Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,522 members, 7,958,590 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:16 PM

Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC (20882 Views)

Gov. Wike, Amaechi In Fresh War / Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit / Tinubu & Fashola In Fresh War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by ikeyman00(m): 10:23am On Oct 07, 2012
@@@@@
shymex

You guys need to defuse this madness before it consumes everyone... It was a war, and you're allowed to use everything at your dispos

u ve shown enuogh zeal here and always demonstrate how u want us as black people rise to living well

but u failed to know that we will never get there by telling lies im afraid

looks like u are shying away from the truth

However,Achebe’s kinsmen in Ogidi, Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State, saw nothing wrong in what he said.

Dr Phillip Atanmuo a native of Ogidi and Chairman of Ohaneze Ndigbo in the state, said: “Truth is always bitter and that sums up my reaction’’.

Dr Atanmuo demanded that Nigerians face the reality of how things are and stop wiping up tribal sentiment at any slightest opportunity, retorting that those wiping up the sentiment were just striving to paint Ndigbo black.

‘’Until there is fairness , equity, justice and love for one another, Nigeria would remain down but once these virtues are propagated, healthy competition will creep in because all the best brains in the world are from Nigeria. Go to Europe and you will discover that the best brains there are from Nigeria – the most brilliant people all over the world, yet nothing is happening here because of tribalism and unnecessary bickering and antagonisms,” he said

what are they afraid of ? their fellow human? lipsrsealed
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by Drunk: 10:24am On Oct 07, 2012
Did Ojukwu ever make known his true motives for wanting to cede from Nigeria and the reason for going to war with his country? At the peak of the suicide mission genocide he started, why did he flee and not die for the 'just' course he charted? To me, he should be held responsible for being selfish and self serving in promoting his vague agenda and criminal thirst for power that put those naive soldiers at risk or took them to their early grave. Some of the soldiers need not bother asking questions on the purpose of the then war but was only obeying orders. Why did Ojukwu himself not release the memoirs? I respect Achebe so much not to insult him but I feel he's bias in his view and opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by CyberG: 10:30am On Oct 07, 2012
pazienza:

You are not making any sense, you talk about soldiers,tell me,who were the soldiers.
My uncles joined the biafra army when it was obvious that they were going to be killed by the egyptian mercenaries air rades which were been directed at peoples homes,and market places. People joined the army to save their families from the vicious nigerian land army and egyptian airstrike mercenaries that was intent on exterminating the igbo race. Didnt adekunle openly tell the world that they shoot at 'anything that moves'. My mother has lived throughout her life with the trauma of haven seen an airstrike that was directed towards a market place tear her best friend into pieces of meat,she saw many family members and friends die in that market that day. How do you expect her to show love for this country,or even raise children that would love this country? Most igbo people still bear the scars of the biafran war,to most of us,the war was a war of survival.

Nigeria cannot just wish away the biafra question,they might have refused to teach about it in schools,but in most igbo homes,the pictures tell us the stories. Achebe is doing nigeria a favour bringing this issue to the fore.

Iboz should have thought about these BEFORE causing war not after! Actions carry consequences and this is the truth iboz cannot run from. Today, iboz are stoking another war thinking that his wrong will correct a previous wrong it they are very wrong. If you start another war NOW, like Germany WW 2, you will lose, more millions of iboz willbe killed. War is not a solution for war is never won really. Stop insulting other Nigerians, in the north or south, east or west. Your empty arrogance and rhetoric will cause you more losses. Note that in history, the boastful, arrogant, unthinking side has always lost in WAR.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by ikeyman00(m): 10:32am On Oct 07, 2012
boz should have thought about these BEFORE causing war not after! Actions carry consequences and this is the truth iboz cannot run from. Today, iboz are stoking another war thinking that his wrong will correct a previous wrong it they are very wrong. If you start another war NOW, like Germany WW 2, you will lose, more millions of iboz willbe killed. War is not a solution for war is never won really. Stop insulting other Nigerians, in the north or south, east or west. Your empty arrogance and rhetoric will cause you more losses. Note that in history, the boastful, arrogant, unthinking side has always lost in WAR.

