Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? (4417 Views)

Proposal Story Of Blogger Lizzy Oke: Love Knows No Wheelchair / Do You Want To Marry A Rich Man? Think Again. / Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 04, 2012
My friend has met a handsome man with a great job, home, car, no children, and according to her he has a large koboko stick. however he was in an accident many years ago that injured his legs. he is unable to walk, but he is completely independent. he is now telling her that he wants to marry and have children. she says she cares for him and is pleased that he treats her like a queen, but she is unsure if she would be happy being married to him because of his handicap. i have been silent on this because i do not want to sway her decision in any direction. lipsrsealed does anyone here have any experience with this type of relationship? if so, please give your input on this matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by 190: 5:22pm On Oct 04, 2012
do we need Elijah to come down from heaven to tell us that gurl would marry that man for his money

it seems you dont think anymore

4 Likes

Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 04, 2012
Maybe she is afraid that she will have to do things for him that she would not have to do for a husband without a disability. I have no experience with this type of relationship and cannot offer much advice, but she needs to confront her real fears.
Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 04, 2012
190: do we need Elijah to come down from heaven to tell us that gurl would marry that man for his money

it seems you dont think anymore

rubble head did you read the post, joor?! sad At this point she seems indecisive, despite the money. he has more than many of the silly area boys and yahoozees dancing about. he is a nice person and would make an excellent husband in terms of providing for her. he even drives for himself. so he is independent. but the fact remains that he does not walk. i don't want to have any influence over her decision, so i only listen. The question is do you know anyone in this situation and what challenges are present? also do you think you could marry someone with this handicap?
Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by xtrafly(m): 5:51pm On Oct 04, 2012
Obviously she's trying to decide if his money can make up for his disability... Let her decide for herself.

2 Likes

Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by 190: 5:54pm On Oct 04, 2012
xtrafly: Obviously she's trying to decide if his money can make up for his disability... Let her decide for herself.

OP please read this

2 Likes

Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by xtrafly(m): 6:14pm On Oct 04, 2012
love is blind... So they say. If she really loves him, his disability wouldn't be a problem. How about take the money away, do you think she'd still love him?

1 Like

Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by Wislet(f): 6:14pm On Oct 04, 2012
It won't be an easy decision for her to make, because, let's face it, almost everyone would love to marry an abled person. So, we won't be hypocritical there.
But,
In a situation where a woman falls in love with a 'disabled' man(without knowing the state of his wealth), his character, personality, and honestly loves him for who he is, being introduced to his wealth later on will change nothing.
Becquse that marriage would be honourable.
On the other hand, if the 'I am rich' card gets played first by the man, it will set the tone for the rest of the relationship(no matter how honest she wants her intentions to be). Because, let's face it, she won't come to terms with having to marry a disabled man.
And most times, if the answer is yes, the wealth was talking, not the heart.
@OP, since the lady is the one to live with the man for the rest of her life, and since the man deserves someone who truly loves him, you can just chip in this very short and simple suggestion to her.
'' If you know you wouldn't say 'Yes' without his money, then say 'No'. If otherwise, go ahead''.
You won't be interferring, and at the same time you won't feel guilty for not saying anything.
The question is all she needs to know if she truly should get into that relationship.
QED

1 Like

Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 04, 2012
i understand what everyone is saying, but she wouldn't date a man who has functional legs if he couldn't provide for her. i guess i see it differently because she is my friend. she seems to be genuine with how she feels, but is afraid of the handicap.
Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by Mynd44: 6:25pm On Oct 04, 2012
What's the big deal here? She loves him and he loves her. No stopping jorh
Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by ghettodreamz(m): 6:36pm On Oct 04, 2012
For goodness sake, they have been dating each other for some time, she has never been confused refusing all the cares, money and affections given to her by the man. So why is she confused now that he has proposed marriage to her? Some Nigerian girls are so gullible and would date anything just for the money. I don't think she ever loved him, but for his money, the cares and all the attentions she gets from him, so it shouldn't take her too long to decide.

She gets affection, cares and attentions and money from him, what else can a lady ask for in a man, what matter most is how much she loves him. If she had true love for him, then she shouldn't have found herself in this dilemma. If she could collect money from him, then she should as well marry him.

2 Likes

Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by ghettodreamz(m): 6:45pm On Oct 04, 2012
FortuneTeller: i understand what everyone is saying, but she wouldn't date a man who has functional legs if he couldn't provide for her. i guess i see it differently because she is my friend. she seems to be genuine with how she feels, but is afraid of the handicap.

I see, so she's obviously in it for the man's wealth. Then let her make the decision herself, whoever wants to swim shouldn't be afraid of the shark. #facts# undecided embarassed

1 Like

Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 04, 2012
@ghettodreamz and mynd_44: so you would have no concern with marrying someone in a wheelchair??

