Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed (41823 Views)

If You Are Disappointed In Buhari Ministerial List, ...... / Danjuma Azemobo Musa Responds To Achebe's New Book / Edo Election: We Are Disappointed – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Yeske2(m): 6:21pm On Oct 07, 2012
Am i missing something here? I thought these were the same policies Pa Awo defended while alive and Achebe only stated same stuff which is common knowledge. Truth no matter how bitter must be told.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by aspabay(m): 6:21pm On Oct 07, 2012
Whao Achebe correct ibo man, he's becoming irrelevant so he publishes a controversial book to increase patronage. Nna well done
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by akinsola118: 6:21pm On Oct 07, 2012
Chimanet:
So becouse of presidential race that wont benifit me and u, so Achebe shouldnt give an account?
i neva sounded like he shouldn't giv an account of wat he knew bout d civil war ! But it is an ungreatful being dat soundz like d way achebe had sounded ..... Awolowo even fed hiz enemies ,fought 4 9ja's independence ! Wat was achebe doin den ?
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Chimanet(m): 6:26pm On Oct 07, 2012
akinsola118: i neva sounded like he shouldn't giv an account of wat he knew bout d civil war ! But it is an ungreatful being dat soundz like d way achebe had sounded ..... Awolowo even fed hiz enemies ,fought 4 9ja's independence ! Wat was achebe doin den ?
bro, so u can still accept that wat awo did was wrong? are u sure you can be trusted? ask hausas wat is mutumchi, mutunci in hausa lang
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 07, 2012
akinsola118: i neva sounded like he shouldn't giv an account of wat he knew bout d civil war ! But it is an ungreatful being dat soundz like d way achebe had sounded ..... Awolowo even fed hiz enemies ,fought 4 9ja's independence ! Wat was achebe doin den ?

Good question! He did not make any effort to even prevent the war. Soyinka and co made efforts that landed him in jail. Awolowo made efforts to prevent war. But Achebe decided to become the roving cultural ambassador and went on a frenzy to amass all the estacodes, cornered all the food being supplied by Nigerian state-their supposed enemy- fed his family fat and quietly fled to America when defeat was inevitable. He did not fire a single shot while the likes of Okigbo who believed in Biafra fought till the last drop of their blood.

That's Achebe for you, bitter, racist, old, pitiable, petty.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bigdoo: 6:28pm On Oct 07, 2012
I just ordered the last hard copy of the book from Amazon today for £10.00 and it will arrive at my house tomorrow. Meanwhile I reserve my comments. They say that "seeing is believing". However, I know that "controversy always creates cash". So I suppose that this book might even fetch Chinua Achebe more money than his ever-popular "Things Fall Apart". Let the music play on.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Chimanet(m): 6:30pm On Oct 07, 2012
this country will never move foward till we all admit our mistakes and evil deeds of the past, so pple prefare to support bad thing jst to be relevant in current nigeria plitics?
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 6:30pm On Oct 07, 2012
bigdoo: I just ordered the last hard copy of the book from Amazon today for £10.00 and it will arrive at my house tomorrow. Meanwhile I reserve my comments. They say that "seeing is believing". However, I know that "controversy always creates cash". So I suppose that this book might even fetch Chinua Achebe more money than his ever-popular "Things Fall Apart". Let the music play on.
the book will sell more than things fall apart, especially the e version. achebe will break his own record.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 6:30pm On Oct 07, 2012
Chimanet: this country will never move foward till we all admit our mistakes and evil deeds of the past, so pple prefare to support bad thing jst to be relevant in current nigeria in eyes of northerners?
i tire oo
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Akomogar: 6:32pm On Oct 07, 2012
na wa o
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Chimanet(m): 6:34pm On Oct 07, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Good question! He did not make any effort to even prevent the war. Soyinka and co made efforts that landed him in jail. Awolowo made efforts to prevent war. But Achebe decided to become the roving cultural ambassador and went on a frenzy to amass all the estacodes, cornered all the food being supplied by Nigerian state-their supposed enemy- fed his family fat and quietly fled to America when defeat was inevitable. He did not fire a single shot while the likes of Okigbo who believed in Biafra fought till the last drop of their blood.

