Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (953083 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 7:39pm On Dec 22, 2015
My brother enjoy yourself joo no be this UAF peeps, You advised me well and I have sent mails to graduate coordinators of the schools I applied to
olabode89:

Boss...we dey push am. Tampere make sense wella, very clean and well organized. All of una Wey dey come make una ready for reports, assignments and compensatory tasks o.... I dey Brussels @ the moment o...doing a Eurotour with some of my classmates.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 8:31pm On Dec 22, 2015
I called my school n my school said the transcript was certified like they have been doing since, this now prompted me to reply d mail sent by UAF.

This is the mail UAF sent me afterwards, i dont get what they mean, they seemed to have starred the one they claimed was incomplete earlier, cus i told dem dt d other documents have not been sent yet.

*We have reviewed your application. This message hereby replaces the previous one.*
Dear FRANCIS A. A,

Educational Documents

You have selected to indicate your eligibility for Master's level studies with the following: BMLS (Bachelor of medical laboratory science), LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO.

We have received the following documents but they were not officially certified:
- Transcript of records

*The transcript of records was not submitted according to the country-specific requirement as the envelope does not have the institution's official stamp across the back flap.*

*Please note that an official transcript of records must be submitted to University Admissions Finland by the awarding institution. The envelope must be sealed by the awarding institution’s official stamp across the back flap. The transcript of records must come to University Admissions Finland directly from the awarding institution and cannot be sent by the applicant.
It is acceptable if the envelope contains other official documents awarded by the institution (e.g. degree certificate and diploma supplement). However, no other enclosures can be submitted with the transcript of records.*

The following document does not include all the required information:
- Transcript of records

*Please note that your transcript of records does not include information on the completion times of the study units. Please submit an officially certified document issued by the awarding institution that states either the completion times of the individual study units or your overall time of study at the institution. Please note that information on the usual duration of the programme is not sufficient.*

*The transcript must also cover the full length of studies. This means that also transcripts of other studies must be included, if they form a part of your degree. Please attach the first page of the Transcript of records (Courses taken in semester 1 and 2)*

We have not received the following documents:
- Degree certificate
- Translation of degree certificate

Please make sure that all the required enclosures reach UAF by the given deadline as late enclosures are not processed.

3. Other required documents (verified by university)

Programme-specific required documents:
- Course descriptions for relevant courses in your transcript of records (in English, Swedish or Finnish)
- Copy of your passport's ID page

These documents are specifically requested by the programme you are applying to. UAF does not check the arrival or content of these documents, as this will be done by the university you are applying to.

If you have already submitted all the programme-specific enclosures requested by the university, please do not be alarmed when you receive this message and please do not enquire after these documents. You can feel sure that all of your application documents will be kept together and forwarded to the relevant university once processing has been completed.

Please make sure that you have sent all the required enclosures and that they meet the requirements set by the programme. After the application documents have been processed at UAF, they will be sent to the university. We ask for your patience while your application is being processed. The university will notify applicants of the admissions decision.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by katolistic(m): 9:26pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hello house, so i was able to send my documents for 6k today with UPS, they are running a promo that gives you 40% off the actual cost. Hurry while it last.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
Thanks to all my brothers here, i have made my online payment through GTB master card and Token, so easy and instant.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 9:39pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hmmm.....These UAF people don start their wahala this year again.

All the best guys..
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by temite: 5:29am On Dec 23, 2015
PLEASE HELP,

has anyone done the entrance exam for bachelors degree in finnland before? and where was the exam ? please help me or someone should advice what to do for an english bachelor studies.please ..( do i need to travel to kenya if i get to exam stage?

im reading on their site now that :

Some polytechnics/UAS arrange entrance examinations abroad and some only in Finland. More information about entrance exams abroad is available from FINNIPS.

In spring 2016 the network will arrange entrance examinations in fifteen countries outside Finland. Please note that changes may occur.

Brazil: São Paulo
China: Guangzhou and Wuhan
Estonia: Tallinn
Germany: Ludwigshafen
Great Britain: London
Hungary: Budapest
Kazakhstan: Astana
Kenya: Nairobi
Latvia: Riga
Nepal: Kathmandu
Poland: Warsaw
Russia: Dmitrov, Murmansk, St.Petersburg
Turkey: Istanbul
USA: Chicago
Vietnam: Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 7:33am On Dec 23, 2015
katolistic:
Hello house, so i was able to send my documents for 6k today with UPS, they are running a promo that gives you 40% off the actual cost. Hurry while it last.

