Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed (41736 Views)

If You Are Disappointed In Buhari Ministerial List, ...... / Danjuma Azemobo Musa Responds To Achebe's New Book / Edo Election: We Are Disappointed – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 5:43pm On Oct 07, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Why Aburi in the first place? What led to Aburi? Con master! Your brain has come back from Ivory coast to join NPN!

corruption and crisis 1960 till 1966------->coup 1966 ------------->counter coup 1966------------>aburi----- ----->war1967 til 70--------------->corruotion and crisis 1970 til today
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 07, 2012
Dede1:

What an arrant nonsense. One wonders how many ambushes were staged and lorries of Red Cross vehicles carted away. Sometimes people tend to make unbalanced statements for the sake of them.

It was a game of Russan roulette to fly food and medical supplies to Biafra as the wild-eyed Egyptian, Australian and Nigerian Mig17 pilots were eager to down the slow-moving DC3s ferrying medicine to Biafra.

Simple, if you did not have a capable air force to battle the devilish Nigerian soldiers, what were your leaders supposed to do? Surrender!
But they preserved thier lives and wasted that of masses and sold propaganda to the rest of you.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 07, 2012
bashr8: corruption and crisis 1960 till 1966------->coup 1966 ------------->counter coup 1966------------>aburi----- ----->war1967 til 70--------------->corruotion and crisis 1970 til today

You were the pioneer! You planned the destruction. You taught Gowon, IBB, Buhari, Abacha how to plan coup. We talk of another Igbo legacy!
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by akinsola118: 5:50pm On Oct 07, 2012
nnhmm ...... it will be very difficult 4 d igbo side to smell d presidency again ! Anyway,9ja can split any moment frm now ! So Achebe can turn him-self to dia head of state in d fedral republic of Biafra of igbo !

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 5:50pm On Oct 07, 2012
Prof Corruption:

You were the pioneer! You planned the destruction. You taught Gowon, IBB, Buhari, Abacha how to plan coup. We talk of another Igbo legacy!
why start with number 2 , who pioneered corruption and crises? was awolowo not jailed for trying to topple the govt? was it also igbo people that where rigging election, killing yorubas in the west and stealing billions of pounds mean t for the people?
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by hotwax: 5:51pm On Oct 07, 2012
I salute you yoruba people in the house. You did not slack at all. I am really impressed. They though they can distort history. Who can satisfy these igbo people. Wole soyink who fought for biafra, prosecuted for biafra. Is he not yoruba? How do igbos talk about him? They still mock soyinka. Why? Because he is yoruba.
They are just bigots. Tomorrow they will open another thread highlighting the evil yorubas have perpetrated. As if we don't have their history too.
Sour haters.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 5:52pm On Oct 07, 2012
akinsola118: nnhmm ...... it will be very difficult 4 d igbo side to smell d presidency again ! Anyway,9ja can split any moment frm now ! So Achebe can turn him-self to dia head of state in d fedral republic of Biafra of igbo !
says who we will see aboutnthat come 2015 , the same mouth you made in the last election. as if yorubas have had a president abi obj aslo counts .

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 5:54pm On Oct 07, 2012
hotwax: I salute you yoruba people in the house. You did not slack at all. I am really impressed. They though they can distort history. Who can satisfy these igbo people. Wole soyink who fought for biafra, prosecuted for biafra. Is he not yoruba? How do igbos talk about him? They still mock soyinka. Why? Because he is yoruba.
They are just bigots. Tomorrow they will open another thread highlighting the evil yorubas have perpetrated. As if we don't have their history too.
Sour haters.
shut your dirty mouth and show me where igbos mocked soyinka. if you have facts to prove achebe wrong come out and publish your own account, not even obasanjo or gowon who are stil alive have come out to prove him wrong. secondly the book is not igbos writting about yorubas its achebe writting his account og the war, mumu
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 07, 2012
Dede1: It is an insult to Nigerians to call Awolowo a national leader. Awolowo never led Nigeria rather he was a tribal leader and in fact, a short term regional premier.

It's really paining you that the man you choose to denigrate is standing tall even in death while the likes of your typical efulefu leaders in the mold of Zik have been completely forgotten.

A man won war for his country without borrowing a kobo, you call such a man a tribal leader?
A man fought with others to bring independence to his country, you call such a man a tribal leader?

If Awolowo was a tribal leader, what would you call Ojukwu?

