Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (954158 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by temmy2008: 12:23pm On Dec 31, 2015
[quote author=GeneXY post=41508809][/quote] thanks @genexy but I already sorted out the grading scale,they are asking me to convert my grades to ECTS not the grading scale.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 31, 2015
[quote author=temmy2008 post=41515825] thanks @genexy but I already sorted out the grading scale,they are asking me to convert my grades to ECTS not the grading scale.[/
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by presiade(m): 8:31pm On Dec 31, 2015
temmy2008:
thanks @genexy but I already sorted out the grading scale,they are asking me to convert my grades to ECTS not the grading scale.
This question has been answered severally; most prospective students can save themselves the stress of asking some questions, by scanning through the previous pages of the thread. Better still, you may just search for the info you are looking for through the nairaland's search engine.
That being said, 1ECTS=1cr in Nigerian system, i.e., your 2-unit course=2ECTS shikena!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 01, 2016
HAPPY NEW YEAR MY PEOPLE, THIS YEAR IS OUR YEAR. IJN! ENJOY
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 01, 2016
[quote author=presiade post=41528881]
This question has been answered severally; most prospective students can save themselves the stress of asking some questions, by scanning through the previous pages of the thread. Better still, you may just search for the info you are looking for through the nairaland's search engine.
That being said, 1ECTS=1cr in Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by presiade(m): 10:29am On Jan 01, 2016
hakeembee:
This might not be 100% correct info. 1ECTS is btwn 22-24hours of work load (including lectures, seminars, and assignment)
I'm not guessing or putting forward my opinion, that is a fact! take it or leave it. When they tell you that 1ECTS=27hr (appx.), they refer to lectures, practical lab, exercises/ tutorial, assignments and student's personal study. Possibly you didn't do personal study when you were an undergraduate tongue Happy new year BTW.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 01, 2016
[quote author=presiade post=41542583]
I'm not guessing or putting forward my opinion,
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by presiade(m): 3:40pm On Jan 01, 2016
hakeembee:
Ogami sir, lets be modest here. Can a person that doesnt do personal study graduate naturally. Well back to business, help us to calculate the total number of unit course you did throughout your undergraduate and see if its up to 180 ECTS minimum requirement. What you will get is between 150units-160units which is not up to 180 ECTS. We are here to learn, hope other bosses will speak on this. For a 4yrs course maximum unit course you can do per semester is 24units so per session is 48units which are nut usually exhausted most time because of carry over and missing grade allowance. Please answer my question first.
I earned 185 units= 185ECTS. No carry-over, thank God.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Bethiano(m): 11:39pm On Jan 01, 2016
Do you make use of the Nigerian Postal Service (Nipost ) ?

If yes, Kindly share your experience here !

https://www.nairaland.com/2279450/nipost-experience-nigerian-postal-service

Nipost is here and ready to serve you better .

Bethiano

The Nipost Ambassador.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by crest2j(m): 11:43pm On Jan 01, 2016
hello fellow NL, I want to study in finland. I need guide. Tnx
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ceiling(m): 1:56am On Jan 02, 2016
pls big Bros in the house, am applying for undergraduate this with the required ielts score. but pls my problem is that, my wassce cert which is aggregate 25 instead of 24. so pls will b considered for the entrance exams? or o should use the discretionary application?
thank you.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by asfalol: 4:41am On Jan 02, 2016
Happy New Year bosses!

PLS do you know of any Masters student from Nigeria that has travelled to Finland with his wife?

I was offered MSc Mechanical Engineering admission @ Aalto Uni. which I deferred, I just got married and would like to apply for RP with my wife as dependant this year.

How do I convince migri that I have strong financials? What proof of fund documents do I need to apply for the RP? Can I use a sponsor or I should apply as self-sponsor (I've been working for over 2yrs now but my salary is slightly less than 100k and my wife is working too earning almost same salary as mine)?

I've gone through the requirements on migri's site and I can afford the 1.5M + 1.7M that I need to show in my account, but I want to know how I can convince them. I need a practical and Nigerian example to relate with.