That's Achebe for you, bitter, racist, old, pitiable, petty.
U don sabi book small now, but please if you have conscience dont ever support policies that will killed about 2million women and children any any way
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 07, 2012
Chimanet:
U don sabi book small now, but please if you have conscience dont ever support policies that will killed about 2million women and children any any way

Thank you but please if you have the means tell Ojukwu to put his people above his ambitions. There is no point sacrificing millions of your people just to preserve your own life.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by hotwax: 6:37pm On Oct 07, 2012
Biko fellow Indigbo pls and pls when are we going to wake up from the nightmare of Biafra and get on with live as it is? Are we going to keep crying Biafra till eternity or what for goodness sake??

It was the same war that had made me not to have a single uncle till date 5 of them were drafted to Biafra Army and were taken away by this same Biafra soldiers and none of them return till date it was this shock that put my grandfather on sick bed till he died some years ago only my dad and his siter are the only surviving kids but when I grew up I asked my grandma please ma who were the people that came to took away your boys my grand told me it was Biafra Army and she even named the Lieutenat and I asked again those who took away your boys were they Yoruba or Hausa or do they speak Yoruba or Hausa she said No they were Igbo Biafra Soldier this is where I called myself to reasoning and asked myself so what is the offence the Yoruba committed that Igbo hate them this much? Absolute No offence at all.

It was not Yoruba who sent Igbo to war neither Hausa. It was not Yoruba who brought Gun and killed the million souls neither Hausa so why hating these people is it because Awolowo refused to followed up the war or is it because he told the govt of that time to stop providing food for the East in other to stop them please is this an offense?? Can anyone in his honest mind be feeding his enermy? If Awolowo back out please is he not a man to decide for himself to say YES or NO? Aburi Accord was the starter of the war according to the history but if an Accord is broken please is it to fight War the solution Biko please where did Awolowo committed Genocide any proof Please let us tell ourselves the truth orelse we will remain a shadow in this country called Nigeria and it was this uncalled for hates that has be a clog in the wheel of Igbo becoming the president of this and to be honest with this hate in our heart Igbo man can never rule Nigeria till heaven come take it or leave it.

I said it before and will say it again that in Nigeria soil its only Yoruba tribe that recognised us as Human beign or as part of Nigeria and its same Yoruba we hated so much. How I wish any Igbo man can disguise and sit where Hausa elite are and discussing Nigeria issue then you will know that Hausa see us as a complete allien in Nigeria never value us and they only know us when they want to use us and after using us dump us then Hausa is Igbo frien but when it come to who is who we are no where and nobody to them FACT> i know what i'm saying. I knw this may anger some but that is the truth I hate no tribe for Biafra failure rather I hate Ojukwu for going to war the entire Igbo never sent him and wastes lives in million and none of his own immediate family died on the course whereas I alone lost 5 uncles at a go. Let Achebe go and rest for now he has done a lot and he need rest for now. God bless.
You have spoken well and I know many igbo will call you names for this.
No matter how we try to make friends with igbo, they just hate without bounds. The war cannot be blamed on yorubas. Yorubas did not cause it.
I have many igbos in my work place. Atimes I get pissed off with the way they behave. I just ask. What's the basis of all these hatred? No matter how accommodating or friendly we are to these people, they just put it in our mouth.

Tomorrow, you will see another thread/post about OBJ.
Boko-haram murder them everyday, they won't talk about that. They will keep busy looking for yorubas to make scape goat.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Chimanet(m): 6:37pm On Oct 07, 2012
do u support awo supporting nigeria in the war after biafrans released him from their prisons? do you know the kind of promises and agreement he made with biafrans before they gave him freedom? please if you want to grow in this life, start respecting agreements
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Chimanet(m): 6:40pm On Oct 07, 2012
hotwax:
You have spoken well and I know many igbo will call you names for this.
No matter how we try to make friends with igbo, they just hate without bounds. The war cannot be blamed on yorubas. Yorubas did not cause it.
I have many igbos in my work place. Atimes I get pissed off with the way they behave. I just ask. What's the basis of all these hatred? No matter how accommodating or friendly we are to these people, they just put it in our mouth.

