Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha (19688 Views)

Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam / Ex-governor, Fashola Denies Fathering Twins With Government Worker / Fashola Denies Deportation Allegation At Meeting With Igbo Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by ACM10: 11:05am On Sep 30, 2012
naptu2: Finally! I said it on the other thread (going to search for the post) why the emphasis on Fashola?

1) The law was enacted in 2003 (before Fashola became governor).

2) It has not been proven that people were "deported" as opposed to being returned.

3) Fashola would probably not know about each individual case because there are agencies that handle these cases (in the same way he wouldn't know about each case that lastma handles, or about each person that is prosecuted under Lagos State laws).

Another shameless hypocrite is trying to spin the shameful action with English. Pls what is the difference between "deported" and "returned"? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by DuduNegro: 11:06am On Sep 30, 2012
Billionaire,

Lagos had been as Yoruba as Yoruba can be Lagos and as far back into the Awori foothold.

The ownership of property by ibos in territories outside of iboland is an issue for ibos to struggle with....thats not Yoruba headache if you want to buy land and erect mansions in the entire Lekki peninsula while we all remain a country. It will be our headache when we no longer cohabit under the same sovereingty as to what to do with these properties and the ownership. Until that time....we dont care. The buildings cannot walk. ..Itherefore their owners are under a bind to the land on which the property stand. I will halt on that topic.

How do you know who owns Lagos? Simply look in the elite group and the ruling class as well the culture.

All the Obas and Chiefs are Yoruba
All the elected officials are Yoruba
All the LGAs are Yoruba names
Yoruba is the only Nigerian tongue used in House of Assembly
All the wards registered with the council of Obas are Yoruba

....i dont know how else to tell you that whether you like it or not, each ibo man that buys land and build property in Lagos is indirectly signing a committment to develop and contribute to Yoruba progress.

8 Likes

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by naptu2: 11:12am On Sep 30, 2012
My views on this matter.

1) I'm in full support of reforms of the environmental sanitation laws (since I've been one of the biggest critics of past environmental sanitation policies (or lack of such policies).

2) I'm in full support of the rehabilitation, repatriation, jail options (since I've been one of the biggest critics of the practice of sending offenders directly to jail, they should be given another chance to have a better life).

3) I'm dead set against deportation (which would be a violation of the fundamental rights of the people involved).

It's unfortunate that emotions have taken over people,n such that they've not been able to reason things through.

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by M17: 11:16am On Sep 30, 2012
cool cool cool cool cool cool
cool cool cool cool
8 cool cool cool
) cool cool cool cool cool
cool cool cool cool
cool cool cool cool cool
cool cool cool cool cool cool
grin grin grin
grin grin grin
grin grin grin

TO YORUBA COMMUNITY IN NAIRALAND YORUBALAND ETHNIC LAND ,STOP ETHNIC PROFILE ON IGBO;S YORUBA shocked HATE MAGGOT'S
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by DuduNegro: 11:21am On Sep 30, 2012
ujchief:
wat an irony! The governor has a wierd way of showing how welcoming Lagos is.
If hes proud of his actions, why is he denying it? Cant he man up and stand on what he did, giving reasons to justify his actions?
Pathetic hypocrites!
Nanscenze!

...why arent the hausas upset with Fashola
Why arent middle beltes upset with fashola
Why there are different Nigerians in Lagos and they are not treated better or worse than ibos but in all cases ibos are the ones bitter and wishing bad on fashola?

Its not the governor....everybody love him except ibos

I dont blame you, the governor has been too generous....waaaay too generous. You all forgot when Tinubu was there. Dont worry, we heard your complaints about fashola loud and clear. Thank God this is his last term....we shall give you a response in the next governor. After the next gubernatorial you will hear us as loud as we hear you now.

...just dont forget, mother of wetie awaits you if ACN fails to win the land. The sooner you start campaigning for ACN the bettr for you and your properties on the ocean front

2 Likes

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 30, 2012
when the ogun state govt was denying fulani herdsmen their constitutional right to travel the country some of you here were shouting their praises from the rooftops. Now that an equally illegal action has been taken against your tribesmen you all scream bloody murder. You need to make up your minds.