Nigerians and Nigeria as a country know the worth of a departed genius. That was why while as a leader of opposition in the second republic, he was awarded the highest honour in the land, the honour normally given to the president.

Try harder, you missed the target.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 07, 2012
bashr8: says who we will see aboutnthat come 2015 , the same mouth you made in the last election. as if yorubas have had a president abi obj aslo counts .

Which party do you want to use? PDP? You are not bright at all.

Or do you want to use ACN? or CPC? Even in your strong hold of APGA, we managed to get a Senator of ACN there.
May be you will run as independent. You think Nigerian politics is all about empty chest beating!

It's strategy baby!

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Standing5(m): 6:00pm On Oct 07, 2012
The ibos have been claiming that Pa Awo was the cause of Operation Wetie in the West and that Nzeogwu was trying to help the Yorubas from Operation Wetie by killing its leaders. My question is why go for other Yoruba men when you claimed you believed Pa Awo was the cause of Operation wetie? Or better still, why kill the Northern leaders too and spare Eastern leader when in fact the main political parties in East and North were in a perfect tandem and screwing the west together? The truth can't hide forever. . . Let our igbo eWarriors come up with the reason(s) for this wicked genocidal act . . . As for the reason why Yorubas fought on the side they did, there is the saying that goes "Keep your 'friends' close where you can see them, its not your enemies who get you they are always your own people" - Yorubas had to keep the same people who along with the Northerners voted them into union Nigeria or One Nigeria as it was known then, turn around to kill its leaders and who were ready to starve their own women and children just to stand a chance of wiping out the Yorubas. Awolowo couldn't posibly be maintaining and saving proceed of Igbo owned estates while he made attempt to wipe out the same people.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:01pm On Oct 07, 2012
madridsta007: Hitler, the head Nazi was a German. All Germans were not Nazi. Same with the Yoruba Nation. All Yoruba's are not Awoists even though all Awoists are Yorubas.

There are still Yoruba's, non-Awoists that know and have known that all that Achebe wrote in his book is true and the seeming defence of Awo is an insult to Ndi Igbos and Nigerians and a vain attempt to distort history. These Yorubas have a conscience and many have apologised to the Igbos for the genocidal misdeeds of their patriarch Awo and want to move on to greater heights with them to build Nigeria.

On behalf of the non-Awoists and Yorubas with consciences we apologise to the Igbos.

^^^Thank you my brother. It's amazing what a little contrition, having a humane stance, and being the 'bigger person' in trying to resolve an argument.....it's amazing what these qualities can do in helping in dousing tensions.

Ndigbo are angry based on the loss of millions of their kith and kin b/4 and during the civil war (partly carried out by people they least expected this from) and the subsequent gloating; Ndiyoruba are angry b'cos they feel Igbos are disrespecting Awo; and Ndihausa no wan show face at all for this spat; so gauge whose feeling would/should be hurt more, and from where the apologies should start from.

I also, for and on behalf of my Igbo brothers (i mean, lets be honest here.....these spats are mainly testosterone fueled aren't they undecided) likewise apologise to all Yoruba that feel we have generalised and insulted all Yorubas in this argument.

So let's give these topics a rest and leave those that want to apologise to do so......and those that don't want to apologise can be left to their conscience and to God.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 07, 2012
bashr8: shut your dirty mouth and show me where igbos mocked soyinka. if you have facts to prove achebe wrong come out and publish your own account, not even obasanjo or gowon who are stil alive have come out to prove him wrong. secondly the book is not igbos writting about yorubas its achebe writting his account og the war, mumu

You are dull, slow and not learning fast enough to keep with pace.

Achebe is Igbo, Awolowo a Yoruba. Achebe is writing what is essentially an Igbo perspective on what Yorubas did during the war. If you don't even understand what the book is all about, why are you on this thread?

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:05pm On Oct 07, 2012
^^^^
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 6:05pm On Oct 07, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Which party do you want to use? PDP? You are not bright at all.

Or do you want to use ACN? or CPC? Even in your strong hold of APGA, we managed to get a Senator of ACN there.
May be you will run as independent. You think Nigerian politics is all about empty chest beating!

It's strategy baby!
lest postpone that till 2015.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 6:06pm On Oct 07, 2012
Prof Corruption:

You are dull, slow and not learning fast enough to keep with pace.

