Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,451 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November (18537 Views)

Projects Commissioned By Governor Ayodele Fayose Today (photos) / Delta State Governor's Lodge In Lagos Commissioned By Uduaghan (photos) / Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 02, 2012
can someone tell me what bola ahmed Tinubu did in 8 years if being the governor of Lagos state? this is fashola's 5th year in office and he has done so much already with more to come
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by deshclones(m): 7:49pm On Oct 02, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a person!

Where is the thread you were asking if you should date a girl because she has a third class? grin

The thread you were lambasted like a pure person. grin

O boy find the thread nah...shey na u dey find am...go collect am nah...old arsed man behaving like a kid..d only 35yr old dat takes pics in reflected lifts...phew..go tk ur medications like ur other half callotti...I talk to reasonable peeps..not some deranged 35yr old.
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by Sagamite(m): 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2012
deshclones:

O boy find the thread nah...shey na u dey find am...go collect am nah...old arsed man behaving like a kid..d only 35yr old dat takes pics in reflected lifts...phew..go tk ur medications like ur other half callotti...I talk to reasonable peeps..not some deranged 35yr old.

person! grin grin grin grin grin

So I humiliated you enough to the point you begged Seun to delete it?

ROFLMAO!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Okay, you are now my epic story for intellectual slaughtering. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by deshclones(m): 8:06pm On Oct 02, 2012
Sagamite:

person! grin grin grin grin grin

So I humiliated you enough to the point you begged Seun to delete it?

ROFLMAO!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Okay, you are now my epic story for intellectual slaughtering. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Where is ur deranged twin callotti?..
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by 76Naira(m): 9:15pm On Oct 02, 2012
400 Naira per trip across the bridge.
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by Jarus(m): 10:32pm On Oct 02, 2012
meksroland: With all those money made in Lagos state, are we suppose to be celebrating?? How about Ejigbo and other places? The difference between Lagos and other states is just that Fashola receives too much press praise and being favoured by dem also. Amechi still remains the best gov cos u don't experience flood anywhere in PH now cos he constructed deep underground gutters. Fashola is working as far as press is concerned
I beg to disagree. Most of the people that praise Fashola in the media are independent reviewers like myself that don't know him, but just sent an article to newspaper yesterday commending him. While other states spend huge fortune on PR. You only send good product. I laugh looking at Uduaghan and his Kangol on ChannelsTV rolling out his fictional achievements.

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by mapet: 10:48pm On Oct 02, 2012
...then find another route or trek thru it, since toll will not be charged for that. It is not compulsory you take the bridge.....mscheeeww
amaba: I hope it is not another money making road. I don tire 2 pay 240 on toll everyday despite the fact i pay tax. by december i will be paying 480 everyday on toll gate
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by mapet: 10:51pm On Oct 02, 2012
I wonder why people tell bare-faced lies on NL. My Boss just returned from PH and was came with tales of flood apart from deart of noticabel impact.....
tunde300us: @ meksroland : Am sure u dont live in PH,two days ago the whole of the 2nd artillery on the ABA road was flooded and no car could even pass through,and yet u say PH is not always flooded.I laugh in IKWERE grin
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by mapet: 11:03pm On Oct 02, 2012
Afolabs101: They are going to toll the heck out of this road! They've already built the toll booths at the Lekki side of the bridge.

Is the tax + federal allocation fashola's collecting not enough to provide roads and bridges? If not, can the state govt not borrow to fund projects like this?

I'm willing to bet that the capital cost of the bridge + interest on funds borrowed to construct it can be taken care of from the state's recurrent expenditure.

Don't get me wrong, fashola is a good governor but I think that because are expectations are so low that someone who does the bare minimum is hailed undecided

Bros,

Think it is more of reasoning capacity being so low on NL and the virus having gone viral.
1. You'll need to support your assession on the capital cost and interest on funds borrowed being taken care of by state's recurrent account. What is the Capital cost+Interest? Is it sensible to belabour the state expenditure on one bridge as if that is what Lagos expenses is all about. Have you thought of it that Lagos State should be considering venturing into underground rail projects in the nearest few years.....
2. I thought simple reasoning tells you that a typical project like roads starts depreciating as soon as the first vehicle passes thru. Have you thought of managing and maintaining the road?
3. Do you imagine that the road if well managed will be an additional source of revenue? Thank God it is not concessioned. Do you know revenue can be made from tolls, adverts, telecoms fibre cables etc?
4. These things are pretty standard in developed countries yet we make unnecessary cries here. You have places in London where driving your car thru town (old road probably built post WW2) you pay, public car parks where you pay as much as $100, yet people have found their convenient level and things move orderly.
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by mapet: 11:40pm On Oct 02, 2012
You know what, Do you have legs?? or better still ask an okada to take you to his house, then ask him.....
toba: can someone tell me what bola ahmed Tinubu did in 8 years if being the governor of Lagos state? this is fashola's 5th year in office and he has done so much already with more to come
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by mapet: 11:41pm On Oct 02, 2012
Bros,