PLS advice me or link me with anyone you know that has done this.

cc: olabode89
iceberg54
Inufele1
akinsbola452000
adebasket97
dahonestboss
ooluseyipa
sirkezman
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 5:15am On Jan 02, 2016
[quote author=asfalol post=41567989]Happy New Year bosses!

PLS do you know of any Masters student from Nigeria that has travelled to Finland with his wife?

I was offered MSc Mechanical Engineering admission @ Aalto Uni. which I deferred, I just got married and would like to apply for RP with my wife as dependant this year.

How do I convince migri that I have strong financials? What proof of fund documents do I need to apply for the RP? Can I use a sponsor or I should apply as self-sponsor (I've been working for over 2yrs now but my salary is slightly less than 100k and my wife is working too earning almost same salary as mine)?

I've gone through the requirements on migri's site and I can afford the 1.5M + 1.7M that I need to show in my account, but I want to know how I can convince them. I need a practical and Nigerian example to relate with.

PLS advice me or link me with anyone you know that has done this.

cc: olabode89
iceberg54
Inufele1
akinsbola452000
adebasket97
dahonestboss
ooluseyipa
sirkezman [/
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 5:22am On Jan 02, 2016
presiade:

I earned 185 units= 185ECTS. No carry-over, thank God.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by badtyboyz: 2:58pm On Jan 02, 2016
Too bad i didnt come on this site earlier. Where is the entrance exam taking place? I thought they have moved it from Ghana to Kenya. I am actually living in Helsinki, Finland as a family member of an EU citizen and at the moment i am studying finnish language free of charge while being paid to study the language so i can eventually have a better job in the future. I speak basic finnish and still learning. the social system is cool.

I am asking about the exam on behalf of my younger sister who lives in Naija.

Please i need updates regarding where the exam is held.

Thanks,
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ceiling(m): 9:31pm On Jan 02, 2016
ceiling:
pls big Bros in the house, am applying for undergraduate this with the required ielts score. but pls my problem is that, my wassce cert which is aggregate 25 instead of 24. so pls will b considered for the entrance exams? or o should use the discretionary application?
thank you.
pls attend to mine
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 9:37pm On Jan 02, 2016
ceiling:
thank you.

Bros happy new year o.

Maybe I don't understand English anymore o... you might want to rephrase your questions.

What do u mean by "aggregate to 25 instead of 24" and also what will you like to know about IELTS.

Lastly, the easiest route for undergraduate application is to find programs that do not require the entrance exam or those that require SAT.

Kiitos!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Finn081(f): 12:14pm On Jan 03, 2016
ceiling:
pls attend to mine

Bro let me help you with this question in the best of My knowledge. First your waec results has nothing to do with the admission process so far you have at least credit in related subject to your course.
Second, you cannot use discretional admission, it is for those who have not graduate from high school and don't have their certificate yet.
Third, I will like to ask you question; are you ready to travel to kenya? If not, their won't be any entrance exam for you because Nigeria embassy will never grant you visa for ordinary exam.

So My best advise for you is to do SAT and apply to Aalto University of business.

Regards.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Finn081(f): 12:21pm On Jan 03, 2016
olabode89:

Bros happy new year o.

Maybe I don't understand English anymore o... you might want to rephrase your questions.

What do u mean by "aggregate to 25 instead of 24" and also what will you like to know about IELTS.

Lastly, the easiest route for undergraduate application is to find programs that do not require the entrance exam or those that require SAT.

Kiitos!

Bro you understand English o, because it takes some time for me to also understand his question.

Happy new year to you too.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by menaoga1(m): 2:58pm On Jan 03, 2016
Hello, please help me, though I emailed the school of my first choice before sending my toefl score and they said it was okay because sometimes it takes ets 4-6weeks to send toefl score requested after d exam to go thru and was told to attach my toefl confirmation receipt n reg number , for those of u already studying there, is it advisable to send toefl scores early like say one month before application begins?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by menaoga1(m): 3:00pm On Jan 03, 2016
Is it advisable to request for additional toefl score before application begins? Because a lot of persons complain that their scores doesn't get there on time!!! Please help
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ceiling(m): 8:31am On Jan 04, 2016
Finn081:

Bro you understand English o, because it takes some time for me to also understand his question.

