Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,135 members, 7,835,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? - TV/Movies (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? (75281 Views)

Tinsel Series: Good Program Or Absolute Rubbish? / Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (46) (Go Down)

Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 1:10am On Sep 07, 2008
hi okomogo,all hitv upgrades are free of charge.also make sure your card is inserted well.the gold chip should face down and not up.also the reason why activations were delayed,was because of eutelsat.there was a technical problem at there end.this has now been resolved.if your card has not come up,send your mail via the hitv site of info@hientertainment.tv.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by dre901(m): 7:59am On Sep 07, 2008
@urfriend
hi i was at hitv's office on Saturday for the new upgrade, well i was upgraded to the latest version of the software
But on getting home, when i connected my decoder back and checked the software info, it was still 2.0.5 and you said
that the latest one is 2.0.7 which can allow you to view ZeeCinemas subtitled and also use the the EPG.
But none of this worked. No EPG and No Subtitle. So i dont know if they is anything i can do to have this features.

Cheers,
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 2:39pm On Sep 07, 2008
hi dre tell the guy the wire the wire upgrade not flash.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by linksman(m): 2:43pm On Sep 07, 2008
@ urfriend,
pls text me ur email add or call me. i need ur assistance badly in activating my subscription.
my number is 08067216712
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 2:53pm On Sep 07, 2008
urfriend,

When are we expecting to see that new channel you talked about some days ago?

You said it should be up by this weekend. Whats holding it?

Hitv must not wait untill daar comes out with good channels o because it would slow down the number of people signing up.

Already, that Natgeo that you mentioned they have, is a selling point
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by niyi09(m): 6:50pm On Sep 07, 2008
my decoder version is 2.04 and not 1.04 as i earlier stated,when do u tink the wire upgrade wud be all over NIGERia
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by ahwuyen(m): 3:32am On Sep 08, 2008
@urfriend
pls i need ur help in activating my subscription. kindly send me ur email add to this email ahwuyen@yahoo.com.
i will appreciate if u do. thanks in anticipating ur kind response.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by gboyesh(m): 9:56am On Sep 08, 2008
@ Soloqy
Thanks man. That came i handy!!!
Usefull info!!!
Thanks again!!!!
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bami201(m): 11:18am On Sep 08, 2008
[b][/b][i][/i]Hi all, pls i do i use this EPG thing. Do i need to upgrade my decorder before using it or not. Have been trying it with my remote but its not given me the list of programmes. All what it does was to show me date and channels that am in as at that time.Can any one explain what to do for me proparly. Ur friend pls assist too. angry
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 2:28pm On Sep 08, 2008
hi all,the upgrade will soon be around the countries,but if you are in lagos go to hitv office for that.the natgeo daar is pffering is natgeo music not channel.the system breakdown of last week,delayed the adding of the new channel.art movies 2 has been removed from the hitv service.another channel will be put in it's place.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 08, 2008
HI urfriend, am not trying to report anyone here but that guy at the technical dept (femi) is so pompous, he is all Hitv should not be. He comes across like someone that you need to beg before he do his job.

Imagine I went to the office last sat like you suggested, after telling him I want the upgrade that requires wire to wire, he just slotted in the flash and after a while told me that the upgrade is done, cos there were peeps on the queue I could not start arguing with him, and on getting home I realised that I just wasted my time because he did nothing, you can imagine my frustration.

Someone has to tell that guy the way to treat to customers.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bami201(m): 3:48pm On Sep 08, 2008
Urfriend thanks very much for all the contribution you have been given on the forum. Please can't HITV make the upgrade avaliable on there site so we can download and upgrade our system there instead of going to there office. Like me i can't imagine spending Three to four hours on the line, like what happen to me two weeks ago when i was trying to pay for my subscription.Please something should be done in this accept. smiley

NB: Please what happen to BISCON? it has not been showing on my system again. but its only showing scaramble
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 3:58pm On Sep 08, 2008
hi sorry,but you will have to bring your decorder.also the upgrade is only wire to wire not flash.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bami201(m): 4:04pm On Sep 08, 2008
Hi urfriend thanks for the reply. But the problem is the line at the office there. i said it took me three hours to get to pay for my subscription. Is it always better during the weekdays?

