Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,171 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment (12371 Views)

Reasons Why Guys Nigerian Dump Ladies After Getting Under Their Skirts / Why Guys Avoid Pretty Ladies / Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by BlackOyinbo: 4:08pm On Oct 06, 2012
This post is very true...now waiting for a babe to start a thread on why girls love sugar daddies.
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 06, 2012
Myne White: Remember, not everyone is like that.

http://www.mynewhitmanwrites.com/2011/09/are-there-husbands-and-wives-in-nigeria.html

Are people getting married everyday in Nigeria? Yes.

The truth is some guys that scared of commitment need to work on themselves first.

why do they need to work on themselves when many of them are happy just the way they are?
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by Orikinla(m): 4:48pm On Oct 06, 2012
I am guilty of all, except the chores part.
I love sharing chores.
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by Rooneyboy(m): 4:51pm On Oct 06, 2012
Poster this is so true, no guy in his right senses wants anybody following him bumper to bumper all because of relationship .
Its so annoying I swear.
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by Rooneyboy(m): 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2012
Poster this is so true, no guy in his right senses wants anybody following him bumper to bumper all because of relationship .
Its so annoying I swear.
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by Lawconfessor(f): 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2012
carefreewannabe:

why do they need to work on themselves when many of them are happy just the way they are?

Damn it, Happy indeed!! Y wont them work on Themselves? "THE POLYGAMOUS NATURE OF MOST MEN IS SOMFIN ELSE" Mtchwwwwwww.
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 06, 2012
carefreewannabe:

and again they see married ones in graves already.
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2012
Law-confessor:

Damn it, Happy indeed!! Y wont them work on Themselves? "THE POLYGAMOUS NATURE OF MOST MEN IS SOMFIN ELSE" Mtchwwwwwww.

why do u want walaha with one, when u can get seex regularly without sharing ur wealth by force?...unless there is a sick compulsion.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by gbengalite(m): 5:40pm On Oct 06, 2012
On Point
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by claremont(m): 5:44pm On Oct 06, 2012
Most guys would be very happy to live a single life till they die, the only reason some guys choose to eventually marry is because marriage is part and parcel of the culture they were brought up in.

What really is the point of getting married when 99.9% of the perceived benefits of marriage can be derived outside marriage?! I would rather prefer to be in a stable long-term relationship than undertake a needless risk all in the name of fulfilling cultural obligations. Unfortunately, there are not many Nigerian ladies in Nigeria who would also prefer a long-term partnership rather than marriage, most (if not all) are still trapped in the cultural matrix.

We should also get rid of this foul mentality that marriage is the key to happiness, because it is NOT. I'm yet to meet a guy who prefers a single type of food as compared to exploring varieties of food.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by shruuh: 5:46pm On Oct 06, 2012
acidtalk: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment.

* A guy love his freedom to the fullest and he doesn't always want to be accountable and always explain his every move and activities. Ladies known to be generally domineering always try to control their partners (knowingly and unknowling).

* Guys easily get bored doing the same routine over and over. While the schedules of ladies are some worth predictable. A guy doesn't always be told to sit forcefully and watch E!, Style or African Magic with his girlfriend, help her in the kitchen or go and sit with her at the saloon while she does her hair. A guy would rather doze off instead of caught repeating the same routine over and over.

* Guys don't always want to be obliged to carry out some certain responsibilities for a particular girl. They love being adventurous with different personalities. Doing the same lovy-dovy tricks might just be sickening to a guy.

* Guys love their privacy at all times. This traits in a guy is what so many ladies have failed to realize. A Guy doesn't want a lady feel she owns him to the extent of checking his phone, tablet, laptop, wallet and pocket. A guy want to throw his phones and other gadgets around without a snooping hand and eye trying to find incriminating items on him to nail him as a cheat.

* Fear of loss of freedom is one of the major reasons why most guys don't want to commit. A guy wants to hangout with his friends at whatever time of the day without being called by a lady to come home early because theirs no fuel in the gen or cooking gas. Guys are totally freedom craving species.

* Guys are dependent species who always want someone to do their laundary, cooking, cleaning for them and they are scared of losing such privilege when they finall settle down with a partner as they will now have someone (people) dependent on them.

