Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,087 members, 7,828,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (955811 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mohrolake: 11:00pm On Jun 17, 2016
@Olabode...we explained d deposits mentioned,cos two of it was frm his salary acct n the other three deposits was frm d business
But dey said how will d business not registered with such activity on d account
Could u pls help me make enquiries abt it
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mohrolake: 11:08pm On Jun 17, 2016
Olabode pls can i get to discuss with u privately....ajayirolake@gmail.com..pls message me
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 5:41am On Jun 18, 2016
@mohrolake , I had similar issue and I guess we had our supplementary requests at about the same time

Although it's gone, I don't think you shoulda mentioned that it's unregistered.
Way forward: reapply or appeal or do both concurrently. Appealing might take some time and since you were not rejected on forgery grounds, reapplying shouldn't be questionable. Just try to cover loopholes in the next app.

Anniekoko, you should be prepared to make cogent explanations for heavy deposits
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 6:16am On Jun 18, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:
@mohrolake , I had similar issue and I guess we had our supplementary requests at about the same time

Although it's gone, I don't think you shoulda mentioned that it's unregistered.
Way forward: reapply or appeal or do both concurrently. Appealing might take some time and since you were not rejected on forgery grounds, reapplying shouldn't be questionable. Just try to cover loopholes in the next app.

Anniekoko, you should be prepared to make cogent explanations of heavy deposits
heavy deposits into sponsors account or into applicants account?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 7:00am On Jun 18, 2016
jkels:

heavy deposits into sponsors account or into applicants account?
Both, bro.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mohrolake: 8:01am On Jun 18, 2016
@schooldropout..a traveling agency asked me to reapply but i shld mk use of my sponsor salary acct alone...and dat my dad can use his cooperative office account has a support with salary statement
My question is dis will i ve to open anoda acct for d deposit of d money
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mohrolake: 8:15am On Jun 18, 2016
@skuldropout could u pls drop ur digit here so i can call u
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SansmaOlamide(f): 7:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
@Mohrolake. How much is d highest fund deposited into your sponsor's account?
mohrolake:
@Olabode...we explained d deposits mentioned,cos two of it was frm his salary acct n the other three deposits was frm d business
But dey said how will d business not registered with such activity on d account
Could u pls help me make enquiries abt it
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by chibsyellow112: 11:12pm On Jun 18, 2016
Wonderful house with gorgeous people, I hail you all... Plz is Finland a place to be,, hustle, make money and also what are the chances of getting jobs to do over there? Plz be sincere in ur answers, thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sKeetz(m): 5:48am On Jun 19, 2016
What are the process to apply for an undergraduate program, the costs and visa process, etc a detailed answer will be appreciated.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olagold79: 12:06pm On Jun 19, 2016
I have a question,is it possible to use two different accounts for the application. For example I am in Belgium and I have like 1500Euro in my account. I intend to come to Nigeria for the application.The account I want to use in Nigeria is almost empty, but I will just sell one of my plots of land and deposit like 1.5-1.8million into the account.So I can submit documents claiming the money was a proceed from the sale of my land. So I can combine the two accounts. What are the possibilities?...any advice. Or can I still apply in Europe and present my Nigerian bank account? and the documents for the land and its sale.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 3:13pm On Jun 19, 2016
chibsyellow112:
Wonderful house with gorgeous people, I hail you all... Plz is Finland a place to be,, hustle, make money and also what are the chances of getting jobs to do over there? Plz be sincere in ur answers, thanks.

From page 0, Sir! I'm being sincere!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 3:15pm On Jun 19, 2016
sKeetz:
What are the process to apply for an undergraduate program, the costs and visa process, etc a detailed answer will be appreciated.