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by DuduNegro: 11:30am On Sep 30, 2012
I will be back later....
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by gboso: 11:30am On Sep 30, 2012
How on earth wil fashola agree on his evil did wen dey are indirectly telling every body 2 go back 2 his father land.all I knw is dat we must survive
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by wolebaba(m): 11:33am On Sep 30, 2012
I need answers to d following b4 I take a stand:
1. Did Obi call Fashola immediately d issue was discovered, or he deliberately wait till dey got to d
Govs forum?

2. Which operatives of the LASG carried out the act?

3. Who are these refugees truly. Am doubting dey r Nigerians, we are much more resilient dan dis. How much is bus from Onisha to Lagos?

4. Why r dey still in a refugee camp afta 4 days.

Someone plz provide answers to d above den we can pick it up from there.
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by gboso: 11:36am On Sep 30, 2012
Y do u people hate igbos dis way,wat wrong have igbos done 2 their fellow Nigerians wen u ppl said we r one Nigeria.jux listen 2 ursef.u r nofin but Bingo.

Dudu_Negro: Why did Obi not complain about the deportation of gainfully employed Anambras from Abia but will shamefully not only protest deportation of jobless hooligans but also write petition to Gej demanding intervention?

Whose interest should a governor push....lawfull citizens denied livelihoods or lawless criminals denied opportunities?

Obi need to get his prioprities right and act like a governor, not like a local govt chairman. ....he needs to grow up!
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by jason123: 11:40am On Sep 30, 2012
I just don't get what the big deal is with Igbos and Lagos. Fulanis were not allowed to enter Ogun state, everyone rejoiced. The same is carried out in Lagos state, you all are shouting like starving kids. Even if its a state directive, the same was carried out to people of other ethnic groups including Yorubas from other states and there were no complains but since its igbo, everyone must hear! You internet gangsters are just too noisy.

When elrufai deported some Hausas from the FCT, you all were ecstatic n shouted 'almajiris'. Please enjoy the policy. Anambra should please deport Lagosians too. Shikena!

Or you all think owning a property means indigenship? If that was the case, Fulanis should own more than half of Jos!
I wish my state can do something similar!

Abegi, Fashola carry go. Deport the JJCs and leave the Lagos Igbos alone, those ones are productive. The JJCs are the street hawkers, robbers etc... And please look into FESTAC Town, the crime wave (blood money n robbery as the case of Cynthia) there is on the rise and its almost Christmas, they need money to show off to there friends and family in the village!

Thanks Mr governor!

2 Likes

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by KAYZZZZZZZ: 11:40am On Sep 30, 2012
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by conyema12(m): 11:51am On Sep 30, 2012
Dudu_Negro: Its been what...., three or four days now and these people are still in a refugee shelter in Anambra. What doea that say abiut these people and the government of Anambra?

The people are homeless and dont have homes to go even on their own soil otherwise they should have left refugee shelter and go home. If their own soil have no home for them then they should become responsibility of the FG, not of Lagos State. Their people dont want to go get them.....their govt has no alternative mean of support for them beside keeping them in shelter and making a news mockery of them to stoke emotions.....FG has not stepped in to help them....but every mtthrfvkng ibo baboon is blaming Lagos State.....a forein land where these do no good parambulators were deported from.

If Obi is happy keepig them in shelter and other SE state govs dont have a problem with....and Gej has no means of supportbfor them....then why should Fashola loose his sleep?

for writing this trash I consider you as a goat. Otherwise i dnt see a normal person reasoning this way.
Big fooool.

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Fashola has actually done nothing positive in his second term than madness and mayhem. I am not proud of him.
Gbam! I wonder why he didn't act like this in his first tenure.

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by Classicalman(m): 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Your case is simply a sad one.

Keep projecting your fear to the Yorubas. Igbos fear Yoruba like no man's business.
Yeah. They fear them. Same way some cowardly yoruba Generals shit in their pants and prostrated before a common Major during d Abacha era.

