Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,097 members, 7,852,711 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:09 AM

3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport - Crime (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport (125587 Views)

65-Year-Old Woman Burnt To Death By Cultists In Lagos / Calabar Boy Caught And Burnt To Death For Stealing (Graphic Photo) / 3 Students Beaten To Coma For Stealing Panties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 3:55am On Oct 06, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Omo TBH, Im scared of going to Naija.

Na so one enemy go throw her BB in my purse and shout "ole"!! Person go die before clearing im name.

What a savage country.

Na wa for you ooo! Wetin u wan go there go find naw? undecided
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 3:56am On Oct 06, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Na so one enemy go throw her BB in my purse and shout "ole"!! Person go die before clearing im name.

What a savage country.
I swear. I heard the story of some chick who did that to her boyfriend. He was playing with her bb phone and she jokingly called him "ole" and the people around turned to law enforcement officers and started beating the guy. Even when she tried to stop them, they pulled her away. At the end, they set this guy ablaze. Yet, Nigerians are so fast at denying barbarism. What other term can suitably describe this? The callousness in the hearts of some people leaves me beyond shocked.

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by playahP(m): 4:00am On Oct 06, 2012
pDude:

You are seeking sympathy for your dead soldiers abi? cheesy

You go seek taya. A smiling viper is still a viper

Seeking sympathy?? soldiers??.... what are you saying dawg?

Putting sentiments aside, cant you see!
have you been so blinded by poverty and hatred.
Put aside every affiliations and sentiments......

Dont you think they deserve atleast a second chance.
Back in my university days, a friend of mine was arrested in SARS for a month; when he came out, he turned pastor by force.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 4:03am On Oct 06, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

What a savage country.
Aunty Ileke, abi o. Imagine a situation wherein you start to run after hearing shouts and screams of "Ole," "Ole," not because you are guilty but because you succumb to instinct. If the pursuers catch you, they wouldn't even ask for any evidence, they will simply beat someone to death. Naija ma n da eru ba omo eniyan. Chei.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by dgreatest1: 4:07am On Oct 06, 2012
I HAVE BEEN READING SO MANY INTERESTING AND OUTRAGEOUS POSTS ON THIS TOPIC...AND 4 ME,I CANT SAY WAT THE COMMUNITY YOUTHS OF ALUU DID IS JUSTIFIED,BUT I CAN ALSO ARGUE THAT JUSTICE WAS INDIRECTLY GIVEN TO THOSE ROBBERS OR CULTISTS,THOUGH,IN AN UNORTHODOX WAY...WE LEAVE IN A COUNTRY WHERE THE SECURITY SYSTEM IS TOTALLY DOWN...BELIEVE ME WHEN I TELL YOU,IF THESE SAME GUYS WHERE GIVEN TO THE POLICE,THESE SAME THIEVES OR CULTISTS WILL PAY THEIR WAY OUT AND KILL WHO EVER DID SUCH THING TO THEM..THAT IS HOW UNSECURED WE CAN BE...THE TRUTH REMAINS THAT JUNGLE JUSTICE WILL ALWAYS HAVE ITS WAY IN OUR SOCIETY UNTIL THE GOVERNMENT REALIZES ITS DUTY TO ITS CITIZENS.WHEN THE PEOPLE DON'T GET JUSTICE OR THE RIGHT THINGS ARE NOT DONE TO ARREST,PROSECUTE AND JAIL THESE ROGUES,THERE WILL BE ANGER,AND WITH ANGER COMES ANARCHY AND THE REST IS HISTORY..WHO KNOWS WHAT IS HAPPENING IN OTHER COMMUNITIES ACROSS NIGERIA,WHERE ROBBERS WRECK HAVOC AND THE POLICE TURN THE OTHER WAY...WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE 'HUNTED' BECOMES THE 'HUNTER'....YOUR GUESS IS AS GOOD AS MINE!!!!!!!
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 4:32am On Oct 06, 2012
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by BijiAgam(f): 4:37am On Oct 06, 2012
people should repent cos God's wrath will come down on the children of disobedience. what a WORLD!
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by chreldb(m): 4:40am On Oct 06, 2012
What if these boys were not really robbers? where is the proof that they were? even if they were what happened to rehabilitation and second chances? Nobody is perfect I believe that crime should be punished according to its gravity but suspects should be given a chance to proove their innocence. But who am I kidding how can I communicate this with the average subhuman illiterate Nigerian who literally is just a little bit more intelligent than an Ape but does not know it (PS I am not generalizing). Question to me is if these boys were apprehended by their fellow students or educated people what is the likelyhood that they will be killed like that? Jungle justice cannot be justified no matter what! and anybody that supports it is unknowingly telling itself it rather lives in the jungle with animals rather than coexist with human beings. If you support jungle justice then you are an animal and belong in the "jungle" and thus a danger to your lookalike human counterparts.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by anyaekekehinde(m): 4:55am On Oct 06, 2012
obadiah777: actually you clean from the bottom up because out of the bottom comes the top