Detailed answer(s) can be found from page 0. I'm sure you'll appreciate me later if you heed to this!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 3:17pm On Jun 19, 2016
olagold79:
I have a question,is it possible to use two different accounts for the application. For example I am in Belgium and I have like 1500Euro in my account. I intend to come to Nigeria for the application.The account I want to use in Nigeria is almost empty, but I will just sell one of my plots of land and deposit like 1.5-1.8million into the account.So I can submit documents claiming the money was a proceed from the sale of my land. So I can combine the two accounts. What are the possibilities?...any advice. Or can I still apply in Europe and present my Nigerian bank account? and the documents for the land and its sale.

As long as the accounts are in your own name, you're good to go. Even at that, 1.6m NGN is enough for RP app.
To your last question, you can apply from anywhere provided you're legally resident there and can prove it!

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 3:18pm On Jun 19, 2016
mohrolake:
@schooldropout could u pls drop ur digit here so i can call u
Done!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 3:21pm On Jun 19, 2016
mohrolake:
@schooldropout..a traveling agency asked me to reapply but i shld mk use of my sponsor salary acct alone...and dat my dad can use his cooperative office account has a support with salary statement
My question is dis will i ve to open anoda acct for d deposit of d money
That's better. You don't have to open a new account. Just try to sort/clarify issues with the first app better this time around cos they already have your info with them.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olagold79: 4:47pm On Jun 19, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

As long as the accounts are in your own name, you're good to go. Even at that, 1.6m NGN is enough for RP app.
To your last question, you can apply from anywhere provided you're legally resident their and can prove it!

Thanks for the prompt response. I just want to be sure...that means I will be applying with 1 naija account with 1.6m and Euro account with like 1.5KEuro. That means I will have to physically come to Niaja to collect the documents and also reactivate my Naira account and collect originla statement of accounts. Or is there any other means of collecting originla statement of account from Naija that you know of. And please...I also want to ask this if you have personal experience, do you think it makes sense to apply with a Naira account from Europe or its better to kuku apply from Naija.

Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 5:11pm On Jun 19, 2016
olagold79:

Thanks for the prompt response. I just want to be sure...that means I will be applying with 1 naija account with 1.6m and Euro account with like 1.5KEuro. That means I will have to physically come to Niaja to collect the documents and also reactivate my Naira account and collect originla statement of accounts. Or is there any other means of collecting originla statement of account from Naija that you know of. And please...I also want to ask this if you have personal experience, do you think it makes sense to apply with a Naira account from Europe or its better to kuku apply from Naija.

Thanks
As long as the account is in your name and the money is equivalent to €6,720, I don't think there should be any problem. The main thing is, be legally resident where you are. Secondly, you can obtain your statement of account via proxy. Just provide an authorisation letter to the person that'll help you with the collection. I really do not see the need of you coming to Naija. I may be wrong though.

PS: you should also be aware that you'll have to provide proof of the source of the 1k5 euro. Personally, I feel just the naira account should suffice since you're able to provide the source(dox showing the sale of land)

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ghostdonshow: 6:13pm On Jun 19, 2016
olagold79:

Thanks

Just thinking.... And if you present an account to the visa officer reflecting your sufficient fund's for this years RP application, how have you convinced him your source of funds can still cater for your next year RP! Planning to take a job? Wrong move. Have you ever wondered why after they ask us to have 6750 euro in our account they tend to question our source of funds more..... Like I said, just thinking...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ghostdonshow: 6:23pm On Jun 19, 2016
mohrolake:
Olabode pls can i get to discuss with u privately....ajayirolake@gmail.com..pls message me

I honestly feel bad when I read your post, I know how it means to be denied a visa after all expenses and time.... Pffffff!!!

One advice for you girl, re- apply for another RP ASAP. Just two things though:

1-Don't mention you have an unregistered business
2- Hope in your next application your sponsors monthly income is sufficient, his opening balance is sufficient, his ending balance is sufficient, the money transferred to your account is not more than any of the consistent deposits made to his account over the last six months and if so, you should be ready to back that up with preferably sale of land. Good luck .
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by eMidas: 7:39pm On Jun 19, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Hahhaha cheesy cheesy cheesy I just say make i put una for suspense. Like say you read my mind, I wan appeal say why dem gimme just one RP cheesy cheesy . Dem no well!

