Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (950811 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 10:15pm On Dec 06, 2015
though i v nt tried it bt i believe it covers all schools in Finland since itz d Fin high school authority dat is collecting d fee nt UAF. just try it by applying to different schools with same email. if d app requests a fee, u can quit d app.

tobzzy:
please I need clarification on this, will 100euro application fee covers all application I make to different schools
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jimmiedave(m): 10:33pm On Dec 06, 2015
olabode89:

It costs around 14K to send through DHL. It takes between 3 to 5 days using DHL.

If you have good writing and typing skills I will advise you to consider PTE Academic instead of IELTS. For PTE u get the result in less than 5 days and you can easily send to the school or UAF.

Thanks boss
Abt the PTE, I don't know mush about it and d cost, and also I dont have any material to prepare for it. I will appreciate if u can help me out with some materials and useful links that I can learn more cus I need to make a fast decision now. here is my mail: jimmydave01@yahoo.com. pls kindly forward any useful materials for me . tnx as I await ur response.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 12:12am On Dec 07, 2015
Growingboi:
lol. i get u oga Oabode, 13k no b beans o. i v tried NIPOST n it was very effective. one can even register n track documents with dem. it just d general bad perception abt them bt i tell u they r nt that bad

Aaah...that's cool, but does naija peeps dey fear me.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 12:14am On Dec 07, 2015
jimmiedave:

Thanks boss
Abt the PTE, I don't know mush about it and d cost, and also I dont have any material to prepare for it. I will appreciate if u can help me out with some materials and useful links that I can learn more cus I need to make a fast decision now. here is my mail: jimmydave01@yahoo.com. pls kindly forward any useful materials for me . tnx as I await ur response.

I dropped some info on this around Jan or Feb this year. Check my old posts in this thread.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 5:34am On Dec 07, 2015
Tank God for sucess in my IELTS exams, next is to start application proper. Thanks all for all tips, suggestions and all d help rendered so far.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Neyoalao(m): 7:17am On Dec 07, 2015
PHRANTAD:
Tank God for sucess in my IELTS exams, next is to start application proper. Thanks all for all tips, suggestions and all d help rendered so far.

any material that helped you that you will like to share sir?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by annyjessy(f): 10:56am On Dec 07, 2015
olabode89:

Aaah...that's cool, but does naija peeps dey fear me.
Yes, they always deliver o, the many times I've used them, hassel-free sef. And you can track the delivery progress.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 1:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
Neyoalao:

any material that helped you that you will like to share sir?
Use the free study guide British council would give you, study using baron IELTS materials then back it all all up using youtube videos too.
Just be composed for your speaking test and be attentive for the listening test.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jimmiedave(m): 12:07am On Dec 09, 2015
PHRANTAD:

Use the free study guide British council would give you, study using baron IELTS materials then back it all all up using youtube videos too.
Just be composed for your speaking test and be attentive for the listening test.

pls Bros, I will like to download some of the videos av seen on YouTube, how do I go abt it, am only seeing watch n share option, is there anyway I can download it for offline use?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by tobzzy(m): 11:00am On Dec 09, 2015
jimmiedave:

pls Bros, I will like to download some of the videos av seen on YouTube, how do I go abt it, am only seeing watch n share option, is there anyway I can download it for offline use?
yes there are ways you can download it but i will recommend kibase.com .. go to that website i don't need to teach you the rest
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 2:27pm On Dec 09, 2015
jimmiedave:

or better still u can put ss before the youtube link.
e.g lets say this is d link http://www.youtubevideo.com/546ugthn
jus go to d link in ur browser and add ss like this

http://www.ssyoutubevideo.com/546ugthn
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by stevemims(m): 2:32pm On Dec 09, 2015
PHRANTAD:
or better still u can put ss before the youtube link. e.g lets say this is d link http://www.youtubevideo.com/546ugthn jus go to d link in ur browser and add ss like this
I think this is the best idea.. It's worked for me several times
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 2:36pm On Dec 09, 2015
Boss this thread is basically for application, admission n other questions about finland schools. For info about IELTS follow this thread please.
https://www.nairaland.com/1866942/ielts-share-experience-ask-questions