NB: what about the BISCON issue is not showing only displaying scramble[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by senga: 8:57am On Sep 09, 2008
I get very frustrated reading this thread, Hitv should stand up and be counted, it is never their fault.
Last weekend they blamed Eutelsat for the signal, this problem is not from Eutelsat it is caused by a transponder being overloaded and that problem is caused by the football eating up a lot of bandwith and Hitv trying to squeeze too much on one transponder.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by okomogo(m): 12:16pm On Sep 09, 2008
@urfriend
your guys here in PHC tried to dowload the software from internet yesterday but the server was very slow so i couln't get it but all he same thank you for letting me know wats up on HITV. how do i get your monthly magazine and i want you to give us a comprehensive expectation from HITV,that is the channells we are expectinga and when.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by naijagunns(m): 1:18pm On Sep 09, 2008
my hitv has been acting up for a while.pls wat can i do
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 09, 2008
naijagunns:

my hitv has been acting up for a while.please what can i do
That too vague, you have to be specific if you really want anybody here to help.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by kaypumpin2(m): 3:02pm On Sep 09, 2008
@ urfriend /all

Nairaland and indeed this thread is an eye opener and God bless y'all.I will like someone to pls let me know how to knw the type of dcoder am using software wise(my decoder is hitv branded)but i will like to know if its 2.05 and need upgrading.

Also i bought my HITV decoder sometimes last month,not sure what the exact date is precisely but i guess its around 13th -14th.My fear is that i dnt wanna miss this weekend set of matches thus am thinking of payin before hand i.e b4 i get disconnected so is there a way i cld knw the disconnection date(av mailed hitv thru their site 3ice now and got no response) and also if its advisable to make payment b4 hand and not still get disconnected on the date am suppsed to get disconnected normally.

Also urfriend can you mail me to kay_pumpin79@yahoo.com with ur phone number as there are somethings i will like to find out as i hardly have the time to come online due to my tight schedule.Also respond to all this allegations by fellow nairalanders as per this guy Femmy and how its possible to go all the way to hitv office and still not get this upgrade sorted out inspite of the time one will spend there.

Thanks once again and God bless y'all
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 4:44pm On Sep 09, 2008
hi all,if you say eutelsat is not at fault,then who owns and controls the satellite in space?.hitv only uplinks,eutelsat's job is to check and make sure that it does surpass it's capacity.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 09, 2008
@kay-pumping,

since you are using an hitv branded decoder, just press menu on the remote control, scroll down to system information and ok it, your software hardware/software information will display.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by kaypumpin2(m): 8:03pm On Sep 09, 2008
@ ilugunboy

thanks.Did that and my decoder is 2.0.7 and built in feb 2008 and also its H03.Is this the latest version and do i still need to upgrade.My zee channel is not subtitling nather and i aint getting no epg.what next pple?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 8:18pm On Sep 09, 2008
EPG is no more working. Used to work on mine but its no more showing so maybe you shouldnt bother about it for now.

I still think Hitv is too slow in things.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by femo7(m): 8:51pm On Sep 09, 2008
Hitv is just too slow in operations. They will have to sit up this time around because if care is not taken, DaarSat will surpass and hijack EPL at the end of 2010.

No new channel(s), the epg is not working with the current time(for strong decoder),lots of crap channels,etc.