^^^ my friend ur s tuidness will never transcind to consolation

i can only hope when death calls up ahaha it wouldnt be mistaken for solace

in nl i ve come to see garri crew

and also solace crew which u belong to

ewu hausa

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by webcalculator(m): 10:34am On Oct 07, 2012
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by aryzgreat: 10:35am On Oct 07, 2012
onomeasike: I believe that those [b]Biafran soldiers and the descendants of those biafran soldiers who ambushed and steal food meant for the vulnerable group [/b]are still alive.knowing the psychology of an average uniformed man even in present day nigeria,those women and children would have been derided as 'bloody civilians' who dont need the food as much as they the soldiers do.They must have been feeling wise in their eyes everytime they loot the food meant for the children.Those igbos who participated in these dastardly act should take the blame,they should apologise for stealing food meant for their wives and children.
What beats my imagination is how a war can be won by just 2 simple policies-
1)change the currency and
2) stop food from reaching the soldiers shocked shocked shocked

how ojukwu(despite his oxford education in history and military trainning) and his war advisers failed to pre-empt this baffles me shocked shocked

incidentally,just like Osama was trained in america and later attacked americans,achebe was trained in yorubaland and even during the war,was residing in yorubaland enjoying the hospitality of the yoruba he is attacking today.
achebe hopes to make a great fortune from the sale of his book despite it would be pirated by some igbo boys,he smiles to the bank.he will be remembered as a (con)artist,an invalid cripple reference who became a bilionaire in his 80's selling falsehood and acrimony.If he would be given a state burial like ojukwu is better left to be imagined.I feel sad that achebe did not see anything wrong in the conduct of those savage biafran soldiers hijacking food meant for children.

u are a bastard, and awolowo who started this lie is a graeter bastard! the boldened is d lies a satan like awolowo used to suppress his worried concience, he knew he was worried within him and to cover up this heinous crime against humanity, the devil with tribal marks brought up the lies that soldiers were hijacking food.

Please read page 109 of "Nigerian Revolution and Biafran War by Major-General Alexander Madiebo, it stated how the "Food Directorate" was ran during the war. The civillian women and children were considered first before any other person. Farms were destroyed by the attacking Nigeria soldiers and there were no time to wait and harvest crops cos civilian population were moving as some town fell and come back when the towns are re-captured back by Biafrans. Russian jets driven by egyptian pilots were shelling farmers and markets killing unarmed civillians.

Awolowo and Gowon should tell us why Caritas relief material carrying plane was shot down as it tried to deliver milk ration donated by the catholic church to the Biafran civillians?

U can continue ur lies but we can NEVER forget the genocide committed on Biafra land and dis will surely drive every true igbo son to rise up to d challenge and strike hard on ur enemies when the time for revenge comes.

No JUSTICE! No PEACE! No PROGRESS! Nigeria should continue living in lies!

5 Likes

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by Drunk: 10:40am On Oct 07, 2012
pazienza:

You are not making any sense, you talk about soldiers,tell me,who were the soldiers.
My uncles joined the biafra army when it was obvious that they were going to be killed by the egyptian mercenaries air rades which were been directed at peoples homes,and market places. People joined the army to save their families from the vicious nigerian land army and egyptian airstrike mercenaries that was intent on exterminating the igbo race. Didnt adekunle openly tell the world that they shoot at 'anything that moves'. My mother has lived throughout her life with the trauma of haven seen an airstrike that was directed towards a market place tear her best friend into pieces of meat,she saw many family members and friends die in that market that day. How do you expect her to show love for this country,or even raise children that would love this country? Most igbo people still bear the scars of the biafran war,to most of us,the war was a war of survival.

Nigeria cannot just wish away the biafra question,they might have refused to teach about it in schools,but in most igbo homes,the pictures tell us the stories. Achebe is doing nigeria a favour bringing this issue to the fore.

I beg to state you can't establish any meaningful point. Just how old it that your mum that is still traumatized? Please state facts and not make fictions here? You were told stories from one man's view of the situation.
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by jamp: 10:40am On Oct 07, 2012
One day the ibo nation will be free. It will only take time 5yrs, 10yrs,50yrs but surely it will happen. Isha allah

3 Likes

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by aryzgreat: 10:45am On Oct 07, 2012
kodewrita: If awolowo hated you so much then why did he ensure that houses of the Igbos in lagos and other realestate were not collected from them. In one case, rent was even collected on behalf of the owners and handed over when the war ended.

