Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead (28797 Views)

Alhaji Gawat Is Still Missing A Year On / ALH ABDUL LATEEF ADEGBITE CON, PH.D; A Tragic Loss Of An Illustrious Exemplar / Why The Titles Alhaji And Alhaja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by lanseva: 6:10am On Sep 29, 2012
Innalilahi Wa ina Ilahi Rajiun.

May Allah forgive him and grant him Aljannah til firdaus as is final resting place.

This is a reminder for us all, for every human shall have a taste of death, and be returned to His creator Allah.

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by mrperfect(m): 6:14am On Sep 29, 2012
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by onatisi(m): 6:15am On Sep 29, 2012
tpia@:
Why not just ignore whatever you dont agree with and not allow the thread to be derailed.

People will post as they feel- if i remember correctly, when adedibu died there was nothing but curses upon curses and i didnt hear anybody complaining.

Not saying they're the same.
u have answered urself ,the situation arent the same.
someone just died and ppl are grieving at least in his family that they have lost someone dear and the next thing u hear from someone is he didnt give his life to jesus ,pls just answer how nice and comforting does that sound ?
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Nobody: 6:19am On Sep 29, 2012
Somex10202: So sad,and i heard him speak some few days back on inspiration fm about this saudi and nigeria haj wahala.May his gentle soul rest in peace.AMEN
hmm! You sure say no be the shock kill am? Na wa o! I just loved the man because he is a yoruba muslim.he really did loose weight cos I know he was fatter than this.o ma se o!
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Lawalluckyahoocom: 6:20am On Sep 29, 2012
He was d first president of MSSN. His contribution towards religious tolerance was tremendous. May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by tpia5: 6:20am On Sep 29, 2012
My post was meant for all, actually.

Everybody seems to be jumping on that one comment.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by sizzlers(m): 6:31am On Sep 29, 2012
Pukkah:

See the silly mentality of 'my religion is better than yours' at display. Some of you just like avoidable arguments by unChristianly' hurting the sensibilities of others.

This is one of my issues with over-religious, holier-than-thou Nigerians, both Christians and Muslims - a bunch of hypocritical and dogmatic people who vociferously profess one religion or the other at the drop of a hat but without anything to show for it in their habits, lifestyles and values.

On the contrary, you guys are experts at employing and deploying religion to divide yourselves. I wish you luck.

must you respond every comment!
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Ahmedie25(m): 6:35am On Sep 29, 2012
Why is it that some christian are so dual & stupid,if you can comment positevely pls leave this thread,Islam the true religion of God

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by personal59: 6:36am On Sep 29, 2012
Maxymilliano: Boko Haram just lost a rare gem.
d most senseless message I ever read on NL since the day I bcom a member. Grade A fool u av no life am sorry for u
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Nobody: 6:38am On Sep 29, 2012
sizzlers: must you respond every comment!

Yes sometimes it's better to respond to comments here not because you want to engage the irredeemable poster, but just to out rightly set record straight for some young Nairaland members that may not really know the truth from lies.

Some have made it a point of duty here to spread nothing but hatred and falsehood.

2 Likes

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by ibnquasale(m): 6:42am On Sep 29, 2012
[quote author=Pukkah]

See the silly mentality of 'my religion is better than yours' at display. Some of you just like avoidable arguments by 'unChristianly' hurting the sensibilities of others.

This is one of my issues with over-religious, holier-than-thou Nigerians, both Christians and Muslims - a bunch of hypocritical and dogmatic people who vociferously profess one religion or the other at the drop of a hat but without anything to show for it in their habits, lifestyles and values.

On the contrary, you guys are experts at employing and deploying religion to divide yourselves. I wish you luck.

[/quote

Kindly tell me difference between you and the guy now? you acted like a drunkard who uses lamp poles for support instead of illumination! and for ur info no amount of ur contemporary thinking can take away the TRUTH!!!
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by kemiola89(f): 6:43am On Sep 29, 2012
Indeed a great man! May Almighty Allah grant him jannatul firdaus.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by passionate88: 6:43am On Sep 29, 2012
Eyah... The man is dead.. Read an interview on d nation newspaper abt his by his young wife... Mayb na blow kpai d man... Shey na 4 9t dm say him die?... Safe journey man... U dn go 2 see d thing we debate most about on earth..
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by bisi16(m): 6:49am On Sep 29, 2012
warrior01: So this man ended up not dying a christian; may baba GOD have mercy on his soul
Are you normal??
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by riac(f): 6:54am On Sep 29, 2012
Soo sad,but wat can we do,cuz death is a must 4 each $ everyone of us,pray Allah spare him 4rm d wrath of grave $ grant him Aljannah Firdaus
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by justinceejay(m): 6:55am On Sep 29, 2012
may his gentle soul rest in peace...dat is all dat matas nw
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by sindyko(m): 6:56am On Sep 29, 2012
if u don't av any tact reply, must u share or post? Simple a man died then condole why racism of some1 belief. Do u av to interfere or intervent in som1 sacred, moreover, tink NL gives freedom of speech, though not to degrade or decline my belief or urs.

I Strongly believ my religion is betta dan urs. Why not stand for wat u stand for, why ar u peeping in my sacredness.

