Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (950050 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ogompaul(m): 2:19pm On Oct 03, 2014
bumitek02: guy you can't withdraw the money after printing your SOA because they will still ask you to print another one after two weeks so if you touch your money it will reflect. So live the cash in your account to avoid interruption.
ask u to print another one after two weeks of what? is it before the VISA application or after the VISA application? please clarify me. Thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 2:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
ogompaul: please I want to be sure I understood what u said above, are u saying I can deposit the money three weeks to d day I would want to print d SOA so far I've been making transactions for the past three months. please clarify. Thanks.

That's how am seeing it bro. Other bosses up there can help with this when they come online. BUT since they require 3months transaction proof, what am thinking is they wanna see inflow and outflow of cash from your account (at least 1.5m) and also see you have the 1.5 as at the time of application. If they really want the cash to be in there for three months, then they will be using a blocked account like the German ppl.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 2:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
ogompaul: ask u to print another one after two weeks of what? is it before the VISA application or after the VISA application? please clarify me. Thanks.

Once you apply, you are to print the SOA. What @bumitek is saying is they will check the account from the bank to see if you still got the cash. It can be 2weeks after application and it can be one month.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ogompaul(m): 3:09pm On Oct 03, 2014
adebasket97:

Once you apply, you are to print the SOA. What @bumitek is saying is they will check the account from the bank to see if you still got the cash. It can be 2weeks after application and it can be one month.
Oook, that is, once u apply, u don't have to touch d moni until ur Visa z ready, after which u can then withdraw, ryt?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 3:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
adebasket97:

I think i need to make it clearer now..

There is no general rule about how and when the money should be deposited. The fact is, u need to have 6720 euros for a year's permit. Hence you need to be able to convince the guy handling your file in migri. However from experience, take note of the following.

* They require SOA for the past 3 months (I noticed 3 months is being mentioned here. It used to be 6 months. Not aware of the change)
* Make sure the account has been active for that period. If possible, intentionally put money in it from time to time and withdraw. Just to make it active. Dont open a new account today and deposit 1.5m there tomorrow.
* Even if u have the 1.5m at once, try to drop it in the account in bits. Like 3-4 installments.
* Make sure that all those deposits are either self deposits or deposited by your sponsor. They will go through every line of transaction and if an huge amount was deposited by someone other than you or your sponsor, they will ask questions.
* Now, when u apply, at the embassy, on interview day, u will fill a consent form. This authorizes the embassy to request for your statement from the bank directly. This means that, be prepared to have that 1.5m there for the entire application period. You can perform transactions on the account but dont let the balance fall below 1.5m at any point in time.
* When embassy receives the application, they dont process it. They forward it to migri in Finland. Between 2wks-1month after you apply, migri will contact u directly asking for some additional documents. This includes your SOA from the date you visited embassy till the date you were contacted by migri. So from there they will know if you actually withdrew the money immediately u applied. So its best to leave the money there throughout. Just plead to the owner of the money and if possible tell them before hand.

When you eventually get your RP, you can wipe out your account same day.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 3:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
Guy I understand your way, it no dey easy to have such amount in our account, you know what? If u wana borrow the owo just let them give you 2 to 3 months, even if they need to withdraw let it be withdraw and put immediately. Till RP comes out.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 3:44pm On Oct 03, 2014
iceberg54:

There is no general rule about how and when the money should be deposited. The fact is, u need to have 6720 euros for a year's permit. Hence you need to be able to convince the guy handling your file in migri. However from experience, take note of the following.