If awolowo hated you so much then why did he give the ACB(main bank for Igbo traders in the 70s) 3.5million pounds to restart so that Igbo traders could have access to funds.

If awolowo hated you so much then why did he save all funds that accrued to the South Eastern states during the course of the war and ensured that the cash was handed over to them once the war ended. This subvention was at the rate of 990000pounds per month calculated for every month of the war.

If awolowo hated you so much then why did he fund the Cooperative Bank of Eastern Nigeria as a way to help rehabilitate the eastern states.

If awolowo hated you so much then why did he ensure that Igbos with proven accounts got their money back from the different banks. The only losers were the ones who had withdrawn their money and converted them to biafran notes. their cash was essentially worthless.

F00l! u were quick to buy awolowo's lies, please tell me why ojukwu went to court over Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu's properties scattered in Lagos dat were hijacked by Lagos? Ojukwu went to court over his father's properties ur lazy a55hole fathers wanted to take over and he won!

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by mkoabiola: 10:45am On Oct 07, 2012
What has Achebe achieved or done, for d ibo race apart from "things fall apart" mtchewwwwww

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by gbadexy(m): 10:47am On Oct 07, 2012
ilugunboy: I hope eventually this doesn't get into the public domain that may eventually boil over into full scale animosity.
That is achebe's intention.
The ibos already feel that way, and a respected scholar like achebe voicing it too would validate it and ensure lasting animosity.
He is the only loser, ibos have already felt that way, yorubas are used to such talks, although the ibos would now continue their hatred with a renewed zeal as achebe is well respected while the yorubas who like is previous works would lose respect for him.
The man has never given constructive advice to nigeria, he rather blames. I don't suppose he is expecting a national burial, but I suppose his people would honour him.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by Slizbeat(m): 10:47am On Oct 07, 2012
I hate commenting on this kinds of threads buh all I know is that Nigeria is a country infested with HIV/AIDS and is meant to die someday except God the healer of all Viruses eliminates it and that can only happen when those guilty would accept the truth and stop living in lies an deceit, till then my mouth is shut. If it could spark another war, then so be it. The lives of over 2million biafrans lost would speak for the innocent and they shall be vindicated. Peace be unto isreal and the innocent, the igbos and those who acknowledge the truths in life.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by abouzaid: 10:47am On Oct 07, 2012
Awo even claimed in the interview that they were sending food through d red cross and caritas. The source of d materials are well known, it was from biafra friends abroad especially d american red cross and d catholic church. Caritas was exclusively owned by d catholic church. That interview was just awo begging for igbo votes. Wole soyinka was imprisoned for yrs for opposing what he saw as an unjust war. Relax soyinka might soon release his review or memoir to describe awo for what he was.

3 Likes

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by CyberG: 10:51am On Oct 07, 2012
ikeyman00:

^^^ my friend ur s tuidness will never transcind to consolation

i can only hope when death calls up ahaha it wouldnt be mistaken for solace

in nl i ve come to see garri crew

and also solace crew which u belong to

ewu hausa

You make no sense. Why the abuse? I spoke the truth more than A.s.s-hebe and it makes you mad? The truth that can never be covered is the war was a big ibo mistake and a stupid gamble and you were soundly beaten. Deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by Parnassuss(m): 10:52am On Oct 07, 2012
shymexx: You guys need to defuse this madness before it consumes everyone... It was a war, and you're allowed to use everything at your disposal... Achebe is an elder statesman and he should know better than to exacerbate a bitter past in Nigerian history maliciously in a way that might end up consuming generations unborn... Perhaps, he's trying to show his bitter hatred for the late sage... However, why now? And why the sensational rhetoric and the revisionist agenda?? Every student of Nigerian history knows the truth, and Awolowo did what he had to do to end the hopeless war - and save the country... I would've done the same thing if I were to be in his shoes... You've to be prepared to go to war - and it's asinine to expect your enemy to feed you during wartime... Fait accompli! - time to move on, and be prepared for war next time...

