Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November (18527 Views)

Projects Commissioned By Governor Ayodele Fayose Today (photos) / Delta State Governor's Lodge In Lagos Commissioned By Uduaghan (photos) / Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by amaba: 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2012
I hope it is not another money making road. I don tire 2 pay 240 on toll everyday despite the fact i pay tax. by december i will be paying 480 everyday on toll gate
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by sammhi(m): 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2012
Oga Fasola, am one of your critics but you scored high on this. i must say am immpresssed sir.
we need more of this. please other areas too need attention oooo. Roads are good but the population of the poor amongst us is alarming.one person working caters for almost 10 or more people. can your team come up wit a welfare program for the poor and the elderly amongst us? am ready to pay more tax for that than for road to lekki and ikoyi.
any how, thank you sir for this....more grease to your elbow

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by kaeto(m): 3:16pm On Oct 02, 2012
meksroland: With all those money made in Lagos state, are we suppose to be celebrating?? How about Ejigbo and other places? The difference between Lagos and other states is just that Fashola receives too much press praise and being favoured by dem also. Amechi still remains the best gov cos u don't experience flood anywhere in PH now cos he constructed deep underground gutters. Fashola is working as far as press is concerned
you should be very ashamed of your hypocrisy. Is Amechi a dog's name or what. That 'lekki' bridge alone, beats all the pdp projects in rivers state since 1999. Bigotry has blinded you, small wonder! Just list 1 project your amechi 'himself' boasts of and stop the insane comparism. Don't push me please, I don't want to rain abuses on you or add to the burden of falsehood you bear.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by YoursGEJ(m): 3:17pm On Oct 02, 2012
feature11: Is the bridge toll free?

Why you think say dem build am for ikoyi?
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by SkyBlue1: 3:20pm On Oct 02, 2012
kaeto: If ACN is willing, with all due respect, we from the S.east 'must' swallow our pride and join forces with them. It almost happened in my state, Abia, in 2011 guber polls,were ACN's candidate was more prefered. Fashola could step up his game and become the president for good. I have waited long enough for good governance and I know you are completely out of patience too. This much needed and awaited change must come with a level of sacrifice,my opinion though.

Look at each potential government and individual on its own merit (Fashola and Oshiomole are the only ACN governors I hold in any regard). But I very much agree that Nigerians need to explore and consider more opposition candidates, it sends a message to failing parties.
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by SagePius: 3:23pm On Oct 02, 2012
God bless Fashola. Let him erect toll gate if he considers it best. Our problem in Nigeria is that we are used to freebies...Sincerely I see problem if our oil dries up..God bless Fashola and his team, God bless Lagos..God bless Nigeria
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by Paentera(m): 3:24pm On Oct 02, 2012
amaba: I hope it is not another money making road. I don tire 2 pay 240 on toll everyday despite the fact i pay tax. by december i will be paying 480 everyday on toll gate

Chief, the main aim for the tolls is to tax those who use that route to make money. So if you're one of those who drive from home to work and back every week day, you really need to evaluate your need for that vehicle - is it cost effective? With BRT buses dotting every part of the metropole, I invite you to give public transportation a trial so you save that N500 daily which you can use at weekends when you use your vehicle for leisure purposes.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by tunde300us(m): 3:26pm On Oct 02, 2012
@ meksroland : Am sure u dont live in PH,two days ago the whole of the 2nd artillery on the ABA road was flooded and no car could even pass through,and yet u say PH is not always flooded.I laugh in IKWERE grin
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by SkyBlue1: 3:27pm On Oct 02, 2012
Paentera:

Chief, the main aim for the tolls is to tax those who use that route to make money. So if you're one of those who drive from home to work and back every week day, you really need to evaluate your need for that vehicle - is it cost effective? With BRT buses dotting every part of the metropole, I invite you to give public transportation a trial so you save that N500 daily which you can use at weekends when you use your vehicle for leisure purposes.

Agreed smiley
Nigerians don't like paying for anything. Covering the cost through taxes might have been my suggestion but whatever;. . .
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by KINGwax(m): 3:29pm On Oct 02, 2012
kaeto: If ACN is willing, with all due respect, we from the S.east 'must' swallow our pride and join forces with them. It almost happened in my state, Abia, in 2011 guber polls,were ACN's candidate was more prefered. Fashola could step up his game and become the president for good. I have waited long enough for good governance and I know you are completely out of patience too. This much needed and awaited change must come with a level of sacrifice,my opinion though.
may u remain blessed. A proud man will stay hungry

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 02, 2012
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by Afolabs101: 3:30pm On Oct 02, 2012
They are going to toll the heck out of this road! They've already built the toll booths at the Lekki side of the bridge.

