Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed (41705 Views)

If You Are Disappointed In Buhari Ministerial List, ...... / Danjuma Azemobo Musa Responds To Achebe's New Book / Edo Election: We Are Disappointed – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by MrGlobe(m): 7:32pm On Oct 07, 2012
codeline:
i won't say more than i can't work any longer or employ any of your tribes men again because i can see you guys live in hate
and so who is this fool. how can a jobless man talk about employing someone. if you employ yorobbers only in 'your office' and turn it into an owambe party center.. How does it take any dot away from my comment you quoted. get out jare.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by baysol: 7:33pm On Oct 07, 2012
Da infamous: Prof. Chinua Achebe has finally blown open the lid...people that have always been too scared to hear and accept the truth are now trying to suppress it. Until we acknowledge the truths of our past, we can't move forward successfully...

You me Igbos will not move forward successfully. Even you children novelist have not move forward no wonder he did not get the nobel price in literature. We know pragmatist and realist who got it. Igbo ko Igbo ni.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by esn1(f): 7:34pm On Oct 07, 2012
akinmax: Time past , time and time again,The yorouba nation has been waiting patiently for a reference point to unleash their animosity on this ungrateful people ,who always abuse their hospitality and peacefullness , the cloud is gathering, It may be long, quick or sudden, but I bet you Boko haram strategy to kill will be a child play in comparison to this.If at this time in history of our country , one children book writer is vomiting garbage,what this means is adding more salt to a wound - a trigger effect to already over heated politics.The noting is always true about the Ibo folks, they always look for trouble, anywhere they are, they hate decorum ,its in their DNA.

A writer of childrens books dts well acclaimed and his books translated in different languages. Were you born during the civil war? I think its your type that promotes tribalism. Get a grip man, I think he might expantiate or you do your findings rather that tag the Igbo race as trouble makers.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by charles424(m): 7:44pm On Oct 07, 2012
warrior01: Eeya! Mrs tokunbo awolowo is disappointed that her father was a murderer. Take heart dear; the truth only hurts it doesn't kill.

Well I know achebe is only regreting that the yorubas refuse to follow them fight a senseless and foolish oriented war started by the igbo foolish leaders...The yorubas don't believe in senseless violence,,and you can see that during the abiola saga with IBB and Abacha without raising a single Gun we won the war,..so its not the fault of yorubas that the igbos loose the war..so go and put your house in order...no ibo want to be the second,na so so ezuruba 1,eze nnawa 1, eziokwu 1 etc..So don't blame the yorubas,but blame your foolish leaders.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:53pm On Oct 07, 2012
Achebe lived through the Biafra War and knows very well wat he says. Can Awolowo's Daughter say the same. Who cares if Awolowo's Daughter is disappointed or not? Her father is a War Criminal and Mass Murderer, dey should deal with dat.

5 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by M17: 8:02pm On Oct 07, 2012
I have said it time after time , that mother nature did not put igbo and yoruba together in one house Esau and Jacob ,You igbo man don't yet realize that you can never ever get along with Yoruba's ,on the other hand Yoruba's hatred for any thing Igbo is in their blood take note ,This is nature
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Desola(f): 8:06pm On Oct 07, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: Achebe lived through the Biafra War and knows very well wat he says. Can Awolowo's Duaghter say the same. Who cares if Awolowo's Daughter is disappointed or not? Her father is a War Criminal and Mass Murderer, dey should deal with dat.

dodosco, how do you know for sure that he is a war criminal and murderer? Did you live through the war too? Moraforker oshi!
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:09pm On Oct 07, 2012
Desola:

dodosco, how do you know for sure that he is a war criminal and murderer? Did you live through the war too? Moraforker oshi!

dodosco, Moraforker oshi!
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 8:11pm On Oct 07, 2012
Desola:

Bliss4Lyfe:

dodosco, Moraforker oshi!
cat fight (grabs popcon ) grin grin
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 07, 2012
Blyss4lyfe has some nice lips, and Desola has a big batty...

Let the cat fight begin, and get some e-unclothedness in there...

