Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (950827 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 08, 2015
following

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 2:49am On Nov 10, 2015
Someone here directed me to Google. It is d best option. u can find as many samples as u want.

falosam:
Tanx bro... I just need sample of the motivation letter so that it will guide me wen writing mine... Tanx

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 7:00am On Nov 10, 2015
Whats d latest on application o? cus it seems funima acct opening wud nt b necessary for 2016 PG studies. Bosses in the house.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mezzy11: 9:45am On Nov 10, 2015
What's "Funima" account pls?

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 8:59am On Nov 11, 2015
Funima acct is nt applicable to 2015/2016 PG applicants. Applicants are to crate accounts on d webpage of the institution(s) of their choice.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 1:22pm On Nov 12, 2015
Help us promote TUT's new Bachelor's programme in English!

Nov 11, 2015 16:06
In 2016, TUT is launching its first Bachelor's degree programme in English, the International Degree Programme in Science and Engineering, BSc (Tech).
The programme is also Finland’s only University-level Bachelor’s degree programme offered in English in the field of technology. It is a cross-disciplinary programme which offers three alternative major subjects: Mathematics, Physics, and Information and Communications Technology. Upon completion of the three-year programme, graduates can continue studies directly in one of TUT’s Master’s programmes in English. The programme is available to all Finnish and international applicants who have completed secondary education in Finland or abroad.

Further information on the programme is available at www.tut.fi/bachelor. Check out the website, share it with your friends and help us spread the word about the new programme!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 3:54pm On Nov 12, 2015
Hi guys, what is happening with this year's Masters' admission Or people no dey go Finland again

All big Bosses in the house, what is happening??

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Sirkhunz(m): 6:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
Hello big Bosses in the house. I am a new folk in the forum. I have gone through the link concerning studying in Finland. I just want to ask on what criteria is their selection based?

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by kcluv2men(m): 4:41pm On Nov 16, 2015
Hi Olabode, Just saw your post about TUT. I am really interested. Are you currently studying there? Would need you to guide me through.
olabode89:

In 2016, TUT is launching its first Bachelor's degree programme in English, the International Degree Programme in Science and Engineering, BSc (Tech).
The programme is also Finland’s only University-level Bachelor’s degree programme offered in English in the field of technology. It is a cross-disciplinary programme which offers three alternative major subjects: Mathematics, Physics, and Information and Communications Technology. Upon completion of the three-year programme, graduates can continue studies directly in one of TUT’s Master’s programmes in English. The programme is available to all Finnish and international applicants who have completed secondary education in Finland or abroad.

Further information on the programme is available at www.tut.fi/bachelor. Check out the website, share it with your friends and help us spread the word about the new programme!

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 6:51pm On Nov 16, 2015
kcluv2men:
Hi Olabode, Just saw your post about TUT. I am really interested. Are you currently studying there? Would need you to guide me through.

I have responded yo ur PM sir
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by chiefolotu(m): 2:28pm On Nov 17, 2015
Please can any one help with information on Masters Programme. and is the English Proficeincy compusory at all University? I need info please. Thank you.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by chiefolotu(m): 4:18pm On Nov 17, 2015
any info?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 7:31pm On Nov 18, 2015
Yes, most institution require language proficiency. IELTS or TOEFL
chiefolotu:
any info?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
sureb0y:
I'm thinking: If the decision is positive, they would have just sent the whole stuff to me plus the RP card using the "return courier service" I pre-paid for. For them to say I have to be there by myself and also that they included instructions for appeal, It's just pointing towards something not very good.

With all this said, Do you think I should sue the insurance company for damages?

1. This whole thing is their fault
2. They acknowledged that they issued my insurance certificate from an alternative portal, because their main portal was down on the day I came to get the insurance insurance that's why the insurance certificate I submitted looked different from what they had.

As per say na Naija, I don't know if this is a case worth pursuing.

Brotherly, if its the insurance company fault and you did not sue them i will fight you. They have to re-pay all the money you spent so far. But be hopeful and since you can appeal dont give up.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by nelson86: 7:15pm On Nov 21, 2015
olabode89:

@olabode am interested abt the TUT I need ur guide cos I went to their website to check school fees but I couldn't view it please do you know their school fees per year.thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 11:51am On Nov 26, 2015
Hello house, it is just less than 5 days to the commencement of applications in to the PG programme in most schools in Finland and yet the thread is derailing. Does it mean all the intending applicants have got all they want and have no more questions to ask?

Let's keep this thread alive please.

Is there any info on the 100 euro application fee, has it been cancelled or still holds?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 2:10pm On Nov 26, 2015
Growingboi:
Hello house, it is just less than 5 days to the commencement of applications in to the PG programme in most schools in Finland and yet the thread is derailing. Does it mean all the intending applicants have got all they want and have no more questions to ask?

Let's keep this thread alive please.