My birthday was 25th May and My Rp comot 25 days after my interview. My interview na 19th May and my Rp comot 19 days after my birthday grin

I don dey check the flights. Be like say na etihad go sure for me o. About 151-154k. I wan move 15th August. Wetin dey my checklist na clipper, bata, wears, Jedi, Alomo and orijin.

I go don send 100 bottles via courier to Olabode89 in advance grin but orijin for don tire am. I go buy Alomo(winter dey come) grin
I for carry the Orijin factory come for you but i sabi say you for don kawa by then. grin

Hoas never get back to me o. I wan first register sehf cos e get one scholarship wey i wan apply for in August.
Thanks so much baba.

Hyvää työtä

I'm just returning to see your victory. Congrats man!

I see you everywhere there is opportunity to improve. You aren't a school-drop-out, it's actually school-drop-in.

Congrats sha.
My contention is this: What's the fees like to study in Finland? I've saved quite a lot sha. Can I get a job to carter for my needs afterwards in Finland? What sort of opportunities are bound for new immigrants/students?

Last, can I have a word with you off Nairaland? Sort of an email or BBM contact
Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 7:59pm On Jun 19, 2016
eMidas:

I'm just returning to see your victory. Congrats man!

I see you everywhere there is opportunity to improve. You aren't a school-drop-out, it's actually school-drop-in.

Congrats sha.
My contention is this: What's the fees like to study in Finland? I've saved quite a lot sha. Can I get a job to carter for my needs afterwards in Finland? What sort of opportunities are bound for new immigrants/students?

Last, can I have a word with you off Nairaland? Sort of an email or BBM contact
Thanks

Thanks ma man. Lol@schooldropin. I still be dropout sha till I start my MSc. grin .
The fees could range from 8k-25k. Although, Its 10k-13k for University of Helsinki. Yes you can get a job to cushion the expenses especially if you stay in bigger cities like Helsinki, Espoo, Tampere,Jyvaskyla etc.

Depends on what you're looking for. As for me, I always try to have Plan Z, if after Msc, you want to go on with ur PhD, opportunities abound within and outside the country

You can always PM me anytime, I'll send you my contacts(bbm, whatsapp or any other)

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 8:01pm On Jun 19, 2016
Abehg, who don pay Student Union fee? All these CBN fiscal policies wahala sehf! I need to pay to register. Abehg, make i sabi if anybody don successfully do am
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olagold79: 9:35pm On Jun 19, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Thanks ma man. Lol@schooldropin. I still be dropout sha till I start my MSc. grin .
The fees could range from 8k-25k. Although, Its 10k-13k for University of Helsinki. Yes you can get a job to cushion the expenses especially if you stay in bigger cities like Helsinki, Espoo, Tampere,Jyvaskyla etc.

Depends on what you're looking for. As for me, I always try to have Plan Z, if after Msc, you want to go on with ur PhD, opportunities abound within and outside the country

You can always PM me anytime, I'll send you my contacts(bbm, whatsapp or any other)

Honestly, I wouldn't advice anyone to study in Finland for that exorbitant amount...it is pointless. Trust me I know the place really well, I have been there a couple of times n I have peeps there a lot. You'd do well to go to Australia or Canada(Canada is by far the most advisable). You can get jobs, but it is not as easy as it used to be...but it is stll much possible. The major problem is the language barrier (they don't joke with their language even for cleaning jobs) and also EU economy is quite bad at the moment. Tampere, Turku , Helsinki are the best places to get a job...anywhere outside that is OYO. If anyone have that much money for Tuition....just go to Canada!!!!.And Finns speak very good english,so it is difficult to get English customer support job as you'd get in say for example Tallinn.