i think u have a naturally low IQ, my dear u will be a terrible failure if u take d aptitude test of most multinational company. U have such a daft and illogical mind.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 5:07am On Oct 06, 2012
chreld_b: What if these boys were not really robbers? where is the proof that they were? even if they were what happened to rehabilitation and second chances? Nobody is perfect I believe that crime should be punished according to its gravity but suspects should be given a chance to proove their innocence. But who am I kidding how can I communicate this with the average subhuman illiterate Nigerian who literally is just a little bit more intelligent than an Ape but does not know it (PS I am not generalizing). Question to me is if these boys were apprehended by their fellow students or educated people what is the likelyhood that they will be killed like that? Jungle justice cannot be justified no matter what! and anybody that supports it is unknowingly telling itself it rather lives in the jungle with animals rather than coexist with human beings. If you support jungle justice then you are an animal and belong in the "jungle" and thus a danger to your lookalike human counterparts.

English tongue
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by chreldb(m): 5:28am On Oct 06, 2012
pDude:

English tongue

Judging from your comments your reaction does not suprise me.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by playahP(m): 6:00am On Oct 06, 2012
Jdjd

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by odumchi: 6:05am On Oct 06, 2012
Uwa wu popo.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 6:07am On Oct 06, 2012
playah P: Okay I promised to keep yall posted on situations even though I'm having second thoughts about it.

I heard One of the so called "vigilante" was discreetly brought in as at 2.45am today for thorough questioning!!...

I don't know if it would be wise to say his name but all the same; I heard he is really helping out with the adress of other vigilante members!!!

Since jungle justice is the order of the day, I guess the trend would keep going on till all the people involved (even remotely) are made to face their own "justice"...

I haven't slept all night!!
Nobody is happy but I hope rational decisions would be taken.

Thanks for the update bruv. Also please try to get some sleep. We must see the end of this matter.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by pheesayor(m): 6:20am On Oct 06, 2012
i remmmber that incident
berem: if you are living in block of flats then you might not experience robbery attack.festac town has been my hood for close to 30yrs before I moved out 4yrs ago.the first time I witnessed a robbery incident was in october 18,2004 when dare devil armed robbers invaded the popular Bereau De Change at 207 road beside the mosque! No be small thing o! The whole of 22road,512road,207road and 511 road were under seige! I remembered me and my siblings peeping thru the window and we saw the armed robbers inside a white mercedes V boot,some came out thru the door driving with speed after robbing successfully.I thought I was watching a nollywood movie! Festac Town has has its glory I tell ya!
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by killuminati(m): 6:20am On Oct 06, 2012
Na wao! Dis is so sad...this is extra judicial!
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:31am On Oct 06, 2012
How could student be burnt to death on Universty Premises? Nothing one won't hear from Nigeria. The height of lawlessness.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by AroOkigbo(m): 6:32am On Oct 06, 2012
And just because they were "christains" means they won't be rewarded with 72 virgins!
This life is unfair!!
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Etumgbe(m): 6:42am On Oct 06, 2012
The students did well b4 nigeria police and court go grant them bail. Greatest nigerian studentttttttttttttt
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by mskata(m): 6:45am On Oct 06, 2012
CANNIBALS!!!!
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by rash47(m): 6:48am On Oct 06, 2012
Hmmmmmmm, too bad
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Goldieluks: 6:48am On Oct 06, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

What a savage country.

Me too, am beginning to think twice about going to that barbaric country. nansense!
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by temitemi1(m): 6:54am On Oct 06, 2012
They deserve wat they got
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Goldieluks: 6:57am On Oct 06, 2012
playah P: Okay I promised to keep yall posted on situations even though I'm having second thoughts about it.

I heard One of the so called "vigilante" was discreetly brought in as at 2.45am today for thorough questioning!!...

I don't know if it would be wise to say his name but all the same; I heard he is really helping out with the adress of other vigilante members!!!

Since jungle justice is the order of the day, I guess the trend would keep going on till all the people involved (even remotely) are made to face their own "justice"...

I haven't slept all night!!
Nobody is happy but I hope rational decisions would be taken.

This thing really got to me to the extent that I woke up in the middle of the night, and the first picture I saw was that of the dead boys.
Mehn...e no go better for those vigilantes, they must surely meet their waterloo soon.