* Guys are careless, stubborn and forgetful. They always avoid being corrected on every single mistake they do and as such avoid a partner who they think has some dominering traits.
well researched
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2012
@op this is just a stereotype male dysfunction.. Men have ambitions and if marriage is not one of them, scratch it.. Most men are broke arses though and have the decency to avoid marriage so they don't drag a poor innocent, desperate woman along with them
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 06, 2012
stuupidity and immaturity.
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by talkingfingers: 6:33pm On Oct 06, 2012
vb0mb: Good write up but generalization is a falacy.

If only people would learn to speak for themselves, or to make room for dissenters at least.
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by ohisola(f): 6:35pm On Oct 06, 2012
carefreewannabe:

not only lazy and / or poor women have sex before marriage. and material things like blackberries, ipads etc are not the only reason why women have sex with men.
women are very different. also hard working and rich women can be promiscious. there are different reasons why women stopped waiting to have sex after marriage. however, it's not only women who play a part in this. guys don't mind to sleep with prostitutes. at the end f the day: society's values changed. on both sides, the male and the female side. it's up to you if you label tis development good or bad wink
u я̲̣̥ so correct. And also d need 2 preserve their relationships has made many girls continue in dis. As d guys wil easily get it fr a whole lot of other girls outside.
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by KINGwax(m): 6:49pm On Oct 06, 2012

* A guy love his freedom....

* Guys easily get bored doing the same routine over and over. While the schedules of ladies are some worth predictable. A guy doesn't want to be told to sit forcefully and watch E!....orhelp her in the kitchen

* Guys don't always want to be obliged to carry out some certain responsibilities for a particular girl. They love being adventurous with different personalities. Doing the same lovy-dovy tricks might just be sickening to a guy.

* Guys love their privacy at all times.....

* Fear of loss of freedom....Guys are totally freedom craving species.

* Guys are dependent species who always want someone to do their laundary, cooking, cleaning for them and they are scared of losing such privilege when they finall settle down with a partner as they will now have someone (people) dependent on them.

* Guys are careless, stubborn and forgetful. They always avoid being corrected....and avoid a partner who they think has some dominering traits.
This acidtalk of a guy is alwys whack in intelligency. I knw dt, it's jes being confirmed!
Whenever he copies from another site, his post is so reasonable, but when he tries to do it on his own, he exposes his foolishness.
Why are most of the points just saying the same thing? Fuckin wallydrag!
And for the record, your fallacy is nothin but stupidism. Who says guys don't wanna be committed. When they finally fall in love, guys are the most committed to either their girl or family. Guy go jump into flood jare. Shebi na kogi u dey self?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by dukesmith(m): 7:04pm On Oct 06, 2012
ferdiii:

and again they see married ones in graves already.

Naaa boy! Been married for 7yrs and still very happy... Grow up boy
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by Lawconfessor(f): 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2012
@duke smith plssss tell him. Sweet, Caring & a faithful partner is d BEST Thing dat can happen to any gud man

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by DDNICE: 7:58pm On Oct 06, 2012
Wow! I feel so relieved with these explanations on guys views about commitments. Before now I had thought I was unusual having those fears about commitments. Now I know its inherent in men like me.
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by ichidodo: 8:01pm On Oct 06, 2012
CURRENTLY IN A BITTER ROW WIT MY GF WHO THINKS SHE 'OWNS' ME. I WANNA B FREE!
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by Mynd44: 8:09pm On Oct 06, 2012
^^
Some girl is about to get dumped
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 06, 2012
This SPACE is For SALE
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by folystory: 9:00pm On Oct 06, 2012
carefreewannabe: may I add one more reason though I'm a woman?

sex is for free nowadays. men don't have to marry to have sex.

