Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) (14455 Views)

You Need To Read What Aljazeera Said Minutes Ago Abt Nnamdi Kanu, Biafra (video) / Ojukwu Interview In America 1999 / See What An Israeli Woman Have To Say About Biafra(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by eduson77(m): 10:51am On Oct 08, 2012
buhahahahahahaha
grin
Eze Promoe: I don't blame the OP, i blame the level of unemployment in the country.
Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by Orblonde: 10:52am On Oct 08, 2012
Some people think that Igbos declared war on Nigeria. To break away from a country that is slautering hundreds of thousands of their people cannot be deemed a declaration of war but a simple act of self defense. Those demons who are asking Igbos to forget and move on and that all is fair in war, they should go and try and say that to Jews about hitlar and the holocaust or is the sufferings of your own african brothers that you are supposed to love inferior? That fact remains that Nigeria has done its worst to the Igbos and they are back on their feet. Once paranoid nigeria decides to open up to fairness they will simply excel, again. I think nigeria should encourage them to break away as the paranoia has held the whole nation back and enabled this terrrible corrupt system we have today. Igbo paranoia is also why we do not have a proper federal system so they can stifle the development of some parts of the country via this unitary system. Nigeria must have remeberance days like any civilised nation. We keep reading such anti-Igbo vile, so if Nigerians hate the Igbos so much what is the point of fighting a war to keep them in nigeria? If any one nation can cope on its own and become the greatest and proudest nation in the history of black africa, it is the Igbos and you can hate them all you want because of that simple truth.

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 08, 2012
Biafra Lost is Biafra Lost. War is strategy and using allies is part of warfare.
Ojukwu would have considered all these before throwing the whole region into chaos.
Granted, the North and its massacre pushed the Ibo man to the decision to secede and go into civil war. However, Ojukwu reacted the way he did from the happenings up north. I would have probably reacted the same way if I saw Ijaws Massacred anywhere. It was a hasty fight that led to defeat.
Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by nass07(m): 10:53am On Oct 08, 2012
It seems some nairalanders are very sturbon set of human beigns. Sparkling up an already dead issue early hours of today. Please be it as it may,there are still few people out there who are trying in no small measure to make Nigeria work for all of us, let's not twart the effort of these God's chosen elements- because we would be blamed for whatsoever befall our country tomorrow. And God would not spare those pessimist who destroys the effort of those patriotic Nigerians! Any time I look at the inscription NIGERIA I see a country whose promising future is still suspended in the hand of GOD while he waits to give the blessing to a generation that will listen and follow the path he expect of us. Thank u Nairalanders
Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by eduson77(m): 10:54am On Oct 08, 2012
Mummy, daddy is shaking
mummy daddy is shaking!!!

abeg,who get panadol? grin
Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by eduson77(m): 10:55am On Oct 08, 2012
madam.abeg mix peper soup and pap,
add water melon,one kpomo and two crayfish..
pour kunu join am if possible.
dabriggs: Biafra Lost is Biafra Lost. War is strategy and using allies is part of warfare.
Ojukwu would have considered all these before throwing the whole region into chaos.
Granted, the North and its massacre pushed the Ibo man to the decision to secede and go into civil war. However, Ojukwu reacted the way he did from the happenings up north. I would have probably reacted the same way if I saw Ijaws Massacred anywhere. It was a hasty fight that led to defeat.
Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by pdone: 10:58am On Oct 08, 2012
Godjone: I am not happy with Gen. Yakubu Gowon at all. He has failed 2 make genue clearification of points based on what trigger the civil war and the ceeding of bakasi penisula. 4 crying out loud, he is d only living legend dat is in best position 2 give answers and clearifications 2 many of this misconceptions abt the civil war, aburi ghana meetings, the bakasi-cameroon bi-national agreements that led to the ceeding of our territory and so many bt a few to mention. Gowon! Gowon! Gowon! Pls speak-out Nigerians are impatient and want to know what transpired.

You mentioned exactly what I have been thinking. I am not a history man but I always enjoy reading a few I can grab. I hope someone can help me answer this few questions

1.) Why is it that on nairaland, there is much hatred towards Awolowo than Gowon?
2.) Why is it that Gowon seems to be a history and no one seem to remember him but he play a great role during the war?
3.) Why is it that on this two articles regarding the war, Awolowo wasn't mentioned. The articles are http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakubu_Gowon and http://www.africamasterweb.com/BiafranWarCauses.html and yet he is much hated.
4.) Why is it that physically, Yoruba and Igbo seem to friendly with each other but online, they pour much hatred towards each other?

Anyway sentiment apart, one of the main cause of the war was because of oil and that is one of the reasons British support Nigeria. When Ojukwu was saying that, I believe he wasn't expecting that Nigeria can get much help from outsiders or he might have underestimate it.

