Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,997 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage (14602 Views)

She Couldn't Cum Easily In Her Previous Relationship But Now She Can / What To Do When A Girl Doesnt Want A Serious Relationship But A Casual One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by MISSWORLD1(f): 1:22pm On Jan 17, 2008
How long should one stay in a relationship before marriage? I've been in a relationship with my very good friend for 7 years. In a friendship filled with lots of love, but the relationship is not going to the next level-marriage.

He does not have a job, house, no feasible plans, etc, but I'm working, though I'm not happy cause he is not happy. What do i do? I've got lots of toasters that I've been putting off, because of the guy, What do I do? I need to make a positive decision these year, 2008, my year of fulfillment.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by sistajay(f): 2:23pm On Jan 17, 2008
My sista how your man fit talk marriage wen im no get work, house. For now na only love im get to give you and dat no go pay for de rent and all de other things in life. Some people fit meet today and marry tomorrow, e depends on the couples. No forget your biological clock dey tick everyday o, na only you fit decide wetin you wan do for here.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by choco4life(m): 2:27pm On Jan 17, 2008
@ poster,
Take to ur heels.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by semidaraeb(m): 2:35pm On Jan 17, 2008
@poster

its ur call think well before u make the next move?
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 17, 2008
how come you just realised that this relationship is not headed anywhere? it was never moving in the beginning, because if it was, then he shud have found ways of making some cash to keep you as his wife or do you want to feed him for the rest of your life? sister open ur eyes, this is 2008 and i'm glad you realised that.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by obi99: 2:42pm On Jan 17, 2008
Depends on how old you are. You've invested time in this relationship, and it might be worth the wait. However, there is a danger that the man may become successful and take off. I know this is a very harsh thing to say but it's often true. So please just watch your back.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by coopedro(m): 2:57pm On Jan 17, 2008
My dear jst be patient em.

shebi the guy first dey try? if not wetin u dey wait for since.

Jst keep praying 4 him
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 17, 2008
MISS WORLD:

How long should one stay in a relationship before marriage? I've been in a relationship with my very good friend for 7 years. In a friendship filled with lots of love, but the relationship is not going to the next level-marriage.

He does not have a job, house, no feasible plans, etc, but I'm working, though I'm not happy cause he is not happy. What do i do? I've got lots of toasters that I've been putting off, because of the guy, What do I do? I need to make a positive decision these year, 2008, my year of fulfillment.

What struck me most is what i ave highlighted above, i mean people are jobless and dont have anything but at least they have plans of doing something to save themselves from the horrible situation but in a case where the fellow has no plans, my dear am sorry you might suffer. first and foremost talk to him and ask him what he is up to and what he intends to do, if no positive response, my dear i am sorry but you have to run embarassed embarassed. Their are some guys that are just comfortable with laziness and living on a woman, (i have dated one before)and trust me that is how it will be for the rest of your life unless their is a divine intervention.
All i am saying is if you are comfortable with being the bread winner then u can hang on and even marry him if not runnnnnnnnnnnnnnn for your dear life.
My two Cents.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by sexlover: 3:14pm On Jan 17, 2008
@poster,  The distance between your question and answer is the distance between you knees and the ground. If you want to find fulfilment as you say, then our opinion should not matter. Marriage is not like studying for an exam with a particular set of questions and options, like a to d to choose from. There is no predefined set of rules for success in marriage. Besides, marriage takes three people, your partner, yourself & GOD. You need faith to decide whether you want to get married and you also need the same faith to stay in it. If you truly want to get married to this guy of yours as you claim, despite d fact that he has nothing, then stake your faith and hold on just a little longer. You believe in dis guy & dats y u've held onto him this long. Pray 4 a breakthrough 4 ur guy.

However, if things don't change when you expect them 2 change, does that mean you will abandon the cause?

Your faith is being tested. Every relatiionship has to have a test and a testimony to share with and encourage others. Don't give up on the brink of your miracle. Behind every dark cloud, there's a silver lining.