Is there any info on the 100 euro application fee, has it been cancelled or still holds?
the fee still holds o, u could check the studyinfo portal, the introduction of this fee has increased the admission cost and the admission is not guaranteed.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jimmiedave(m): 7:21am On Nov 27, 2015
Good morning to the house, pls am new here and I sincerely need a urgent help.
I want to know all the criteria I need to apply for a Master degree program. I studied mechanical engineering and I will like to continue in that line or something related to that. pls need urgent answer cus I will like to go this academic session.
God bless u all.
thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 9:03am On Nov 27, 2015
This has added to the financial burden o. It is well anyway.

But do know if they have platform that accepts ATM card for payment?

jeffoe:
the fee still holds o, u could check the studyinfo portal, the introduction of this fee has increased the admission cost and the admission is not guaranteed.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dayo229: 12:05pm On Nov 28, 2015
Growingboi:
This has added to the financial burden o. It is well anyway.

But do know if they have platform that accepts ATM card for payment?

Yes it is stated there, you can use your master or visa card for the payment.

May God help and provide for all of us.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by kcluv2men(m): 12:08pm On Nov 28, 2015
nelson86:
@olabode am interested abt the TUT I need ur guide cos I went to their website to check school fees but I couldn't view it please do you know their school fees per year.thanks
Bro, school fees in Finland is free for all applicants.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 3:42am On Nov 29, 2015
Were did you get these info of application fee? Kindly provide me with d site/link cox i v search n search bt couldnt find it

dayo229:

Yes it is stated there, you can use your master or visa card for the payment.

May God help and provide for all of us.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jimmiedave(m): 4:50pm On Nov 29, 2015
pls can anyone help with names of schools that doesn't require English proficiency for Masters.

thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dayo229: 6:25pm On Nov 29, 2015
Growingboi:
Were did you get these info of application fee? Kindly provide me with d site/link cox i v search n search bt couldnt find it

Just go to studyinfo.fi you will see how to make application payment click on it or

https://studyinfo.fi/wp2/en/higher-education/application-fee/how-to-pay-the-application-fee/
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dayo229: 6:33pm On Nov 29, 2015
jimmiedave:
pls can anyone help with names of schools that doesn't require English proficiency for Masters.

thanks.

Sorry but you will have to provide it cos most school require it, ielts or toefl.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 7:17pm On Nov 29, 2015
Hi guys, has anybody made payment on the studyinfo.fi platform?? How much is the application fee??
dayo229:

Just go to studyinfo.fi you will see how to make application payment click on it.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dayo229: 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2015
SnazzyBaba:
Hi guys, has anybody made payment on the studyinfo.fi platform?? How much is the application fee??

Application fee is €100 however, no one has been able to make payment due to the fact that applications have not yet started.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jimmiedave(m): 7:09pm On Nov 30, 2015
dayo229:

Sorry but you will have to provide it cos most school require it, ielts or toefl.

thanks boss.

pls I want to know if it is possible, if u have someone at Finland, can the person apply for u? or what's the assistance the can render to make the application a little bit easier.

And another question is that if one have the opportunity of being in Finland with a visit visa, how easy will it be concerning admission, can the person write a kind of entrance exam in place of IELT or others? .
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 7:48pm On Nov 30, 2015
jimmiedave:

thanks boss.

pls I want to know if it is possible, if u have someone at Finland, can the person apply for u? or what's the assistance the can render to make the application a little bit easier.

And another question is that if one have the opportunity of being in Finland with a visit visa, how easy will it be concerning admission, can the person write a kind of entrance exam in place of IELTS or others? .

Bros, Even for peeps living in Finland.... to study in international programs in English you need to write an English language proficiency test such as IELTS, TOEFL and PTE Academic. The only exception is if you have a bachelors in English Language or you have studied in top English speaking countries such as US, Britain, Canada and Australia.

The only way someone in Finland can render some assistance with the application is by assisting with sending of application documents to reduce cost (except transcripts that are to be sent directly by the university you graduated from) provided they have your documents which i think is not the case.

The application process can be conducted easily from Nigeria. If you have enough resources you can send using courier services such as DHL and UPS. If you are not so financially buoyant , start the application on time and send all documents using NIPOST registered mail or EMS Speedpost unfailingly by December.

Lastly, to prevent repetition on the thread it will be best for applicants to take out time to read through the thread.

B.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jimmiedave(m): 9:44am On Dec 01, 2015
[quote author=olabode89 post=40556693]

Bros, Even for peeps living in Finland.... to study in international programs in English you need to write an English language proficiency test such as IELTS, TOEFL and PTE Academic. The only exception is if you have a bachelors in English Language or you have studied in top English speaking countries such as US, Britain, Canada and Australia.

The only way someone in Finland can render some assistance with the application is by assisting with sending of application documents to reduce cost (except transcripts that are to be sent directly by the university you graduated from) provided they have your documents which i think is not the case.

The application process can be conducted easily from Nigeria. If you have enough resources you can send using courier services such as DHL and UPS. If you are not so financially buoyant , start the application on time and send all documents using NIPOST registered mail or EMS Speedpost unfailingly by December.

Lastly, to prevent repetition on the thread it will be best for applicants to take out time to read through the thread.

I really appreciate ur response.
tnx a lot
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by temmy2008: 6:10pm On Dec 02, 2015
bosses in the house,how does one convert his or her grades to ECTS?

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.