Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,161 members, 7,860,150 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:53 AM

Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? - TV/Movies (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? (75449 Views)

Tinsel Series: Good Program Or Absolute Rubbish? / Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (46) (Go Down)

Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by ahwuyen(m): 1:41pm On Sep 02, 2008
@segundash
thanks.
hw do i go about checking the epg
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 02, 2008
@segun,

am in the office presently, apart from the hi-soccer that you earlier mentioned, which other hi-channel is carrying the epg services?.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by segundash(m): 3:10pm On Sep 02, 2008
@ilugunboy

EPG is available for the following Channels;

Hi-Sports, Hi-Soccer, Hi-Mix, Hi-Kids and Hi-Life
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 02, 2008
that means my two favourite hi-channels (nigezie & hi - nolly) are not yet carrying epg angry
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by BabaTony: 3:31pm On Sep 02, 2008
i want to install this hi tv in my house how much does it cost?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by BabaTony: 3:34pm On Sep 02, 2008
does hitv movie channels have interesting movies, then what about scientific documentaries, like what we have in dstv, like dicovery, etc?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2008
@babatony, where do we start from?, think you have to read past posts on this thread. also visit hitv website www. hitv.com.ng for further info about cost and packages
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by BabaTony: 3:45pm On Sep 02, 2008
i am viewing the site right now but i don't seem to get how good the service is in terms of the number of good films and documentaries they have, as for the price, i could find out later , but i want to know how their programming looks like. thanks
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 02, 2008
@babatony, really, it depends on what you are looking for. for football, hitv is probably you best choice for now, however for general family entertainment, your should be looking at dstv. this my own opinion anyway.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by BabaTony: 3:59pm On Sep 02, 2008
thank u very much , i think i seem to share your view as a result of my browsing their web page. i think i will consider dstv, do u know how much the installation is?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2008
@babatony
the pleasure is absolutely all mine cool. your budget for installation of the total dstv package excluding monthly sub, should be in the region 35-40k (including acqusition and installation charges).
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by BabaTony: 4:32pm On Sep 02, 2008
wait a minute, i have just seen sony channel here and it seems they could be showing some good movies on hitv. As for the dstv, the costs are still high , i thot the stuff should have reduced, anyway i think i will still go for hitv, i am seeing some very interesting things here, please brief me more about hitv,especially about sony, hi mix, art and biscon.god bless
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 02, 2008
@babatony,

since you've made up your mind, i will suggest you just go ahead and come along with us. really hitv is interesting. (if you have an open-mind)
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2008
and come to think of it, where is everybody on this thread today angry, seems only me and babatony is here!!.
urfriend, mustay, soloqy, bluehorizo, maskuraid, etc where all of una dey
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 6:30pm On Sep 02, 2008
hi ilugunboy, whats up?

@babatony, dstv was running some kind of promo at which you pay for the equipment and get about two or three months free.

Like ilugunboy said, if you love football(which is why you see some of us here), then hitv would be your choice but if you love general entertainment, and get bored easily(like moi), then dstv is your best bet.

However, Sony entertainment has some good stuff . It has movies at 8pm each day and a number of drama series and sitcoms.I also believe Sony Entertainment is a relatively new channel and so still evolving.

Forget about Biscon .Its a mess. The picture quality is not something you should subject your self to.

Hi mix, has some sitcoms and series as well but be ready to watch an episode so many times that you begin to see it in your sleep.

urfriend told us they would be adding new channels per week but I am not sure what the plan is now.

Dstv is still expensive(if you want to watch the premium package).

We just hope that they, at hitv, will fulfil their promises of adding Setanta sports, Discovery civilisation(or is it education), BET, Kidsco, animax and one movie channel.

We are still watching and waiting .
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 6:41pm On Sep 02, 2008
ilugunboy:

and come to think of it, where is everybody on this thread today angry, seems only me and babatony is here!!.
urfriend, mustay, soloqy, bluehorizo, maskuraid, etc where all of una dey

Do not worry. I read threads on this board and post when it's neccessary wink cheesy
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 6:47pm On Sep 02, 2008
soloqy

D'you know anything about Gtv's ENCYCLOPEDIA station?

hiTv should have some 'partnership' with those guys na cool
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 7:03pm On Sep 02, 2008
Mustay:

soloqy

D'you know anything about Gtv's ENCYCLOPEDIA station?

hiTv should have some 'partnership' with those guys na cool

abi o? since they share transponder. Anyways, I guess the content providers sell their content based on the subscriber base of a company and territorial restrictions so they will have a valid excuse for not pursuing such an arrangement.

My only issue with Hitv is that they seem to lag behind GTV in things. GTV added EPG since, probably on inception. They have setanta sports and kidsco already apart from their other channels. Also Fox sports and Aljazeera, which are channels that we were made to understand are part of hitv offerings, are no where to be seen.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 7:12pm On Sep 02, 2008
Some people receive LTV on their HiTV; how come?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 7:23pm On Sep 02, 2008
I used to get LTV on hitv when we were on Terrestrial.