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by mapet: 12:52pm On Sep 30, 2012
Oga Dudu_Negro

I think you're speaking too much queens English. Let's tell it in simple terms

1. Anybody coming to Lagos without any means of livelihood, proposed decent business ventures or job offer is coming to add to the burden on Lagos State. They also pose security risk to lives and properties. A large chunk of Agberos are from other states. There is a notorious "Ajagun Gbale" in Ikorodu, leading cult gangs to forcefully takeover properties. That guy's root was traced to Kwara State. There is an Ibo guy that was once a leader of a faction of Area boys in Oshodi. The Hausa Community in Mile12 have always been menace and anytime there is dispute, they do unimaginable thing. Was it not once it was reported that the Hausa youth during a fight with OPC that they were loosing, went into a private primary school and killed schoo kids.......and many more untold stories. Which governor in his right senses will not do something about it.

2. Has Fashola gone to any bank, any university/Politechnic/Secondary School, any artisan workshop, Alaba, Ladipo etc to evict Igbos? If those alledgedly picked are street hawkers, urchins etc then it is for the common good.

3. For those saying Lagos is no man's land, that has been the height of self deceit. I am a Yoruba and Lagos is not my Land. There were areas in Lagos that had predated even the coming of the whitemen. These people had ansestors who had forms of government/Kings. These people have offsprings that are still owning royal stools, lands and heritages. That you came to do business and live in Lagos, definetly does not make Lagos a no man's land. Are places like Newyork, Milan, Dubai, Madrid, Mumbai, Tokyo etc no man's land

4. It is grossly unfair, when some people pay taxes that are used to develop the state and some in question not only do not pay taxes but become a heavy burden on those that do. A lot of Igbo men in Lagos have decent means of livelihood and pay taxes. Why will someone leave the village all in the name of coming to Lagos to hustle, no accomodation, no means of livelihood? Just like people travel abroad and roam the streets. No wonder we keep hearing tales of Nigerians in diaspora in one cases of fraud or the other; our brothers are noted for drugs in South Africa, fraud in UK, Trafficking in Italy......

5. For those who are alleging Fashola fearing of Igbos, this is the height of stupidity. Was it not recently, an easter governor packed Fulani herdsmens in a concentration camp in preparation for onward deportation? Was it of fear as well?

6. Let's get something clear. If some people consistute threat and nuisance, they deserve to be evicted. I have my "omo Ilu oke" (where I come from) brothers constituting nuisance as area boys as well. Those are the ones deported to Ogun and Oyo State and I dare say rightly so.....
Dudu_Negro:

I disagree.

The law of Lagos State protects the law abiding people in that state against threats and nuisance in the community. The task force agents are empowered to raid and remove destitutes that run away or avoid govt rehabilitation programs.

I started a post few months ago....i think around June/July....in an attempt to demistify the constiution. Many Nigerians have no ground understanding of the constitution. People that despise Nigeria and cant reapect what it stands for are qjick to run and grab the constitution for shelter when their civic relationship is questioned. The constitution is the new new manuscript. In ancient times, scrolls and manuscripts were written in crypted language to befuddle the ordinary citizen so that the more he struggles against authority the deeper he gives them cause and reaaon to entrench control over his life. It is absolutely imperative that every citizen understand the constiution....not just read it but be able to interpree its intent and spirit.

On this deportation issue....i cannot speak for other states deportig non indigenes for other reasons.....but in the case of Lagos state, the govt , by invoking its statute and promise to protect lives and property of innocent and law abiding citizens, has acted in concordance with the provisions of the constitution of Nigeria.

Cosmic liberty is in accord with land covenants and a function of nativity to land. I dont know qhere you got this idea that freedom of rights in a constitution can be equated to cosmic benevolence......the two are separate and irreconciliable.

Cosmic benevolence is in synch wih customary laws, not democratic constitutions.

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by Sweetnecta: 12:54pm On Sep 30, 2012
why would any nigerian be 'returned' or deported within nigeria? whose land is it but nigerians land and these 'poor' people are part of the nigerians? fashola, a muslim has no right to ignore sharia in the way of caring for the poor. do they have to have yoruba names before he realizes that not only that they belong but it is his duty as leader of the people to show mercy and compassion.

i blame more the federal government which only collects and fleeces and does no investment and foster togetherness of the citizenry. its shameful all around, both at national and state levels. no wonder we see the divisions among the people.