Is the tax + federal allocation fashola's collecting not enough to provide roads and bridges? If not, can the state govt not borrow to fund projects like this?

I'm willing to bet that the capital cost of the bridge + interest on funds borrowed to construct it can be taken care of from the state's recurrent expenditure.

Don't get me wrong, fashola is a good governor but I think that because are expectations are so low that someone who does the bare minimum is hailed undecided
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by feyiona(m): 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2012
meksroland: With all those money made in Lagos state, are we suppose to be celebrating?? How about Ejigbo and other places? The difference between Lagos and other states is just that Fashola receives too much press praise and being favoured by dem also. Amechi still remains the best gov cos u don't experience flood anywhere in PH now cos he constructed deep underground gutters. Fashola is working as far as press is concerned
Is this guy for real!!!! I live in PHC Try woji rd the whole RD is one Big Port Hole. The pot hole on Onne rd is a constant Hold up causer Market Jn turns into a swimming Pool once it rains Elelewon rd Is a lagoon I can go on and On and someone talks about a Gov who Thinks the only Job he has is that of the chairman of the Governors forum. And not that of a governor we lected him to do Abegi if someone is doing well talk am and dont try for cheap popularity
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by Guapo(m): 3:36pm On Oct 02, 2012
omowolewa: This is good men!
There is no need for good governance tour. We can see the work done. Thank God for the progressive minds
Helicopter view please!
grin
it is called aerial view
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by KINGwax(m): 3:37pm On Oct 02, 2012
Paentera:

thank u Sir. U knw, most nigerians are fond of oppressing others. He must have bilivd dt his owning a car denotes and commands a high status. But come to think of him complainin of 5H. Stick to dt advice, use the public transports. It's a way of living in the developed countries. It doesn't diminish your car value.
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by SkyBlue1: 3:39pm On Oct 02, 2012
Afolabs101: They are going to toll the heck out of this road! They've already built the toll booths at the Lekki side of the bridge.

Is the tax + federal allocation fashola's collecting not enough to provide roads and bridges? If not, can the state govt not borrow to fund projects like this?

I'm willing to bet that the capital cost of the bridge + interest on funds borrowed to construct it can be taken care of from the state's recurrent expenditure.

Don't get me wrong, fashola is a good governor but I think that because are expectations are so low that someone who does the bare minimum is hailed undecided

I agree with your last statement but let us tackle some issues with your others. Infrastructure is NOT CHEAP. If Lagos borrowed the money they would STILL need to pay it back. This bridge IS NOT the only project lagos state government has to fund and is working on, so that comment about using federal allocation to fund it is pointless. Things HAVE to be maintained with time. Maintenance COSTS money. We need to get into better habits of paying for what we want, everything can't be free. The money has to come from somewhere and at the end of the day something has to give (services or taxes)
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by AjanleKoko: 3:39pm On Oct 02, 2012
Since they already tolled the Lekki road, there is no way they will let this one go.
Hard to criticize. Let's just pay toll and move on. embarassed
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by olivertwist: 3:41pm On Oct 02, 2012
omowolewa: This is good men!
There is no need for good governance tour. We can see the work done. Thank God for the progressive minds
Helicopter view please!

I just asked my helicopter pilot to go get aerial view & full pictures of the bridge for NLs to see as soon as he finish eating his cassava bread & ....

But Fashola should slow down o or else JEALOUSY (slow poison) will kill all bad belle people finish for NL and we don't want that now coz we are just starting.

Eko o ni baje IJN

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by kunletade(m): 3:47pm On Oct 02, 2012
You guys forget to mention that the bridge will be tolled and no commercial vehicle will have access to the bridge
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by rakumiii(m): 3:55pm On Oct 02, 2012
nice work

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by porka: 3:57pm On Oct 02, 2012
lookmangiw: In a country where we have a lot of right thinking people. This fashola guy would have been a topshot to the president come the next election year. But not in this country, where tribal sentiment and ethnic bigotry prevails over other things.

"Topshot to the president" because of how many kilometer bridge sir?

What would northern governors, who built airports and universities in completely arid land, be "topshot" to?

May be "topshot" to "world presidents", perhaps.