It's great to talk about history because: "History is a clock people use to tell their historical culture and political time of the day. It's a compass that people use to find themselves on the map of human geography. The history tells them where they have been, where they are and what they are. But most importantly history tells a people where they still must go and what they still must be." However, it becomes problematic when statesmen of Achebe's calibre starts peddling lies and half-truths... Awolowo was power hungry; so was Ojukwu(Achebe's first cousin) who wanted Biafra to himself and other parts of Southern Nigeria; so was Nnamdi Azikwe who wanted to become the premier of the Western region(despite not being from the region) and had to go back to the Eastern region to marginalise the minority groups there; and so was Ahmadu Bello who wanted to sink his Qu'ran in the Atlantic ocean and continue where his ancestors left off... All your founding fathers were power hungry TRIBALISTS... Singling out Awolowo is just stupid IMO!!

I'm going to buy the book... But I hope he also critiqued Ojukwu, Nnamdi Azikwe, Gowon et al with the same venom about the roles they all played in the events that led to the war, their roles during the war, and what they did after the war... Failure to do that would show how bigoted he really is.... And I hope he also included the indiscriminate bombings of Lagos civilians by the Biafrans and their white mercenaries who wrecked havoc on Nigerians - and how Biafran soldiers wanted weapons instead of food...

Where do the Northerners stand in all this madness?? The war was between them and Igbos - how come Igbos are not confronting them Scared much?? undecided undecided undecided

The war was between the North and Igbo? Are you daft, scratch that you are fukken daft! What sort of deluded generalisation is that? Does that mean Yoruba soldiers did not fight in the Nigerian Army? Was Awolowo, the quintessential Yoruba effigy, not heading the starvation council? Dude the war was NIGERIA vs BIAFRA, Nigeria constituting virtually all other tribes save some SE.

Also to all those rejects and fucktards who say "it was war, I would have done the same thing, Awolowo did it for the country" Bleep Y'ALL!!! Do you know what war crimes are, wasn't WWII a war also, didn't people get tried for genocide? Nigeria broke every bloody war time rule (yes, wars have rules) and got away scot free and then complain that those who suffered these crimes bury the hatchet? If anyone shouting at Achebe for rocking the boat has ever posted or said anything against the BH then that person is a common lowlife and hypocrite. I was against Achebe's writing in the first place but I see now the reasons he had for writing it in the first place. Bleep AWOLOWO. Bleep U SHORTSIGHTED DICKTAKERS, DOUBLE Bleep GOWON and Bleep ALL BLIND COMMENTATORS!

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by gbadexy(m): 10:59am On Oct 07, 2012
aryzgreat:

F00l! u were quick to buy awolowo's lies, please tell me why ojukwu went to court over Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu's properties scattered in Lagos dat were hijacked by Lagos? Ojukwu went to court over his father's properties ur lazy a55hole fathers wanted to take over and he won!
You were to quick to accuse the poster, you are posting emotionally instead of rationally and objectively.
According to the government, ojukwu lead a rebellion against the federal government and he was only given amnesty later by shagari.
You didn't expect him to be treated equally as ordinary civilians with properties in south west. Do you imagine how many court cases would have been if all the easterners had to go to court before getting back their properties?
You people are emotional and aren't being logical in all these issue. Awolowo's explanation on giving people with proof their monies back as most bank documents were burnt and he can't determine genuine claim and the refusal to convert an illegal biafran currency that can not be evaluated back into nigerian currency.

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by aryzgreat: 11:05am On Oct 07, 2012
akinmax: Time past , time and time again,[b]The yorouba nation has been waiting patiently for a reference point to unleash their animosity on this ungrateful people ,who always abuse their hospitality and peacefullness , the cloud is gathering, It may be long, quick or sudden, but I bet you Boko haram strategy to kill will be a child play in comparison to this.If at this time in history of our country , one children book writer is vomiting garbage,what this means is adding more salt to a wound - a trigger effect to already over heated politics.The noting is always true about the Ibo folks, they always look for trouble, anywhere they are, they hate decorum ,its in their DNA.[/b]

Biafra war was Nigeria/britain/Russia/Egypt vs Biafrans and it lasted for 3 years, please bring on the yorubas! unleash ur animosity u wide mouth cowards! please challenge the igbos to war!