@wislet i appreciate your thoughts and i think i will ask her to look at your response

i understand that she is concerned because i don't know if I could go into such a relationship, but i know that the man is a good person and would treat her well.
Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by Wislet(f): 6:51pm On Oct 04, 2012
FortuneTeller: @ghettodreamz and mynd_44: so you would have no concern with marrying someone in a wheelchair??

@wislet i appreciate your thoughts and i think i will ask her to look at your response

i understand that she is concerned because i don't know if I could go into such a relationship, but i know that the man is a good person and would treat her well.
LMAO @ the question posed to mynd & ghettodrmz.
Really lmao.
Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by Wislet(f): 6:53pm On Oct 04, 2012
FortuneTeller: i understand what everyone is saying, but she wouldn't date a man who has functional legs if he couldn't provide for her. i guess i see it differently because she is my friend. she seems to be genuine with how she feels, but is afraid of the handicap.
she would regret it even more if she makes the worst mistake of them all...
... Marrying out of pity.

1 Like

Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by Mynd44: 6:54pm On Oct 04, 2012
I have no problem with sharing my life with such woman
Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 04, 2012
Mynd_44: I have no problem with sharing my life with such woman

have you been in a relationship with a woman in a wheelchair? undecided
Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by Wislet(f): 8:02pm On Oct 04, 2012
FortuneTeller:

still Lmao
Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by Mynd44: 9:35pm On Oct 04, 2012
FortuneTeller:

No.
Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by Mynd44: 9:37pm On Oct 04, 2012
Wislet: still Lmao
And I wonder what the hell is so funny
Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by Mary4life1(f): 10:22pm On Oct 04, 2012
Some women are funny sha.when he was not lame,the girl didnt complain but now that he is lame,she is confused.i will marry a man that i love whether he is blind,deaf or lame.i would care for him,treat him like my king and encourage him with words like 'it is going to be fine'.

2 Likes

Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by UjSizzle(f): 11:12pm On Oct 04, 2012
Dealing with a handicapped man can be quite challenging. But i really dnt see what the problem is...he's still a bachelor so dat wld mean he does most stuffs himself, he may need lil or no personal help from her. If she thinks otherwise,i and is still questioning herself n d rship then i'ld advice she didn't marry him. Living a life of discontentment n misery isn't worth all d cash n big koboko he's got.
Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 04, 2012
Mynd_44:
No.
EXACTLY!! angry
Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 04, 2012
Mary 4 life: Some women are funny sha.when he was not lame,the girl didnt complain but now that he is lame,she is confused.i will marry a man that i love whether he is blind,deaf or lame.i would care for him,treat him like my king and encourage him with words like 'it is going to be fine'.

he was lame before she met him. she may not have been thinking of her future until he began to discuss marriage and children. very unwise, but i told her she needs to make a decision so she does not keep him waiting.
Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by Nobody: 1:44am On Oct 05, 2012
FortuneTeller: My friend has met a handsome man with a great job, home, car, no children, and according to her he has a large koboko stick.

hmmm
Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by Mynd44: 4:40am On Oct 05, 2012
FortuneTeller:
EXACTLY!! angry
I wonder what that proves
Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by malaria(f): 6:38am On Oct 05, 2012
Poster if ur friend wanted the man. She wouldn't be confused.she doesn't want the man. She is considering the chances of money making up 4 the physical challange. Take d man 2 be a begger in dat condition I bet u ur friend wouldn't be a friend, not 2 talk of considering marriage. Be real.

4 Likes

Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by MyneWhite1(f): 8:53am On Oct 05, 2012
Hmmm....
Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 05, 2012
thank you for your input. she has read the posts and taken some time to think. although i don't think she has spoken with him yet, she told me that she has decided to refuse his offer and also end the dating. i let her know that this is a delicate matter due to his condition and that she needs to choose her words wisely when she declines his marriage proposal.

1 Like

Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 05, 2012
if she is interested in the marriage let her go ahead as far the man has made his intentions to marry, she shd not be confused if she is not interested, my advice is that if she loves him dearly let her go ahead that means if she can cope with his disability.
Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by maxkia(m): 9:04pm On Oct 05, 2012
Forget all the crap u guys are saying on here!she knows what she wants.so why bring it on here.its all about the money!girls like to reap where they did not sow.all she wants to do is to marry the man and cart away whatever she wants and buy herself a gud young man of her taste.nigerian girls?I hate them so much cos its always all about the money!LMAH
Re: RICH Man In A Wheelchair?? by tellwisdom: 9:39pm On Oct 05, 2012
I just pray she doesn't poison the man to inherit his properties #Poor man embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Be A Bad Boy In 8 Easy Steps / See What My Gf Sent Me This Morning / Why Was Nairaland Founder, Seun Interested In Lanicky's Age On June 23, 2016?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.