Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? - TV/Movies (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? (75278 Views)

Tinsel Series: Good Program Or Absolute Rubbish? / Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (46) (Go Down)

Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 12:45pm On Aug 27, 2008
Customer Loyalty
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by maskuraid(m): 12:49pm On Aug 27, 2008
@ilugunboy

i fully understand wat u r goin thru, my wife fell in love wit reality and go 2.u shld see wat she was ventin yesterday when we got home and saw they were off air.i just dey talk plenty story say hitv is set to explode so make she chill.dstv is definitely a no go sha, odeshi 4 dt side.mayb if daarsat delivers on their promises i might b tempted , just mayb.for now all m doin is just sweet talkin her + a couple of chocolate bars, lol.to dstv's bait, ODESHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 27, 2008
soloqy:

ilugunboy, I guess you need to satisfy your wife. Some of us don't have that privilege yet grin

Pally, wetin man go do nah? , you know like they say hell hath no fury like a woman scorn grin.
The issue is not even the installation cost, the problem got to do with additional 9k expense per month.

@Maskuraid,
brov, hope madam really understand oooh!
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by senga: 2:58pm On Aug 27, 2008
Hi soloqy

Just sitting back and waiting to see what DAAR are up too, I cannot find any information on them. As you said they should be running test transmissions this month FTA but I can't find anyone that has seen anything. I have heard that people are falling over new equipment in their offices, maybe they haven't installed it all yet.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by maskuraid(m): 3:10pm On Aug 27, 2008
@Maskuraid,
brov, hope madam really understand oooh

wit small bribery,small sweet mouth,there is nothin God cannot do, lol.but for space i'd have installed FTA for her to watch .at least when she has soooooooo many channles albeit some useless ones, she go chill.i wonder y women have such power over us?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Seun(m): 3:14pm On Aug 27, 2008
maskuraid:

i wonder y women have such power over us?
She's not just any woman; she's your wife. You can't disregard what she wants.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by maskuraid(m): 3:39pm On Aug 27, 2008
@ seun

who's disregardin, she's d wife,dats d only reason she's got d power.she's d only woman who can make me dance w/o music as we speak.i was just talkin generally sha.we love em wifeys but sometimes, sheesh.d married folks 'll fill in d gap, moreso we cnt all have wat we want, its called reality. tongue
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 4:13pm On Aug 27, 2008
So they took it off at last?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 4:33pm On Aug 27, 2008
senga:

Hi soloqy

Just sitting back and waiting to see what DAAR are up too, I cannot find any information on them. As you said they should be running test transmissions this month FTA but I can't find anyone that has seen anything. I have heard that people are falling over new equipment in their offices, maybe they haven't installed it all yet.

lol, thats funny.

Someone should tell em that all the new equipment would only make sense when they are up and running.

They can now see that its easy to talk the talk but walking it is a different ball game.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by senga: 8:26pm On Aug 27, 2008
soloqy, you hit the nail on the head!
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by donaremu(m): 7:48am On Aug 29, 2008
Hello guys,

ilugunboy:

Now they've succeded in their I[b]NTENTION[/b], using those channels as bait to lure people. My wife is now insisting that i must get Dstv before the end of August. embarassed

DSTV Stations are free again. cool

@Urfriend

Please advice HiTV management to add TV content (stations) like ZOOM reality and NG and Hi Soccer should link up with MU TV, Arsenal TV, Chelsae TV. etc at least twice in a week.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2008
hi donaremu,you don't just add channels just like that.there are process to all this,and if the owner refuses to talk with you there is nothing you can do,but just keep pressing on.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by gboyesh(m): 4:02pm On Aug 29, 2008
@ urfried,
have been following yr replys with intrest , you seem to be the man for the job!!!
keep it up , pal.
need a fav tho , (guess thas why im brown nosing) my decoder (strong ) bought and upgraded at the initial launch of hitv ages ago and was/is/has been on a requested deactivation as i was moving house, house having been moved , i now want to reactivate , but am having trouble contacting /or sending a request mail (keeps bouncing back(info@hientertainment.tv), so, could you help out , my card no.is 017100011133.
thanks pal!! smiley wink undecided
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 5:43pm On Aug 29, 2008
go to the site www.hitv.com.ng and send your requests,comments etc.there is some there to act on every mail sent to the site.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 6:57pm On Aug 29, 2008
Whats with this no access thing again?