Let me remind u dat some years ago ur coward yo-robber brodas on funeral processing passing through ladipo market started breaking nd smashing windscreen of vehicles packed along ladipo road, blaming them for road obstruction, the resultant melee that followed was beter imagined than told. The igbo traders gave them the beating of their life and at the end the corpse and the ambulance carrying it were burnt to ashes and 2 of ur brodas joined the dead corpse to eternity. This happend in ladipo lagos , u may verify. Let me tell u bastard that we are waiting for an opportunity to slug it out with u cowards and dat d-day may not be far. Its a promise!
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by Pontaboki: 11:08am On Oct 07, 2012
Thank God,even in death I know Awolowo will be taken to the Hague one day.Blood suckers.

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by Degis(m): 11:13am On Oct 07, 2012
aryzgreat:

Now, I know the reason for the victim mentality of the Igbo people. How many Igbo people went to Court over their property in the SouthWest?. Was it Awolowo that denied Ojukwu access to his Father's property?. Was it a Yoruba man?. Where was Achebe to advise Ojukwu before embarking on this misadventure? Or I guess Ojukwu or his now supporter in chief Achebe never thought of the unitended consequences of War, which is in this case Abandoned properties especially from a tribe that will never stay in their part of the country because of the small mass of land but will never let their host enjoy peace and quiet due to their domineering attitude.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by CyberG: 11:18am On Oct 07, 2012
Parnassuss:

The war was between the North and Igbo? Are you daft, scratch that you are fukken daft! What sort of deluded generalisation is that? Does that mean Yoruba soldiers did not fight in the Nigerian Army? Was Awolowo, the quintessential Yoruba effigy, not heading the starvation council? Dude the war was NIGERIA vs BIAFRA, Nigeria constituting virtually all other tribes save some SE.

Also to all those rejects and fucktards who say "it was war, I would have done the same thing, Awolowo did it for the country" Bleep Y'ALL!!! Do you know what war crimes are, wasn't WWII a war also, didn't people get tried for genocide? Nigeria broke every bloody war time rule (yes, wars have rules) and got away scot free and then complain that those who suffered these crimes bury the hatchet? If anyone shouting at Achebe for rocking the boat has ever posted or said anything against the BH then that person is a common lowlife and hypocrite. I was against Achebe's writing in the first place but I see now the reasons he had for writing it in the first place. Bleep AWOLOWO. Bleep U SHORTSIGHTED DICKTAKERS, DOUBLE Bleep GOWON and Bleep ALL BLIND COMMENTATORS!

I see you are mad about the whole issue but it is for nothing because ojuku did not think a day like this will come. Achebi is also short sighted and cannot see he is digging a grave for his fellow iboz. You did not read enough about WW 2 I suppose. Did you not know that both Germans and the Allies tried to starve each other of food and weapons? Germany incessantly picked off merchant ships carrying food and supplies to Britain with his U-boats which is an island. In fact, because of British hitherto superiority, the Germans built two battleships and the jewel of the Kriegsmarine: Bismarck and Tripitz. These ships struck fear in the Brits and their goal was to destroy Britain's ability to receive food and supplies from North America via the Atlantic. The Brits did everything to ensure they were not strangulated and sunk the Bismarck in its first sortie in the north Atlantic. Had they failed, Germany would have taken its blockade efforts to a greater level of success. For the allies, in preparation for their Operation Overlord, they bombed oil and supply lines for they German army to strangulated them too. Commander of the RAF Harris was a proponent of carpet bombing at night with each plane carry 18K tons of bombs at night and the Americans destroying Germany's industrial plants and war machine in the day. Point is this, they also tried to starve each other to different levels of success. The genocide trial was for the Jews that were killed by the Nazis in the gas chambers and they were not aggressors unlike iboz who declared secession and are directly responsible for the war.

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by pazienza(m): 11:22am On Oct 07, 2012
You boldly tell me that if you had the chance again,that you would bomb market places full of igbo women and children,and yet you have the gut to talk about 'one nigeria', you guys are joking.