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by Classicalman(m): 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

I disagree.

The law of Lagos State protects the law abiding people in that state against threats and nuisance in the community. The task force agents are empowered to raid and remove destitutes that run away or avoid govt rehabilitation programs.

I started a post few months ago....i think around June/July....in an attempt to demistify the constiution. Many Nigerians have no ground understanding of the constitution. People that despise Nigeria and cant reapect what it stands for are qjick to run and grab the constitution for shelter when their civic relationship is questioned. The constitution is the new new manuscript. In ancient times, scrolls and manuscripts were written in crypted language to befuddle the ordinary citizen so that the more he struggles against authority the deeper he gives them cause and reaaon to entrench control over his life. It is absolutely imperative that every citizen understand the constiution....not just read it but be able to interpree its intent and spirit.

On this deportation issue....i cannot speak for other states deportig non indigenes for other reasons.....but in the case of Lagos state, the govt , by invoking its statute and promise to protect lives and property of innocent and law abiding citizens, has acted in concordance with the provisions of the constitution of Nigeria.

Cosmic liberty is in accord with land covenants and a function of nativity to land. I dont know qhere you got this idea that freedom of rights in a constitution can be equated to cosmic benevolence......the two are separate and irreconciliable.

Cosmic benevolence is in synch wih customary laws, not democratic constitutions.
Oh shut dat buccal cavity of yours already. Who even told you that Yorubas or any tribe for that matter own Lagos? In case u havent noticed, Lagos is a former capital. Developed with resources from other regions. Kapish?

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by T9ksy(m): 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2012
Classicalman: Yeah. They fear them. Same way some cowardly yoruba Generals shit in their pants and prostrated before a common Major during d Abacha era.

If you and your ilk truly believe your baseless asertion above, what then is stopping you ibos from directly fighting the

yorubas, for Lagos? Afterall, yorubas are cowards. So it should be a walk in the park for you gallant warriors.

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by QueenAw(f): 12:58pm On Sep 30, 2012
LMAO

The way some Christians abuse Muslims on the deportation from Saudi Arabia threads was pathetic to say the least..

MEANWHILE CHRISTIANS ARE BEING DEPORTED FROM NIGERIA TO NIGERIA IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!! grin grin grin

Choi, odikwa serious, odikwa delicate matter!!

LESSON LEARNT- Bad things/situations can befall anyone, irrespective of race, religion, tribe etc!

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by MrGlobe(m): 1:04pm On Sep 30, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Stop making up your own facts if you want to be taken seriously. The notion that 80% of the deportees are not Igbos is very significant and if true, Obi should have made that a major talking point because not doing so would make Obi, senseless, incompetent, and a dummy - I'm sure that is not what you are implying.

@sheyuy, According to the story posted by the OP, Obi was said to have confronted Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, at the Governors’ Forum parley on the deportation issue. The Lagos governor was said to have denied knowledge of this.
so you didnt read from the article where it clearly stated majority of those deported are not from Anambra and investigations were still ongoing
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by redsun(m): 1:04pm On Sep 30, 2012
If this actually happened,it is a blantant act of secesion,an act of saying we are not together any more.And an act of treason in a functional system.

What is going on in nigeria?Why cant we just say we are not together anymore,sort it amicably and still co-exist.

2 Likes

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by strangest(m): 1:05pm On Sep 30, 2012
If Fashola actually did something like that, then why is he denying it?

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by Classicalman(m): 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2012
T9ksy:

If you and your ilk truly believe your baseless asertion above, what then is stopping you ibos from directly fighting the

yorubas, for Lagos? Afterall, yorubas are cowards. So it should be a walk in the park for you gallant warriors.
I'll answer your question with one sentence. Yorobbers don't own Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by Ngodigha: 1:12pm On Sep 30, 2012
Dudu_Negro: Billionaire,

Lagos had been as Yoruba as Yoruba can be Lagos and as far back into the Awori foothold.