Achebe is Igbo, Awolowo a Yoruba. Achebe is writing what is essentially an Igbo perspective on what Yorubas did during the war. If you don't even understand what the book is all about, why are you on this thread?
so where do we place other that where mentione, like murtala, gowon , ojukwu , obasanjo etc? tribalism just runs in your blood, why are you not defending gowon and the rest
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 07, 2012
bashr8: lest postpone that till 2015.

Okoro want to postphone something! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You have fled on another front to Ivory Coast! Efulefu

Spoils of war, take heart.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Chimanet(m): 6:07pm On Oct 07, 2012
akinsola118: nnhmm ...... it will be very difficult 4 d igbo side to smell d presidency again ! Anyway,9ja can split any moment frm now ! So Achebe can turn him-self to dia head of state in d fedral republic of Biafra of igbo !
So becouse of presidential race that wont benifit me and u, so Achebe shouldnt give an account?
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 6:08pm On Oct 07, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Okoro want to postphone something! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You have fled on another front to Ivory Coast! Efulefu

you want to become a soothsayer. you have made your claim and i have made mine lets see how it turns out abi you wan conduct the elction today slowpoke
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Chimanet(m): 6:09pm On Oct 07, 2012
hotwax: I salute you yoruba people in the house. You did not slack at all. I am really impressed. They though they can distort history. Who can satisfy these igbo people. Wole soyink who fought for biafra, prosecuted for biafra. Is he not yoruba? How do igbos talk about him? They still mock soyinka. Why? Because he is yoruba.
Sour haters.
Igbos in general has high regards for Wole Soyinka cos he says the truth anytime any day
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 6:09pm On Oct 07, 2012
Chimanet:
So becouse of presidential race that wont benifit me and u, so Achebe shouldnt give an account?
that shows you the mentality of the people we have in this failed nation.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by hotwax: 6:10pm On Oct 07, 2012
shut your dirty mouth and show me where igbos mocked soyinka. if you have facts to prove achebe wrong come out and publish your own account, not even obasanjo or gowon who are stil alive have come out to prove him wrong. secondly the book is not igbos writting about yorubas its achebe writting his account og the war, mumu
You said "shut your dirty mouth". I guess that's the best thing to do. I guess that's what obasanjo and gowon are doing. After all who is achebe? Obasanjo and gowon were presidents/head of state. They are no way in the same league with A̶̲̥̅​ novel writer.
They can't descend so low to reply him. He is just like A̶̲̥̅​ musician. He can sing whatever he likes so people can buy his album.
You know what, you are right. Yorubas should just shut up and ignore that hungry author. He doesn't deserve our attention.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 07, 2012
bashr8: so where do we place other that where mentione, like murtala, gowon , ojukwu , obasanjo etc? tribalism just runs in your blood, why are you not defending gowon and the rest

How is it my fault that your not bright? A typical Igbo logic,I am a tribalist but you are not. Why are you as Igbo not defending Awolowo or if you find that sacrilegious, why not castigating Ojukwu for not doing the right thing during the war?

Why defend Gowon when Achebe left the supreme military leader and decided to blame Awolowo who was not more than vice president at the time? Who had the ultimate power? Why am I not blaming Okonjo Iweala for subsidy removed in January but instead decided to focus my anger on GEJ? Who appointed Awolowo to that post? Who takes ultimate responsibility?

Your old bitter racist dead living is writing a perverted form of history, history of nonsense. History that's is against logic, common sense and objective scrutiny.

Who is now more tribalistic than Achebe in today's Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by codeline(m): 6:14pm On Oct 07, 2012
Bh
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Chimanet(m): 6:14pm On Oct 07, 2012
Is this not the same awolowo that Ojukwu released freely from prison? he went on to fight for nigeria against the pple that saved his ass? i knw pple with conscience will see things the way i c. atleast he could have washed his hand from the war, jst stay neutral about the war
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 07, 2012
bashr8: you want to become a soothsayer. you have made your claim and i have made mine lets see how it turns out abi you wan conduct the elction today slowpoke

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Your leaders also said they had the greatest black army before the war but you know how the whole propaganda unraveled.

I have been reading Igbo presidency-2003, 2007, 2011 now it has been postphoned to 2015 again. I can tell you that 2015 is not rosy because you don't even have a platform that can negotiate anything for you not to talk of presidency. Why not blame Awolowo for that as well?

Empty chest beating!

