Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,189 members, 7,860,262 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:35 AM

Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? - TV/Movies (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? (75450 Views)

Tinsel Series: Good Program Or Absolute Rubbish? / Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (46) (Go Down)

Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by ahwuyen(m): 1:35pm On Aug 18, 2008
pls urfriend tell us hw to upgrade for us using the hitv branded decoder
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 2:48pm On Aug 18, 2008
hi,u can upgrade via flash drive.but u can go to any hitv approved dealer to get your system upgraded [free].
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by ahwuyen(m): 3:06pm On Aug 18, 2008
why do i need upgrading? I could remember the Hitv dealer that help installed my dish did something of that nature.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2008
hi all,the upgrade is only for subscriber who have not done so.if u have done yours not to worry.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by kaypumpin2(m): 3:32pm On Aug 18, 2008
@ urfriend, which is the hi tv branded decoder.I jsut bought my hitv penultimate week and knw not whatchu meant by all this upgrading.I have the sony channel and dove station already when i bought it.Are these signs of the upgrading?if they aint what are the xters of an upgraded decoder.Lemme know fast so i will knw what to do.Big ups to you esp 4 the wonderful work u doing really
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 5:20pm On Aug 18, 2008
hi with out the upgrade ur subscription payment will not come up.upgrade help the activated s/card come up fast.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by joeb1(m): 12:45am On Aug 19, 2008
@urfriend
i like what u are doing in here please keep it up. I need a strong favour from u with urgent reply, since last week friday i paid for my subscription in Gtbank but up till now my decoder ve not been activated. please can u help me to rectify the problem. The card number is 017100849615.
the name is MR RAHMAN QUADRI
thank u very much, may God continue 2 bless u.

this is my phone number 08023688210. would love 2 have urs.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by delvinmaya(m): 7:06pm On Aug 19, 2008
can you blive dat urfriend is now a celeb,good work man just kip improving.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by dreday(m): 10:51pm On Aug 19, 2008
delvinmaya:

can you blive that urfriend is now a celeb,good work man just kip improving.

Na sooooo.
Doesn't take too much to go from villain to hero.
Hope some folks have learnt sumpn.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by delvinmaya(m): 11:40pm On Aug 20, 2008
thanks for supporting me dreday.all i hope is that hitv starts to get their acts right from now on.Would do them a hell of a good.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 9:08am On Aug 21, 2008
Can GTV work in Naija? The signal strength and quality are just like the one I get while searching HITV only that its scrambled.

They seem to be a long way ahead of hitv in terms of channels .

@urfriend

Can the channels be unscrambled if using GTV smartcards "legally" here? It seems they are getting a better deal than hitv in the "Share a Transponder" arrangement.

Am seeing so many channels and Some french channels as well.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by segundash(m): 10:41am On Aug 21, 2008
Hi people, its been long since I came here but I'm happy a lot of improvement has been made on HiTV.

@Urfriend

I got the package Last year and paid for 1 year subscription, I don't really remember the actual date or month I subscribed, can u PLEASE help me find out? my smart card number is 017-1001-32-3-8

Also I tuned to a channel "NIGERIA" some weeks ago and saw information on how to add Fox News to the list of channels, I did that but a whole bunch of 60 channels were added, most of the channels are not active (locked or not just showing).

I also saw in this forum that there is a Sony channel being available, PLEASE can you tell me how to get it, I use a Strong Decoder.

If I want to pay for a year's subscription is there any discount and how much would I have to pay.

Also a friend is disturbing me about getting HiTV and wants to know the differences and advantages of Terrestrial over Satellite or vis-versa. I really can't answer the question but I know you'll be able to answer it correctly.

Hope my questions is not too much.

Thanks.

Segun 'Dash
segundash@yahoo.com
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 11:22am On Aug 21, 2008
hi segundash,go to past post on this forum,and u will get info on how to scan for more channels with strong decorder.if u pay for 1 year subscription,u will get the 12th month free[i.e, u pay for 11 months 44,000 naira,and get the 12th month free].hitv no longer transmits on terrestrial[cable],only satellite.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 11:30am On Aug 21, 2008
hi soloqy,the french channels u saw on 12130 h 27500,do not show.so the question of gtv having more channels than hitv is not true.the 10 other channels u saw when u scan with strong decorder,apart from g africa,g series,god and kidsco;are french channels for gtv's french subscribers in french speaking countries in africa.by the way u can not get gtv's card with out the decorder,because they marry thier decorder with thier s/card.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 11:40am On Aug 21, 2008
My friend what is new? wink wink wink wink
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 21, 2008
bluehorizo:

My friend what is new? wink wink wink wink

blue, the new thing is that if you do a rescan now, you will get some fta from dstv (abt 10 channels are opened) cool
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 1:07pm On Aug 21, 2008
Are they on Hotbird?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by maskuraid(m): 2:51pm On Aug 21, 2008
dear iluguboy, d fta channels u mentioned frm dstv, wat are they and can we watch em?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 21, 2008
believe on the same freq with hitv on w4.

@masq,
aficamagicplus
realityzone
nat geo
skynews
ss5 & 7 (not too sure!)
channel o
and some that i can't remember now
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by maskuraid(m): 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2008
@ilugunboy, i can watch channel o presently,does dt mean i can also watch all d other channels u listed?can u help wit d frequency, thx
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by maskuraid(m): 3:22pm On Aug 21, 2008
@ilugunboy, u knw hitv has freq 12130 & 12900 if m not mistaken,
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 21, 2008
maskuraid,

yes, you can

just scan on the freq you are currently receiving the channel o
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by maskuraid(m): 3:39pm On Aug 21, 2008
funny enof,i just dd a blind scan and saw d channel o.i cnt even rmba which freq brought it out.so many if em just came down and i was lucky 2 catch d 'o'.thankx anyways for d info.i'll tyr it tonite and get back 2 ya,
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 21, 2008
maskuraid,
think we should do this on the FTA thread, else seun and twinstaiye will come in here grin.

anyway, restrict your blind scan to the "Free channel" option to make it faster and easier.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by maskuraid(m): 4:23pm On Aug 21, 2008
thanx man, will do and feed u back 2moro on d fta thread.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 21, 2008
the pleasure is all mine cool
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 21, 2008
@urfriend,

you've been silent for quiet some time now, hope all is well?.

any breaking news from your side?. grin
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 4:49pm On Aug 21, 2008
Ilugunboy can you come to the fta thread?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 21, 2008
@blue,
aiiright!!
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by dreday(m): 10:36pm On Aug 21, 2008
@ ilugunboy

U're right on.
Dstv channels don full my hitv finish.All FTA like u said
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 22, 2008
@dreday,

lets enjoy it while it last grin
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 11:27am On Aug 22, 2008
Ilugun i think you will have to take me back to school and be my tutor since i am not able to get those channels yet grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (46)

BBNaija: Cee-C's Side Boobs Flashed In Braless Photos / Movie Scenes That Nearly Killed Jackie Chan / Top 5 Most Expensive Housemates On BBNaija 2019 Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.