Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? (3749 Views)

Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! / I'm Dating My Friend's Sister But He Doesn't Know. / [Kissing] Your Partner Doesn't Know How To Kiss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 02, 2012
I really want to know what guys mean when they say ladies can't cook. Do you mean she doesn't know the procedure or even the right ingredients to use...that is when put in a kitchen she is lost or you mean someone who knows the procedure but puts too much salt or maggi or too little or BOTH
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by tellwsdom: 11:58pm On Oct 02, 2012
`
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by P4VS20: 9:07pm On Dec 27, 2012
it means both. no proceedure, no taste.

i only believe, a guy should know how to cook too. atleast, she can learn from him. or they both starve. lol
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 27, 2012
It's a general statement and depends on the girl in question. It can range from not knowing how to boil eggs to a girl preparing ofe owerri that even the devil will reject.
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by mashnino(m): 9:11pm On Dec 27, 2012
We mean both.....
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 27, 2012
"It is a pitiable dismal pismal. . ."

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by 2kurupt(m): 12:18am On Dec 28, 2012
all of the above .. The reason for this ain't because they can't learn. Most don't have the passion to cook but see as a chore
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Nobody: 1:06am On Dec 28, 2012
2kurupt: all of the above .. The reason for this ain't because they can't learn. Most don't have the passion to cook but see as a chore
Story of my liiiife
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by dokunbam(m): 1:42am On Dec 28, 2012
Choicegirl: I really want to know what guys mean when they say ladies can't cook. Do you mean she doesn't know the procedure or even the right ingredients to use...that is when put in a kitchen she is lost or you mean someone who knows the procedure but puts too much salt or maggi or too little or BOTH

all of the above
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by dmcdad: 5:13am On Dec 28, 2012
sexkillz: "It is a pitiable dismal pismal. . ."

It is regrettably lugubrious...

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Mynd44: 5:40am On Dec 28, 2012
When men say that, it means, she either does not know the ingredients or procedure and insome really sorry cases, she does not know bothgringringringrin

Nigerian men are always looking for women who can cook. Them don take food do una. No wonder many of us has been bewitched through that meandcheesycheesycheesycheesy
Abeg nobody should quote me oootonguetonguetongue

But personally, I think not everyone can cook. Cooking to me is more like an artwork. Some people have a natural eye out for it and can almost never fail while some while some can get all the teachers in the world and still sucj at it.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 28, 2012
ewwww! poster you remind me of my female friend.
*sobs*
Shes one of the best cook I've ever met.
All-round expert..

on a serious note, inability to cook na disease ooooooo! grin The good thing is you can always learn.
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by dmcdad: 7:59am On Dec 28, 2012
acidosis™:
ewwww! poster you remind me of my female friend.
*sobs*
Shes one of the best cook I've ever met.
All-round expert..

on a serious note, inability to cook na disease ooooooo! grin The good thing is you can always learn.

That's where I stand. I don't have a problem if a lady doesn't know how to cook or something. The thing with me is, are you ready to learn If you are, then we are good to go.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Mynd44: 8:08am On Dec 28, 2012
dmcdad:

That's where I stand. I don't have a problem if a lady doesn't know how to cook or something. The thing with me is, are you ready to learn If you are, then we are good to go.
True!!!!
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Jambsupport(f): 11:02am On Dec 28, 2012
dats why we hv cooking schs. she shud enrol wit one n stop whiming
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 28, 2012
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by plendil: 11:31am On Dec 28, 2012
@OP coming from a man, it coculd be seen as pretty subjective. Not that she's ad per say but because he's comparing her with someone way better eg his mum