See how you skillfully turned logic on its head
one_man: This shows clearly that GEJ is working. Lagos, Edo, Rivers, Enugu, Calabar, Akwa Ibom is atleast developing their state. If other governors will follow this developmental stride, the much soughted development will be achieved in no distance time. We are all Nigerians let us see this achievement as Nigerians and not partisan or tribal views.
Remain bless...
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by olivertwist: 12:27am On Oct 03, 2012
toba: can someone tell me what bola ahmed Tinubu did in 8 years if being the governor of Lagos state? this is fashola's 5th year in office and he has done so much already with more to come

My brother, take it or leave it, you know, without Tinubu, there won't be Oshiomole, Fashola, Amosun, Aregbesola, Fayemi and Ajimobi. And if these governors don't exist then, no one will be talking about their achievements in the first place. E.g Without Tinubu, there's no Fashola which equals to, no Ikoyi bridge (the first in West and East Africa. grin grin grin

So give credit to who credit is due

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by VolvoS60(m): 4:30am On Oct 03, 2012
Meanwhile, Hitech's construction of the lekki-epe expressway remains a study in how NOT to build a road. Poor design and inexcusable delays compounded by shockingly poor traffic management by LASTMA. And the LASG remains indifferent.

Some good has been done by the Fashola administration. But it has failed to deliver on several other fronts - the lekki-epe expressway is a clear example. The adulation by his supporters is not helping matters.

Speak truth to power.
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 03, 2012
VolvoS60: Meanwhile, Hitech's construction of the lekki-epe expressway remains a study in how NOT to build a road. Poor design and inexcusable delays

Hitech : Lebanese
J Berger : German
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by CyberG: 7:30am On Oct 03, 2012
solomon111: yes,i am amused by the fact, that his statement was liked by his fellow yorobbers.
Fool.

Your generation and everyone to the last man is a FOOL! No wonder your genes are caused! Tribalistic bastardo.
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by Ann77: 9:07am On Oct 03, 2012
have your toll fees ready after the commissioning ooo grin
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by stepone(m): 10:42am On Oct 03, 2012
Paentera:

Chief, the main aim for the tolls is to tax those who use that route to make money. So if you're one of those who drive from home to work and back every week day, you really need to evaluate your need for that vehicle - is it cost effective? With BRT buses dotting every part of the metropole, I invite you to give public transportation a trial so you save that N500 daily which you can use at weekends when you use your vehicle for leisure purposes.

Very good comment

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by eaglechild: 8:57pm On Oct 03, 2012
olivertwist:

My brother, take it or leave it, you know, WITHOUT TINUBU, there won't be Oshiomole, Fashola, Amosun, Aregbesola, Fayemi and Ajimobi. And if these governors don't exist then, no one will be talking about their achievements in the first place. E.g Without Tinubu, there's no Fashola which equals to, no Ikoyi bridge (the first in West and East Africa. grin grin grin

So give credit to who credit is due

What a warped way of reasoning!
Next u'll say without Tinubu there will be no LIFE.
Sometimes i just wonder who shld bear the larger blame our greedy and corrupt leaders or the MORONIC, HYPNOTIZED, ZOMBIE followers.
Why dont u mould him infront of ur house and worship him every morning because he created Fashola who built a bridge.
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by preshuspee: 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a person!

Your brain is worthless! grin grin grin

STOP FIGHTING OOO!!!! grin U PIPU CAN ABUSEE!!! CHEI
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by GAR3TH(m): 5:35pm On Oct 16, 2012
Courtesy of Ari Photography

Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by Horus(m): 11:49pm On Nov 08, 2012

Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by geeez: 6:12am On Nov 09, 2012
Now that's what we are talking about grin

Up Next

The 22km 10 lane Lagos-Badagry Expressway with BRT lanes and Rail Lines

Coming Soon

The SW rail network, linking all SW states

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wike Addresses Protesting Foreign Scholarship Beneficiaries In London (Photos) / Osinbajo, Ministers To Ride On Lagos-ibadan Train Next Month / Abaribe, Nnia Nwodo, Jim Nwobodo, SE Governors, Others Have Close Door Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.