Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,296 members, 7,829,687 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents (5860 Views)

Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories / Husband Said He Is No Longer Gonna Make Out With His Wife Cos The Vagina Is Lax / Hubby Won't Talk To Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by queenesthr(f): 11:25am On Oct 05, 2012
If you have this number of issues before marriage, then I can assure you that after marriage you will have ten times more. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by 234GT(m): 8:11pm On Oct 10, 2012
Leave the girl for her parents. It is not worth the stress. There are so many girls out there. The agony you will go through is not worth it.
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by hassymo5(m): 5:51am On Oct 11, 2012
234GT: Leave the girl for her parents. It is not worth the stress. There are so many girls out there. The agony you will go through is not worth it.
queenesthr: If you have this number of issues before marriage, then I can assure you that after marriage you will have ten times more. A word is enough for the wise.
i understand what u guys are saying but i finding it hard to break up with her,,,she seees me as the only one who console her,,,
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 13, 2012
What do YOU want to do? Do you want to leave or stay?
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by hassymo5(m): 2:48am On Oct 15, 2012
andromida: What do YOU want to do? Do you want to leave or stay?
marriage without parent consent wont be ok and leaving the girl alone in this fight is also nt right,,, so im comfused!!!
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 15, 2012
So you cant leave her and you will not marry her without her parents consent. What will make them give you their consent?
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by hassymo5(m): 2:54pm On Oct 15, 2012
andromida: So you cant leave her and you will not marry her without her parents consent. What will make them give you their consent?

i dont know, you tell me!!!!
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 16, 2012
I don't know what will make them give their consent but your woman knows why don't you ask her? we can start from here.
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by hassymo5(m): 3:20pm On Oct 16, 2012
andromida: I don't know what will make them give their consent but your woman knows why don't you ask her? we can start from here.

she doesn't, all she knows is that they hate Catholics and their reason is Catholics doesn't allow their girls to marry outside catholic!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 16, 2012
Your woman needs to go ask her parents what it will take for them to accept you. Maybe join their church undecided
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by hassymo5(m): 10:18am On Oct 22, 2012
andromida: Your woman needs to go ask her parents what it will take for them to accept you. Maybe join their church undecided

thats not the problem,,, her father doesnt want his daughter to marry, he is retired, and the man is putting his eye on his daughters salary,, imagine a father telling his daughter to place him on salary,, and always give him money for fuel,,, she wanted to look for a place to stay but he refuse saying why is it that she want to leave them, is it because she is working siad the father to his daughter, she is the one who takes all the responsibilities in her house she end with out a kobo every month,, she has been workin for two years and has nothing to show,,, guys i wanted to call it off, but she keep tellin me that im the only one consoling her,,, she has been bringin guys to the house and they keep rejecting because of some reason,, any time they ask her to quite she does, but in my case she couldnt and she dont why,, i keep asking her why she cant leave me,, she keep saying she dont know.,,, guys this is hard on me and dis girl,, she said to me nobody can prevent her from marrying me,, but the pressure is too much on her to call it off,, anytime she get her salary shes not happy,, why because nothing is remaining,, guys she always want to stay with me cos she is always happy with me, so you can see why is not easy on me to leave dis girl!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 22, 2012
Stop saying she always wants to stay with you because she is happy with you. What about you? are you not happy to have her in your life or the feeling of being needed by someone is the reason you are still keeping the relationship. This girl how old is she? how old are you? are you working?
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by okine4real: 2:38pm On Oct 22, 2012
i think i would comment on this issue. i just got married, and i know, my mother does not love mine wife. first,it depends on the kind of gift God has given you. If you are the kind of person that when your parents says A and you do B. and b always wwork for you, then go and do B. The Gospel truth is most times we do better than what our parents wants because you understand yourself better. Let me even give you a very strong reason while your marriage would be more successful. Even if you you dont have money to feed your wife or you are having normal issues possess by married couples, the both of you would always find a way to settle it because your wife has know family to go and report too. Sometimes its better to listen to the parents while sometimes you dont.