I suggest you spend time fasting for God to show you his will.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by awonboiz: 3:26pm On Jan 17, 2008
@aysometin

I feel you cheesy
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by Joey82(m): 3:34pm On Jan 17, 2008
@poster,
has d r/ship lasted ten yrs as in d topic or seven yrs as in d body of ur message, whichever, d next step i feel u have 2 take is to first of all discuss with ur lover boy on what he's got in stock 4 u, that time isnt ticking backwards, hear what he'll say b/4 moving on.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by fables(f): 3:44pm On Jan 17, 2008
sexlover:

@poster, The distance between your question and answer is the distance between you knees and the ground. If you want to find fulfilment as you say, then our opinion should not matter. Marriage is not like studying for an exam with a particular set of questions and options, like a to d to choose from. There is no predefined set of rules for success in marriage. Besides, marriage takes three people, your partner, yourself & GOD. You need faith to decide whether you want to get married and you also need the same faith to stay in it. If you truly want to get married to this guy of yours as you claim, despite d fact that he has nothing, then stake your faith and hold on just a little longer. You believe in this guy & that is y u've held onto him this long. Pray 4 a breakthrough 4 your guy.

However, if things don't change when you expect them 2 change, does that mean you will abandon the cause?

Your faith is being tested. Every relatiionship has to have a test and a testimony to share with and encourage others. Don't give up on the brink of your miracle. Behind every dark cloud, there's a silver lining.

I suggest you spend time fasting for God to show you his will.

sexlover you really make a point especially your last word about seeking for God will that is very important, so my sister look before u leap.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by lamyem: 4:00pm On Jan 17, 2008
follow ur mind or wait another 7years
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by Busta(f): 4:01pm On Jan 17, 2008
@topic
U really gotta move on!
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 17, 2008
I thot the poster said no feasible plans!!!!!!![/b]So whats with all this u believe in him and hang on and stuff.
Dont Quite get u guys!
Even the bible says a man who can't fend for his family is worse than an infidel and ofcourse we all know no food for lazy man with no [b]feasible plans!

Awon Boiz.
How Far grin grin
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by Bblak(f): 4:07pm On Jan 17, 2008
Thats quite a long time my sister.A decadeI will advice u still give him more time since u've already waited dis long.talk tins over with him and try to know or envisage his plans and aspirations for the future including you.But if no positive changes, i'll suggest you run as fast as ur legs can carry you.Time waits for no man o.My view
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by adeboo(f): 4:13pm On Jan 17, 2008
You say you are in a relationship with your 'good friend' - undecided
Good friend and u are expecting marriage?

but if u have been in a loving relationship for ten years and its going nowhere- then, what are u waiting for?
He doesnt have a job and doesnt plan to get one. So this is the preview of things to come - he appears irresponsible.

Just see it as ten years of ur life wasted, girl - whats the point of investing into something that has no returns. isnt that just a waste of time.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by Carlosein(m): 4:18pm On Jan 17, 2008
@poster, is it ten years or seven?

kindly give us an idea of how old you are and the guy in question too.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by zheroes(m): 4:24pm On Jan 17, 2008
i really appreciate the different comments i have read so far.

if you really love this guy then i guess both of you can work out things together as both of you have to decide the way forward, what are his plans? will he continue like this? if he can get into a business then you can start  praying  to GOD to bless the business and his effort. as for him doing nothing about it? then you will become the bread winner.

i dont advocate jumping out of a relationship, until all visible options are exhausted, who knows you could be jumping from frying pan to fire, so be careful.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by zheroes(m): 4:29pm On Jan 17, 2008
i really appreciate the different comments i have read so far.

if you really love this guy then i guess both of you can work things out together as both of you have to decide the way forward, what are his plans? will he continue like this? if he can get into a business then you can start  praying  to GOD to bless the business and his effort. as for him doing nothing about it? then you will become the bread winner.

i dont advocate jumping out of a relationship, until all visible options are exhausted, who knows you could be jumping from frying pan to fire, so be careful.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by denony(m): 5:27pm On Jan 17, 2008
According to Holy Bible "Prayer is the master key in every relationship"
If you really love him iron it out with him, try and know his plans for the future.

