Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,573 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (954539 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Inufele1: 9:12am On Oct 06, 2014
ogompaul:
please Inufele1, are they going to send me d past questions as an email (attachment mail)? and how long may it take to come becos I'm thinking of changing my exam date.
A link to where u will download the questions, but remember send a blank email to [size=14pt]selfstudy360@gmail.com [/size] you will receive an instant auto-reply in less than a minute. It's about 100mb in size it has audio for the listening test and pdf file for the speaking, writing and reading part of the test.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 11:10am On Oct 06, 2014
Yes i did. Dropped it in my car but if u r nt going wv a car then its advisable to drop it at home

bumitek02:
For people that have written iELTS, did you go to the test with your phone?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 11:12am On Oct 06, 2014
Iceberg have spoken well. Hyva Poika

iceberg54:

I think i need to make it clearer now..

There is no general rule about how and when the money should be deposited. The fact is, u need to have 6720 euros for a year's permit. Hence you need to be able to convince the guy handling your file in migri. However from experience, take note of the following.

* They require SOA for the past 3 months (I noticed 3 months is being mentioned here. It used to be 6 months. Not aware of the change)
* Make sure the account has been active for that period. If possible, intentionally put money in it from time to time and withdraw. Just to make it active. Dont open a new account today and deposit 1.5m there tomorrow.
* Even if u have the 1.5m at once, try to drop it in the account in bits. Like 3-4 installments.
* Make sure that all those deposits are either self deposits or deposited by your sponsor. They will go through every line of transaction and if an huge amount was deposited by someone other than you or your sponsor, they will ask questions.
* Now, when u apply, at the embassy, on interview day, u will fill a consent form. This authorizes the embassy to request for your statement from the bank directly. This means that, be prepared to have that 1.5m there for the entire application period. You can perform transactions on the account but dont let the balance fall below 1.5m at any point in time.
* When embassy receives the application, they dont process it. They forward it to migri in Finland. Between 2wks-1month after you apply, migri will contact u directly asking for some additional documents. This includes your SOA from the date you visited embassy till the date you were contacted by migri. So from there they will know if you actually withdrew the money immediately u applied. So its best to leave the money there throughout. Just plead to the owner of the money and if possible tell them before hand.

When you eventually get your RP, you can wipe out your account same day.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!!

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 2:32pm On Oct 06, 2014
Nah. Speaking test was at ikoyi n d main exam was at National theatre
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ogompaul(m): 3:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
Inufele1:

A link to where u will download the questions, but remember send a blank email to [size=14pt]selfstudy360@gmail.com [/size] you will receive an instant auto-reply in less than a minute. It's about 100mb in size it has audio for the listening test and pdf file for the speaking, writing and reading part of the test.
I've sent d blank mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com but am yet to receive anything.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 3:07pm On Oct 06, 2014
WhyNa:
Nah. Speaking test was at ikoyi n d main exam was at National theatre
your own better its almost same area but mine after speaking test at ikoyi tomorrow I will have to go to ikeja on Saturday
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 5:53pm On Oct 06, 2014
Just relax your mind and get ready. In two days it will be over....partially. Lol. The thinking begins after one week. All d best
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 8:11pm On Oct 06, 2014
WhyNa:
Just relax your mind and get ready. In two days it will be over....partially. Lol. The thinking begins after one week. All d best

Petra u ehn!! You fit make person laf tire o..... *the thinking begins after one week* ahahhahaha
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 10:22pm On Oct 06, 2014
adebasket97:

Petra u ehn!! You fit make person laf tire o..... *the thinking begins after one week* ahahhahaha

Lol. U neva see anytin. I'm talking out of experience. The day the reault was supposed to be posted, I checked mine n e no gree show, mehn I get hrt attack: ask adebasket. I kept calling british council until all d card i loaded finished. My dear, when d mail man finally came with d dhl envelop, i no gree open am again grin grin

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ogompaul(m): 7:29am On Oct 07, 2014
WhyNa:

Lol. U neva see anytin. I'm talking out of experience. The day the reault was supposed to be posted, I checked mine n e no gree show, mehn I get hrt attack: ask adebasket. I kept calling british council until all d card i loaded finished. My dear, when d mail man finally came with d dhl envelop, i no gree open am again grin grin
I op say de dey pass d exam wella?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 7:40am On Oct 07, 2014
ogompaul:
I op say de dey pass d exam wella?

Hehe. If you write well U go pass well cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ogompaul(m): 7:43am On Oct 07, 2014
WhyNa:

Hehe. If you write well U go pass well cheesy cheesy
u eeh!!

