Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,015 members, 7,835,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? - TV/Movies (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? (75273 Views)

Tinsel Series: Good Program Or Absolute Rubbish? / Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (46) (Go Down)

Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by donaremu(m): 12:16am On Nov 26, 2008
@Urfriend,

I am very glad that HiTV has added Setanta sport. Good job urfriend and HiTV, your cable platform is now more interesting. Any info on what to expect next year? TV station like Sky movies and Fox movies will be a lovely addition to your content.  cool
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by dre901(m): 10:49am On Nov 26, 2008
Good work HITV
I hope the new year will bring more,
I think we need movies channels to be added
And many more
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by papanono: 1:47pm On Nov 26, 2008
Now i can say they are on the track of chasing DTSV. But one thing i don't understand is their news channels they have Fox News, Sky News and BBC I don't know the reason why they have not add CNN up to date.And i heard they sign a deal with Uefa to show the Uefa Champions League what happen to that deal.HiTv Correct TV
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Dclique(m): 2:23pm On Nov 26, 2008
I was going through GTV'sHomepage,
And when i saw their programme highlight,
that was when i knew that HITV was far-far lacking behind,
in the Cable-Entertainment industry.
You can see yourself http://www.gtv.tv/en/sites/homepage/index,
I reserves ma comments,
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 2:36pm On Nov 26, 2008
hi,

please note that the uefa champions league on hitv starts from august 2009 next season.

as for CNN,they have a deal with dstv,so hitv or even gtv and any other operator in africa can't add CNN yet.

for programmes,many of those programmes (series,sitcoms and movies)aired by gtv would soon be on Hi Mix,hopfully from early next year.something is been worked out has i write you.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Dclique(m): 7:29pm On Nov 26, 2008
urfriend:

hi,

please note that the uefa champions league on hitv starts from august 2009 next season.

as for CNN,they have a deal with dstv,so hitv or even gtv and any other operator in africa can't add CNN yet.

for programmes,many of those programmes (series,sitcoms and movies)aired by gtv would soon be on Hi Mix,hopfully from early next year.something is been worked out has i write you.

August 2009!!! shocked shocked
Any how, If i were you i will give up on that HI-MIX of a channel.
They will never show good programs,
Pls, what is so hard you use #300 to buy those 18-in-one DVD'S and AIR them angry angry
so ppl could sit at home and enjoy what they subcribed for,
Instead,we watch 1985-2001 movies n programs undecided undecided
Haba!!! angry, Later they will say HITV CORRECT TV grin grin
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Goldman08: 11:52pm On Nov 26, 2008
@Dclique
Ahhh Dclique,make sure you don't allow HITV to just scramble off all your channels oooo grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by rocakay(m): 8:47am On Nov 27, 2008
GTV just added BET and Afro Music Channel to their station list. HiTv, wats happening?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 11:13am On Nov 27, 2008
hi rocakay,they(gtv)will be adding BET AND AFRO MUSIC CHANNEL MONDAY,that i knew a month now.has i earlier said in my posts,one's there is any developments i will let you know.i can't tell u what's coming up yet till they are sealed deals.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 11:17am On Nov 27, 2008
Dclique:

August 2009!!! shocked shocked
Any how, If i were you i will give up on that HI-MIX of a channel.
They will never show good programs,
please, what is so hard you use #300 to buy those 18-in-one DVD'S and AIR them >sad angry
so people could sit at home and enjoy what they subcribed for,
Instead,we watch 1985-2001 movies n programs undecided undecided
Haba!!! angry, Later they will say HITV CORRECT TV grin grin

Haba Dclique, they cant do that. It would be piracy of the highest order.

People Like Ben Bruce would lead the team of prosecutors that will ensure Hitv goes down if they try that.

Having said that, I hope Hitv wont think they have 'arrived' because Discovery and Setanta were finally added after months.

They should always keep up with the competition. GTV should be a case sturdy for them.

Since Hitv already has a working Relationship with Fox, I dont see what stops them from going for their other Entertainment Channels like Fox life, fox movies, etc.

