Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,678 members, 7,823,917 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (954631 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mickyboiz: 10:02am On Oct 11, 2014
hello @adebasket, whyna and d house is there any uni in finland dat accept undergraduate without entrance exam after ielts
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 10:33am On Oct 11, 2014
Mickyboiz:
hello @adebasket, whyna and d house is there any uni in finland dat accept undergraduate without entrance exam after ielts

I dont think so man
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mickyboiz: 10:38am On Oct 11, 2014
Hope finland study visa is nt worrisome lik canada,usa,germany and co... Any1 in d house wu applied for study permit bn denied/ refused b4?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mickyboiz: 10:46am On Oct 11, 2014
ppl ar jst cmin here to read comments only plsss aask questions i jst dnt lik dway ds thread is borin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 11:32am On Oct 11, 2014
Lol..some are just reading from page 1, I believe they will catch up with us.....as per your last questions.....from past experiences, if all your docs are complete then you won't have any prob with the RP stuff....

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mickyboiz: 12:18pm On Oct 11, 2014
@adebasket tanx bro, wishin bumitek all d best in his ielts test 2day u shal cm out wt bst result

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 1:03pm On Oct 12, 2014
Mickyboiz:
@adebasket tanx bro, wishin bumitek all d best in his ielts test 2day u shal cm out wt bst result
thanks dear, God will help us
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mickyboiz: 1:05pm On Oct 12, 2014
bumitek02:
thanks dear, God will help us
amen
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Just4mide: 7:56am On Oct 13, 2014
hello guys...how u doing here pls i wish to study in finland(undergrad) pls how can i go abg it i mean starting frm gettin admission to visa proccessing...thnks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mickyboiz: 8:47am On Oct 13, 2014
Just4mide:
hello guys...how u doing here pls i wish to study in finland(undergrad) pls how can i go abg it i mean starting frm gettin admission to visa proccessing...thnks
start reading frm begining

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by 30card(m): 2:36pm On Oct 13, 2014
sirkezman:
sure you are expected to have 6720 euro in ur account and with their calculation its an average of 560 per month. that estimate should last a year or at least close to a year. as average house rent where i stay (oulu) is 215euro/month so u have like 300 more to survive so its quite enough

thanks but what I really want to know is there a way to make extra income for one to sustain himself?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 8:40pm On Oct 13, 2014
sure, you fit work nah.. just like jobs are hard to come by

30card:

thanks but what I really want to know is there a way to make extra income for one to sustain himself?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mickyboiz: 11:37pm On Oct 13, 2014
@whyna& adebasket, i was checking for bachelor degree @ helsinki,Alto etc and i saw Bachelor degree cn be teach in swedish/finish and only master student cn be teach in english. Abeg dos it mean dat bachelor can only receiv lectures in swedish/finish ? Plss xplain
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 6:33am On Oct 14, 2014
sirkezman:

"Jobs"

Do you mean casual jobs are "very hard" to cme by also...like vendors and the rest. And as my peeps up there said na man know man thing o "connection things"
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 6:42am On Oct 14, 2014
Mickyboiz:
@whyna& adebasket, i was checking for bachelor degree @ helsinki,Alto etc and i saw Bachelor degree cn be teach in swedish/finish and only master student cn be teach in english. Abeg dos it mean dat bachelor can only receiv lectures in swedish/finish ? Plss xplain

Though majority of the undergraduate courses are taught in finnish but there are many bachelor courses that are also taught in english

http://studyinfinland.fi/what_to_study/study_programmes_database

select "English" in *by language* drop down box and chosee degree. Also select *bachelor* in *by level* drop down box.

You will see about 79 courses that are taught in English. You may be lucky to find your course of choice or a closely related course.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 7:42am On Oct 14, 2014
Mickyboiz:
that is exactly what it means, most undergraduate degree program are taught in Finnish/Swedish except the international masters usually taught in English
you could use the studyinfinland.fi search database to check for undergraduate course taught in English.
some oga at the top could throw more light
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 7:54am On Oct 14, 2014
sirkezman:

what of casual/menial job that can provide u with that 560 Eur per month to renew your papers are they also difficult to come by
what of if someone has a skill e.g barbing, driving etc would it improve there chance of generating personal income.
just don't want to get stranded there.
some previous posters in previous post said understanding there language and being closer to the city would make getting a part time job LESS difficult.
can this part time job be used to change one visa status. if a professional job doesn't come by.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 8:29am On Oct 14, 2014
yes. they are hard to come by especially in my own city. i heard its better in helsinki and environs. never been there but here in oulu, its a bit hard and thats true, u stand a better chance when people who work take u to their boss.. so u will be considered for the next available position..
adebasket97:

"Jobs"

Do you mean casual jobs are "very hard" to cme by also...like vendors and the rest. And as my peeps up there said na man know man thing o "connection things"