How long does UPS take to deliver?

Because i would have to send my transcript again to avoid stories that touch.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mavinc4u(f): 9:53am On Dec 23, 2015
where can one write PTE exams?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 23, 2015
PHRANTAD:
I called my school n my school said the transcript was certified like they have been doing since, this now prompted me to reply d mail sent by UAF.

This is the mail UAF sent me afterwards, i dont get what they mean, they seemed to have starred the one they claimed was incomplete earlier, cus i told dem dt d other documents have not been sent yet.

*We have reviewed your application. This message hereby replaces the previous one.*
Dear FRANCIS A. A,

Educational Documents

You have selected to indicate your eligibility for Master's level studies with the following: BMLS (Bachelor of medical laboratory science), LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO.

We have received the following documents but they were not officially certified:
- Transcript of records

*The transcript of records was not submitted according to the country-specific requirement as the envelope does not have the institution's official stamp across the back flap.*

*Please note that an official transcript of records must be submitted to University Admissions Finland by the awarding institution. The envelope must be sealed by the awarding institution’s official stamp across the back flap. The transcript of records must come to University Admissions Finland directly from the awarding institution and cannot be sent by the applicant.
It is acceptable if the envelope contains other official documents awarded by the institution (e.g. degree certificate and diploma supplement). However, no other enclosures can be submitted with the transcript of records.*

The following document does not include all the required information:
- Transcript of records

*Please note that your transcript of records does not include information on the completion times of the study units. Please submit an officially certified document issued by the awarding institution that states either the completion times of the individual study units or your overall time of study at the institution. Please note that information on the usual duration of the programme is not sufficient.*

*The transcript must also cover the full length of studies. This means that also transcripts of other studies must be included, if they form a part of your degree. Please attach the first page of the Transcript of records (Courses taken in semester 1 and 2)*

We have not received the following documents:
- Degree certificate
- Translation of degree certificate

Please make sure that all the required enclosures reach UAF by the given deadline as late enclosures are not processed.

3. Other required documents (verified by university)

Programme-specific required documents:
- Course descriptions for relevant courses in your transcript of records (in English, Swedish or Finnish)
- Copy of your passport's ID page

These documents are specifically requested by the programme you are applying to. UAF does not check the arrival or content of these documents, as this will be done by the university you are applying to.

If you have already submitted all the programme-specific enclosures requested by the university, please do not be alarmed when you receive this message and please do not enquire after these documents. You can feel sure that all of your application documents will be kept together and forwarded to the relevant university once processing has been completed.

Please make sure that you have sent all the required enclosures and that they meet the requirements set by the programme. After the application documents have been processed at UAF, they will be sent to the university. We ask for your patience while your application is being processed. The university will notify applicants of the admissions decision.

I will advise you to send another transcript as soon as possible. I also finished from LAUTECH and I must say that negligence and incompetence on the part staffs there is high. I had to spend another 13k to resend my transcript as the one sent earlier was rejected by Aalto University for the same reasons. They put my name as sender on the courier waybill which means I was the one sending it and not the school. They claim it was to help the school identify the owner which is not acceptable by the Finnish schools.

It was after my complaint towards end of last week they started using the office of registrar as sender for it to be official. They even designed the envelope with various stamps. So my advise is to send a new transcript before it will be too late.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by malaoluolateju: 11:15am On Dec 23, 2015
Plismoll:

Thanks growingboi,I better find my way to Ikeja,to prevent stories that touch.Thank you for the answersssss.

Bro, were u able to get d documents certified at ikeja high court? How much did it cost u?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Kenyata(m): 4:08pm On Dec 23, 2015
Hello all,

Kindly assist with information on how I can do a direct entry to universities in Finland. I have ND and HND (both at Upper Credit) in Electrical Engineering from Kwara State Polytechnic. Thank you very much.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 6:04pm On Dec 23, 2015
Kenyata:
Hello all,

Kindly assist with information on how I can do a direct entry to universities in Finland. I have ND and HND (both at Upper Credit) in Electrical Engineering from Kwara State Polytechnic. Thank you very much.