It seems Fox group is a more flexible corporation to work with since almost everyone have a couple of their channels. Daarsat has up to five, Trend has , Dstv has foxlife GTV, has a couple.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by rocakay(m): 11:37am On Nov 27, 2008
@ urfriend, u guys need to move at a faster pace. Please don't get carried away by the Discovery and Setanta thingie, we still need a dedicated movie station, a musical station that is up to scratch and a series station that shows us the latest not dated series that we see.

@ Soloqy, i totally agree with u
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 12:35pm On Nov 27, 2008
hi,hitv knows that.when it's time you will find out the next up coming channels to be added by hitv.hitv is in talks with many of this channels and more.watch this space,
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 27, 2008
@urfriend,

Thank for the assistance yesterday.

However,why are you guys loading that 11900 transponder with so much channels?, i was thinking you were going to add setanta on the 12130. Now most of these Hi stations have gone from bad to worse. I hope this will be the last on that overused transponder.

Watching football on those hi channels this weekend is going to be insanely frustrating having in mind that sports consume lot of pixels.

@Soloqy

I eventually picked up the stuff some weeks back, how we take wash am now? grin, but my exams then didn't allow me time to settle down and put it up, until days ago.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by whimsical(m): 2:40pm On Nov 27, 2008
Hip, Hip, Huray, Hitv Tv (Small correct tv)

Una don try but make more effort because out of all your channels na only 6 abi 7 make sense. Others na just like dat.

All the same una don try.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by maskuraid(m): 3:02pm On Nov 27, 2008
YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yesterday i was confused and it was a good thing, i was confused/torn in btw watchin discover/setanta/SET.dat is d kind of confusion i like,confusion brought abt by availability of options.Now dt discovery has come,i have to confess i am less tempted to play my dvd,add dt to SET[some of d time] and others and u begin to catch my drift.hitv has done some, we give them kudos for dat,though it took some time but better late than never.now is d time to break clear and continue to move in leaps and bounds.lets take it to anoda level.lets have confused viewers who will have like 20 channels wit good programmin simultaneously.lets have viewers spoilt for choice,viewers buyin triple view decoders plus 10tv sets in their homes just because they dnt want to miss nothin, YES WE CAN!

b4 una think say na obama, i also saw some of ur new promos and i actually kinda like em, lets walk d walk after talkin d talk.i knw its possible.when u do well,we 'l praise and when u slack we go halla.for givin me discovery +setanta, 3ple gbosa!!!!!! grin, we hope more will come,

@ilugunboy, wlcm back.bn a while, we go hear better results by HIS grace.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by ekonibaje(m): 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2008
it was amazing when i can hear sology and rest talking abt hitv--for my life time calling hitv customer care 4 times picking my calling--in my life time --thinking possible--pls i learnt all hitv crew was in synagogue of all nation on sunday for proper delivarance on activation and subscription problem--dis are the facts, but wat remaing nw is transpoder problem dis as prove of abt wat it can takes--please urfriend dont diissappoint guys dis time around--pls let guys enjoy der 4 thousands naira ---and also am saying kudo to d mentor LLB TUNDE SHUIBAIR for giving a life time opportunity in breaking up d monopoly--of HIGH dstv --1 million that view dis forum needs films--nt only football--try to wear up people demands--to inform guys that dstv promo as started and we pray dat hitv promo follow suit--
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Banttie: 3:35pm On Nov 27, 2008
@urfriend
Pls how possible can u be of help,
Smartcard No- 01710067184-5
Teller No- 208386
Gtbank Anthony Branch
Thankz
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 27, 2008
@maskuraid,

Thank brov. How man go do na?, self development is quite important for progres in life.

how you dey and how is madam. mine stays permanently now in the room (i've taken over the sitting room with my "big boy" tv.) to watch her hi nolly stuff while am fixated to discovery world.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by niyi09(m): 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2008
@ekonibaje
i sent you a mail and you did not reply,how do i get to see you about the decoder upgrade
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 4:06pm On Nov 27, 2008
hi all,

note that the adding of setanta didn't affect any of the Hi channels.the 11900 h 27500 is not overloaded.remember i told you guys eutelsat was working on something,that was what they were working on.the freq was expanded.

there is work in-progress in getting more top class channels.keep you guys informed on any new developments.

the picture quality of the hi channels are been worked on and soon you shall all see it.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 27, 2008
urfriend, that means the issues with the hi channels has to be from your end and not eutelsat.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 4:27pm On Nov 27, 2008
@Ilugunboy

Well done o. So how una dey manage? Can you guys watch two different channels at the same time or did you get any other card?