Achebe just gave ndiigbo the greatest gift so ever,by bringing up this issue that every igboman bears in his heart,perhaps those efulefus amongst, aka detribalised igbos, can now guage how the people they are supposed to share the same country with,feels about them.

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by BrutusOj(m): 11:24am On Oct 07, 2012
Sky Blue: Achebe is entitled to his opinions. If the opinions of Achebe are potent enough to trigger war then Nigeria does not deserve to exist as a nation. It seems everything nowadays is capable of triggering war in Nigeria, including any talk of what happened in the past. One of the rather unfortunate things I find about Nigeria is its unwillingness to deal with its past as a nation.

Any child going through the Nigerian educational system might never know that Biafra ever happened or what it really was about. I don't know (and I might be terribly wrong)of any National museums that catalogue what IS our past in that regards. Such things are a bit worrying because they show the signs of a deeply insecure union where many monumental things are left unsaid because 'there will be war'.

It seems everything in Nigeria is capable of triggering war and instability except corruption and nepotism. So the question is this: Can we heal the union without talking about it as a nation? Can we move on without first looking back? And by the way when I mean talk about it, I don't mean the petty little spats that go on on this forum on a daily basis, I mean national discourse. People died on both sides of that war and yes, heavily on the side of the Igbos. As a nation, is ignoring them as if they never existed the sacrifice required to keep Nigeria together? What makes a nation and what makes a union?

We need more understanding of ourselves, because beyond the politics that goes on with the political elite where it seems we are all divided for the benefit of their continued control of the nation, many Nigerians want the same things: a nation where they can feel valued and achieve their potential. What has to give to get that?
well said,I wsh ma grand dad never participated in fighting d igbos,when I grew up to realise how d co North used d midle belt to be precise,Benue to fight d igbos cos of their own selfish interest I felt bad.AREWA,CPC or woteva hates d truth wch has been d major chalenges of Nigeria.I see nothing wrong in knwing what trigered d war,how d war went n how it stopped.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by aryzgreat: 11:24am On Oct 07, 2012
gbadexy:
You were to quick to accuse the poster, you are posting emotionally instead of rationally and objectively.
According to the government, ojukwu lead a rebellion against the federal government and he was only given amnesty later by shagari.
You didn't expect him to be treated equally as ordinary civilians with properties in south west. Do you imagine how many court cases would have been if all the easterners had to go to court before getting back their properties?
You people are emotional and aren't being logical in all these issue. Awolowo's explanation on giving people with proof their monies back as most bank documents were burnt and he can't determine genuine claim and the refusal to convert an illegal biafran currency that can not be evaluated back into nigerian currency.

My friend, go read Ojukwu VS Lagos court ruling! The properties taken were ojukwu father's property! the richest Nigerian before independence. Please did Sir loius odumegwu ojukwu lead any rebellion? d judgement was based on that also. So why didn't awolowo include this seizure in his usual lies to make him look innocent? Read those interview of his with open mind and see the lies staring in you on the face! What happend to the 3Rs dat the govt brought up to re-habilitate the biafrans? Can you tell me categorically that awolowo who spearheded the starvation policy did his best to integrate the biafrans after the war? if yes, tell me the evidence of the 3Rs after the war? Wot i see is dat awolowo was looking for the opportunity to punish the igbos and he got the opportunity and wasted 2million lifes through hunger (mind u he see them as Nigerians, so y starve them?) and after the war when its time to re-habilitate the war victims, he re-signed having accomplished his aim. History can NEVER be hidden, my unborn children will hear this stories, its an indellible mark and d scars is in our heart.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 07, 2012
abouzaid: So awo meant that all the food brought into biafra was consumed by a few thousand soldiers while their own children starve and die? My father joined d army after general muhammed brutally sacked onitsha is what is no brothers war. D americans have listed general muhammed as a war time criminal for genocide since how many decades now and ppl still don't want to accept d truth. Even fela and wole soyinka refused to join d war because it was an unjust war and were jailed for it. So who will write a defence for awolowo? NOBODY. The truth is bitter.
. IT WAS. A WAR. IT WAS. A WAR. IT WAS. A WAR. IT WAS. A WAR
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by GARRIx7(m): 11:32am On Oct 07, 2012
Igbos..... Cry-babies!!!
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by pazienza(m): 11:32am On Oct 07, 2012
Drunk:

I beg to state you can't establish any meaningful point. Just how old it that your mum that is still traumatized? Please state facts and not make fictions here? You were told stories from one man's view of the situation.