As for what i see. the parents knows if they allow you to marry there Daughter, their benefits from there Lovely Daughter would seize, which is normal, once the lady is married, her attention would shift to her husband and childern. But try and solve the issue diplomatically. As a NL suggested. start going to there church and see if the story would change. but i know, they would still change the story because as i can see, the parents are scared of lossing there daughter because she is the one feeding the family.

As for me, am just 31 years of age. i have started working for mine retirement age already. i dont believe in waiting for mine children before i would eat when am old. because when a parent has such kind of mentalily, they tend to get scared when there bread winner Son or daughter is getting married. Am talking from experience, mine mother is not happy with me anymore because her pocket money has decreased.

My conclussion is i where the writer, i would go ahead and marry the babe, because the kind of person that i am, my decisions always work for me. i dont care if her father is there or not. if the papa nor want make dem pay him daughter bride price when he is Alive, i would pay it when he is DEAD. when you look in the streets of lagos, there are lots of couples that are married and they did only court marriage. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IS LOVE...........PARENTS BLESSING OR NOT. MARRIAGE THAT WOULD NOT WORKK WOULD NOT WORK GBA, IF YOU LIKE MAKE YOU GO BRING POPE MAKE HIM COME BLESS UNA MARRIAGE

2 Likes

Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by hassymo5(m): 4:43pm On Oct 22, 2012
andromida: Stop saying she always wants to stay with you because she is happy with you. What about you? are you not happy to have her in your life or the feeling of being needed by someone is the reason you are still keeping the relationship. This girl how old is she? how old are you? are you working?

sorry i love her so much too,, i also love staying with her,, im 30 yrs old she is 26 yrs old!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by hassymo5(m): 4:47pm On Oct 22, 2012
okine4real: i think i would comment on this issue. i just got married, and i know, my mother does not love mine wife. first,it depends on the kind of gift God has given you. If you are the kind of person that when your parents says A and you do B. and b always wwork for you, then go and do B. The Gospel truth is most times we do better than what our parents wants because you understand yourself better. Let me even give you a very strong reason while your marriage would be more successful. Even if you you dont have money to feed your wife or you are having normal issues possess by married couples, the both of you would always find a way to settle it because your wife has know family to go and report too. Sometimes its better to listen to the parents while sometimes you dont.

As for what i see. the parents knows if they allow you to marry there Daughter, their benefits from there Lovely Daughter would seize, which is normal, once the lady is married, her attention would shift to her husband and childern. But try and solve the issue diplomatically. As a NL suggested. start going to there church and see if the story would change. but i know, they would still change the story because as i can see, the parents are scared of lossing there daughter because she is the one feeding the family.

As for me, am just 31 years of age. i have started working for mine retirement age already. i dont believe in waiting for mine children before i would eat when am old. because when a parent has such kind of mentalily, they tend to get scared when there bread winner Son or daughter is getting married. Am talking from experience, mine mother is not happy with me anymore because her pocket money has decreased.

My conclussion is i where the writer, i would go ahead and marry the babe, because the kind of person that i am, my decisions always work for me. i dont care if her father is there or not. if the papa nor want make dem pay him daughter bride price when he is Alive, i would pay it when he is DEAD. when you look in the streets of lagos, there are lots of couples that are married and they did only court marriage. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IS LOVE...........PARENTS BLESSING OR NOT. MARRIAGE THAT WOULD NOT WORKK WOULD NOT WORK GBA, IF YOU LIKE MAKE YOU GO BRING POPE MAKE HIM COME BLESS UNA MARRIAGE

guy i love your comment,,, im grateful,,even if i go to their church i dont think they would accept me,,,like i siad im not the firstb person to be rejected by them,, but my own case is different,, instead of her leaving me as instructed she keep loving me the more thas what is causin the wahala
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by integrityfood: 9:41am On Oct 23, 2012
I reckon that you are even lucky that you have not married her yet before the parent come showing their true colours!!! A wicked man can kill her daughter to set you up for life. be wise. God will not blame you for leaving her cos she is not your wife but people will blame you for ignoring vital signs. Your girl is not your wife but someone's daughter!!! be true to her and give them a timeline to decide and tell your girl to join you in prayer and fasting for god's will to be done. listen to God afterwards and act accordingly.
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 23, 2012
hassymo5:

