Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (950757 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 14, 2015
Hello house,

I sent my documents to Aalto University on the 2nd of December through Nipost. I received acknowledgement from the school on the 10th of December. However, a copy of my international passport and the notarized copy of my certificates were said to be missing and they were part of the packaged documents I sent through nipost. What do you advice I do as only 2 documents are required? Is it advisable to send again through Nipost cos they're cheaper? I sent all the documents earlier for N1,050
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 9:28am On Dec 14, 2015
michlan:
Hello house,

I sent my documents to Aalto University on the 2nd of December through Nipost. I received acknowledgement from the school on the 10th of December. However, a copy of my international passport and the notarized copy of my certificates were said to be missing and they were part of the packaged documents I sent through nipost. What do you advice I do as only 2 documents are required? Is it advisable to send again through Nipost cos they're cheaper? I sent all the documents earlier for N1,050

Its strange since it was among the previous package.

But no problem send another one through nipost. Good thing is it gets there on time and Aalto will always acknowledge immediately so there is still time for a back up plan.

Cheers sir!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 14, 2015
iceberg54:

But no problem send another one through nipost. Good thing is it gets there on time and Aalto will always acknowledge immediately so there is still time for a back up plan.

Cheers sir!

Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 10:01am On Dec 14, 2015
Each application requires different transcript identifiable by individual application numbers. Each transcript should be place in individual envelopes marked with individual App Number. Then the four envelopes can now be placed in a bigger envelope.

PHRANTAD:
Hello bosses in the house(Dahonestboss and others currently in Finland), i have applied to four different schools for masters studies starting in autumn 2016, all my documents is ready, just needed to go to my school tomorrow and explain to them how they would mail the transcript, when i first applied for the transcript i wrote the four schools(the four schs falls under UAF) as recipient of the transcript, however while filling application i realised i have to send all my documents to UAF in Helsinki. I would be in my school to give them go ahead to mail the transcript.
MY QUESTION
Since there are four schools with four different application numbers, would i instruct them to put four different transcripts of academic records in four different envelopes and put the four envelopes in a single bigger envelope that would now be addressed to UAF, since d application requirements of each school is different.
how should the transcript be packaged and sent?

Kindly help me answer this question
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 10:04am On Dec 14, 2015
Boss Iceberg54, Is He suppose to send the document to AALTO or to UAF??

iceberg54:

Cheers sir!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 14, 2015
SnazzyBaba:

Aalto is not part of UAF. The school does thier application directly from its website.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 14, 2015
PHRANTAD:
Hello bosses in the house(Dahonestboss and others currently in Finland), i have applied to four different schools for masters studies starting in autumn 2016, all my documents is ready, just needed to go to my school tomorrow and explain to them how they would mail the transcript, when i first applied for the transcript i wrote the four schools(the four schs falls under UAF) as recipient of the transcript, however while filling application i realised i have to send all my documents to UAF in Helsinki. I would be in my school to give them go ahead to mail the transcript.
MY QUESTION
Since there are four schools with four different application numbers, would i instruct them to put four different transcripts of academic records in four different envelopes and put the four envelopes in a single bigger envelope that would now be addressed to UAF, since d application requirements of each school is different.
how should the transcript be packaged and sent?

Kindly help me answer this question
No problem with sending them in a single big envilope. Just dont make the mistake i made. Ensure your school write the application code of each school and school name on each small small envilope. Even if your school refuse to do that, tell your currier service e.g DHL to put them together in their own envilope and send it as a single pacel Kittos
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 1:30pm On Dec 14, 2015
Thanks great people.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 9:51pm On Dec 14, 2015
SnazzyBaba:

Boss, Aalto doesn't use UAF.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 9:58pm On Dec 14, 2015
Just got a sad news,My TOEFL score is way too low, scored 73, not up to finn application cutoff as TUT is the least with 79
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by katolistic(m): 11:31pm On Dec 14, 2015
Hard luck bro, but there is still room man, if you got the cash, try PTE. Its a walk-over, I wrote the test and within two days got my score. Give it a thought. smiley

frankie2K:
Just got a sad news,My TOEFL score is way too low, scored 73, not up to finn application cutoff as TUT is the least with 79
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Lollyij(m): 10:24am On Dec 15, 2015
Good morning guys, u guys are rilly doing a great job here, pls am presently in my final year, 2nd semester, for d experience guys wen is d best time to write my ielts exam.. Pls I need what to study for d exam.. I will appreciate if u guys can render me some help here.. Thank u.. May we all attain our goals with ease
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 10:56am On Dec 15, 2015
Thanks bro,how is it? and can it be taken in PH?
katolistic:
Hard luck bro, but there is still room man, if you got the cash, try PTE. Its a walk-over, I wrote the test and within two days got my score. Give it a thought. smiley