Your best bet is to apply for Undergraduate studies with your waec certificate, i am not sure weda there are schools that accept ond or hnd for DE from non- EU graduates. You can search through studyinfo website though
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 6:08pm On Dec 23, 2015
My brother, please be advised that your qualification does not meet the masters criteria for finnish schools, I was once in your shoes and I had to do a PGD in computer science so I am using ND,HND,PGD to apply.
Thanks

Kenyata:
Hello all,

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 6:38pm On Dec 23, 2015
Good Day All,

After UAF sent me a mail that my ND,HND,PGD in computer science will not get me admission to Finland, I resent a mail to various schools and UAF, I got a reply from UAF stating:

Thank you for your message,

a) From the time the application period ends, you will have fourteen days to supplement that application. The deadline for supplements is stated in the notification email sent to you. Please note that time to supplement an application is given only once per application and all required enclosures must reach UAF by the given deadline in order for them to be processed.

Language skill requirements are set by the universities and programmes, so please check to make sure that the program you are applying to accepts PTE as a way to prove your language skills.

b) Post Graduate Diploma alone does not show your eligibility to Master's level studies, as Post Graduate Diploma is done after Bachelor's level. You need to indicate us the degree which gives you eligibility to Master's level studies. This means either a) Bachelor's Degree, or b) National Diploma, Higher National Diploma and Post Higher National Diploma together.

You must submit as many sets of officially certified educational documents as there are programmes you are applying to, e.g. if you apply to three programmes, we require three sets of officially certified application documents.

Please note that there are country-specific requirements mandating that educational documents must be submitted in a certain way. These country-specific requirements must be followed first and foremost, before any regular requirements for attesting documents. Please check the relevant country-specific regulations at http://universityadmissions.fi/?page_id=24.

and UEF sent me a reply which reads:

Dear Intending Applicant,
Thank you for your interest in the University of Eastern Finland. To be
eligible for master's level at universities in Finland you need to have both
degrees, Higher National Diploma (HND) and Post Graduate Diploma (PGD).

For further information please visit the programme's website
http://www.uef.fi/en/web/impit/admission-requirements. You can also contact UAF
for more information, info@universityadmissions.fi.

After reading their mails, I was relieved.Thanks to you all

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 23, 2015
Is there any1 who finished from unilorin that applied. How did u go about getting your transcript? I intend to travel there 4th January, if I can still make it.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Wordsmith(m): 12:04am On Dec 24, 2015
olabode89:

I was referring to frankie2K

That was why I was asking @frankie2K because I know they only accept a Bachelors degree for Masters application. Contact the program coordinator ASAP.

Olabode, hi. I applied at the University of Tampere online. I intend applying at Helsinki as well. Please when sending my transcript to the respective schools, do I send them as different mails to UAF or do I have two enclosures with the University's stamp and all, on each and then one big folder to put the two seperate applications into?

Do i also have to have copies of study certificates certified by an issuing institution or by a notary public?

Would really appreciate feedback as soon as possible.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mavinc4u(f): 9:44am On Dec 24, 2015
hello, please i need clarification on this to know if i am filling the right application form, does the application form consist of the following below. Must i write an English proficiency exam before applying? i would appreciate your response.

1Personal data >
2Eligibility >
3Study programme choices >
4Knowledge and experience >
5Additional information >
6Agree and submit
7 Ready
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 10:24am On Dec 24, 2015
Wordsmith:

Olabode, hi. I applied at the University of Tampere online. I intend applying at Helsinki as well. Please when sending my transcript to the respective schools, do I send them as different mails to UAF or do I have two enclosures with the University's stamp and all, on each and then one big folder to put the two seperate applications into?

Do i also have to have copies of study certificates certified by an issuing institution or by a notary public?

Bros...good morning o
Just to make some clarifications, first your university has to send your transcript directly to UAF or the university depending on the application process and this package can also include your university certificate notarized by the University. Second, you have to send your application containing notarized certificates and other requirements.

If you are applying to more than one program/university that the admission services is administered by UAF, you can send the applications in two different envelopes enclosed in one big envelope. The name of the program, university and application number should be written on the smaller application envelopes.

For the transcript, your university needs to send one transcript one program. For example in ur case, your university needs to send two transcripts. You have to sing this into the ears of the exam/records officer at your University's admission office "please stamp the back flap of the envelope containing the transcripts".