Sorry i love her so much too,, i also love staying with her,, im 30 yrs old she is 26 yrs old!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok. do you have a steady source of income? I will advice to join the church ignore the story of others that have been rejected. I asked if you love her because i want to be sure of how far you will go for her that being said be regular in the church i am sure they will either be very angry or accept you seeing how far you are willing to go for her.

Your woman needs to make up her mind too does she want to remain a servant child or grow up. All the tears in the world will not solve your problems if she is unwilling to fight for herself and what she believes is right for her. It is true that parents can sometimes see what a child cannot see it is also true that parents have misled their children which is why you have to sit down and critically assess why you have to marry this girl and if all the hassle is worth it same goes for her. Meanwhile join the church regardless of what the outcome may be this is a first step. leave no space for ifs. Even men that just want to hit and run start attending services in a particular church just to win the girl over how much more you who wants to marry her.

Both of you might also want to take a rest from all this trouble and just live a day at a time. Enjoy life and be happy. Sometimes when a relationship is too intense you manufacture feelings that are not even there, you build the relationship on winning the battle at all cost. Take a breather. Life is good, you must not marry now if you are sure she is the one for you a little patience will not kill both of you. Don't act like a mumu for any parent to marry their daughter be yourself i know i said you should change church, that does not make you less of a man just someone that is willing to make a sacrifice for someone he values however i caution against mumuish behavior because you must not lose all yourself in the bid to love or win anyone. Pray earnestly for direction concerning the issue. Goodluck
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by hassymo5(m): 1:27pm On Oct 23, 2012
integrityfood: I reckon that you are even lucky that you have not married her yet before the parent come showing their true colours!!! A wicked man can kill her daughter to set you up for life. be wise. God will not blame you for leaving her cos she is not your wife but people will blame you for ignoring vital signs. Your girl is not your wife but someone's daughter!!! be true to her and give them a timeline to decide and tell your girl to join you in prayer and fasting for god's will to be done. listen to God afterwards and act accordingly.
love doesnt come easy my friend,,, i have to stay by her in the struggle,,, dis is when she will try to know if i truely love her and me tryin to see if she loves me,,,,
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by divinelove(m): 6:46am On Oct 24, 2012
Ur girl is nt mature enough for marriage given her inability to take her decision n face her parents. All those crying n crying over selfish comments by her parents is a sure sign of dt. Leave her immediately bc she is a girl whose decisions are made by her parents. If u marry her u ll regret it bc her parents ll control ur home frm their house. Mum said this, dad said dt is all u ll get frm her in marriage which ll b horrible. U need a girl dt can take her decisions. Be wise
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by hassymo5(m): 11:41am On Oct 24, 2012
divinelove: Ur girl is nt mature enough for marriage given her inability to take her decision n face her parents. All those crying n crying over selfish comments by her parents is a sure sign of dt. Leave her immediately bc she is a girl whose decisions are made by her parents. If u marry her u ll regret it bc her parents ll control ur home frm their house. Mum said this, dad said dt is all u ll get frm her in marriage which ll b horrible. U need a girl dt can take her decisions. Be wise
i love your comment,, thats where the problem is also,, because she beginning to take decision on me, that is what is causing alot of wahala,,, she had brought so many boyfriends but she is been ask to leave them and as a good girl she obey,, but when we started they said all what i mention above but the girl refused,, that is why they are not happy because she refused to respect them,i was the one that suggested we split but she said she is willing to take the cross on this one!!!!
so thats where we are now!!!!!!!
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by hassymo5(m): 2:02am On Nov 04, 2012
pls talk to us more
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by hassymo5(m): 2:03am On Nov 04, 2012
pls advice us more!!!!
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by hassymo5(m): 2:04am On Nov 04, 2012
we need help