The bombing of market places in biafra is a historical fact. That the survivors of such attacks would have suffered psychological/physical trauma is equally a medical fact.
So,what exactly were u talking about?
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by aryzgreat: 11:32am On Oct 07, 2012
Degis:

Now, I know the reason for the victim mentality of the Igbo people. How many Igbo people went to Court over their property in the SouthWest?. Was it Awolowo that denied Ojukwu access to his Father's property?. Was it a Yoruba man?. Where was Achebe to advise Ojukwu before embarking on this misadventure? Or I guess Ojukwu or his now supporter in chief Achebe never thought of the unitended consequences of War, which is in this case Abandoned properties especially from a tribe that will never stay in their part of the country because of the small mass of land but will never let their host enjoy peace and quiet due to their domineering attitude.

The boldened is d only reason awolowo took opportunity to decimate the igbos and biafrans and its still being seen today in lagos, were at any slightest opportunity u yo-robbers claim igbos are domineering. Please domineering in wot aspect? the truth is dat u can't be jack of all trade, ur plan to silence the igbos will NEVER work, rather it motivates us to strive harder knowing that we have many enemies around us. are we domineering in politics? will u also believe u yo-robbers are domineering in civil service and economy? so why the envy on the few area we domineer?

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by reeeT(f): 11:41am On Oct 07, 2012
Achebe's civil war memoir is a clear and vivid explanation of how the war took place accordin to his views and experiences eventhough i hvnt read the book yet.if the south and d north are against his views,d can as well write their own memoir so we can read.wats all d fuss abt d book strtin a fresh war?Nigerians are so sensitive abeg. Biafra war is an obvious fact waitin 4 a perfect time 2explode...nairalanders,stop biting urselves ova Achebe's memoir

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by Mekky2010: 11:42am On Oct 07, 2012
Dr Phillip Atanmuo a native of Ogidi and Chairman of Ohaneze Ndigbo in the state, said: “Truth is always bitter and that sums up my reaction’’.

Nothing to add

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 07, 2012
aryzgreat:

u are a bastard, and awolowo who started this lie is a graeter bastard! the boldened is d lies a satan like awolowo used to suppress his worried concience, he knew he was worried within him and to cover up this heinous crime against humanity, the devil with tribal marks brought up the lies that soldiers were hijacking food.

Please read page 109 of "Nigerian Revolution and Biafran War by Major-General Alexander Madiebo, it stated how the "Food Directorate" was ran during the war. The civillian women and children were considered first before any other person. Farms were destroyed by the attacking Nigeria soldiers and there were no time to wait and harvest crops cos civilian population were moving as some town fell and come back when the towns are re-captured back by Biafrans. Russian jets driven by egyptian pilots were shelling farmers and markets killing unarmed civillians.

Awolowo and Gowon should tell us why Caritas relief material carrying plane was shot down as it tried to deliver milk ration donated by the catholic church to the Biafran civillians?

U can continue ur lies but we can NEVER forget the genocide committed on Biafra land and dis will surely drive every true igbo son to rise up to d challenge and strike hard on ur enemies when the time for revenge comes.

No JUSTICE! No PEACE! No PROGRESS! Nigeria should continue living in lies!
. IT was a WAR
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by ikeyman00(m): 11:49am On Oct 07, 2012
^^^^^ then there isnt no reason ur evil man should not be tried in Hague in this new era

hope u recognise that?

hope u really do!

he deserves some years living behind bar
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by aryzgreat: 11:50am On Oct 07, 2012
Kamanda: . IT was a WAR

It was a war my brother and d war stories must be told undiluted! No need denying the facts as witnessed by the war victims, doing so means u have something to hide. BTW how does civil war memoirs translate to "invitation for fresh war"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Anthony Sani: South Exported Banditry, Kidnapping, Armed Robbery To The North / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 8 Mourners At Burial Of Herdsmen Attack Victims In Benue / Senator Mathew Urhogide Attacked By APC Youths At Benin Airport (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.