Keep us posted pls.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Beync(f): 6:57am On Oct 06, 2012
Ji_sun_pack:

@Bold, I thought as much, only "these" people can do anything for money.

http://lindaikeji..co.uk/2012/10/3-uniport-students-burnt-alive-for.html?m=1
waste of spe*m, bigot
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by ichidodo: 7:00am On Oct 06, 2012
Goldieluks:

Me too, am beginning to think twice about going to that barbaric country. nansense!
WHAT BARBARIC COUNTRY? YER PAPA AND MAMA FOLLOW 4 BARBARIC COUNTRY. YER ANCESTORS CUME FROM DAT BARBARIC COUNTRY. WETIN U CAM B?! U B BARBARIC! SHIOR! GOOD RIDANCE TO BARBARIC NANSENSE.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 06, 2012
ichidodo: WHAT BARBARIC COUNTRY? YER PAPA AND MAMA FOLLOW 4 BARBARIC COUNTRY. YER ANCESTORS CUME FROM DAT BARBARIC COUNTRY. WETIN U CAM B?! U B BARBARIC! SHIOR! GOOD RIDANCE TO BARBARIC NANSENSE.
Omo, you be f00l o. Yes, they are part of a barbaric country. How else can you define a country where such brutality and callousness is applauded? That one comes from a barbaric country does not make him/her barbaric. Shebi you're the smart one? you should know what barbaric means...id10t!!!

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by sarutobie(m): 7:02am On Oct 06, 2012
Lawless nation with barbaric people..he who is without sin should cast the first stone..to think that men and women were confortably looking as these boys were stripped naked,beating and burnt!.They drench the land in blood in broad daylight and call it 'jungle justice'..and expect peace and progress in the land? Hypocrites! There can never be peace and progress in a jungle..the thought of the onlookers and nairalanders who supported these killings going to church on sunday to ask for favour and forgivenss..these muredered young lads would have cried and begged for mercy but the hearts of men have turned cold with hate.do not be decieved! We will give account for every thought,action and speech we make on this earth.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by jude33084(m): 7:02am On Oct 06, 2012
Henry40: Where are the other facebook profiles??

From the ones I've seen, I can say, CULTIST - PROBABLY, ROBBERS - NOT SO SURE!!

If it turns out that they're robbers, I have no sympathy for them. But if it turns out that they're cultists I say R.I.P!!

People have various reasons for joining confraternities in Universities, but for most, it's just a phase in their lives and not a definition of who they are.
If they were just cultists, then I wish justice for them, and may their blood continue to plead with the heavens for it.

Cultist are cold blooded killers; all of them I say. It is either Ɣ☺Ʊ U̶̲̅ take part in τhe planing or Ɣ☺Ʊ are among τhe hitmen

Τhe comm was suppose to cut off something from their body after beating them aŋԂ let them go undecided
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Wadosky(m): 7:04am On Oct 06, 2012
LOOT BUT DON'T GET CAUGHT
You know urselves,
These boys are from average families,
They were only sent to prove themselves
Say no to CULTISM
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Goldieluks: 7:11am On Oct 06, 2012
ichidodo: WHAT BARBARIC COUNTRY? YER PAPA AND MAMA FOLLOW 4 BARBARIC COUNTRY. YER ANCESTORS CUME FROM DAT BARBARIC COUNTRY. WETIN U CAM B?! U B BARBARIC! SHIOR! GOOD RIDANCE TO BARBARIC NANSENSE.

Shut your c.unt trap you barbaric he-calve. What if yar papa and mama are from that country?? Does it mean that they don't shouldn't know right from wrong?? Does it mean that they should be ignorant and start behaving like animals?? Continue your barbaric act, but put it in mind that 'he who kills by the sword?? Must what?? Complete that statement you barbaric imbe.cile!

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by zeefever: 7:11am On Oct 06, 2012
The fact that these boys were thieves/cultists and that our law enforcement agencies are no good doesn't make jungle justice right.Sometimes,some innocent people are in the wrong place at the wrong time & get caught up in the mob action.It is better for ten guilty men to go free than for one innocent man to be wrongly punished.
jude33084:

AŋԂ most mothers will scream aŋԂ tell you Ŧħåϯ " ♍♈ son is not ∂ thief or cultist" as if they are always with them

These guys where cultist ßŮϯ roten ones who turn Ť☺ robbers sad

I hope some of them are nt innocent sha undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (52) (Reply)

Stain Lace: I Was Robbed In My House In Akwa Ibom During Lockdown (Graphic Pics) / Cult Leader, Jboy, Killed In Cross River (Photos) / Gang Rape In Enugu Secondary Schools: JSS Students Initiated Into Viron Queens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.