The ownership of property by ibos in territories outside of iboland is an issue for ibos to struggle with....thats not Yoruba headache if you want to buy land and erect mansions in the entire Lekki peninsula while we all remain a country. It will be our headache when we no longer cohabit under the same sovereingty as to what to do with these properties and the ownership. Until that time....we dont care. The buildings cannot walk. ..Itherefore their owners are under a bind to the land on which the property stand. I will halt on that topic.

How do you know who owns Lagos? Simply look in the elite group and the ruling class as well the culture.

All the Obas and Chiefs are Yoruba
All the elected officials are Yoruba
All the LGAs are Yoruba names
Yoruba is the only Nigerian tongue used in House of Assembly
All the wards registered with the council of Obas are Yoruba

....i dont know how else to tell you that whether you like it or not, each ibo man that buys land and build property in Lagos is indirectly signing a committment to develop and contribute to Yoruba progress.
All the obas and chiefs are not yoruba. Stop lying. A lot of them are not yorubas but Egun ethnic nation.
Not all elected officials are Yoruba.
Everything you wrote here is rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by ACM10: 1:14pm On Sep 30, 2012
strangest: If Fashola actually did something like that, then why is he denying it?

Thank you! You see eh, I have problem with sissies. I don't know why Fashola failed to man-up and claim responsibility for his action. I hate anyone that plays hide-n-seek.

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by strangest(m): 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2012
strangest: If Fashola actually did something like that, then why is he denying it?

its only a dog that can swallow its vomit...

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by MrGlobe(m): 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2012
I dont even have to quote that dumbo dudu negro that has exchanged his brain for Amala.

First of all, this is a Lagos issue and not a Yoruba matter so Yoruba people should back off to their caves.

Fashola has shown how corny he is. His action is a threat to national security. How can you pack a bunch of people and send them to a state that is not theirs because you want to drive them away from lagos? we also have non anambra people in onitsha and nobody is worried about them. The fact that federal govt money was used to turn lagos to the commercial hub it is gives every nigerian equal rights in lagos just as abuja. Fashola should concentrate on governance and not cosmetic deception.

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by nduchucks: 1:18pm On Sep 30, 2012
Mr. Globe:

so you didnt read from the article where it clearly stated majority of those deported are not from Anambra and investigations were still ongoing

Majority = 51%, 65% 80%, 99%, or

If 80% of those deported to the East were non Igbos, Obi would have made that very clear. Since he didn't do that, where did you get your 80% from?
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by naptu2: 1:19pm On Sep 30, 2012
ACM10:

Another shameless hypocrite is trying to spin the shameful action with English. Pls what is the difference between "deported" and "returned"? undecided

Ugh! This would mean I'll have to quote all my posts on this subject (hint: one is voluntary, the other isn't). Anyway, I will, cos it's worth it.
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by ichidodo: 1:19pm On Sep 30, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Fashola is not serious.He should have sent these SOBS to ivory coast,their ancestral home.
NAINJA IS OUR HOMELAND. YIRIBA PRICK AND WHETHER U LIKE IT OR NOT WE SHALL FLOCK TO AND POPULATE LAGOS. YIRIBA PEOPLE R BASTARDS WHO HAVE NO SHAME, ENVIOUS PEOPLE WHO DONT WISH THEMSELVES WELL, WE, THE REFUGEE IGBOS DONT GIVE A RAT'S A55 ABOUT THE YIRIBAS. THE FURCKERS R TOO LAZY,ARCHAIC,DIRTY AND SLEAZY. WE OWN LAGOS, IF U DEPORT 1 , U GET 10. YIRIBAS SHOULD PARK WELL CUZ WE.THE IGBOS R AL UP HERE IN THIS MODAFURCKA! FURCK ODMUMUDWA, FARCK AWO-OLE, FARK M.K.O, FARK Tinubu, FARCK FASHOLA, FARK WHITE BIAAAAATCH-SHYTE, FARCK (NAIRA?:YORUBALAND .FARCK U AL YIRIBA PRICKS.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Hurriedly Flown To Germany / Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala / El Rufai In Court To Sue The Union Over Report Of Declaration Of Assets..photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.