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by Nobody: 5:49am On Nov 04, 2012
I must confess, am also suffering from the same issue, though mine is she's a Jehova Witness. My fiancé suggested we go for court marriage at first, I disagreed cus I felt with little pressure from her, her parents especially her mum would give their consent to our marriage but over a year plus nothing positive is coming out, I had to later agree we go for the court wedding but am beginning to notice that my girl is developing cold feet. She keeps telling me that she is buying into my previous idea of getting our parents consent before marriage. That if I do love her that I can switch church just to please her parents then later we decide on our church as a family. My problem is ; won't my switching to their church offend my own religion and my own God, doesn't it show that her parents would have undue influence over our marriage if I yield to their demand? Though my parents have wielded into the issue by visiting her parents and advising them to give us their consent since the both of us are in love but still her mother is adamant, my parents later have to give me consent to wed her in a court that sooner or later, her parents would come to their senses. What must I do, cus I do from my heart love this girl and I know she does love me too.
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 04, 2012
I must confess, am also suffering from the same issue, though mine is she's a Jehova Witness. My fiancé suggested we go for court marriage at first, I disagreed cus I felt with little pressure from her, her parents especially her mum would give their consent to our marriage but over a year plus nothing positive is coming out, I had to later agree we go for the court wedding but am beginning to notice that my girl is developing cold feet. She keeps telling me that she is buying into my previous idea of getting our parents consent before marriage. That if I do love her that I can switch church just to please her parents then later we decide on our church as a family. My problem is ; won't my switching to their church offend my own religion and my own God, doesn't it show that her parents would have undue influence over our marriage if I yield to their demand? Though my parents have wielded into the issue by visiting her parents and advising them to give us their consent since the both of us are in love but still her mother is adamant, my parents later have to give me consent to wed her in a court that sooner or later, her parents would come to their senses. What must I do, cus I do from my heart love this girl and I know she does love me too.
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by Sammiejo: 9:45pm On Nov 04, 2012
JWs chance of bending when it comes to church is like 0.00000001%. my guy if the girl loves you, go do a church wedding and choose a neutral church to attend. By neutral I mean any churchbapart from yours or hers.
@OP. The success of your relationship lies with your girlfriend.
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 05, 2012
@Sammiejo, court wedding, u meant?
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by chronique(m): 10:07am On Nov 06, 2012
@ op. The reasons given by her parents are dumb & in my opinion,aren't strong enough to let u guys part ways. You two should make up ur minds & follow ur hearts...
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by hassymo5(m): 4:40am On Nov 13, 2012
ChriaNnatu: I must confess, am also suffering from the same issue, though mine is she's a Jehova Witness. My fiancé suggested we go for court marriage at first, I disagreed cus I felt with little pressure from her, her parents especially her mum would give their consent to our marriage but over a year plus nothing positive is coming out, I had to later agree we go for the court wedding but am beginning to notice that my girl is developing cold feet. She keeps telling me that she is buying into my previous idea of getting our parents consent before marriage. That if I do love her that I can switch church just to please her parents then later we decide on our church as a family. My problem is ; won't my switching to their church offend my own religion and my own God, doesn't it show that her parents would have undue influence over our marriage if I yield to their demand? Though my parents have wielded into the issue by visiting her parents and advising them to give us their consent since the both of us are in love but still her mother is adamant, my parents later have to give me consent to wed her in a court that sooner or later, her parents would come to their senses. What must I do, cus I do from my heart love this girl and I know she does love me too.
i tot i was the only one facing such problem,, i dont know what to tell you cos i need answers to, cos im in the same problem,,, her mum is the major problem,, sayin she should not marry a catholic