* They require SOA for the past 3 months (I noticed 3 months is being mentioned here. It used to be 6 months. Not aware of the change)
* Make sure the account has been active for that period. If possible, intentionally put money in it from time to time and withdraw. Just to make it active. Dont open a new account today and deposit 1.5m there tomorrow.
* Even if u have the 1.5m at once, try to drop it in the account in bits. Like 3-4 installments.
* Make sure that all those deposits are either self deposits or deposited by your sponsor. They will go through every line of transaction and if an huge amount was deposited by someone other than you or your sponsor, they will ask questions.
* Now, when u apply, at the embassy, on interview day, u will fill a consent form. This authorizes the embassy to request for your statement from the bank directly. This means that, be prepared to have that 1.5m there for the entire application period. You can perform transactions on the account but dont let the balance fall below 1.5m at any point in time.
* When embassy receives the application, they dont process it. They forward it to migri in Finland. Between 2wks-1month after you apply, migri will contact u directly asking for some additional documents. This includes your SOA from the date you visited embassy till the date you were contacted by migri. So from there they will know if you actually withdrew the money immediately u applied. So its best to leave the money there throughout. Just plead to the owner of the money and if possible tell them before hand.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!!
you said it all
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2014
@icerberg54 and adebasket thanks for the clarification.
@iceberg how long did it take for your rp application to be processed, did u apply online before submitting the document to the embassy(it's regard sending another SOA stuff).
from what I just read from the migri website. the average processing time was 19 days for 2013.
the reason am asking this is because the source of d money na community effort just want to be sure before sourcing for benefactors.
I guess u are in Aalto do those guys accept scanned ielt results and what are the chances of a cgpa of let say 3.4(2.2)
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ogompaul(m): 5:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
iceberg54:

I hope this helps.

Cheers!!
Thanks Bro for that piece buh are u saying that d 1.5M will have to be there for 6months? or jas to run d account for six month nd make sure u hav a closing balance of 1.5M some weeks before applying for Visa
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by our9ja: 7:50pm On Oct 03, 2014
Please i want to apply for Msc in any Business and Management courses in Finland with GPA 2:2 at 2.49 grade in Accounting ,Do i stand a chance ?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 8:52pm On Oct 03, 2014
ogompaul: Thanks Bro for that piece buh are u saying that d 1.5M will have to be there for 6months? or jas to run d account for six month nd make sure u hav a closing balance of 1.5M some weeks before applying for Visa

Boss, the second option. some weeks before applying. But active for six months.

Cheers!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 8:56pm On Oct 03, 2014
jeffoe: @icerberg54 and adebasket thanks for the clarification.
@iceberg how long did it take for your rp application to be processed, did u apply online before submitting the document to the embassy(it's regard sending another SOA stuff).
from what I just read from the migri website. the average processing time was 19 days for 2013.
the reason am asking this is because the source of d money na community effort just want to be sure before sourcing for benefactors.
I guess u are in Aalto do those guys accept scanned ielt results and what are the chances of a cgpa of let say 3.4(2.2)

My Rp took about 8 weeks. I didn't apply online. I heard it was much faster for guys that came in this year. So try to apply online. Cos then migri gets ur docs directly instead of having to wait for embassy to send it.

I did Toefl, so i don't know whats up with the IELTS stuff.

For CGPA, they dont usually specify any minimum requirement. However, because the competition is always keen, you are advised to apply to at least 4 schools. Increases your chances.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 5:46am On Oct 04, 2014
See the pic. Its 3months transaction SOA now

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 9:33am On Oct 04, 2014
I got an email for british council that my speaking text will be on Tuesday at Thompson avenue while other there test will hold at imperial hall, otumba jobi fela way ALAUSA IKEJA, pls is this how they are doing it, is any body know this place, and how I will locate there from IBA estate lasu gate?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mickyboiz: 6:04pm On Oct 04, 2014
bumitek02:
I got an email for british council that my speaking text will be on Tuesday at Thompson avenue while other there test will hold at imperial hall, otumba jobi fela way ALAUSA IKEJA, pls is this how they are doing it, is any body know this place, and how I will locate there from IBA estate lasu gate?
best of luck bro
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mickyboiz: 6:06pm On Oct 04, 2014
HOW MANY YEARS is IELTS
RESULT
VALIDITY ?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 6:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
Mickyboiz:
HOW MANY YEARS is IELTS
RESULT
VALIDITY ?
2 years
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 6:31pm On Oct 04, 2014
Mickyboiz:
best of luck bro
thanks dear
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mickyboiz: 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
bumitek02:
thanks dear
which uni u wan apply to?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by kennyrony(m): 7:51pm On Oct 04, 2014
The embassy as the write to verify Ur Bank details

