Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

What's Your Take On Judging Others? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Take On Judging Others? (5405 Views)

Judging Others / What is Your Take On Judging Others! / Judging Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by bisiswag(f): 12:37pm On Nov 04, 2012
He who is without sin should cast the first stone. Anyone remember this? That should answer your question @op
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by paris10: 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2012
Did the Bible actually say we SHOULDN'T judge? Hmm, read your Bible again... Most Christians are quick to quote Mathew 7:1 without considering what verse 2-6 of that same chapter says. Now let's have a look..

Jesus spoke about specks. Illustrating how you judge people. The verses clearly see Jesus employing us to be fair when we judge people. Jesus then clarify this in
John 7:24 " Do not judge according to appearance, but judge righteous judgement"

Other apostles echoed this same teaching, Titus 2:1 " As for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine". John 4:1 says we should test every spirit whether they are of God. Testing means a fail/pass judgement.

So my people, Jesus is not against judging other, but against judging them unfairly. He says you should judge people righteously (fairly).

Let's stop this ignorant assertion that the Bible did not say we should judge, because it clearly says we can if we are fair about it.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 04, 2012
paris10: Did the Bible actually say we SHOULDN'T judge? Hmm, read your Bible again... Most Christians are quick to quote Mathew 7:1 without considering what verse 2-6 of that same chapter says. Now let's have a look..

Jesus spoke about specks. Illustrating how you judge people. The verses clearly see Jesus employing us to be fair when we judge people. Jesus then clarify this in
John 7:24 " Do not judge according to appearance, but judge righteous judgement"

Other apostles echoed this same teaching, Titus 2:1 " As for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine". John 4:1 says we should test every spirit whether they are of God. Testing means a fail/pass judgement.

So my people, Jesus is not against judging other, but against judging them unfairly. He says you should judge people righteously (fairly).

Let's stop this ignorant assertion that the Bible did not say we should judge, because it clearly says we can if we are fair about it.

^^^Thanks! A very good point you put up there~!
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by Debest2: 2:18pm On Nov 04, 2012
GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR PEOPLE.
@ seriallink:
I want to beleive, that you are, asking to know, what you don't seem to understand. Or, are you asking, to put up an argument? Now listen. NOT ONLY IS IT SILLY, TO LIVE IN IGNORANCE, BUT ALSO SUICIDAL. I am, beginning to think, that some people are suffering from "SPIRITUAL CONVULSION". The BIBLE, in Hosea 4 vs 6, says, "MY PEOPLE PERISH, FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE". My brother, let it be known to you and others, in the same school of thought with you, that you and I, have been empowered to judge. The problem with us, is that, some of us, are too quick, at drawing conclusions. Who said, "WE SHOULD NOT JUDGE"? My BIBLE tells me, in the following books and chapters, that "WE SHOULD JUDGE"; but with wisdom. They are:- Psalms 37 vs 30; Amos 5 vs 14-15; 1Cor. 1 vs 10; Lk 12 vs 56; Rom 16 vs 17-18; 2Cor. 6 vs 17; 1John 4 vs 1; 2Tim 3 vs 5-6; Malachi 3 vs 18; etc. The BIBLE, even said in 1Cor. 6 vs 3 that, "WE SHALL JUDGE THE ANGELS". Child of God, don't be-little yourself. You are empowered, to judge. But do it, with wisdom. DON'T LET YOUR SENSE OF JUDGEMENT BE INFLUENCED, BY ANY MEANS; OTHERWISE, YOU WILL BE LIABLE. Bye for now and remain BLESSED. cool shocked cool

Big-ups to paris10 and Abbey2sam for their contributions. May the good Lord, continue to fill you, in Jesus name (Amen).

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 04, 2012
De-best:
GOD HAVE MERCY ON PEOPLE.
@ seriallink:
I want to beleive, that you are, asking to know, what you don't seem to understand. Or, are you asking, to put up an argument? Now listen. NOT ONLY IS IT SILLY, TO LIVE IN IGNORANCE, BUT ALSO SUICIDAL. I am, beginning to think, that some people are suffering from "SPIRITUAL CONVULSION". The BIBLE, in Hosea 4 vs 6, says, "MY PEOPLE PERISH, FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE". My brother, let it be known to you and others, in the same school of thought with you, that you and I, have been empowered to judge. The problem with us, is that, some of us, are too quick, at drawing conclusions. Who said, "WE SHOULD NOT JUDGE"? My BIBLE tells me, in the following books and chapters, that "WE SHOULD JUDGE"; but with wisdom. They are:- Psalms 37 vs 30; Amos 5 vs 14-15; 1Cor. 1 vs 10; Lk 12 vs 56; Rom 16 vs 17-18; 2Cor. 6 vs 17; 1John 4 vs 1; 2Tim 3 vs 5-6; Malachi 3 vs 18; etc. The BIBLE, even said in 1Cor. 6 vs 3 that, "WE SHALL JUDGE THE ANGELS". Child of God, don't be-little yourself. You are empowered, to judge. But do it, with wisdom. DON'T LET YOUR SENSE OF JUDGEMENT BE INFLUENCED, BY ANY MEANS; OTHERWISE, YOU WILL BE LIABLE. Bye for now and remain BLESSED. cool shocked cool