The same reason for the Civil War and why Nigeria refuse to go separately is the same reason you and I are suffering today. And that is because of OIL. Nigeria is never a country since the three main ethnic groups have nothing in common. It is the greedy of some men that keeps you and I together.

Like I said earlier, sentiment apart, if the oil was discovered in the northern part of the country, Biafra may not want to leave but rather the Nigeria(I mean Hausa) will the the one asking to separate.

Sentiment
Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by Solozzo(m): 10:59am On Oct 08, 2012
llbhuds: the funny thing is that all these boys(now fathers) keeps on telling their kids different lies all in the name of becoming a freedom fighter. i wonder when the ibos will realized that this man was thirsty for personal recognition then because he was less that 45ys and wants to rule a country.

How old was Gowon when he became head of state? Ojukwu was not a saint but if you remember the genocide propagated against the Igbos (tens of thousands killed by the admin of Gowon), before the war broke out, any reasonable leader would secede for security reasons, just like south Sudan today. I don't know why Gowon fought to bring Igbos back perhaps because they know Nigeria cannot survive without the ND region.
Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by eduson77(m): 11:03am On Oct 08, 2012
hey bro,
i discovered that,tom cannot do without jerry.
i think,we are just displaying our love.

moreover,
we have no time for that.

Nigeria is going down daily..let us uphold it rather than bullshiting online.

its time the youths react over these rude acts (newton)

pdone:

You mentioned exactly what I have been thinking. I am not a history man but I always enjoy reading a few I can grab. I hope someone can help me answer this few questions

1.) Why is it that on nairaland, there is much hatred towards Awolowo than Gowon?
2.) Why is it that Gowon seems to be a history and no one seem to remember him but he play a great role during the war?
3.) Why is it that on this two articles regarding the war, Awolowo wasn't mentioned. The articles are http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakubu_Gowon and http://www.africamasterweb.com/BiafranWarCauses.html and yet he is much hated.
4.) Why is it that physically, Yoruba and Igbo seem to friendly with each other but online, they pour much hatred towards each other?

Anyway sentiment apart, one of the main cause of the war was because of oil and that is one of the reasons British support Nigeria. When Ojukwu was saying that, I believe he wasn't expecting that Nigeria can get much help from outsiders or he might have underestimate it.

The same reason for the Civil War and why Nigeria refuse to go separately is the same reason you and I are suffering today. And that is because of OIL. Nigeria is never a country since the three main ethnic groups have nothing in common. It is the greedy of some men that keeps you and I together.

Like I said earlier, sentiment apart, if the oil was discovered in the northern part of the country, Biafra may not want to leave but rather the Nigeria(I mean Hausa) will the the one asking to separate.

Sentiment
Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by luc26(f): 11:12am On Oct 08, 2012
@op u gat nthn 2 do wit ur tym dis morning!u want 2 start anoda biafra war on NL am sure bt u won't succeed.d ibos wud ve won d war if dere wznt a sabo(awo and his cohorts) and d gullible ones(south south)who turned dere backs on dere brothers bt 4 hw many pieces of silver if I may ask Mschwww !next topic plz
Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by seal777(m): 11:12am On Oct 08, 2012
This is surely a fallout of the CHINUA ACHEBE'S onslaught on AWOLOWO on his role during and after the Civil War in his just released book :There Was a Country: A Personal History of Biafra by Chinua Achebe.

HE JUST WOKE THE SLEEPING DOG.

Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by eduson77(m): 11:15am On Oct 08, 2012
Breaking news!!!
the price of garri has just decreased
seal777: This is surely a fallout of the CHINUA ACHEBE'S onslaught on AWOLOWO on his role during and after the Civil War in his just released book :There Was a Country: A Personal History of Biafra by Chinua Achebe.

HE JUST WOKE THE SLEEPING DOG.
Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by wellmax(m): 11:19am On Oct 08, 2012
Greenslim: Let talk about the present, the past has gone.

Please tell that to Achebe
Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by Ozonna(m): 11:22am On Oct 08, 2012
Wislet: IF YOU KNOW YOU ARE IGBO, IGNORE THIS MEANINGLESS THREAD.
Do not dignify it with a reply- front page or not.
If anyone wants to fight, let him engage the dog at his backyard.
What ridiculous behaviour.

Ndibe anyi,kindly obey this post please!!! No matter the provocvation pls ignore

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by eduson77(m): 11:28am On Oct 08, 2012
Madam,abeg mix pepper soup and pap,
add ginger and water melon.
spray some kunu on top if possible..
no time

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by CrazyMan(m): 11:34am On Oct 08, 2012
CyberG: This interview gives a glimpse of ojuku's thoughts before the civil war. Although he appears to be speaking with confidence, it is clear today that all that bravado was empty posturing, like most ibos still do today.
Why do you habour this kind of mentality?