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 11:08am On Dec 15, 2015
Thanks Bro, TOEFL,IELTS,PTE which exam is easier to pass?, I am kind of amazed from the investigation I made seeing that TUT cuts 79 in Toefl while 53 in PTE,maybe PTE is a harder exam?my guess though,please shade more light
katolistic:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 12:38pm On Dec 15, 2015
frankie2K:
Thanks Bro, TOEFL,IELTS,PTE which exam is easier to pass?, I am kind of amazed from the investigation I made seeing that TUT cuts 79 in Toefl while 53 in PTE,maybe PTE is a harder exam?my guess though,please shade more light

Don't be mislead.... Walkover for Mr. A might not be a walkover for Mr. B. Although PTE Academic seems quite simple and straight forward compared to the other English Language proficiency tests, you need to have very good writing and summarizing skills to help cover for the usual low speaking score as a result of accent/intonation.

You also need to have at least "average" typing speed as the PTE exam is conducted online and requires the use of a computer equipped with a microphone and speakers at the test venue.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2015
I'm in a dilemma here. Aalto has rejected the transcript sent due to the foolishness of the officers in my school. They used my name as the sender and now used the university's address which has made Aalto to reject it. After i've spent 14k. This means I have to spend another 14k.

Please what can I do to make both of us (the school and I) bear the responsibility.
I'm just so tired of this country. And the major problem is when I insisted on staying with them to ensure no mistake would be made, they would insult you as if you are making them out to be incompetent. Imagine university officers that do not know how international transcripts delivery work. I'm just very angry right now.

Another issue is how to get another transcript on time as I started the processing of this one since October in order to meet up and the deadline for application is 15th january.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by kilo4sure: 2:20pm On Dec 15, 2015
michlan:
I'm in a dilemma here. Aalto has rejected the transcript sent due to the foolishness of the officers in my school. They used my name as the sender and now used the university's address which has made Aalto to reject it. After i've spent 14k. This means I have to spend another 14k.

Please what can I do to make both of us (the school and I) bear the responsibility.
I'm just so tired of this country. And the major problem is when I insisted on staying with them to ensure no mistake would be made, they would insult you as if you are making them out to be incompetent. Imagine university officers that do not know how international transcripts delivery work. I'm just very angry right now.

Another issue is how to get another transcript on time as I started the processing of this one since October in order to meet up and the deadline for application is 15th january.
You can start processing another one right away, since they just finished the processing not quiet long, it shouldn't take them more than a week to complete another one. This is true for uniport though, I believe same should apply to your school. All the best.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 15, 2015
kilo4sure:

You can start processing another one right away, since they just finished the processing not quiet long, it shouldn't take them more than a week to complete another one. This is true for uniport though, I believe same should apply to your school. All the best.

Thanks. I have to send someone around the school as i'm not close to the place right now. Will do that tomorrow.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 15, 2015
Abeg my people, i was just clicking here and there, pls how do i pay application fee. Step by step please.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 15, 2015
hakeembee:
Abeg my people, i was just clicking here and there, pls how do i pay application fee. Step by step please.
Please my people ASAP. Even my brother in Finland dey in front of laptop now confused as to how to pay app fee. Osu mi o
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 5:44pm On Dec 15, 2015
Nawaaa, Chaiiiii, what do you encourage I do Bro? As i Scored in the TOEFL 17 in Reading,13 in Listening,22 in Speaking,21 in Writing totallinh 73 points(quite low) as against 20 in reading,18 in listening, 20 in speaking and 22 in writing the last expired TOEFL result I had, I am really confused now bro
olabode89:

Don't be mislead.... Walkover for Mr. A might not be a walkover for Mr. B. Although PTE Academic seems quite simple and straight forward compared to the other English Language proficiency tests, you need to have very good writing and summarizing skills to help cover for the usual low speaking score as a result of accent/intonation.