Happy new year to you too.
Pls sorry for given u such a tough time, I missed some words n phrases n am a Ghanaian Applicant.
I was trying say that I have written the ielts with a score of 6.0 and here is my wassce cert scores

Social studies - B2
English Language - C5
Integrated Science - B3
Mathematics - C6
Business Management - A1
Financial Accounting -C6
Prin. Cost Accounting- C5
Economics - C5.

n I saw this on Vaasa uas site

Ghana
Applicant applying with Senior Secondary
Certificate examination (WAEC certificate):
requirement is minimum aggregate of 24 at the
SSCE with credit passes in core English, core
Mathematics, core Science or any three
electives.

so pls assist me with the analysis pls.
thank u
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 2:22pm On Jan 04, 2016
ceiling:
Pls sorry for given u such a tough time, I missed some words n phrases n am a Ghanaian Applicant.
I was trying say that I have written the ielts with a score of 6.0 and here is my wassce cert scores
Social studies - B2
English Language - C5
Integrated Science - B3
Mathematics - C6
Business Management - A1
Financial Accounting -C6
Prin. Cost Accounting- C5
Economics - C5.
n I saw this on Vaasa uas site
Ghana
Applicant applying with Senior Secondary
Certificate examination (WAEC certificate):
requirement is minimum aggregate of 24 at the
SSCE with credit passes in core English, core
Mathematics, core Science or any three
electives.
so pls assist me with the analysis pls.
thank u

Hello bro, give me till later this night to get back to you on this. Wanna contact a friend here dat did his undergraduate in Vaasa for clarification. Will get back to you later today. Kittos
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 10:10pm On Jan 04, 2016
GeneXY:

Hello bro, give me till later this night to get back to you on this. Wanna contact a friend here dat did his undergraduate in Vaasa for clarification. Will get back to you later today. Kittos

Hello bro. Couldn't get a concrete info from my Ghanaian friend here. He said he can't remember but there's a way it's bn calculated. I believe someone here can help out with this. So sorry bro
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ceiling(m): 11:07pm On Jan 04, 2016
But I tried an analysis by adding the three core subjects which gave me aggregate 14 n when I add the best three electives too I got aggregate 11 totalling 25. so by this, should I apply directly or use discretionary application.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 11:18pm On Jan 04, 2016
I hail all the bosses... And for those making applications, I wish you all the best.

Please, I will appreciate any IELTS material(s), that can help one score high in the IELTS academic.
If you can help, notify me pls.

Thank you...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by razinnaija: 2:32pm On Jan 05, 2016
Happy new year Naira-landers,

I have been reading a lot of the posts here on studying in Finland and twale! to all the contributors. Your own no go loss.

I'm currently studying Industrial Design here in Nigeria and would be rounding up 2017. I would like to do my Masters in 'Collaborative and Industrial design' at Aalto University in Finland therefore I'm starting my research now. Here are some questions I would appreciate answers to...

-Please does anyone know any Nigerians studying this course at Aalto and is it a competitive course to get into there?
-When would be the right time to start applying because I would like to do my masters immediately after my B.A, before serving.
-How much would I need to save in my account to show self sufficiency?

Thats it for now.
Thanks in advance
RIN
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 3:17pm On Jan 05, 2016
ceiling:
But I tried an analysis by adding the three core subjects which gave me aggregate 14 n when I add the best three electives too I got aggregate 11 totalling 25. so by this, should I apply directly or use discretionary application.

You have a good Result and it should even total above the 25. Please just proceed with your application. My Ghanaian friend here also said same about your result.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ceiling(m): 11:14pm On Jan 05, 2016
GeneXY:

You have a good Result and it should even total above the 25. Please just proceed with your application. My Ghanaian friend here also said same about your result.
thank you very much brothers here for showing a great concern on this issue. I have never regretted for joining a forum like this. this has given me a new hope n i believe it's the same with my other colleagues here.
the love is deep.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Dude04(m): 7:42am On Jan 06, 2016
Happy new year Nairalanders, pls did anyone here take the PTE test am yet to take mine. plz i need a response ASAP tnx

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.