Ojukwu only defended his people.

He was fearless and disciplined. Served both nigerian and Biafran army spotlessly. Took on the federal government backed by the world powers and floored them in Aburi with his intellectual and oratoral power. Example of an excellent leader

Not Corrupt and Charitable. Before, during and after the civil war no one accused him of corruption which none of our politician could boast of today.

Born by a British knight and a multimillionaire father of those days and not millionaires of today, had the best in life, would have avoided the war to go and enjoy his father's wealth and would have been the richest man in africa if he had inherited his father's wealth but rather chose to finance the war for his people with his father's wealth which i myself don't think i can do. Awesome sacrifice indeed.

Originator of due process and not tribalistic. He objected and refused to accept Yakubu Gowon as the head of state because due process was not followed even though the second in command to take over was a yoruba man. What a nationalist.

Stop being irrational an take your time to get facts before making any posts.

CyberG: This is not the most important thing to take away from this interview. It is noteworthy to state the following:

1. Ojuku said the ibos have for a LONG time been prepared for war, and that they are READY.
If the british and america didn't inter vain, his boast would have become a reality.

CyberG: 2. He also said that the Nigerians are going to be surprised about what they will get, meaning they will be completely BEATEN.
Would you claim that Nigerians weren't surprised at the strenght of the igbos during the early stages of the war?

CyberG: 3. He also stated that the WAR will not last long.
Mind you, gowon made this claim. He (gowon) said the war would last for three months.

So if you decide to blame ojukwu for not keeping his word, gowon shouldn't skip your list of criticism.

CyberG: So, I ask ibos who are still defending this man, what was his plan for the war, REALLY? Ojuku, like most ibos, underestimate most other Nigerians in their intelligence, smarts, grit, business acumen which is really not a preserve of a tribe! It is an individual thing for in a family, one son can be very driven while the other is not so driven. That is why it is wisdom not to generalize.
Your posts keep exposing how brainless you are.

If you claim we (igbos) are defend a coward, then kindly explain the term we should use to classify someone who at 11, slapped a white British colonial teacher for humiliating a Nigerian woman at King’s College in Lagos, where he (Ojukwu) was a student”. 

If you still maintain your stand that he (Ojukwu) is a coward, then explain why He refused to recognize Gowon’s leadership? Why did he defend General Ogundipe (a yoruba man) and not himself for presidency?

Its obvious that hatred has blinded your better judgement, hence your deluded posts.

CyberG: Back to the issue, can people who claim to be biafra soldiers tell Nigerians how they were prepared and if NOT, was it all about propaganda, hoping people will buy any lies, or the violence that ojuku brought will not be reciprocated by courageous, strong, brilliant and patriotic Nigerian Forces and civilians? I like to hear honest and logical opinions.
What honest and logical opinions are you looking forward to hear when your heart towards the Igbos is as black as this post you've just made?

8 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 08, 2012
eduson77:
Number 3
bros! I dey for your back joor!

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by KINGwax(m): 11:36am On Oct 08, 2012
Ikengawo: Biafra had ground and air superiority over the Nigerian Army and had used this to reach Lagos. I was then that Britian, Egypt, the US, and Russia began fighting for the Nigerian Army.
The Biafran war showed the incompetence of Nigeria as a nation. It's written in history.
it has been said. All of it! U Igbos jes brag!!!
Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by tintingz(m): 11:38am On Oct 08, 2012
Ojukwu and his evil war that lost many souls :-
Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 08, 2012
eduson77: Mummy, daddy is shaking
mummy daddy is shaking!!!

abeg,who get panadol? grin
oh see my shaky shaky daddy! grin

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 08, 2012
eduson77: Madam,abeg mix pepper soup and pap,
add ginger and water melon.
spray some kunu on top if possible..
no time
then make you come put am for freezer make e block! You wan try pepper soup ice cream? grin
Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by eduson77(m): 11:46am On Oct 08, 2012
buhahahaha
grin
berem: then make you come put am for freezer make e block! You wan try pepper soup ice cream? grin
Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by gbadexy(m): 11:58am On Oct 08, 2012
ndu_chucks: Apparently, the OP is not knowledgeable of the idea of propaganda as a tool of war. OP's conclusions are completely erroneous and not sensible

I'm a proper yoruba boy and will defend my tribe vehemently when unjustly insulted.
Having said that, I couldn't agree with you less, sentiments aside, objective and logical reasoning applied, propaganda is even the most effective war tool and ojukwu used it effectively.
If his bravado had worked, nigerian government would have resulted into dialogue and the war would have been averted.
It was also the part of the propaganda to make his people fight that he said the hausas want to do jihad and wipe them out so that they would fight to their last breath to prevent annihilation. It was also the propaganda to taunt yorubas into war against the federal government thereby overwhelming it that they started the coward phrase, they have never had any confrontation with yorubas to ideally conclude so.
Iraq, libya and even iran all parade their weapons and soldier all in a bid to deter external aggressor and give the impression of might even though the weapons may be obsolete.
Intellectuals use propaganda more than brute force to deter enemy or boost troops morale to fight.