That's true. Guys like free sex without commitment. Awuf!
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by farvee: 9:55pm On Oct 06, 2012
NIGERIAN COMMENTARY; A TYPICAL DAY.
7:16am- Lagos; Emeka is already 50 minutes into a 2hour journey to Lekki for his N75,000 a month job, at Mile 2 he boards a BRT bus to Obalende, distraught and frustrated but having no choice. He wakes up 4am everyday to arrive at work before the office time of 8am, a masters Degree holder of electronics engineering who just got his first ID card job, 7 years of after graduation. He works as a supervisor from 8am to 6pm and makes a 2 hour journey back to Igando arriving home at 11-12pm and as it is 9th of the next month with salary just being paid he takes a mental calculation of his bills and debt, N5,000 for his Phcn bill, N14,00 to his surviving parent, his mother who is struck with arthritis , N9,000 to his sister for final year project at school, he has to purchase rice, beans and importantly garri, he is in debt to his recharge card dealer and Iya at the compound gate who sells groceries, he spends 680 everyday for transport. As he mentally spends his salary he is more saddled with the fact that he will be down to less than N10,000 when he gets the alert of his monthly wage and it will be 27 days to the next pay day, another borrowing to survive hence a vicious circle, at 36 he shed a tear, looking over the bus on the traffic, folks in good cars, some his age grade and the blaring sirens , his shoe is worn out, his clothes are old, the tear drops and he wonders why he has been morally upright, a forced celibate, attends church, he hatches up a plan to make up for lost time, the company and society would pay, another good Nigerian being lost to other plundering side.
8:25-John is just waking up from sleep at Choba , he has a class by 9am, he had read for 2hours during the nights, a 400lvl Maths/statistics student at Uniport, 1st of 5 children his dad, a teacher at Federal Government College and a mum who is a nurse, with 5 grown up kids each and everyone has to make do with the barest minimum, he shares a room with 3 others boys, he stares at his clock-8:38, he has 10mins to bath and walk down to choba campus then take a bus to Abuja campus for his class at 10am, he walks down of course without breakfast with thoughts of his life, wondering what his life will be like after graduation, he constantly reads and fully aware there are no jobs, staring at him every day is the inequality and unfairness that pervades the society .
He gets to Abuja campus and takes the few minutes’ walk to class with female students looking flashy and some of his classmates horning and blaring sounds away, with unsavory remarks on how they made their money, he has had to learn how to overlook then and believing in God’s time but again he knows the value of money as he is co-owner of a laundry and as such blended in a little, he asks himself again, how would life been in 5 months time, when he graduates? .He has been fighting this tempting urge to join the bandwagon of the many vices plaguing our youths, he wonders at his post-grad years and decides he will just see how his mates buys cars.
10:05- Winifred wakes up at a 5 star hotel in Abuja, a graduate of a private university, she is currently engaged in the National youth corps service, a fair skinned beauty whose dad is a senior NNPC staff at the Lagos office and a mum who is the area manager of a bank, strict parents that gave their all to their kids especially Winifred, the best of life; good education, holidays in Europe, good clothes and even paid for a town accommodation in Wuse, Abuja but she wanted more.
The elderly man in the room, her father’s long time friend, he drops the $1,000 and leaves for his meeting at the 10th floor, she rolls over and order room service while she mentally spends the money, she reaches for her BB and put a call thro ugh to her cabman to be at the hotel by 11am then she plots her next scheme which is to have a car 6 months into her service year, she will either need a contract from her father’s friend or he directly pays for the car, she is aware of the nature of the meeting he went for , a contracts one, a N9 million won’t be bad, she smiles at her idea saying” am not even greedy “ , a morally bankrupt society.
11:28 Ibrahim just got to work, he is a senior civil servant, time is of no consequence he has spent 10 years in the civil service he has seen it all and learned the ropes effectively, as he swaggers into his office, the office assistant runs to open his personal office “something must happen today”, he mutters out and the office assistant smiles knowingly because it’s going to trickle down.
He has been put in charge to make sure the refurbishment of the agency’s office meets December deadline as he settles down, he tries to remember all the trusted people he knows who sells the required the required things or if he should just call up his cousin to directly supply the contractor, he smiles as the contractor opens his door “ah my brother, it’s going to be a good day”.
3:00pm- Pa Nuhu left Jalingo,Taraba state, 10 hours ago for yet again pensions verification committee, he retired 8 years ago, as his bus approaches Abuja his thought drifts through memory lane, he could still remember as a 29 year old, newly employed by the government, the national anthem and the pledge, a creed he adhered to, he stuck to the core of the teachings of Islam, how one should be just and lead a selfless life, he thought about how he refuse to be part of the corrupt crew in his office, he wonders how his former colleague was able to fund and owe the very Transport line that was conveying him now, the more he ponders he prays and wishes for a far more better life for his 6 children, all of whom are grown now, his daughter patiently waiting at the park, sometimes he feels regret but there is a soothing relief from the teaches and promises of the prophet, he had led a Spartan life, he wished things were different, the journey still same, same poor villages, bad roads, he knows power comes from God and wishes President Jonathan, Goodluck.
6:16- Taiwo is returning home from his 9 hours day a day job, he will get home in about 2 hours then, it is a constant routine as the Karu traffic is a bad ritual for him, he wonders if he had taken the right career, at 39 married with 3 kids, his thoughts run through the litany of issues plaguing society and the skyrocketing price of things, his PHCN bills, foods, school fees and rent, he could barely get by his N184, 000 ,as traffic gets jammed he rest his head on the thinking about his responsibilities, his parents, wife, siblings, in-laws, the downsizing by his bank.
There is blaring of sounds from behind as the traffic eases a little, Taiwo seems to have fallen asleep, the horn blaring increases but no response from the passenger, a street hawker goes to tap him, alarm is raised and there is pandemonium, he his rushed to a hospital and promised dead on arrival.
To be continued.
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by farvee: 9:58pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ooops,how do i creat a thread
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by Mynd44: 10:24pm On Oct 06, 2012
farvee: Ooops,how do i creat a thread
Ask Google.
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by acidtalk: 11:20pm On Oct 06, 2012
Mynd_44:
Ask Google.