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by klax(m): 6:17pm On Oct 07, 2012
Biko fellow Indigbo pls and pls when are we going to wake up from the nightmare of Biafra and get on with live as it is? Are we going to keep crying Biafra till eternity or what for goodness sake??

It was the same war that had made me not to have a single uncle till date 5 of them were drafted to Biafra Army and were taken away by this same Biafra soldiers and none of them return till date it was this shock that put my grandfather on sick bed till he died some years ago only my dad and his siter are the only surviving kids but when I grew up I asked my grandma please ma who were the people that came to took away your boys my grand told me it was Biafra Army and she even named the Lieutenat and I asked again those who took away your boys were they Yoruba or Hausa or do they speak Yoruba or Hausa she said No they were Igbo Biafra Soldier this is where I called myself to reasoning and asked myself so what is the offence the Yoruba committed that Igbo hate them this much? Absolute No offence at all.

It was not Yoruba who sent Igbo to war neither Hausa. It was not Yoruba who brought Gun and killed the million souls neither Hausa so why hating these people is it because Awolowo refused to followed up the war or is it because he told the govt of that time to stop providing food for the East in other to stop them please is this an offense?? Can anyone in his honest mind be feeding his enermy? If Awolowo back out please is he not a man to decide for himself to say YES or NO? Aburi Accord was the starter of the war according to the history but if an Accord is broken please is it to fight War the solution Biko please where did Awolowo committed Genocide any proof Please let us tell ourselves the truth orelse we will remain a shadow in this country called Nigeria and it was this uncalled for hates that has be a clog in the wheel of Igbo becoming the president of this and to be honest with this hate in our heart Igbo man can never rule Nigeria till heaven come take it or leave it.

I said it before and will say it again that in Nigeria soil its only Yoruba tribe that recognised us as Human beign or as part of Nigeria and its same Yoruba we hated so much. How I wish any Igbo man can disguise and sit where Hausa elite are and discussing Nigeria issue then you will know that Hausa see us as a complete allien in Nigeria never value us and they only know us when they want to use us and after using us dump us then Hausa is Igbo frien but when it come to who is who we are no where and nobody to them FACT> i know what i'm saying. I knw this may anger some but that is the truth I hate no tribe for Biafra failure rather I hate Ojukwu for going to war the entire Igbo never sent him and wastes lives in million and none of his own immediate family died on the course whereas I alone lost 5 uncles at a go. Let Achebe go and rest for now he has done a lot and he need rest for now. God bless.

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Dede1(m): 6:18pm On Oct 07, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Take it easy with your embellishments, otherwise I will start asking you for proofs that Red Cross planes were shot down by the federal troops. I will gladly admit that we shot down DC3s which were supplying enemy combatants - you know, the planes carrying one carton of iodine and 500 cartons of grenade.

nwanne, do you have the confidence, boldness, and bravery to admit that if Ojukwu had surrendered 3-6 months before he ran away, thousands of biafran women and children would not have died in vain?

You are a very funny chap indeed. All the DC3s carried marks designating Red Cross. So if Nigerians shot down one, It was one too many. The crux of the matter remains if Gowon had not declared war on eastern region, Nigeria would have been saved from the black-eyed historical events in this debate and Awolowo would have served out his prison terms in Calabar.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 07, 2012
Bwahahahahahaha

You guys are killing me with jokes, truss..

I just checked again, 201,000 comments in the last three days alone... Money to the bank for Achebe and the WHITE publishers...

Let's get it to a million by thursday!! grin
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Chimanet(m): 6:18pm On Oct 07, 2012
codeline: This man is just trying to create problem for ibos whom i thought i could work with.
Wetin concern u? please just come out and stop supporting genocide. like a normal sayings, call a spade a spade, i believe you have conscience
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by wellmax(m): 6:18pm On Oct 07, 2012
............so why did Prof. Chinua Achebe wait
until after the death of Dim Ojukwu and Chief
Awolowo before publishing his memoirs?
Obviously, there cannot be any reply from the
grave. #JustAsking
Shameless old tribalist...brooding tribalist.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 07, 2012
Chimanet:
Igbos in general has high regards for Wole Soyinka cos he says the truth anytime any day

You have no choice but to respect the master. Who dash monkey banana?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (27) (Reply)

Buhari Returns To Nigeria On Sunday, Resumes Monday / Emmanuel Ikechukwu, RCCG Pastor, Declares For Presidency Under Obasanjo’s ADC / WTO: FG Moves To Counter US Position On Okonjo-iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.