chronique: @ op. The reasons given by her parents are dumb & in my opinion,aren't strong enough to let u guys part ways. You two should make up ur minds & follow ur hearts...
thanks for your advice.. We are still together hoping something good will come out soon....
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by Nobody: 4:52am On Nov 13, 2012
hassymo5: Dear NL,
I MATE MY GIRL AT A COMMITTEE OF FRIENDS MEETING, IT STARTED LIKE A JOKE BUT WE ARE NOW SERIOUS LOVERS,,BUT A TIME COMES WHEN WE ARE THINKING OF BREAKING UP REASON ARE
1. HER PARENTS DOESN'T WANT HER TO MARRY A CATHOLIC OF WHICH I AM A CATHOLIC
2. THEY ARE IMPOSING BOYFRIENDS ON HER IE DIRECTING HER ON WHO TO MARRY
3. HER MUM IS MAKING MATTERS WORSE BY SAYING SOME WORD THAT MAKES MA GIRL CRY, WORDS LIKE IF SHE INSIST TO MARRY ME SHE WILL NOT COME TO HER WEDDING AND EVEN WHEN SHE DIE SHE SHOULD NOT COME TO HER BURIAL
4. HER PARENTS REASON IS CATHOLIC DOESN'T ALLOW THEIR DAUGHTERS TO MARRY ANOTHER CHURCH, WHICH PRESENTLY MY SISTER WHO IS A CATHOLIC IS GOT MARRIED TO A MEMBER THEIR CHURCH.
5. EVER SINCE WE STARTED WITH MA GIRL, THEY ARE ALWAYS FIGHTING IN THAT HOUSE COS OF THE RELATIONSHIP
6. I TOLD MA GIRL, ITS LIKE IM THE ONE CAUSING CONFUSION IN HER HOUSE, WHAT DO WE DO ABOUT IT
7. SHE KEEP ASKING ME IF IM GOING TO LEAVE HER COS THE TROUBLE I KEEP SAYING NO,, BUT THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE
8. HER FATHER KEEP TELLING HER THAT GOD SHOWED HIM HER HUSBAND, SOSOSO PERSON, SO OUR PARENTS ARE THE ONES THAT SEES OUR FUTURE PARTNERS NOW
9. I HARDLY VISIT MY GIRL IN HER HOUSE,. COS EVERYTIME I VISIT, NOBODY TALK, BUT WHEN IM GONE, ITS A TALK OF WAR, I KNOW COS MA GIRL WILL CALL ME AND BE CRYING SAYING SHE IS TIRED OF THIS WORLD
10. WHY WUL A FATHER TELL HIS DAUGHTER THAT IS because HE HAS MONEY THAT SHE WANTS TO LEAVE THEM

PLS NAIRALANDERS,,, PLS TAKE THIS TOPIC SERIOUS WE REALLY NEED YOUR ADVICE,, COS IT IS GETTING OUT OF HAND.,., WE ARE PRAYING AND HOPE GOD WILL SHOW THEM THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU
FROM YOUR GRIEVOUS FRIENDS
ME AND MY SWEETHEART

DO NOT LET ANY HUMAN DICTATE YOUR LIFE!!!! including pastors,priests,parents,whoever!

If you really love her, MARRY HER IN THE COURT! It is your life not theirs!
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by hassymo5(m): 12:47pm On Nov 13, 2012
ifeness:

DO NOT LET ANY HUMAN DICTATE YOUR LIFE!!!! including pastors,priests,parents,whoever!

If you really love her, MARRY HER IN THE COURT! It is your life not theirs!
Thanks for the advice,, but y are pple telling us to have a little patient over dis matter.....
Re: PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents by hassymo5(m): 7:49am On Nov 26, 2012
thanks every one for your comments and contributions

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture Of A Nairalander Getting Married To A White Lady. / My Mother Is Destroying Our Home With Her Dressing Code.( Pics) / What Is The Worst Disability In Human?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.