I'm on it!! grin Locked innnn!! - go hard or go home...
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Wislet(f): 8:20pm On Oct 07, 2012
OYA.
EVERYBODY, E DON DO.
We're not fighting. This is just a discussion.
Love your neighbour as you love yourself, that's how the world should be.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by buffny: 8:20pm On Oct 07, 2012
igbos are self righteous hypocrites.

achebe should write a book on the atrocities committed by biafra against minorities.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by emmykk(m): 8:20pm On Oct 07, 2012
kindabigg: Shameless old man!
achebe is intelligent and should not be said to be lying.is like saying wole soyinka is a shameless old man on any issue he write about,even though wole soyinka cannot be compare with achibe.achibe is greater.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by mustrule(m): 8:24pm On Oct 07, 2012
Is better u pepl read d book first b4 u jump to conclution. He criticize Ojukwu,Gowon, Awolowo etc in d book, so read d book frm A to Z b4 u join issue. 1 LOVE.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Wislet(f): 8:24pm On Oct 07, 2012
4chi: With the persistent insult from the ibos to all what the yorubas hold dear, I want to send a clarion call to all yorubas to begin the process of systematically stifling these ungrateful parasites. I for one will never deal with any ibo man again for any business. I am also going to frustrate the several okoro chaps working for me out of their job.enough is enough.Mark my words from now on, ibos will begin to see the other side of yorubas. Already, landlords are refusing them as tenants and the process of deporting their miscreants back to onitsha has begun. IF YOU PRIMITIVE PIGS DON'T LIKE YORUBAS, GO BACK TO YOUR EROSION RAVAGED,INFERTILE, LANDLOCKED AND CURSED LAND!!! All your leaders from Zik,ojukwu,iwuanyawu,orji kalu,nwobodo, and the crippled Achebe benefited from Yoruba generosity and hospitality, yet you turn round and run your dirty mouths. Thanks to the Internet,we now know what lies in your mind....and if you think you can engage in your normal bragadoccio and nzogbu nzogbu nonsense here, a single unit of OPC will annihilate you. Ask your brothers in okota why they've been behaving themselves since the incidence of 2002. Anuofia!

u are full of hate.
Grow up.
This is a discussion. How old are you by the way?
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by whitecat007: 8:28pm On Oct 07, 2012
He uttered in ibos ears while other tribes were not listening right? every ibo parent has done a terrible job raising their children, so tragic.
Nebeuwa: People are attacking Professor Chinua Achebe, but is the man incorrect?

Let the truth be known that Chief Obafemi Awolowo uttered such words.

It is etched in the record. Now how can you refute such?

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by whitecat007: 8:30pm On Oct 07, 2012
Yes he lied!!!!
bashr8: no need for insults, did achebe lie or not should be the question ,after answering that then we can debate if its right for him to publish the memoir at a time nigeria s already divided.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 07, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: Achebe lived through the Biafra War and knows very well wat he says. Can Awolowo's Daughter say the same. Who cares if Awolowo's Daughter is disappointed or not? Her father is a War Criminal and Mass Murderer, dey should deal with dat.

Lived during the war as what? Eeyah as roving cultural ambassador cornering all the food. No wonder, he looked well fed when he fled to America.
This was Awolowo response to the likes of Achebe that lived during the war:

Then I enquired what happened to the food we are sending to the civilians. We were sending food through the Red cross, and CARITAS to them, but what happen was that the vehicles carrying the food were always ambushed by the soldiers. That’s what I discovered, and the food would then be taken to the soldiers to feed them, and so they were able to continue to fight. And I said that was a very dangerous policy, we didn’t intend the food for soldiers. But who will go behind the line to stop the soldiers from ambushing the vehicles that were carrying the food? And as long as soldiers were fed, the war will continue, and who’ll continue to suffer? and those who didn’t go to the place to see things as I did, you remember that all the big guns, all the soldiers in the Biafran army looked all well fed after the war, its only the mass of the people that suffered kwashiorkor.
You won’t hear of a single lawyer, a single doctor, a single architect, who suffered from kwashiorkor? None of their children either, so they waylaid the foods, they ambushed the vehicles and took the foods to their friends and to their collaborators and to their children and the masses were suffering.

