Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Different Feelings For Different Cultures? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Different Feelings For Different Cultures? (1455 Views)

Yoruba, Igbo, Edo & America: Couple Showcase Four Cultures In Photoshoot / When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't / My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Different Feelings For Different Cultures? by dJOozz(m): 1:41pm On Jan 16, 2008
[b][/b]When a white man(myself) has loving feelings for a (black)women he expresses this by looking into her eyes whispering sweet words,carressing her making her feel very good and relax,massaging her were she likes it,making her feel very comfortable;COMMUNICATING; trying to understand her and holding her hand (to begin with ) convincing her of u'r love and so inviting her for a candelight diner be romantic and through; be yousself ;don't play acts.
My question is:how do black cultured women expresses there feelings??
I have the impression that they don't want to be looked into there eyes,is this right??,,
Re: Different Feelings For Different Cultures? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 16, 2008
my guy, i dont know what what u r talking about. did u know that blacks gave meaning to romance? even b4 they gave meaning to romance, did u know africans romanced their women. well, not in those ways thats u have mentioned but in other typical afro-centric ways.

shall i give exaples?, huh
Re: Different Feelings For Different Cultures? by dJOozz(m): 2:32pm On Jan 16, 2008
Typical afro-centric ways what's that?
Re: Different Feelings For Different Cultures? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 16, 2008
it means the typical african tradtion. our way of life. not the civilised or funkified african tradition
Re: Different Feelings For Different Cultures? by OyinboNo1(m): 4:04pm On Jan 16, 2008
women are women. Belgian chicks can be hard to understand too I'm sure. I know French are. how did you meet her? are you guys both based in Belgium? how does she act with you around her friends? If you call and ask her to come over does she come straight away? Observe more how she acts, rather than what she says. If she genuinely doesn't like looking you in the eye it's not a great sign, but you hang out with her, and have to pick up on the signals. Good luck.
Re: Different Feelings For Different Cultures? by OyinboNo1(m): 4:10pm On Jan 16, 2008
ok, just spoken with a nigerian female friend and it may well be her culture not to be how we'd describe romantic (i.e. tenderness, touchy-feely). That's not my experience with naija babes though. Let us know how it goes?
Re: Different Feelings For Different Cultures? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 16, 2008
there are definatley cultural differences when it comes to romance and what is expected or what is considered romantic; i mean there are differences in other areas so why not when it comes to love?

i dont know about any nigerian cultural differences (am a white chic) but i live in hawaii and here white ppl are in the minority. there are sooo many ppl from different countries and places, it is a total cultural shock. just something as simple as looking at a person in the eyes is rude in some cultures.
Re: Different Feelings For Different Cultures? by uspry1(f): 8:43am On Jan 17, 2008
@poster

I do not know about African/Nigerian women to express their romantic feeling! The way I notice that some Nigerian women don't speak up when it comes to romantic or sexually even communication due to lack of expertise that field.

For me as black American, I do normally expressed my romantic feeling toward to white guy the same way as black guy equally. I loved to hear white guy's love expression that was SO ROMANTICALLY and patience with me to have fun.

But from my own experiences in dating, white guy is more romantically, showing real appreciated and generous than black guy. Pretty almost similar to this movie called "Something New".

Keep in mind that most black American guys do not feel comfortable with dating deaf black American women like me, specifically hearing, not deaf.

Ironically, white guys ARE SURE DEFINITELY dating deaf black American women. I do not understand what wrong with black American guys at all! I got the answered from other forum discussion as well as had interviewed in 1990s by black female hearing journalist for African-American magazine that she sought all deaf black people in the US.
Re: Different Feelings For Different Cultures? by uspry1(f): 8:50am On Jan 17, 2008
I grew up enrolling to white denominated city hearing public school all my life until transfered to deaf state school institute/residential/boarding that was my first culture shocks seeing different races from all over US.

I used to be "rural/country" girl transforming into urbanized lady. Just like I say depend on women's background to be familarized with white culture like I do.

Mine, blend with deaf culture, white culture, black culture, and new Nigeria culture (now i study for one year).

(1) (Reply)

The Ultimate Test Of True Love! / Please Advise My Fellow Nairalanders / Dating A Virgin; Profit Or Loss 4 D Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.