jeffoe:
with regards the 3 month s.o.a I need some clarification.
will the SOA show that 1.5 mil was in your account for three month
must the SOA be for a three month period
what of , if in the 3 month period of the SOA it shows that the 1.5 mill came in during the last week of the three month period
how much should be in your sponsor SOA i.e. the minimum
has anyone gotten the SOA before how does it look like.
what of if one just deposit the huge amount get the SOA and completely withdraw the funds.
I know the bank will not disclose my account balance to the embassy so there is no way the embassy will know if I had the money withdrawn afterwards if it doesn't reflect in the SOA. a beg I need clarification.
in previous post I have read it's always says one requires a SOA but I didn't take notice of the three month stuff.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 8:56pm On Oct 04, 2014
iceberg54:

My Rp took about 8 weeks. I didn't apply online. I heard it was much faster for guys that came in this year. So try to apply online. Cos then migri gets ur docs directly instead of having to wait for embassy to send it.

I did Toefl, so i don't know whats up with the IELTS stuff.

For CGPA, they dont usually specify any minimum requirement. However, because the competition is always keen, you are advised to apply to at least 4 schools. Increases your chances.

Cheers!
thanks very plenty.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 9:19pm On Oct 04, 2014
Mickyboiz:
which uni u wan apply to?
never know yet
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SF9ja: 3:34am On Oct 05, 2014
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Google63(m): 2:18pm On Oct 05, 2014
adebasket97:
See the pic. Its 3months transaction SOA now

The snap shot u uploaded didn't finish... Can u post the concluding part too? thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ogompaul(m): 11:07pm On Oct 05, 2014
I would be much pleased if anyone in d house could be benevolent enough to help me with past questions on IELTS exams please and possible way I could prepare to ensure I scale through in flying colours. I intend writing d exam on December so i would get prepared ist, I hope it won't be late? my E-mail ogompaul@yahoo.com Thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Inufele1: 11:58pm On Oct 05, 2014
ogompaul:
I would be much pleased if anyone in d house could be benevolent enough to help me with past questions on IELTS exams please and possible way I could prepare to ensure I scale through in flying colours. I intend writing d exam on December so i would get prepared ist, I hope it won't be late? my E-mail ogompaul@yahoo.com Thanks.
Waiting till December may be too late for u O! Send a blank mail to [size=14pt]selfstudy360@gmail.com[/size] there is a link for u to download the materials, they r exactly what came out in my test, nothing outside of it came out. It's very nice plus it teaches the marking skim
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ogompaul(m): 5:57am On Oct 06, 2014
Inufele1:

Waiting till December may be too late for u O! Send a blank mail to selfstudy@gmail.com there is a link for u to download the materials, they r exactly what came out in my test, nothing outside of it came out. It's very nice plus it teaches the marking skim
Thank u soooooooo very much. God bless u nd all the persons who have been giving helping hands in this thread. @Inufele1 I really appreciate.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ogompaul(m): 7:02am On Oct 06, 2014
Inufele1:

Waiting till December may be too late for u O! Send a blank mail to selfstudy@gmail.com there is a link for u to download the materials, they r exactly what came out in my test, nothing outside of it came out. It's very nice plus it teaches the marking skim
please Inufele1, are they going to send me d past questions as an email (attachment mail)? and how long may it take to come becos I'm thinking of changing my exam date.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 7:55am On Oct 06, 2014
For people that have written iELTS, did you go to the test with your phone?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 8:36am On Oct 06, 2014
Nope. Pple did but its risky. You wud be asked to put it in an envelop, it wud be staples and left outside along with many other envelops. Summary, after the exam, the rush might be much n person fit collect ur envelop waka
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 8:59am On Oct 06, 2014
WhyNa:
Nope. Pple did but its risky. You wud be asked to put it in an envelop, it wud be staples and left outside along with many other envelops. Summary, after the exam, the rush might be much n person fit collect ur envelop waka
ok thanks for your reply, did you do all your test in British council office ikoyi, cos they put my written test in alausa ikeja

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.