With God all things are possible.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by weebee(f): 5:30pm On Jan 17, 2008
If sincerely you know that the guy is not a lazy man and he loves you for who you are and
not for the fact that you have a job then you can wait for him and be praying for him.
But
If you are sceptical about him in anyway my dear r. u. n. Run! becos what is the assurance
that he would still stay with you when he gets a job, men could be dangerouse you know?
I will also advise you to be careful and prayerful when you want to go into another relationship.
Having stayed 7yrs with this guy means there is sth good about him
So my dear you know better than all of us.
Seek the face of God over this before you take a decision
best of luck
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by uspry1(f): 5:42pm On Jan 17, 2008
Why in the world you wait for your man over 7-10 years of relationship---no propose for marriage? TOO LONG!!!

For you if you still love him very much and could not leave him----GO AHEAD MARRY HIM at your own wedding expenses and BE YOURSELF BREADWINNER! nothing wrong with it!!

For me personally, after 6 months to 1 year relationship getting know each other deep level, if this guy STILL IS JOBLESS, LAZY, COMMITMENT-PHOBIA and NO FEASIBLE PLAN----I dump him FAST! NOT DAMN WORTH FOR ME, i cannot allow anyone take advantage of me!
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by Gamba(f): 5:49pm On Jan 17, 2008
@ poster
shocked 7 yEARS
I sincerely hope none of YOU get to dissapoint each other because 7 Good Years no be MOIMOI.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by sagitarius(m): 7:56pm On Jan 17, 2008
think b4 u act, ure in d best position 2 do it
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by indie(f): 8:14pm On Jan 17, 2008
7/10 years in a relationship with a guy with "no feasible plans"?!!! girl u haven't told us the real problem here. u have to get to the root of the problem: is he under some kind of curse? is he a graduate? can he read and write? is he 'physically challenged', were u betrothed to him at birth? r u older than he is, as in sugar mummy? r u somehow 'irrevocably' tied to him/or indebted to him?, etc.

if none of the above, then RUN as fast as ur legs can carry u. the guy is a leech! and he'll suck u dry!

if u still insist on sticking to with him, , suit urself. afterall jacob in the bible worked for 14 years (7 years + 7 years) for his wife. likewise, u may have just entered the 2nd phase of ur own 14 years!!!
a word is enough for the wise!

1 Like

Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by indie(f): 8:16pm On Jan 17, 2008
7/10 years in a relationship with a guy with "no feasible plans"?!!!  girl u haven't told us the real problem here. u have to get to the root of the problem: is he under some kind of curse? is he a graduate? can he read and write? is he 'physically challenged', were u betrothed to him at birth? r u older than he is, as in sugar mummy? r u somehow 'irrevocably' tied to him/or indebted to him?, etc.

if none of the above, then RUN as fast as ur legs can carry u. the guy is a leech! and he'll suck u dry!

if u still insist on sticking to with him, , suit urself. afterall jacob in the bible worked for 14 years (7 years + 7 years) for his wife. likewise, u may have just entered the 2nd phase of ur own 14 years!!!
a word is enough for the wise!
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by tosinadeda: 8:21pm On Jan 17, 2008
na curse abi na wetin?
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by caring(m): 8:31pm On Jan 17, 2008
i believe all relationships should be defined. make up your mind as to what to do. hey! remember each day you are getting older. wish you the best.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by osisi5: 8:31pm On Jan 17, 2008
You people are  funny with all your  posts.
But come o,did she say 7 years or 7 weeks?

checking

Tufiakwa!!!!! 7 years it is.

@ the poster,run run run.
Someone asked you to pray,I advise you to pray while running.
If you make the mistake of marrying this man,in the next 7 years,you'll be the mother of 7 kids
asking for hand outs from relatives to support them since it seems the only thing this your man has going for him may be his sexual prowess.
dump the zero and get you a hero
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by osisi5: 8:35pm On Jan 17, 2008
choco4life says you should take to your heels,I agree totally.
On your marks,set,goooooooooooooo
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by tosinadeda: 8:39pm On Jan 17, 2008
there is fire on the mountain run run run run shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Have A Fiancee But I Impregnated Another Girl / Have You Ever Been Caught Having Sex? / Kissed By My Boyfriend's Best Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.