I'm still hanging on cos of the EPL, otherwise . . .
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 12:31am On Sep 10, 2008
hi all,let wait and see if daarsat can get the epl.bidding is not all about talking,it's by also action and good money.the software is september 2008,so you till need to upgrade.as for the epg timing they are working on it.new channels will come shortly.just be on the lookout.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by donaremu(m): 7:49am On Sep 10, 2008
Hello Urfriend,

My concern is new content (new channels). HiTV should add new content about documentary (e.g. discovery channel, National Geo., Zone Reality) and movies. cool
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by senga: 10:11am On Sep 10, 2008
Hi urfriend
Your comments:
hi all,if you say eutelsat is not at fault,then who owns and controls the satellite in space?.hitv only uplinks,eutelsat's job is to check and make sure that it does surpass it's capacity
This shows that you don't understand what is Hitv's responsibility and what is Eutelsats, they provide the space and it is Hitv that crams in the channels not Eutelsat.

On MPEG2 you can put 16 maybe 18 channels, you put sport on the transponder it will take it down to 12 or 14 because sport uses much more bandwidth that films, etc. That is why the signal breaks up, also the STB has a part to play. It would be interesting to know if Strong had the same problems seeing the football with their own box.

If you were on MPEG4 like DAAR you would not have this problem as they will be able to have up to 26 channels on MPEG4.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 11:36am On Sep 10, 2008
They are just too slow in everything.

And to think they started at the same time with GTV.

urfriend, you are doing a great job here but those guys at HITV need to sit up.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by kaysmith(f): 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2008
soloqy:

They are just too slow in everything.

And to think they started at the same time with GTV.

urfriend, you are doing a great job here but those guys at HITV need to sit up.

hey Sir

ROME wasnt built in a DAY
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by linksman(m): 1:46pm On Sep 10, 2008
@ urfriend,
i admire your patriotism for HiTv. but i can now see that you are beginning to suffer from BLIND patriotism, thereby causing you not to see clearly the faults of HiTv.
how can you put almost all HiTv technical faults on Eutelsat  
for your information, HiTv is not the only customer of eutelsat on their w4 bird that HiTv signals are beamed from. we also have DSTV, GTV and TRENDTV on that bird.
so, if Eutelsat is messing up, why aren't the signals of other pay tv providers affected as well?
if you, try to tell me that they are on different transponders, then let me inform you that HiTv shares transponders with GTV, and GTV was up and running smoothly all through the period HiTv signals were messing up.
if HiTv has their own dedicated transponder on the bird W4, how come that their transponder is the only malfunctioning one among all the transponders on eutelsat W4 bird
Let me use something more simpler to open your eyes.
lets assume you have a cell phone with an MTN sim in it. and almost on a regular basis, there's always a problem  with your line that prevents you from making or receiving calls. and that problem is only perculiar to you because you seem to be the only one experiencing the that problem. every other person you know using the same MTN network does not have the problems you are experiencing.
so, would you blame your predicament outrightly on MTN, or on your line or your equipment that houses your line, in this case your cellphone
My guy, open your eyes before HiTv poor services turn you to mugu!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2008
hi linksman,all am saying is that eutelsat is the landlord hitv is the tenant.the landlord must alway know when there is a fault in his/her house,and if so tell the tenant.check supersport 10 and espn classic then you will know what am saying.also how do u know gtv was n't affected?.please there is need for us to know that hitv is just 15months old.time,time,time please.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by femo7(m): 5:15pm On Sep 10, 2008
I definitely agree with you linksman. Hitv keeps blaming Eutelsat for every technical fault subsciber experiences. Now, the question is that: is it only hitv that is on W4 platform?

I have always said it that hitv refused to spend their money on equipment (e.g. scrambling/descrambling machine) and good contents necessary for a smooth take-off, instead, they went acquiring football rights here and there.

I think they should emulate GTV and let nigerians have value for their money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (46)

BBNaija 2019 Finalists: Mercy, Mike, Frodd, Omashola, Seyi And Diane / BBNaija: Cee-C's Side Boobs Flashed In Braless Photos / Movie Scenes That Nearly Killed Jackie Chan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.