of life". . .oh sorry christianity is a "waste of life" grin grin grin
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 28, 2012
tintingz: We all know that christianity is a "way of life". . .oh sorry christianity is a "waste of life" grin grin grin
your "people"(arabs) are rejecting you,what r u going to,grovel,beg ,plead,change ur nationalty,deny ur women and call them ashis?o black man who hates his skin?nothing destroys as completely as self hate and self loathing
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by tutu1: 10:33pm On Sep 28, 2012
Nigeria should end diplomatic relationship with that country, Hissssssssss every country picks on Nigeria because of our lame politicians and bad foreign policy.
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by 2sexy(m): 10:37pm On Sep 28, 2012
I don't see anything wrong in the acts of the Saudi government.

Do those moronic left handed decaying brains think that everywhere is like Nigeria where there is no law?

To those who codemn this act portrayed my Saudi Arabia, may you rot in your made in Nigeria hell fire fuel with abysmal suffering, frustration, no costant power supply, boko haram bomb to your house,unemployment, insecurity,lack of good roads,poor health care. Mumu people.

F00ls dont know that the Saudi Arabia, the true home of Islam doesnt even practise terrorism or madness like all islam copycats we have around. When I think of Saudi Arabia, I have reasons to believe that Islam is truely a religion of peace--sentiment aside--except that the Islamic doctrine has been truncated and deformed for selfish reasons outside the kingdom
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by fortyfeet(m): 10:39pm On Sep 28, 2012
rajiade: The response of some pple to this issue has just confirmed that common sense is not common at all.

Do we have to make out religious issue out of every matter?, especially when it has to do with Muslims or Islam. Instead taking the matter as it ought to be taken (National issues that as to do laws of another land), some went straight to church to shout alelujahhhhhhhh.

I just can't imagine where this bigotry and sentimental attitude would lead us to in Nigeria.

Now what would you say about a similar issue that happened to christian pilgrims to Jerusalem where even Rev. Father and Priest where striped naked in detention for hours just because a law of the land (Israel) was faulted.
Does dat make those christians inferior to christians in Israel?

Nigerian pilgrims detained in Jerusalem
December 27, 2011 | 2:00 am
News By Emeka Mamah

Seven Nigerian pilgrims to Jerusalem,
including two priests and a woman, have
alleged poor treatment in the hands of Israeli
security operatives, saying they were unjustly
detained in prison for about 11 hours without
committing any offence.
The pilgrims said they arrived Tel Av-iv Airport
on December 15, from Rome where they were
arrested and put into a Black Maria on the
pretext that they entered Israel illegally.
According to one the returnees, Rev. Father Anthony Zakka, those detained included the Chaplain of the Government House, Adamawa State and Assistant Secretary of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, in the state, Rev. Mike Agbon and five other pilgrims, including a female official of the Kaduna State Christian Pilgrims Board.
Rev. Zakka said: “We left Rome on December
15 for Jerusalem (Israel). At 2.30a.m. Israeli
time, we were arrested. Six of us were men
with one woman, an official of Kaduna
Pilgrims Welfare Board.
“We were accused of entering Israel illegally
as, according to them, our names were not
among those sent by the Nigerian Christian
Pilgrims Commission, NCPC.
“Incidentally, while this was going on, NCPC
officials who were with us did not do
anything. They just walked away. This was at
the Bengurion Airport.
“They took us to prison after stripping us.
We were kept inside the prison with a Russian
who had already spent six days there.
“They took away our clothes and took the
woman to another section while they
separated the rest of us into two groups and
detained us separately.
“At 10a.m. I started banging on the door of
our prison cell but they ignored us. Later they
took us back to re-join the other pilgrims and
to continue with our religious duties.
“At the Ankalia Airport, Turkey, Nigerian
officials also dumped us there for five hours
without explaining what was wrong.
“These sorts of things should not happen in a
decent society.
“Some us who went for Jerusalem pilgrimage
add JP after their names, but for us you will
be free to call us Jerusalem Pilgrims Prisoner,
JPP,” Father Zakka added.
This is in no way a "national issue" how were they selected, I mean the national or constitutional reference to the selection process. It is entirely muslim matter. No religion in Nigeria is a national religion.

See me as a Nigerian and don't even care to know my religion. If you will care, only do so that you will know what you will not do to me.
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 28, 2012
tunde300us: Somehow i blame Nigerian officials for this disgrace,am sure the rule as to how to enter saudi arabia has been there since and yet flaut it and expect to use man no man or sentiment.The saudi officials obviouslt must have been warning their nigerian counterpart about this development but obviously they choose to do their bidding.

cowardice posting. Hinding behind NL to post rubish statement.
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by tintingz(m): 10:46pm On Sep 28, 2012
ehie: your "people"(arabs) are rejecting you,what r u going to,grovel,deny ur women and call them ashis?o black man who hates his skin?
my dear this not about skin hating. . .this is not the first time Nigeria muslims will go for hajj(pilgrime) in saudi arabia it is a duty that as been practice for the past centuries and Nigeria muslims were not deported cuz the LAW is flexible at that time. . .a muslim female must go with a male partner(muharram) buh right now i think they are strict on the LAW cuz this LAW is not NEW and do you know why?. . .many female didn't go there for hajj but for other things e.g ashi like you said grin
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by zaboy: 10:47pm On Sep 28, 2012
most ppl commenting here dont know the real issue.

As far back as Yar'adua's time, the saudi government communicated its concerns with nigeria pilgrims going to saudi arabia, especially women. Some of them abscond after the pilgrimage and resort to begging, stealing or some other bad things. The Saudi government told the nigerian government to take action. So i think they realized the gov did nothing, hence this deportation present dilemma. They are just using the "male-guardian" thing as a disguise, but ppl involved know what happening.

Cant blame the saudi government on this one.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wamakko To Jonathan: Resign And Apologise To Nigerians / Judges’ Trial Shifted As Aggrieved Litigants Flood DSS With Petitions / Peter Obi: Nig Did Not Achieve A Single Goal Of MDG Under PDP Govt Frm 2000_2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.