You also need to have at least "average" typing speed as the PTE exam is conducted online and requires the use of a computer equipped with a microphone and speakers at the test venue.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 5:49pm On Dec 15, 2015
My Brother,please do you have any materials on PTE so you can forward it to me, help a brother out dude!!!!!!!!!!
katolistic:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 6:22pm On Dec 15, 2015
frankie2K:
Nawaaa, Chaiiiii, what do you encourage I do Bro? As i Scored in the TOEFL 17 in Reading,13 in Listening,22 in Speaking,21 in Writing totallinh 73 points(quite low) as against 20 in reading,18 in listening, 20 in speaking and 22 in writing the last expired TOEFL result I had, I am really confused now bro

If you have the financial resources and good writing and adequate typing skills as stated in my previous post.... register for PTE...practice for 2 weeks and write during the first week of January.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 6:45pm On Dec 15, 2015
Thanks bro, Do you have any valuable materials or links to download them cos the ones i am seeing in PTE sites aren't OK for practicing

olabode89:

If you have the financial resources and good writing and adequate typing skills as stated in my previous post.... register for PTE...practice for 2 weeks and write during the first week of January.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 7:02pm On Dec 15, 2015
frankie2K:
Thanks bro, Do you have any valuable materials or links to download them cos the ones i am seeing in PTE sites aren't OK for practicing

I used the materials on PTE's website and some videos on summary writing on youtube when i wrote the test in January 2015
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 7:31pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hi everyone. The Finnish government today passed into law that from 2017, tuition fee of 1500 euros will be collected for all degree programmes from students from non EU countries.
Please if you have the opportunity to apply for this application period, please maximize this opportunity. Feel free to drop your questions here and my bosses with me here will assist. Please note that the application has started for university of tampere. Am available to assist as regards any enquires if you intend coming to university of tampere. Thanks guys

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 7:34pm On Dec 15, 2015
Thanks buddy, you have been encouraging,please as a source of encouragement,what was your score after using the PTE materials in their website to practice?
olabode89:

I used the materials on PTE's website and some videos on summary writing on youtube when i wrote the test in January 2015
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 7:37pm On Dec 15, 2015
Thanks dear, Na waaa for this finns government oooo, abeg make them take am easy ooooo. I will like to apply to University of Tampere(software development) but I am making up for another English test to be taken as i had a low score in TOEFl
GeneXY:
Hi everyone. The Finnish government today passed into law that from 2017, tuition fee of 1500 euros will be collected for all degree programmes from students from non EU countries.
Please if you have the opportunity to apply for this application period, please maximize this opportunity. Feel free to drop your questions here and my bosses with me here will assist. Please note that the application has started for university of tampere. Am available to assist for enquires if you intend coming to university of tampere. Thanks guys
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by stillmaticOG(m): 8:59pm On Dec 15, 2015
GeneXY:
Please if you have the opportunity to apply for this application period, please maximize this opportunity. Feel free to drop your questions here and my bosses with me here will assist. Please note that the application has started for university of tampere. Am available to assist as regards any enquires if you intend coming to university of tampere. Thanks guys
its not been passed into law currently...its still a proposal that hasn't been accepted or rejected
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hello,

Please I need address of where to do the notarization at Ikeja. I would prefer the specific office address and the price cos there are lots of middle men around the high Court who won't tell you about the office but would want to charge you extra. Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by katolistic(m): 11:16pm On Dec 15, 2015
I didnt buy any material, but i watch videos on youtube and download some materials from google that all.

frankie2K:
My Brother,please do you have any materials on PTE so you can forward it to me, help a brother out dude!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Inufele1: 5:35am On Dec 16, 2015
A bit of sad news here, The Tuition Fee has now been officially imposed on non-EU students willing to study in Finland starting from 2017, the Finnish parliament took the decision on Tuesday.

http://yle.fi/uutiset/foreign_students_face_tuition_fees_in_finland/8530330

so guys make sure you submit a perfect application because the bonanza is now over, the least Tuition any student will be paying is EURO 1,500. So better luck guys.

wish you all success in your applications.

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.