I urge Nairalanders pls let us b sensitive wen replyin on post, not retarded reply wich is out of topic.

May he's soul rest in perfect peace.

Those who lives in a glass houses, don't throw stone.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by true2god: 6:57am On Sep 29, 2012
If all muslims can be like Adegbite the world will be a better place.

2 Likes

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Caseless: 7:00am On Sep 29, 2012
warrior01: So this man ended up not dying a christian; may baba GOD have soul
I'm happy he died as a muslim and on a friday 2 b precised. Janat shal b his final abode insha-ALLAH! Atention seeker, do face ur religion nd let d dead rest

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 29, 2012
Inna lillahi Wa inna ilaihi Rajioon.

O Allaah, forgive and have mercy upon him, excuse him and pardon him, and make honorable his reception. Expand his entry, and cleanse him with water, snow, and ice, and purify him of sin as a white robe is purified of filth. Exchange his home for a better home, and his family for a better family, and his spouse for a better spouse. Admit him into the Garden, protect him from the punishment of the grave and the torment of the Fire.’

‘O Allaah, forgive our living and our dead, those present and those absent, our young and our old, our males and our females. O Allaah, whom amongst us You keep alive, then let such a life be upon Islaam, and whom amongst us You take unto Yourself, then let such a death be upon faith. O Allaah, do not deprive us of his reward and do not let us stray after him’.

‘O Allaah, so-and-so is under Your care and protection so protect him from the trial of the grave and torment of the Fire. Indeed You are faithful and truthful. Forgive and have mercy upon him, surely You are The Oft-Forgiving, The Most-Merciful’.

‘O Allaah, Your servant and the son of Your maidservant is in need of Your mercy and You are without need of his punishment. If he was righteous then increase his reward and if he was wicked then look over his sins

6 Likes

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Jarus(m): 7:04am On Sep 29, 2012
Inna lilahi wa inna ilaehi rajiuna. The death of Dr AbdulLateef Adegbite is clearly a great loss to Nigerian Muslim community. Raised and schooled in a generation where you had to change your name and faith before being admitted to school, yet dogged in acquiring western scholarship at the time without shedding Islam. Going on to be a pillar and respected voice of Islam in Nigeria for more than 50 years. No doubt this man was an asset to the ummah. I hope Boko Haram and others who subscribe to violence and reject western education can learn a lesson on how education and advocacy, as opposed to force, can be a tool for the propagation of the deen. We pray Allah accept Dr's soul into Aljannah.

4 Likes

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by ajila03(m): 7:06am On Sep 29, 2012
From You we come and unto You shall we return.May Allah forgive him and grant him paradise.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by abdulkayus(m): 7:06am On Sep 29, 2012
@OP, innalillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun, may Allah grant him Aljanna firdausi, and wen ours come, may we die as true muslims, amin summa amin
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by saudatu(m): 7:08am On Sep 29, 2012
Maxymilliano: Boko Haram just lost a rare gem.
Guy u be ba ankalli!
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by sindyko(m): 7:09am On Sep 29, 2012
Kenistry:
all dis jst because he said d truth?
D Truth is actually bitter to folks like ya.

i don't c any reasonable or robust factual in ur post. U dont knw wat u wrote guy. Religion whose comprises and testify all scripture which i blief in.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by mshd5: 7:10am On Sep 29, 2012
warrior01: So this man ended up not dying a christian; may baba GOD have mercy on his soul
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by teniyi(m): 7:13am On Sep 29, 2012
From Him we come and unto Him we shall return. May Allah grant you aljannaa, My Beloved Dr Adegbite
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by cutekonkolo(f): 7:13am On Sep 29, 2012
[quote author=Mr.chippychappy]

You are so stupid for believing that all muslims are members of Boko haram, idiots
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by FindOut(m): 7:18am On Sep 29, 2012
We keep telling you that Islam has been misconstrued, you keep telling us it is not so. An analogy is like me telling you i was born on the 1st of February (01/02/1900), showing you my birth certificate along with oral confirmations from my parents & family members to prove it, only for you to come up with anoda birth certificate (a fake, but u insist its original) stating my DOB as 2nd of January (02/01/1900), along with a statement from a supposed doctor at the hospital i was delivered. Pray tell, who is likely to be right?

Islam is peaceful, however odd that may sound to you. If you want to know what islam is all about, dont believe some drivel based on some misquoted verses or outright malicious publications by many who openly HATE Islam for some reason. Yes, many have been misguided & its up to us muslims to reeducate them, using the very same text they've been brainwashed with. We are doing that already. Thank you. Lemme not derail the thread

The main gist of ur comment is quite appreciated tho, coz while i wouldnt really blame SOME people who do not like islam (tho i'll still enjoin them to learn more & get things right), it takes an at least OK cheesy non-muslim to acknowledge the fact that a muslim leader practiced Islam well. Though, note that the Qur'an and the Bible have a lot of teachings in common. Teachings which sadly, a lot of muslims & xtians (both leaders and followers) fail to live by.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Snoop Dogg And Ice Cube Joined Islam / Lodge Your Complaints Here / #EndSARS: Protests, Demonstrations And Civil Disobedience In The Light Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.