Tomorrow, you will see another thread/post about OBJ.
Boko-haram murder them everyday, they won't talk about that. They will keep busy looking for yorubas to make scape goat.
we all knows who is trybalistic, ask other nigerians they will tell you the most tribalistic nigerian tribe
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by hotwax: 6:47pm On Oct 07, 2012
Common sense did not that your two million that when you are starving, you surrender and allow for food to come. There is no difference between them and suicide bombers. They rather die than surrender and that's what they got. They had the chance to live, but they choose death. Whose fault is that? Direct your blame to the right person. Face the truth: ojukwui messed up big time. Leave awolowo out of it.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 07, 2012
Chimanet:
do u support awo supporting nigeria in the war after biafrans released him from their prisons? do you know the kind of promises and agreement he made with biafrans before they gave him freedom? please if you want to grow in this life, start respecting agreements

Eeyah, your fathers are master of propaganda! But the good thing is simple: propaganda would not do the work.
Let's assume (it's false to start with) Ojukwu released Awolowo, was the same Awolowo not in Enugu appealing to Ojukwu to shelve war plans?
If Awolowo made speech, was it for the Igbo or Yorubas in Ibadan? Was the same Awolowo not in Enugu to advance peace?

Your leaders had made up their mind to fight war no matter what. There was nothing bad in that if only they were prepared. But to now turn around around and blame the same man that warned you against going to war, is not only shameful, it's sacrilegious.

The truth of the matter is simple: Ojukwu never released Awolowo. Gowon did. Simple questions for you:if Ojukwu released Awolowo, what prevented Gowon from rearresting him? Why was it the duty of Gowon government to drive Awolowo home? Why didn't Ojukwu simply rearrest him and shout traitor upon sighting him in Enugu again since Awo didn't have weapons or soldiers to protect himself their?

Your leaders are propagating lies that are more than obvious to any fellow with a good head or his or her shoulders. Why you are not seeing through your leaders lies must have been as a result of Awolowo machinations. Tell me something else.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by whitecat007: 6:49pm On Oct 07, 2012
You should be worry about your ibo tribe survival, or are you going to turn into spirits? Yorubaland is more than viable reason you ibos troop to Yorubaland for survival using "one nigeria" as a cover up.
Fasterboy:
Nairaland is a true representaion of Nigeria. I pray that this country will soon divide let me see how these Yoruba fooools will survive.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by whitecat007: 6:51pm On Oct 07, 2012
Dream on!
nass07: Young Nigerians pls I advice u not to partake in these,these elderly men are out to trigger some awful kinda hatred upon the nation's future 'which you happens to be a part'. They are still beefing themselves over a failed past they created. They are leaving this world without resolving their differences, now they hope to polute the mind of young Nigerians so that these hatred will continue, so that the future of Nigeria would equally not live to see glory and peacefull days that I believe God is planning to bestow upon. This great country Nigeria
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Noiseless2: 6:55pm On Oct 07, 2012
But just few weeks ago, a northerner spoke publicly on how the same man (awolowo)selfishly and shamelessly joined to fight against Biafra after being dangled with the promise of presidency if Biafra gets crushed. How come heaven didn't let loose by the Yorubas when the northerner made similar comment?

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by whitecat007: 7:01pm On Oct 07, 2012
He's not a Noble laureate. The reason they are attacking Awolowo and Yoruba at every turn is that, they know most Yoruba care. If we can tell to go to hell, their tone will change. why do you think that they are not attacking Hausas, cos they know those people don't care.
sweet_gala: History is good, but I see this a tactful act to destroy the image of your enemy.
Awolowo was a great leader , a man was willing to take certain questionable decisions in the hope of ending a terrible civil war.
He never had any verbal agreement with Ojukwu to protect Biafran interest, why should he be vilified . It was not a strange tactic to deny your enemy access to amenities through routes which were under your control. All sides done so in world war II , merchant ships were targeted by all sides, cargo planes and rail lines, during the American civil war both sides resorted to caves and underground passages. It's your enemies duty to deny you easy access to supplies its yours to protect your supply routes, gain some and come up with alternatives. All wars are won on this simple principle.