Since the cut-over to Satellite, i have not seen it.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by linksman(m): 8:33pm On Sep 02, 2008
@ urfriend,
kindly, let me have your email address or phone number? i need your help with activating a subscription that was paid for about a week ago.
my email add is: just_african@yahoo.com
thanks
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by ahwuyen(m): 8:52pm On Sep 02, 2008
@urfriend pls can u send ur email add and ur phone no to me. i have a problem with activation of my subscription that was paid about a week ago. this is my e mail ahwuyen@yahoo.com
thanks
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by kaypumpin2(m): 9:49pm On Sep 02, 2008
am i the only one,i cant watch hitv for now,its all scrambled
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by maskuraid(m): 9:04am On Sep 03, 2008
@ilugunboy, sup man.u shld knw u r never alone my guy, we alws dey ur side, watchin and waitin 2 c if any 'beta' don drop.hw far wit madam?u don appease am , lol BW seems 2 have disappeared{not dt i miss d channel sha} and dove(d quality of d pix on dat is terrible ) seems 2 have found a nu home on h'sports 2.anyhw sha we still dey manage,
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 03, 2008
@maskuraid,

how you dey man, i hold my side tight as usual. grin
like you said with little bribery and some sweet talk, you can do wonders with women grin.

She needed to buy one expensive "asho-ebi" and i asked her to chose, trust women nah!, she picked "asho-ebi".

Have a feeling that one of the two recently added channels( dove or biscon) triggered that problem and that's why they have to be removed.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by maskuraid(m): 10:21am On Sep 03, 2008
@ilugunboy, dats d way 2 go.now we knw y naija is d way it is.simply put, all of us like personal interest plus a little bribery ;Dnewayss sha ,as long as all man dey happy,ba a komai.if dove no dey perform make dem comot am.d qlity is damn too bad ,haba.on top of pay tv channel.fingers crossed sha.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 10:32am On Sep 03, 2008
maskuraid:

@ilugunboy, sup man.u shld knw you're never alone my guy, we alws dey your side, watchin and waitin 2 c if any 'beta' don drop.hw far wit madam?u don appease am , lol BW seems 2 have disappeared{not dt i miss d channel sha} [b]and dove(d quality of d pix on that is terrible ) seems 2 have found a nu home on h'sports 2.anyhw sha we still dey [/b]manage,

I dont know if you guys have noticed that the only stable channels now are the ones that were added just over a month ago. The channels on Eutelsat w4 12300(zee cinema, CNBC, Fox news and Sony Entertainment).

The other channels, plus all the Hi channels, have this irritating snag on the pictures that happen too frequently for one to actually enjoy watching them.

This started during the Arsenal match on Saturday and got worse later that day. I thought the whole thing was pulled down to sort that issue out but it seems it wasnt.

One cant enjoy football with such a feed. In fact you cant enjoy anything with such.

Is the transponder they are using for the hi channels and those earlier channels bad?
There is a marked difference between the quality of the hi channels pictures and the ones that I mentioned above.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 03, 2008
@soloqy,

hi, am not a technical person, so i won't pretend that am one. however thing i know about this is that

1. Sports, especially football cosumes lot of pixels, so putting the maximum 16 channels on that transponder will result in the kind of experience we are having now on that transponder.

2. the other transponder you mentioned (12130 /H/ 2500 is still carrying less than 16 channels without any football on it, so definetly the picture quality on it will be superior to those hi-channels transponder. Once it has the max 16 channels, you will notice detoriation in the picture quality.

3. Until Eutelsat add additional transponder in the second quarter on 2009, we are not likely to see any noticeable improvement.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by maskuraid(m): 11:31am On Sep 03, 2008
@soloquy

for one thing d quality of d hi channels has alws bn dift frm d foreign channels.b dt as it may d constant flickerin u talked about is a pain in d u knw where especially wen watchin football. i think its reduced sha but i may b wrong.its not all d channels on 12130 dat have d same prob {i thik}.must b a technical glitch or a result of some atmospheric/solar flarin(did i say dt]neways sha i hope thingsget sorted out,
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 11:33am On Sep 03, 2008
@ilugunboy

If thats the case, wouldnt it make better sense to balance it?

Move some of those channels from the first transponder to the second one that still has space for channels.

There is no point watching a football match like the one we watched on saturday.

The football is hitv's selling point so if people dont get to enjoy the football, why would they keep subscribing?

And there is no way we can endure such pictures and disruptions until 2009.

Besides, no new channel has been added and the snag and hitches just started on that saturday(It was okay all the while till that day).

There may be something else wrong. If like you asked urfriend, the Epg could be causing problems, its better they go back to the status quo till they are fully ready to implement it.

They just cant afford to play with the football. It would be disastrous.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 11:50am On Sep 03, 2008
maskuraid:

@soloquy

[b]must b a technical glitch or a result of some atmospheric/solar flarin(did i say dt][/b]neways sha i hope thingsget sorted out,

grin grin abi o
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 03, 2008
Really, i don't expect hitv to tell us everything, but at the same time little information about this problem is key in situation like this. They are keeping peeps in the dark too much.

Like you mentioned, football is their selling point for now (whether they admit it or not), a major problem with that will not only be disaster like you said, it may signal a downfall (we don't pray for that).

Splitting channels may not as be easy as you said ( i don't know), but it could be a good option they can explore until the availability of another transponder.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (46)

BBNaija: Cee-C's Side Boobs Flashed In Braless Photos / Movie Scenes That Nearly Killed Jackie Chan / Top 5 Most Expensive Housemates On BBNaija 2019 Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.