jimmiedave:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Iamanonymouss: 6:15pm On Dec 09, 2015
Good evening.
I'm an undergraduate here in Nigeria but I'm thinking of studying and working abroad instead. From what I've seen here it seems Finland is quite cheap compared to other European countries. So I want to ask how much it would cost to travel and if there are any tuition free undergraduate programmes there too. Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 6:57pm On Dec 09, 2015
Plismoll:
Hello house,can anyone suggest the acceptable way to notarize degree certificate here in Nigeria for MSc admission in Finland. I applied to LUT last yr with complete documents(IELTS-7.5,Transcript sent by my University,CV...and my degree certificate stamped and signed "Certified True Copy" by a notary in the Ministry of Justice of my State).Unfortunately,my application was disqualified by UAF at the eleventh hour,stating that the "Certified True Copy" stamp was unacceptable.Kindly advise cos I don't wish to waste my money like last yr.Thank u!

Well I was denied admission the last application period by LUT due to the fact that My PGD transcript and statement couldn't reach them but in the picture i sent, My dox was notarized like that and it was accepted

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 7:17pm On Dec 09, 2015
Plismoll:
Hello house,can anyone suggest the acceptable way to notarize degree certificate here in Nigeria for MSc admission in Finland. I applied to LUT last yr with complete documents(IELTS-7.5,Transcript sent by my University,CV...and my degree certificate stamped and signed "Certified True Copy" by a notary in the Ministry of Justice of my State).Unfortunately,my application was disqualified by UAF at the eleventh hour,stating that the "Certified True Copy" stamp was unacceptable.Kindly advise cos I don't wish to waste my money like last yr.Thank u!

Well I was denied admission the last application period by LUT due to the fact that My PGD transcript and statement couldn't reach them but in the picture i sent, My dox was notarized like that and it was accepted

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 7:34pm On Dec 09, 2015
Funnyguy83:
Am a HND graduate with 3.95 cgp in library and information science. Op i belive through this ur thread that i can enrol striaght into my MLIS in europe ( finland ) by Gods grace. But that is with a transcript. PLEASE op. How should i go about it ? Can i swicth to another masters degree in may be criminology studies without runing PGD in the course ? Please answer me OP. God bless you.

Wow, nice CGPA but my brother, i was once in your shoes and Finland DON'T accept HND for masters equivalent so I did my PGD here and I am firing them with applications
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jimmiedave(m): 8:18pm On Dec 09, 2015
PHRANTAD:
or better still u can put ss before the youtube link. e.g lets say this is d link http://www.youtubevideo.com/546ugthn jus go to d link in ur browser and add ss like this
Tnx a million boss
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jimmiedave(m): 8:19pm On Dec 09, 2015
tobzzy:
yes there are ways you can download it but i will recommend kibase.com .. go to that website i don't need to teach you the rest

I appreciate a lot brother. tnx
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mezzy11: 8:32pm On Dec 09, 2015
Greetings good people of Africa

Please most a Notary red seal be in full circle form? Mine was in quad-circle and the stamp did not have any date. Hope this is okay please; respond oo!!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Funnyguy83: 10:56pm On Dec 09, 2015
frankie2K:

Wow, nice CGPA but my brother, i was once in your shoes and Finland DON'T accept HND for masters equivalent so I did my PGD here and I am firing them with applications
lol. U funny die guy. Firing them kwa? Anyway tnks alot and God bles u. Bt i was tinking that some europeans and north American colleges accept "WES" Transcipt into masters striaght. Just asking.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Wordsmith(m): 2:39am On Dec 11, 2015
Good day everyone.

I intend applying to two schools - University of Helsinki and University of Tampere. I have done my IELTS exams last month. Scored 7.5. I also went to my university to request my transcript be sent to UAF. My transcript and a copy of my certificate was attached in a folder and I was told it'd be processed and sent via DHL on Monday next week.

I have some questions as I've read UH's Application Process, UAF's as well,

University of Helsinki stated on their site that after registering with studyinfo.fi and paying for the application, "the service will direct you to the registration form of the University Admissions Finland application system. Print the application form and send together with the required application documents to the University Admissions Finland office.".

What are the other required documents?

Do I need to send this application form and the "other application documents" with my transcript or send them seperate of the transcript? Do I also need to attach my IELTS result to the transcript as well or send it seperately?

Please I need information from those who are schooling in Finland, because the procedure from UH,UAF seems a bit confusing.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 8:33am On Dec 11, 2015
Plismoll:

Strange indeed. I think a seal would have been better in addition to the stamp.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dondaddycares(m): 9:14am On Dec 11, 2015
dayo229:

Yes it is stated there, you can use your master or visa card for the payment.