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by reporter1: 11:59am On Oct 08, 2012
[size=14pt]Igbos are all brawn but no brains thinking you can fight a war with bravado and empty chest beating.
When the shi-t hits fan, didn't the king of Igbos run away crossdressed like a bitach?
Anyone who considers this coward a hero has had his brain laundered.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by eduson77(m): 12:00pm On Oct 08, 2012
you need to go back to primary 2..at your age,you have not learnt the spelling of IGBO.

okoro
reporter?:
[size=14pt]Igbos are all brawn but no brains thinking you can fight a war with bravado and empty chest beating.
When the shi-t hits fan, didn't the king of Igbos run away crossdressed like a bitach?
Anyone who considers this coward a hero has had his brain laundered.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by 4chi: 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2012
Ha! Ha!ha! See omo ole ike eba gburugburu dey run hin mouth anyhow...veeery typical. He don tey wey gorilla dey beat dem chest inside bush. You would have expected the ibos to learn from this, but for where? They are still all about beating their chests all over the cyberspace.
Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 08, 2012
Igbos!!! Igbos!! Igbos!!! Call the senile Achebe to order....He is in a far safer America.
Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by Osiris211: 12:08pm On Oct 08, 2012
The old senile crippled fool called achebe murdered sleep. He thought he had monopoly of writing rubbish to the extent of trying to drag the legendary Awowolo to the gutter. we have for long overlooked their propaganda, but the gentility of the tiger does not in a way implies simplicity.

The called us names, bragged openly and defamed our people; even when 70% of their people feed from our region. They tried on several occasions to bully us into accepting their ethnocentric agenda and failed.

Secondly, Ojukwu was just a power drunk, chest beating, egocentric maniac that chooses to sacrificed his people to achieve his ambition. How could any sane person prosecute a war with zero chances of winning? The old senile bigoted goat called achebe didn't see anything to write about Ojukwu and the coup his fellow brothers ensured killing every other regional leaders leaving thiers to escaped.

They murdered Akintola, Sardauna, Tafawa Balewa, Sir Kashim and other fine gentlemen from mid west but allowed Nnamdi Azikwe, Michael Okpara to escape. What were they thinking when they murdered Akintola? nights of thousand laugh?

what were they expecting from northerners after killing Sardauna in cold blood and even went ahead to print T-shirts and released a musical album celebrating the murder of the finest gentlemen the northern region could ever produce?

I guess this is just the beginning and the sleeping lion has just been awoken . The next level for us is to take a proactive measure to purge our region from these ungrateful beg bugs.

Next time, the brainless ediots will surely have a rethink before writing trash.

7 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 08, 2012
eduson77: Breaking news!!!
the price of garri has just decreased
you no know say beans don cost now? A derica of beans is sold for 300naira as we speak! Shey na dat one go make me no chop beans again? Whosai! I must chop beans wella! Nothing do me.
Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 08, 2012
Writing fiction and children story books is quiet a less daunting task as writing fact from a safe distance of an impartial observer.
Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by eduson77(m): 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2012
OPEN YOU CNN AND SEE WITH ME..
NIGERIANS IN UK ARE ON RIOT RIGHT NOW OVER THE BEANS AND GARRI ISSUE.
berem: you no know say beans don cost now? A derica of beans is sold for 300naira as we speak! Shey na dat one go make me no chop beans again? Whosai! I must chop beans wella! Nothing do me.
Re: Ojukwu's Interview Just Before Biafra (VIDEO) by safarigirl(f): 12:24pm On Oct 08, 2012
pdone:

Sentiment
Bros, I ask myself this everyday, if there is any tribe that inter marries the most it's Yoruba and Ibo, after Se and SS, so why the enmity?
These tribes are closer to each other than the Hausas, it's when I got to NL that I saw the bile brewing beneath all the niceties, it's like you're in a whole new world.

Yet, these same people will gossip at work, share peace of the Lord at church, gang up to make fun of the aboki at school, visit the club together, then marry into each other's families...heck, they even joke about the whole ofe mmanu talk.

then you come online and people are venting their frustrations at each other and looking for any excuse to make the other look bad, this could mean that most Nigerians are two-faced, and this is not in any way good for our image. Na wa we

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The People's Choice: The Story Of President Goodluck Jonathan / Sans Resolve To Tackle FGN Over Onnoghen, Usoro’s Trial / 'Shonekan Saved The Ship Of State From Sinking': Buhari, Jonathan Lead Tributes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.