Is any other person seeing "No Access" on his or her screen?

urfriend, do you have any idea whats going on?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by niyi09(m): 11:49pm On Aug 29, 2008
have u guys checked out the new develpoment on the hitv website,they have improved d website seriously in terms of graphics,we want more improvement on ur contents and channels too and urfriend can u shed more light ond tvguide
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 2:30pm On Aug 30, 2008
hi all from the 1st of september the EPG Service shall start.it will run on the hi channels for now,other channels shall follow.the tv guide section on the site www.hitv.com.ng shall also have programme info on all channels from september.the hi magazine,hitv's new magazine shall have more programme info and highlights.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 7:58pm On Aug 30, 2008
@urfriend

Why would they just randomly deactivate people.

I was deactivated yesterday and am lucky I got someone at their office who apologised for deactivating me wrongly.

Whats the big deal in verifying payments from GTBank?

Also I must say that the pictures in the Hi channels have been degrading since last week. Its getting worse by the day.

I am subscribing to Pay tv but I had to watch the Arsenal match on NTA/AIT due to the terrible picture feed.It kept dragging as if it was in slow motion.

Are the management not seeing those pictures?

The other foreign channels are perfect but the Hi channels' pictures are an eye sour.
I will still send this post on the other thread as well since I want you and the Hitv management to know we aint happy about that.
You cant enjoy football like that.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by hancock(m): 1:11pm On Sep 01, 2008
All my hi channels-himix,hisoccer,hisports etc. stopped showing over the wkend but the foriegn ones are still on. Is it a general problem? Urfriend?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 01, 2008
All the Hi channels are down for now, got an Sms confirming that over the weekend.

They apologised for the problem and said engineers are currently working on the technical problem.

The only snag is that they did not mention when they are likely to restore service on those channels.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 2:22pm On Sep 01, 2008
hi all, has ilugunboy earlier mention,it was a serious technical issue.the engineers are currently working on it.when it will be back on i can't say,but i know will be back on very soon.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by okomogo(m): 2:24pm On Sep 01, 2008
@urfriend.  What are you guys doing about adding good channels like discovery,animal planet.national geographic,history .please just add at least one of this chanells,and HITV should bring a more flexible payment system not paying today and waiting for days before you get activated.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by okomogo(m): 2:32pm On Sep 01, 2008
@urfriend please say something about my post please
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 2:34pm On Sep 01, 2008
hi okomogo,pls read past posts then you will get more info.more channels will come.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 01, 2008
Urfriend,

hi, how was the weekend.

Hope the problem has got nothing to do with the addition of EPG to the hi channels that you mentioned in an earlier post?.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 4:17pm On Sep 01, 2008
hi ilugunboy.no epg has nothing to do with it
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 5:04pm On Sep 01, 2008
hi all the hi channels are back on,
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by segundash(m): 5:06pm On Sep 01, 2008
Hi ALL,

All Hi-stations are BACK.  you can check it out  grin
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 5:28pm On Sep 01, 2008
I would have thought that this would be accompanied by something like this:

We are sorry for the two days that our subscribers experienced scrambled channels, this was due to the fact that we were "uploading new channels".

Or something like this: "To make up for the days that our subscribers didnt get to watch their beloved football, we would be adding 2weeks each free to their access days." cool
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by segundash(m): 11:24am On Sep 02, 2008
@all

the EPG is working on some Hi-Channels, I was able to know all programme to be aired today on Hi-Soccer from the EPG. People check it out and comment.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by ahwuyen(m): 1:03pm On Sep 02, 2008
@SEGUNDASH
what is the full meaning of EPG
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by segundash(m): 1:18pm On Sep 02, 2008
Electronic Program Guide

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (46)

BBNaija 2019 Finalists: Mercy, Mike, Frodd, Omashola, Seyi And Diane / BBNaija: Cee-C's Side Boobs Flashed In Braless Photos / Movie Scenes That Nearly Killed Jackie Chan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.