May God help and provide for all of us.

Naija visa card no dey work for Finland portals o. I tried using my fidelity visa card to book for bus ticket in Helsinki and it was rejected. I tried to check my account balance in an ATM in joensuu but the machine kept rejecting my card. I don't know about master card. If you are frustrated in making d payment you can ask anybody in Finland to help you pay it
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dondaddycares(m): 9:19am On Dec 11, 2015
Plismoll:

Go to a lawyer in a private firm that is a notary public or to a magistrate. No notary public in ministry of justice. You were misled.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 9:42am On Dec 11, 2015
dondaddycares:

Naija visa card no dey work for Finland portals o. I tried using my fidelity visa card to book for bus ticket in Helsinki and it was rejected. I tried to check my account balance in an ATM in joensuu but the machine kept rejecting my card. I don't know about master card. If you are frustrated in making d payment you can ask anybody in Finland to help you pay it

GTBANK Mastercard works fine in Finland and online. Although some merchants and online stores do not accept Nigerian atm cards.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Wordsmith(m): 11:41am On Dec 11, 2015
omidan21:
Pls who has completed the apploication process on UAF website.the application number that wld be given to us,is it after completing the application form or there is a personal request for the application number.beacuse I am in my university here to start the processin of my transcript,but I can't continue because I wld have to write my application number on my transcript and other document.pls I look forward to your reply

dahonestboss:

If you cant get the application number in the application process, then you will get it at the end of the application, give your school the number to write on your transcript when sending it, even if your school did not write it, they will locate your file with just your name, its not a big deal

Wait, I get an application number after applying online and then write it on my transcript? The UAF didn't specify any of this, neither did the Universities I want to apply to.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 8:13am On Dec 12, 2015
yea, neither did d university nor d UAF specified this but it will better u ask them to type is on ur transcript for easy identification. Some said it here that his own transcript was taken to another office cox he did nt write d number, they open it n discovered that it wasn't for that office n it was transfered to the appropriate office. unfortunately, the latter rejected it cox the seal has been removed.

Wordsmith:

Wait, I get an application number after applying online and then write it on my transcript? The UAF didn't specify any of this, neither did the Universities I want to apply to.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by tobzzy(m): 10:56am On Dec 12, 2015
please there is something bothering me, i want to apply for undergraduate study in Finland but i want to apply to about five schools through UAS (studyinfo)... my question is will i send my document to UAS or i will send it to each school
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 12:46pm On Dec 12, 2015
Growingboi:
though i v nt tried it bt i believe it covers all schools in Finland since itz d Fin high school authority dat is collecting d fee nt UAF. just try it by applying to different schools with same email. if d app requests a fee, u can quit d app.

The application fee covers all applications you apply for in the same semester ,so far you use the same email address you used at first.i.e If you started d application with naijagobeta@africa.com and ur 100euros was deducted and u started d process u applied for MSc in Computer engineering in University of Helsinki for autumn 2016, after submitting that u can apply for other msc programs to the limit of Msc programs u can apply to for d same autumn 2016, u wont pay anoda app fee, wen undergraduate application opens in January also u can also apply for degree courses for d same autumn 2016 using the same email without paying anoda app fee. In essence your single 100euros one time payment covers all applications u wud love to submit for d same study period.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by stillmaticOG(m): 4:48pm On Dec 13, 2015
guys please let's keep this thread alive. I intend applying next year
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 7:36pm On Dec 13, 2015
Hello bosses in the house(Dahonestboss and others currently in Finland), i have applied to four different schools for masters studies starting in autumn 2016, all my documents is ready, just needed to go to my school tomorrow and explain to them how they would mail the transcript, when i first applied for the transcript i wrote the four schools(the four schs falls under UAF) as recipient of the transcript, however while filling application i realised i have to send all my documents to UAF in Helsinki. I would be in my school to give them go ahead to mail the transcript.
MY QUESTION
Since there are four schools with four different application numbers, would i instruct them to put four different transcripts of academic records in four different envelopes and put the four envelopes in a single bigger envelope that would now be addressed to UAF, since d application requirements of each school is different.
how should the transcript be packaged and sent?

Kindly help me answer this question

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.