But if you are not paying tuition, that's cool...make as much money as you can n go to an anglo-phone country. The standard in Finland i recognised so you can easily get well funded PhD in Canada or elsewhere. Best of luck everyone.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 10:36pm On Jun 19, 2016
olagold79:

Honestly, I wouldn't advice anyone to study in Finland for that exorbitant amount...it is pointless. Trust me I know the place really well, I have been there a couple of times n I have peeps there a lot. You'd do well to go to Australia or Canada(Canada is by far the most advisable). You can get jobs, but it is not as easy as it used to be...but it is stll much possible. The major problem is the language barrier (they don't joke with their language even for cleaning jobs) and also EU economy is quite bad at the moment. Tampere, Turku , Helsinki are the best places to get a job...anywhere outside that is OYO. If anyone have that much money for Tuition....just go to Canada!!!!.And Finns speak very good english,so it is difficult to get English customer support job as you'd get in say for example Tallinn.

But if you are not paying tuition, that's cool...make as much money as you can n go to an anglo-phone country. The standard in Finland i recognised so you can easily get well funded PhD in Canada or elsewhere. Best of luck everyone.

On point! You no lie!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by weirdarkhitekt(m): 8:34am On Jun 20, 2016
Hey guys,

I still need some clarifications on finances. If 1.55m in a naija bank account gets me RP. When I get to Suomi the only way to access it is via atm and online banking. Atm withdrawals is at the market rate which is predicted to be about 380 to 400, which we hope to settle to 300 soon. This effectively reduces the €6720 to less than €5000. Can one survive in Helsinki (where rents alone is almost €400) on about €400/mo.

Please I need some further explanations, I'm hoping it's my research that is lacking in some way
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 9:37am On Jun 20, 2016
weirdarkhitekt:
Hey guys,

I still need some clarifications on finances. If 1.55m in a naija bank account gets me RP. When I get to Suomi the only way to access it is via atm and online banking. Atm withdrawals is at the market rate which is predicted to be about 380 to 400, which we hope to settle to 300 soon. This effectively reduces the €6720 to less than €5000. Can one survive in Helsinki (where rents alone is almost €400) on about €400/mo.

Please I need some further explanations, I'm hoping it's my research that is lacking in some way

Well, as a naija guy, you should be able to, according to the veterans. You just have to find ways to cut cost. Are you headed for Uni Helsinki?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anniekoko: 9:43am On Jun 20, 2016
Hi guys after having said all, the 97k deposit by my mum has been explained in my letter of explanation and uploaded on the portal. My letter of explanation, having composed and sent along with my documents to abuja since may, i however forgot to upload it to the portal which i just did on saturday morning. Pls should should i have waited for them to ask me or somthing? Also, how long does it take for decision to be ready after its been on "in progress" ? its been there since friday cry
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 10:18am On Jun 20, 2016
anniekoko:
Hi guys after having said all, the 97k deposit by my mum has been explained in my letter of explanation and uploaded on the portal. My letter of explanation, having composed and sent along with my documents to abuja since may, i however forgot to upload it to the portal which i just did on saturday morning. Pls should should i have waited for them to ask me or somthing? Also, how long does it take for decision to be ready after its been on "in progress" ? its been there since friday cry

Did they request for supplementary documents before you sent the letter of explanation? You should get your deciosion today or tomorrow at the latest
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by epsilonwaves: 10:35am On Jun 20, 2016
pls doi need to upload my sponsors document on migri? very very urgent..pls reply now..
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 10:50am On Jun 20, 2016
epsilonwaves:
pls doi need to upload my sponsors document on migri? very very urgent..pls reply now..

Sure! You have to upload all documents --aside the filled Ole_Opi form-- you'll be sending to the embassy.
And please, note! It's not on migri website but www.enterfinland.fi

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anniekoko: 11:30am On Jun 20, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Did they request for supplementary documents before you sent the letter of explanation? You should get your deciosion today or tomorrow at the latest
They didn't ask o. I just forgot to upload it initially. Truth is, same account is also my salary account and savings. My salary is more than 97k. And its the same account my sponsor paid in the 1.5m. He did 1m first, then 500k.

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.