And, he reminds me, when you saw Ojukwu’s picture after the war, did he look like someone who’s not well fed? But he has been taking the food which we send to civilians, and so we stopped the food.

Awolowo was God sent. He was even sending food to Biafra. What a bad target to denigrate? Achebe was the one carrying the meat, distributing the rice and vociferous why Nigeria did not send oil to cook the rice. The roving ambassador did not fire a single shot. Efulefu
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by RealMccoy2(m): 8:34pm On Oct 07, 2012
charles424:

Well I know achebe is only regreting that the yorubas refuse to follow them fight a senseless and foolish oriented war started by the igbo foolish leaders...The yorubas don't believe in senseless violence,,and you can see that during the abiola saga with IBB and Abacha without raising a single Gun we won the war,..so its not the fault of yorubas that the igbos loose the war..so go and put your house in order...no ibo want to be the second,na so so ezuruba 1,eze nnawa 1, eziokwu 1 etc..So don't blame the yorubas,but blame your foolish leaders.

It is not about Yo-robber but Awo. I would have believed your lies if you made mention of June 12. You threatened fired yet a single man with dark shade sent al your leaders to seek Asylum in UK and USA

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Wislet(f): 8:35pm On Oct 07, 2012
MY LOVELY PEOPLE.
This is not an occasion to insult one another. Pls.
The war has come and gone. What matters is what we do and how we live FROM NOW ON.
Nobody hates the other person. Let's not allow such thoughts take root in our minds, alright?
Sheath your swords.
This is a book written solely by one man.
The world has moved on since the war.
Let us not get pulled back to that time.
Go about your various businesses and stop this.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by RealMccoy2(m): 8:38pm On Oct 07, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Lived during the war as what? Eeyah as roving cultural ambassador cornering all the food. No wonder, he looked well fed when he fled to America.
This was Awolowo response to the likes of Achebe that lived during the war:

Awolowo was God sent. He was even sending food to Biafra. What a bad target to denigrate? Achebe was the one carrying the meat, distributing the rice and vociferous why Nigeria did not send oil to cook the rice. The roving ambassador did not fire a single shot. Efulefu
Do you think if you repeat lies several times it will become truth? An opportunist that died frustrated. If he was relevant in Yoruba land how come his family is politically doomed in Yoruba land? I know truth is bitter. I am not against Yoruba tribe I just don't understand why you guys love to cover public secret.....lol

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Yeske2(m): 8:39pm On Oct 07, 2012
I need just ONE person to disprove Achebe with proof(s). Support a war criminal any day but the truth still remains constant. If you no gree, go hug transformer.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 07, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

It is not about Yo-robber but Awo. I would have believed your lies if you made mention of June 12. You threatened fired yet a single man with dark shade sent al your leaders to seek Asylum in UK and USA

That's not the end of the story! What happened to that single man! Didn't the whole of Nigeria later concede presidency to the West?
That was our struggle. Some of our people died in the process but we applied wisdom when it mattered most. MKO was killed, there was no point sending others to grave to join him there. In any case, nobody was willing to admit killing him. They were all cowards.

What happened to your struggle? What did you gain from the senseless war your clueless leaders brought upon your pitiable fathers?
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Wislet(f): 8:41pm On Oct 07, 2012
HAS ANY OF US HERE READ THE BOOK?
If you have, pls indicate.
I do not think Achebe would be one-sided in this tell-it-all book.
Let us at least READ IT before commenting.
Anybody that fights here will be punished.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by EkoIle1: 8:42pm On Oct 07, 2012
[quote author=emmykk]achebe is intelligent and should not be said to be lying.is like saying wole soyinka is a shameless old man on any issue he write about,even though wole soyinka cannot be compare with achibe.achibe is greater.[/q uote]

That old and senile clown is smart and intellegent? I guess thats why he's still bitter and angry because he wasn't smart and intelligent enough to be awarded the Nobel like his superior wole soyinka.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by RealMccoy2(m): 8:43pm On Oct 07, 2012
Wislet: MY LOVELY PEOPLE.
This is not an occasion to insult one another. Pls.
The war has come and gone. What matters is what we do and how we live FROM NOW ON.
Nobody hates the other person. Let's not allow such thoughts take root in our minds, alright?
Sheath your swords.
This is a book written solely by one man.
The world has moved on since the war.
Let us not get pulled back to that time.
Go about your various businesses and stop this.