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 1:57pm On Oct 07, 2014
@petra true talk don spoil u o. U too dy talk true. Lol
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 3:26pm On Oct 07, 2014
adebasket97:
@petra true talk don spoil u o. U too dy talk true. Lol

cheesy[sup][/sup]
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ogompaul(m): 2:39pm On Oct 08, 2014
for two days now, no quotes no replies, no new posts. here dry pass sambisa ........ na wa o! make we wet am abeg brothers
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 4:39pm On Oct 08, 2014
Abeg whyna and adebasket. I want to know if British council will bring my result for me cos I didn't complete my address when filling my form as in I only but my house address with out putting my town can I still adjust it, cos to go that ikoyi far for me
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 7:58pm On Oct 08, 2014
@bumitek.........its better you call their helpline
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2014
bumitek02:
Abeg whyna and adebasket. I want to know if British council will bring my result for me cos I didn't complete my address when filling my form as in I only but my house address with out putting my town can I still adjust it, cos to go that ikoyi far for me

Bumitek are you in Lagos? If the address resemble Lag address, then you have to go pick it at their office. The rule is if your exam center is in Lagos and you gave a Lagos address, you have to go pick it yourself. If you gave an address outside Lagos, den it will be mailed to you.

However, just like adebasket said, you should call them as you said you didn't fill your address completely. I prefer you mail them and be patient for their reply except you get 400naira and above to call them cos their line be like all this mtn customer care line grin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2014
adebasket97:
@bumitek.........its better you call their helpline
ok good
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 10:04pm On Oct 08, 2014
WhyNa:

Bumitek are you in Lagos? If the address resemble Lag address, then you have to go pick it at their office. The rule is if your exam center is in Lagos and you gave a Lagos address, you have to go pick it yourself. If you gave an address outside Lagos, den it will be mailed to you.

However, just like adebasket said, you should call them as you said you didn't fill your address completely. I prefer you mail them and be patient for their reply except you get 400naira and above to call them cos their line be like all this mtn customer care line grin
LoI that amount of the credit will even take me there from my home, I will go there no p. Thanks guys
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by 30card(m): 6:01pm On Oct 09, 2014
Guys who are already in finland studying how are you guys surviving?
arr you still living on the money you had in your account? let us know
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mickyboiz: 10:38am On Oct 10, 2014
@whyna and adebaskt, plss dnt let ds thread dry nw
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 11:36am On Oct 10, 2014
sure you are expected to have 6720 euro in ur account and with their calculation its an average of 560 per month. that estimate should last a year or at least close to a year. as average house rent where i stay (oulu) is 215euro/month so u have like 300 more to survive so its quite enough

30card:
Guys who are already in finland studying how are you guys surviving?
arr you still living on the money you had in your account? let us know
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dailydolar(m): 11:52am On Oct 10, 2014
sirkezman:
sure you are expected to have 6720 euro in ur account and with their calculation its an average of 560 per month. that estimate should last a year or at least close to a year. as average house rent where i stay (oulu) is 215euro/month so u have like 300 more to survive so its quite enough

as r saying u r not expected to remove the cash in ur account even after dey give d visa? cos na borrow me wan borrow d cash ooo once dem give me visa i return back to d owner and use my own remaining cash ooo
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 12:23pm On Oct 10, 2014
dailydolar:
as r saying u r not expected to remove the cash in ur account even after dey give d visa? cos na borrow me wan borrow d cash ooo once dem give me visa i return back to d owner and use my own remaining cash ooo

Bro, this is already answered..try to ready pages 37-39
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 12:25pm On Oct 10, 2014
sirkezman:

To me this is some kinda good news bro....if its possible to survive with 300-400 euros monthly...then finland is not that expensive. I did a six months training in austria in year 2011 and I do spend 600-800 euros month though na me dy go form big boy o...lol.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 12:27pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mickyboiz:
@whyna and adebaskt, plss dnt let ds thread dry nw

Make we wet am with infos right...lol
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 6:01pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mickyboiz no worry. Less than two months from now, u wunt be able to keep up with the posts again. Even me n adebasket go begin conjour the the bigger bros wey dey finland grin cheesy grin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mickyboiz: 8:17pm On Oct 10, 2014
aiit bro
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 10:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
sure u can now.. you can remove the money from ur account after you have your permit
dailydolar:
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by oluvicki(m): 10:34pm On Oct 10, 2014
Someone should please clear my mind off this, is dere still going to be any entrance exam apart from ielts...thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 1:38am On Oct 11, 2014
For masters studies no. For bachelors i tinkq so

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.