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Nobody: 1:12am On Jul 08, 2013
she is Useless
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by aniiii(f): 1:16am On Jul 08, 2013
just marry a non-african undecided

woow op you are stunning!! and I love your signature cool

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Mynd44: 5:34am On Jul 08, 2013
Smh.....
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Enegod(m): 7:45am On Jul 08, 2013
old thread
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by k2039: 8:35am On Jul 08, 2013
ogugua88: It's a general statement and depends on the girl in question. It can range from not knowing how to boil eggs to a girl preparing ofe owerri that even the devil will reject.
This is the new theory of relativity as amended by Ogugua88.
@Op, it's all about the man's point of reference, it's just relative, the best is to ask your boyfriend what he means precisely when he tells you that you can cook and you make amends.
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by k2039: 8:37am On Jul 08, 2013
dmcdad:

you can as well get a maid/cook to safe yourself unnecessary pain.
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Kirinwa: 11:47am On Jul 08, 2013
ogugua88: It's a general statement and depends on the girl in question. It can range from not knowing how to boil eggs to a girl preparing ofe owerri that even the devil will reject.

I gbadun you! grin
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Kirinwa: 11:55am On Jul 08, 2013
dmcdad:

I very much doubt that.She may promise to learn before but once you put the ring on it.You're on a long tin. It gets worse if you're a Christian where she's not expected to visit you to talk of cooking for you.
She didn't learn it in her father's house to talk of yours.It gets complicated with this generation of BB pinging, indomie eating gals.
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 08, 2013
The problem here is most girls refuse to learn how to cook. I used to be an advocate of getting a housegirl until my parents talked sense into my head. My father taught me how to slice tomatoes and okra. He tried teaching me how to peel yam quickly without wasting it but most times i let him do it.

Now i so much enjoy cooking and i owe it to my dad and elder brother. My mum tries in her own little way whenever she is around.
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Monicasque(f): 12:13pm On Jul 08, 2013
sometimes its knowing how to cook but cooking bad tasting food coz i think anyone can cook but not everyone can make good food
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 08, 2013
aniiii: just marry a non-african undecided

woow op you are stunning!! and I love your signature cool

Good idea
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by dmcdad: 12:38pm On Jul 08, 2013
k2039: you can as well get a maid/cook to safe yourself unnecessary pain.
Never!!! I am not in that league... My wife must be the one to cook my meals. And that doesn't mean I wanna subject her to slavery as most girls would think, but it's my principle and nothing changes it. I will always assist her in my own way and as a matter of fact, I would have a special day in the week set out for me to do the cooking and all other chores of the house...

I can never be a party to getting maid and/or getting food outside... We all should be disciplined enough to be able to carry out our fundamental duties....

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by k2039: 12:59pm On Jul 08, 2013
dmcdad:
Never!!! I am not in that league... My wife must be the one to cook my meals. And that doesn't mean I wanna subject her to slavery as most girls would think, but it's my principle and nothing changes it. I will always assist her in my own way and as a matter of fact, I would have a special day in the week set out for me to do the cooking and all other chores of the house...

I can never be a party to getting maid and/or getting food outside... We all should be disciplined enough to be able to carry out our fundamental duties....
I laugh in swahili, you mean she will still cook when she becomes the DG of SEC.
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Henrypraise: 1:13pm On Jul 08, 2013
A lady hu doesn't knw how to cook is but not limited to the lady:

1. Hu spends half a day cookin a small pot of soup. U got to be timely wit d fud.

2. Hu has cooked egusi soup for her hubby tasting same way in d last ten years (even if its sweet) a lil variety doesn't hurt.

3. Hu doesn't experiment wit cuisines.

4. Hu is gifted wit only her native meal n doesn't giv a damn about continental or baking or other local cuisines.

5. Hu doesn't knw how to serve d cooked fud to her hubby.

6. Hu doesn't knw how to buy items in d market

7. Hu doesn't knw how to manage. wink wink

Pls don't crucify me, post urs.
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Kirinwa: 1:31pm On Jul 08, 2013
k2039: I laugh in swahili, you mean she will still cook when she becomes the DG of SEC.

Why not?That's where humility comes in.Whatever she is in the corporate world, na for her pocket o.Once she gets back she's still a wife.Ever wondered why marriages fail?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help!!!!!she Suspects Her Boyfriend Is Gay. / Am I Wrong? / My Not So Nice Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.