Achebe popularity in the international scene can be compared to that of Mandela. It is a debate and not war, yorubas and Igbos are too educated to engage themselves in physical war. Yoruba sons like Fela,Soyinka and Gani were against the sponsored genocide I wonder why Awo e-warriors could not see what well respected Yoruba sons saw during the war and choose not to side Awo and his Northern allies?
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 07, 2012
Yeske!:
I need just ONE person to disprove Achebe with proof(s). Support a war criminal any day but the truth still remains constant. If you no gree, go hug transformer.

Brother, you're missing the point... Awolowo never denied the blockade, albeit it was allowed under the UN charter during wartime by all member nations... However, he's not a war criminal because blockade is fair in a war, and it was justified to stop the pointless war...

It is my impression that Awolowo was driven by an overriding ambition for power, for himself and for his Yoruba people. There is, on the surface at least, nothing wrong with those aspirations. However, Awolowo saw the dominant Igbos at the time as the obstacles to that goal, and when the opportunity arose – the Nigeria-Biafra war – his ambition drove him into a frenzy to go to every length to achieve his dreams. In the Biafran case it meant hatching up a diabolical policy to reduce the numbers of his enemies significantly through starvation — eliminating over two million people, mainly members of future generations.

The bolded part is the reason why Yoruba people are angry and their outburst is justified... Do you agree with Achebe's assertion, yes or no?? Bear in mind that they never wanted the war, they were dragged into it...
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Yeske2(m): 8:46pm On Oct 07, 2012
[quote author=Eko Ile][/quote]Case is between Achebe and Awolowo, Soyinka is reverenced in the east because he is fearless and says it how it is. Waiting to read his take on this.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by RealMccoy2(m): 8:47pm On Oct 07, 2012
[quote author=Eko Ile][/quote]

Please do more research on noble price. That award is more political that real merit. Obama was given a price for peace".....Isn't that laughable?
I doubt if you went to college overseas? Achebe's popularity overshadows that political award.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 07, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

Do you think if you repeat lies several times it will become truth? An opportunist that died frustrated. If he was relevant in Yoruba land how come his family is politically doomed in Yoruba land? I know truth is bitter. I am not against Yoruba tribe I just don't understand why you guys love to cover public secret.....lol

Did I hear you mention family? Omase o! Spoils of war, take heart.
Ojukwu's wives and children are in a state of war fighting over property in Lagos. That's shameful. Is it Awolowo's fault that Ojukwu left a mess for his children to sort out? It's everywhere on Nairaland how they intend to chase Bianca away. Please beg them to respect the dead.

Awolowo was a loving father, faithful husband and none of his children has ever been found wanting in character. That's very glaring from the statement issued by his daughter to this your old, bitter, racist and worthless professor. She merely expressed regrets and promised that her family would issue a formal respond later. That was a good thinking from good head. Awolowo's children are well trained not the bastards bred by Ojukwu fighting over vanities of life.

To now answer you fool: why must your child take to your profession? Why do you consider it a failure on the path of Awolowo that his children are not interested in politics? Are you happy the way politicians are fostering their children on the populace today? The same man accused of inordinate ambition for power did not even chart any political course for his children. What a completely selfless man!

You are not bright.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 07, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

Please do more research on noble price. That award is more political that real merit. Obama was given a price for peace".....Isn't that laughable?
I doubt if you went to college overseas? Achebe's popularity overshadows that political award.

That's what you do, destroy it if you can't have it. Nobel Prize is now worthless. I ignore an obvious fool and move on.

We are talking of Nobel Prize in Literature here foooools.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Yeske2(m): 8:54pm On Oct 07, 2012

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27) (Reply)

Ekiti House Of Assembly Holds Sittings At The Foot Of Ado-Ekiti Flyover (Photos) / Ajimobi’s Daughter, Ajay Accuses Bouncers At Lagos Nightclub Of Assault / Burutai Flown By His Pilot Son From Sokoto To Abuja (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.