Whenever you have a question please kindly review the thread, this question was answered more than 5 times during last year's admission process ....
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mavinc4u(f): 12:36pm On Dec 24, 2015
olabode89:

Bros...good morning o
Just to make some clarifications, first your university has to send your transcript directly to UAF or the university depending on the application process and this package can also include your university certificate notarized by the University. Second, you have to send your application containing notarized certificates and other requirements.

If you are applying to more than one program/university that the admission services is administered by UAF, you can send the applications in two different envelopes enclosed in one big envelope. The name of the program, university and application number should be written on the smaller application envelopes.

For the transcript, your university needs to send one transcript one program. For example in ur case, your university needs to send two transcripts. You have to sing this into the ears of the exam/records officer at your University's admission office "please stamp the back flap of the envelope containing the transcripts".

Whenever you have a question please kindly review the thread, this question was answered more than 5 times during last year's admission process ....

oga, please attend to my question below

mavinc4u:
hello, please i need clarification on this to know if i am filling the right application form, does the application form consist of the following below. Must i write an English proficiency exam before applying? i would appreciate your response.
1Personal data >
2Eligibility >
6Agree and submit
7 Ready
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by shayhune: 3:42pm On Dec 24, 2015
mavinc4u:

1Personal data >
2Eligibility >
6Agree and submit
7 Ready

Yea. Those are the different steps involved when filling the application form.
Also, you need to write an English profiency exam like Toefl, IELTS or PTE before applying coz it's a requirement.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 24, 2015
EggPlant:
Is there any1 who finished from unilorin that applied. How did u go about getting your transcript? I intend to travel there 4th January, if I can still make it.
Brotherly i dey ilorin as i dey type. The transcript needs to be processed early because it can take more than a week to be ready.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mavinc4u(f): 3:29am On Dec 25, 2015
shayhune:

Yea. Those are the different steps involved when filling the application form.
Also, you need to write an English profiency exam like Toefl, IELTS or PTE before applying coz it's a requirement.

thanks alot. i got a message from TUT application link saying that **English translation of the transcript of record** must be submitted by 23/11/15; does that mean that the official transcript should be submitted by the said date because i thought deadline for everything is January. see this link https://studyinfo.fi/app/#!/korkeakoulu/1.2.246.562.17.36541415927
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by simba01(m): 7:57pm On Dec 25, 2015
Good day bosses, please I aspire to move to Finland next year. So please I need answers to these questions...
1. How much for ticket and visa to finland..
2. Can I get a job without a bsc certificate? If yes, what type of job can that be and can it sustain me for food, rent etc?
3. Can I do professional courses and use it to survive? If yes, what kind of professional certificates pay well in Finland.
4. How cheap are house rents in Finland.
5. What kind of business can I start up that can yield good profit as a Nigerian in Finland.
6. What kind of jobs do they give to international undergraduates.
.. Would really appreciate answers to these questions from an experienced Person that lives or lived in fin.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by akinsbola452000: 2:03am On Dec 26, 2015
if you applied to university of tampere for any of the courses in school of information sciences just speak up for little guidance.
I could help with some information. But please be specific in your questions and try to be sure of the exact programme.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by akinsbola452000: 2:11am On Dec 26, 2015
what course did you apply for at University of Tampere?

Wordsmith:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by akinsbola452000: 2:13am On Dec 26, 2015
Guy focus on getting admission first before this plenty question.

simba01:
Good day bosses, please I aspire to move to Finland next year. So please I need answers to these questions...
1. How much for ticket and visa to finland..
2. Can I get a job without a bsc certificate? If yes, what type of job can that be and can it sustain me for food, rent etc?
3. Can I do professional courses and use it to survive? If yes, what kind of professional certificates pay well in Finland.
4. How cheap are house rents in Finland.
5. What kind of business can I start up that can yield good profit as a Nigerian in Finland.
6. What kind of jobs do they give to international undergraduates.
.. Would really appreciate answers to these questions from an experienced Person that lives or lived in fin.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by akinsbola452000: 2:32am On Dec 26, 2015
The English proficiency test score depends on school and courses, UTA is very strict with the score. If you do not meet the exact score required for UTA courses don't bother to apply oooo. But i know TUT is a bit lenient

frankie2K:
Wow!!!!, So I can make too,Congrats
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by simba01(m): 6:43am On Dec 26, 2015
But I need to Make down these plans too.. Okay please how do I get admission, I want to study computer engineering, which school is best for me to attend? Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.