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 8:37am On Oct 14, 2014
sure. if you get a job, depending on the hours. using an average of 8euro per hour, it shd be enough to renew and abt the skills u mentioned, i dont really know so i wont say anything abt that. any type of job can be used to change status

jeffoe:
what of casual/menial job that can provide u with that 560 Eur per month to renew your papers are they also difficult to come by
what of if someone has a skill e.g barbing, driving etc would it improve there chance of generating personal income.
some previous posters in previous post said understanding there language and being closer to the city would make getting a part time job LESS difficult.
can this part time job be used to change one visa status. if a professional job doesn't come by.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 8:44am On Oct 14, 2014
Thanks sirkezman...........

one question on application issue

Am applying for like 5courses, and sure I am to send each application in different parcels, Making 5parcels. Can I gather this 5parcels in 1 big envelope? Since am sending to the same UAF address. As that will reduce cost of sending through DHL.....Or how did you do yours
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mickyboiz: 6:01pm On Oct 14, 2014
adebasket97:

Though majority of the undergraduate courses are taught in finnish but there are many bachelor courses that are also taught in english

http://studyinfinland.fi/what_to_study/study_programmes_database

select "English" in *by language* drop down box and chosee degree. Also select *bachelor* in *by level* drop down box.

You will see about 79 courses that are taught in English. You may be lucky to find your course of choice or a closely related course.
kiitos @adebasket and whyna ds 1 na gobe o i no understand finnish, i want to study elect-elect does it taugth in english or any suggestion on courses dat is taught in english?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 14, 2014
adebasket97:

Am applying for like 5courses, and sure I am to send each application in different parcels, Making 5parcels. Can I gather this 5parcels in 1 big envelope? Since am sending to the same UAF address. As that will reduce cost of sending through DHL.....Or how did you do yours

Boss, if all the 5 schools are using UAF, then you can go ahead and submit all together. I did likewise while applying, submitted 2 application envelopes inside one big envelope. so you can do that I guess, you can mail UAF to get more info about it too.

Cheers!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 14, 2014
jeffoe:

Just as SirKezman had already said, getting a job here na die, even if it menial (its the same job all international students compete for) but not impossible, it will only take a while ni. So my advise for those who wana borrow money with the intent of returning it after getting your RP, pls make sure u av atleast 2000euros o cos u're gona spend like crazy 4 ur first month (probably more than a thousand), so prepare your mind. It gets better after the first couple of months though.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 14, 2014
Mickyboiz:
kiitos @adebasket and whyna ds 1 na gobe o i no understand finnish, i want to study elect-elect does it taugth in english or any suggestion on courses dat is taught in english?
Bros, I don't really know much about undergrad, but you should check the university of applied sciences, na dem dey offer undergrad courses in English. University undergrad courses are mostly Finnish, so u got 2 look well ni or you could find a related course in English too.

Cheers!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by haychPee(m): 8:06pm On Oct 14, 2014
sirkezman:
sure. if you get a job, depending on the hours. using an average of 8euro per hour, it shd be enough to renew and abt the skills u mentioned, i dont really know so i wont say anything abt that. any type of job can be used to change status

Pls bro...how many hours can one work as a student in a day/week/month? Thanks
Safe!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 8:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
yes. just as Bunmiemich said
adebasket97:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 8:39pm On Oct 14, 2014
20-25 as stipulated on their site.. but they no really send.. if u like u fit work as many hrs as ur job permits
haychPee:

Pls bro...how many hours can one work as a student in a day/week/month? Thanks
Safe!

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 9:30pm On Oct 14, 2014
Thanks bosses......and about what @Bunmiemich said, its true o. am looking at preparing myself for four-six months, so at least before the six months runs out, way go don show.....9ja boy no dy dull nah.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mickyboiz: 10:49pm On Oct 14, 2014
Bunmiemich:

Bros, I don't really know much about undergrad, but you should check the university of applied sciences, na dem dey offer undergrad courses in English. University undergrad courses are mostly Finnish, so u got 2 look well ni or you could find a related course in English too.

Cheers!
kiitos bros, ah na Bleep bdis o
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by cjeriia: 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2014
@ Prospective finnish University applicants, spoke 2 an old colleague of mine that has spent like 3yrs in HAMK, he told me only Vaasa 'll likely conduct an entrance exam in Ghana in 2015. He said others will conduct in Kenya. Abeg anybody wey get person wey fit shed more light, make e begin dey research cos dat kenya tin far & dose kenyan's dey hostile 2 Naija people. Meanwhile, according 2 what I read on studyinfinland.fi, I was made 2 understand dat only FINNIPS 'll decide where d entrance exam will hold in Africa.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ganasy: 8:32am On Oct 16, 2014
Hello everyone. As I said before, have arrived Finland for my exchange semester. Can someone suggest to me places to catch fun? clubs, lounges, or partys. also which church possibly with nigerians. thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.