With the LCD, I can imagine your experience now.

@Maskuraid

Abi? If dem do well we go praise them but there is still more work to be done as per channels. I understand what you mean. I havent changed from Discovery since it came on.

@ekonibaje

I hear you. I paid yesterday and was activated yesterday too.

I called their office after payment and I was shocked out of my socks when someone actually picked at the first ring.

The guy told me that i would be activated automatically and that i didnt have to call.

True enough, I put on my TV that evening and it was up.

Wow grin

Ok now, lets get back to the business of adding more channels, dear Hitv
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 27, 2008
@soloqy
For now, they watch whatever am watching while in the room, it's when am not around or busy with other things that they can dare grin change the channel from discovery. cheesy
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 4:34pm On Nov 27, 2008
WELL LET'S JUST SAY FROM BOTH.it has to do with uplink bandwidth,which is been work on by eutelsat and hitv
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 4:43pm On Nov 27, 2008
hi sology pls what's your mail address?.i need to speak to you.

expecting a reply from u soonest
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by ekonibaje(m): 5:29pm On Nov 27, 2008
niyi --i tried in callg ur line but to my surprise i cannt get through--i promise to come over--thks--urfriend all i love ur courage and i believe u will get there--please try to give us films and kindly tell me whre there is few hitv system outside--der is knw more system here in  ikorodu--or are u working on new agenda--or what--av sold almost 600 units of hitv--this year only--and am going to sell more
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2008
@ ekonibaje,
are u for hitv or FTA satellite? you better let me knownow ooo.

@ urfriend,
you and your company are trying to deprive us we that are on FTA satellite our joy of watching premeirship matches live and free, abi?

May your company never see the light of the day when their premiership rights expire,
and by the where were you working before you joined this scammers in hitv, wait and you'll see that we'll have the last laugh.

The voice of the majority is the voice of the deities
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 8:06pm On Nov 27, 2008
@urfriend

I sent you a mail to your mailbox. Thats my email.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 10:30pm On Nov 27, 2008
hi enitan,
hitv never had a hand in the cut off of RDV.remember in senegal and africa ,RDV as many battle it's fighting.there is GTV,DSTV and CANAL HORIZION on their neck.so please don't use HITV to express ur anger,lay that anger to gtv,dstv and canal +.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by figment232(m): 11:06am On Nov 28, 2008
urfriend please help me reactivate account.I made payment this morning at GTB effurun branch.i made a pyament of N4000,my smart card number is 017100368814 and my receipt number is 372545.My name is OKODASO PETER ENAJITE
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by dre901(m): 11:46am On Nov 28, 2008
@All
I got the surprise of my life when i got home yesterday and found a Hitv magazine waiting for me at my door step. i was so surprised and impressed that i had to ask my neighbors how did the magazine get to my door step. And they told me that some people from hitv came to distribute the Nov edition of the magazine to all subscribers and my name with my address was well printed on paper on the transparent foil. Good work Hitv. U guys are getting there. But you guys should do more in the coming year by providing us with a dedicated movie channel, get your EPG working properly and subtitle all foreign language channels. Am very sure by next year, greater things to come.

@Urfriend
Good Job.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by mabelly: 11:49am On Nov 28, 2008
Dem try ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobut never send come my own House am still expecting sha, abi Na Only ur name dey on there list ni bros

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (46)

BBNaija 2019 Finalists: Mercy, Mike, Frodd, Omashola, Seyi And Diane / BBNaija: Cee-C's Side Boobs Flashed In Braless Photos / Movie Scenes That Nearly Killed Jackie Chan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.