Congratulations to Fashola on the about to be commissioned bridge.
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by Akainzo(m): 4:10pm On Oct 02, 2012

I am sure you are joking about there being no flooding in PH, right?
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 02, 2012
Guapo:
grin
it is called aerial view

grin grin grin grin grin grin
I laugh in Ijebu dialect
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by aljharem(m): 4:17pm On Oct 02, 2012

hmmmm wisdom. SE and SW can work together.
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by Gbawe: 4:35pm On Oct 02, 2012
sammhi: Oga Fasola, am one of your critics but you scored high on this. i must say am immpresssed sir.
we need more of this. please other areas too need attention oooo. Roads are good but the population of the poor amongst us is alarming.one person working caters for almost 10 or more people. can your team come up wit a welfare program for the poor and the elderly amongst us? am ready to pay more tax for that than for road to lekki and ikoyi.
any how, thank you sir for this....more grease to your elbow

Not economically feasible. Ekiti and Osun already lead Nigeria with their innovative and humane non-contributory pension for the elderly which, more or less, is a welfare scheme. Those States are, by far, less populated than Lagos. Fashola is the most burdened Governor in Nigeria and he is suffering from the crude desire of our leaders to play politics with everything. Lagos deserves special Status and support for it's socio-economic status and real population which is no less than 16 million in my opinion while official figures claim Lagos has 9 million inhabitants. Those kind of 419 approach to governance is the reason Nigeria is in so much trouble today.

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by DuduNegro: 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2012
Thanks to my loving Igbo brothers for paying their tax on time. We love you all..... grin

Eko 'oni baje
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by Afam4eva(m): 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2012
From your comment it seems as if no governor in the east is doing anything worthwhile and all the governors in the west have turned their states into an eldorado of some sort. I think your comment is highly unfortunate. Apart from Fashola and maybe Oshiomole, other ACN governors cannot define development. Same goes for south-east governors except Chime, Rochas and maybe Peter Obi.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by kolexy(m): 4:43pm On Oct 02, 2012

Have you been to PH before?
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by kolexy(m): 4:46pm On Oct 02, 2012
kaeto: you should be very ashamed of your hypocrisy. Is Amechi a dog's name or what. That 'lekki' bridge alone, beats all the pdp projects in rivers state since 1999. Bigotry has blinded you, small wonder! Just list 1 project your amechi 'himself' boasts of and stop the insane comparism. Don't push me please, I don't want to rain abuses on you or add to the burden of falsehood you bear.

A bridge thats is less than 6yrs just collapsed in Port Harcourt. It was constructed by Ameachi's Mentor.
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by Gbawe: 4:49pm On Oct 02, 2012
afam4eva:
From your comment it seems as if no governor in the east is doing anything worthwhile and all the governors in the west have turned their states into an eldorado of some sort. I think your comment is highly unfortunate. Apart from Fashola and maybe Oshiomole, other ACN governors cannot define development. Same goes for south-east governors except Chime, Rochas and maybe Peter Obi.

Why do some of you continue to perpetuate this lie? Go to the thread below where I show, with pictures, what Amosun has done in slightly over a year in power. How many States of Nigeria, for example, have BRT as Ogun State now does? How many supplied 500 brand new transformers to improve power supply? Why can't you people just give credit where due instead of continuing the lies that only Fashola and Oshiomhole are performing ACN Governors? The problem with ignorance and intellectual laziness is that it makes itself amenable to embracing lies, repeated many times, as the 'truth'.

Many of you don't live in the State you continue to uphold that the Governor is "doing nothing" but you insist on talking louder than even the happy indigenes of the State who approve of their Governors. Visit the thread below and genuinely read what is submitted to see , despite the hollow lies, how Amosun has impacted on virtually every sector possible (Healthcare, housing, infrastructure, education, security, transport et al) in his first year and come back to tell us what you want to see to acclaim him a performing Governor.

https://www.nairaland.com/1050126/2015-jonathan-pdp-fail-s-west
Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by Horus(m): 4:53pm On Oct 02, 2012

4 Likes

Re: Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November by ichidodo: 4:55pm On Oct 02, 2012
lookmangiw: In a country where we have a lot of right thinking people. This fashola guy would have been a topshot to the president come the next election year. But not in this country, where tribal sentiment and ethnic bigotry prevails over other things.
U FARKIN BLACK CARNT! NOBODY IS HOLDIN D DRAT FROM CONTESTIN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wike Addresses Protesting Foreign Scholarship Beneficiaries In London (Photos) / Ozekhome: FG's Proscription Of IMN's Activities: Illegal, Unconstitutional / How Kalu, Adoke Spent Yuletide In Detention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.