Thanks for your contribution bro. I created this thread to understand this issue, not just to create an arguement! I'm a truth seeker. Besides, so many Christians believe that judging others is unscriptural! Any little thing you say or cricticize, they'll tell you 'DO NOT JUDGE'

And BTW, I vehemently agree with your views and biblical backings. Thanks
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by Debest2: 2:39pm On Nov 04, 2012
@ seriallink:
Now that you know, don't even bother yourself, with whatever they say; because "SALVATION IS A PERSONAL RACE". Just continue to study the BIBLE, it will help you, to LIVE A BETTER LIFE. God bless you. cool shocked cool

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 04, 2012
I SEE THAT ODIOUS FELLOW CALLED COOGAR IN THIS THREAD
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 04, 2012
Omo Alata:

But all have sinned so who exactly will this spiritual man be
SPIRITUAL MAN >>>> JOHN 7 VS 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

AND

PSALM 91 VS 1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty THE SECRET PLACE OF THE MOST HIGH WILL BE THE WORD, THE BIBLE THAT IS. YOU DWELL IN IT MEANS YOU STUDY IT AND USE IT AS A GUIDE

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by Originalsly: 3:11pm On Nov 04, 2012
"... judge norhing before the appointed time, wait until the Lord returns". Isn't that the bottom line? "... the spirirual man make judgement about all things"... who is the spiritual man? Isn't he the same Lord? ...or is he one of these guys that declare themselves to be apointed by God as being spiritual/Man of God/bishop/prophet? I think people get confused with discerning and judging.
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by Mckybarf(m): 3:49pm On Nov 04, 2012
seriallink: Matthew 7:1-2: Judge not, or you too will be judged; for in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the same measure you used, it will be measured to you!

1 Corinthians 4:5; Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord returns. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time, each will receive his praise from God.
-----------------------------------------------------------

The two verses above restricts judging others, while the one below agrees that a spiritual man can judge, I want to know your take on this! Thanks in advance.

----------------------------------------------------------------

1 Corinthians 2:15 : The spiritual man make judgement about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgement! (NIV)
note well 'judge all Things' not others. They may seem the same but they are not. Judging whether something or an action is right or wrong is not the same as passing judgement on other people.
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by AdeniyiA(m): 4:49pm On Nov 04, 2012
those dt judge others are d ones who need deliverance from their fixated n unchanging life views n perspectives.
people judge others based on philosophy of life- wch is his/her own prob.
even ppl who are trained to read behaviours i.e d psychologists are careful nt to b judgemental or preemptiv,nt to talk of ppl who demsef are hard to counsel due to their rigid bliv wch in oda clime it's trash,cos knowledg is nt fixed.
advc ppl n let dem chart dea path,nt dampenin dea morale due to som uninformd critique
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by jnrremedy(m): 7:09pm On Nov 04, 2012
Joagbaje:

There' are about three kinds of judging. But I will talk about two. One is discernment. The other is condemnation. It's the condemnation part God is against .

Romans 14:12-13
So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way

When you condemn others for their actions or even mistakes, it becomes a yardstick for you to be condemned . But we can discern between good and evil. It's a mark of spiritual maturity.

1 Corinthians 2:15
But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
exactly u must not condem(in terms of not being judgemental) but as a true christian u must be able to discern what is good, acceptable and perfect. (.....be transformed by the renewal of your mind that you may prove what is the will of God what is good and acceptable and perfect.....rom 12:2 )
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 04, 2012
1st Corithians 5: 9- 13 clearly states " I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with unbelievers and immoral men not at all meaning the immoral of this world or the greedy and robbers since then you will need to go out of the workd but rather I wrote to you not to associate with any one who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of immorality or greed or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard or robber- not even eat with such a one. For what do I have to do with judging outsiders? Is it not inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside, drive out the wicked person from among you"

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by Nobody: 12:32am On Nov 22, 2012
Good comments and replies I got on this thread; what baffles me is when you talk against some of these Charlatans/Pastorprenuers, some brethren see it as being judgemental and they'll remind you again 'DO NOT JUDGE'! or TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED'! *Smh*
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by truthislight: 8:17am On Nov 22, 2012
Mckybarf: note well 'judge all Things' not others. They may seem the same but they are not. Judging whether something or an action is right or wrong is not the same as passing judgement on other people.

Judging others has to do with you attampting to decide who will be saved/enter the kingdom of God.

But telling people what the bible says on issues are not bad.

Eg. "liars will not inherit God's kingdom"

this ^^^ is not judging but a warning that can help the individual to think on the right direction.

The bible says : when God ask you to warn the wicked, have you warn him? If you dont, the wicked shall die for his own wickedness but you that refused to warn the wicked, God will ask the blood of the wicked from your own hands for not warning him.

So, it is a life or death think to see evil and keep quite.

Dont forget that high priest Eli' died for slack of warning the wicked/bad children.

Forgiveness is good, but seeking love by refusing to stand for the truth and warning the erring one is evil and is a lack of love for the erring one that will lose God's pleasure.

Keeping quite for evil to reign because you want to keep peace is evil befor God and such peace between the parties are accomplice and cannot be pleasing to God.

Isaiah 5:20 read.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa / A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! / All Atheist Will Have Their Place In The Lake Of Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.