It is no news that Awolowo and Achebe were on opposing sides during the war , history is written by the victors , to that effect Gowon, Awolowo and several other Nigerians are celebrated as powerful people who kept this country together today, achebe has denied himself a national honour twice a decision I respect.
We made an effort to forgive Ojukwu of treason and gave him a state burial honoured his widow.

Gowon gave a great speech after the war which denounced the notion of victory for the Nigerian state but promoted peace dialogue unity and reflection.

Now I ask why must a old much respected Nobel laureate invite the topic of division and taint the image of his long dead enemy for personal gratification?
The war for him is long gone and lost.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 07, 2012
Noiseless2: But just few weeks ago, a northerner spoke publicly on how the same man (awolowo)selfishly and shamelessly joined to fight against Biafra after being dangled with the promise of presidency if Biafra gets crushed. How come heaven didn't let loose by the Yorubas when the northerner made similar comment?

The same reason Achebe didn't blame Gowon the Supreme Military Leader but rather found it convenient to blame Awolowo.
I ignore an obvious fool and move on.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by zerocool(m): 7:01pm On Oct 07, 2012
sweet_gala: Now I ask why must a old much respected Nobel laureate invite the topic of division and taint the image of his long dead enemy for personal gratification? The war for him is long gone and lost.

This sums it up for me. God bless you.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by whitecat007: 7:03pm On Oct 07, 2012
LIAR, IBO REGION CONTRIBUTES NOTHING TO NIGERIA.
Mr. Globe:

from the man whose region contributes NOTHING to the center but yet collect federal allocation. Now who is the parasite.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 07, 2012
whitecat007: He's not a Noble laureate. The reason they are attacking Awolowo and Yoruba at every turn is that, they know most Yoruba care. If we can tell to go to hell, their tone will change. why do you think that they are not attacking Hausas, cos they know those people don't care.

You understand a mindset of typical Igbo man.

They know we are civil, humane, cultured, accommodating to a fault.
We don't even look for troubles where there is none.

Can they try the nonsense some of them are doing in Lagos even at the outskirts of Kano?
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by whitecat007: 7:05pm On Oct 07, 2012
WE ARE NOT ONE, NEVER BEEN AND NEVER WILL.
Flawless~diva:

Is statements like this that keeps widening the gap of unionism. We are not one, just aspiring to be.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 7:06pm On Oct 07, 2012
abeg who knows when the book is coming out in nigeria, its a must read.i heard schools in nigeria and abroad are already making plans to add it to their syllabus
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by zerocool(m): 7:09pm On Oct 07, 2012
The Muhammadu Buhari-led Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) yesterday described the statement made by Prof. China Achebe on former military head of state, General Yakubu Gowon and the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo, in his latest book,as unfortunate.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by solomon111(m): 7:19pm On Oct 07, 2012
I got to order for that book immediately.
It should be one of my children's inheritance.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by priory: 7:19pm On Oct 07, 2012
[quote author=Mr. Globe]Achebe's tribesman (Mr. Globe) to Awolowo's Daughter: I am disappointed with the international court of justice for not trying Awolowo (the ancestor of a useless tribe) for genocide post humously. [/quote
Awolowo was a wicked man, if not for God, my generation will ever hate him.
Wicked and heartless man.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by whitecat007: 7:21pm On Oct 07, 2012
I think this noise is also to generate traffic for the book, don't be deceived. I will see if people can get the book posted online after all we are able to watch movies that are even not in the theater yet online, how much more a kindergarten book. so the oku igbe old man will not really make much on it as ibo will do anything for money.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by whitecat007: 7:26pm On Oct 07, 2012
We all know thay ibos are the cowards here, your own warlord dressed in iro n buba to escape the war, if another war starts now, you animals will choke the express way with your death buses.
Bunkyrules: It is nw apparent dat most ofenmanu pple r jst senseless,y shud u attack some1 simply cuz,he said d truth?tufiakwa 2 dis useless nd coward tribe

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (27) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Raping, Killing Our People – Enugu Women / "Leadership From Sudan", "Herdsmen From Mali"- Shehu Sani Slams APC / Onem Tyna Miracle, Councillor Links 2 Communities With Her Official Car Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.