Its not fair.
Teach am now.
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by Obinoscopy(m): 11:36pm On Oct 06, 2012
carefreewannabe: I think I hit the nail grin

guys, I'm starting to understand you more and more.

so what are we women gonna do? should do? start to think the same way?

and if we do, what will happen to family life and children?

Na, you ladies should still be the way you are. Our contrasting attributes is what attracts us to each other. Remember elementary physics: "like poles repel, unlike poles attract"
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by 190: 12:20am On Oct 07, 2012
acidtalk:

Guy, you be monkey.
I think I should come up with a title "possible reasons why 7 girls keep chasing 190".
Those girls must sure be on crack.

You know if your sister Join the lucky 7 undecided
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by Michky: 12:20am On Oct 07, 2012

* A guy love his freedom to the fullest and he doesn't always want to be accountable and always explain his every move and activities. Ladies known to be generally domineering always try to control their partners (knowingly and unknowling).

* Guys easily get bored doing the same routine over and over. While the schedules of ladies are some worth predictable. A guy doesn't always be told to sit forcefully and watch E!, Style or African Magic with his girlfriend, help her in the kitchen or go and sit with her at the saloon while she does her hair. A guy would rather doze off instead of caught repeating the same routine over and over.

* Guys love their privacy at all times. This traits in a guy is what so many ladies have failed to realize. A Guy doesn't want a lady feel she owns him to the extent of checking his phone, tablet, laptop, wallet and pocket. A guy want to throw his phones and other gadgets around without a snooping hand and eye trying to find incriminating items on him to nail him as a cheat.

* Fear of loss of freedom is one of the major reasons why most guys don't want to commit. A guy wants to hangout with his friends at whatever time of the day without being called by a lady to come home early because theirs no fuel in the gen or cooking gas. Guys are totally freedom craving species.

* Guys are careless, stubborn and forgetful. They always avoid being corrected on every single mistake they do and as such avoid a partner who they think has some dominering traits.
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by acidtalk: 12:34am On Oct 07, 2012
190:

You know if your sister Join the lucky 7 undecided

Tah! Mechionu there!!!
My sisters (if weren't yet married) will rather date Osama, Ghadaffi and Sadam than dating you.
Re: Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment by JANK23H(m): 12:36am On Oct 07, 2012
AmBeautiful: I disagree

That one concern you na.Are you a man?.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Type Of Woman Every Man Thirst For... / "Heard Boobs Milk Cure Corona Virus"very Busty Lagos Lady Shares Her Boobs Photo / Watch The Moment Okadaman Gains Huge Erection After Dropping Off Slayquen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.