Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians (15445 Views)

Jude Ndukwe: An Open Letter To Mbaka / Funny Questions Nigerian Christians Ask Atheists.. / Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by da091(m): 1:17pm On Oct 08, 2012
Fellow Nairalanders,
Let me start by saying though am a muslim but then in the Holy Quran no where whatsoever as stated kill non-muslims as stated or perceived by some nairalanders. However,no genue muslim will be happy seeing,hearing or even experiencing this devilish act by this sect.And moreso,I never believe some christains have such view about my religion let alone me as a person, what is this world really turning to? Hmmmm Am in a mind dilema as this post had opened opinions of christains concerning WE MUSLIM...... It really disheartening O ALLAH FORGIVE US ALL
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2012
QueenAw:

Shoo, see me see trouble o! Do you think Muslims too are not scared of this terrorists? Some of our scholars have spoken out against them dear. Our men in the military along with others are fighting the terrorists. We are here too condemning their acts. If the government with all it's resources & America are having difficulties eradicating them completely, do you honestly think it is unarmed Muslims that can? Have you not heard they kill Muslims that oppose them as well? If Muslims rise & start fighting them & some innocent lives are lost in crossfire wouldn't that ignite a religious war? Biko, let's leave the authorities to fight. We can only condemn and that's what we do when some Christians give us the chance to without insulting our religion.

These people act based on their understanding of Islam and what Islam expects of them. If their action doesn't represent Islam, then they are insulting Islam. Nothing else give Islam a bad name as much as Islamic terrorism. If muslims who know these people are doing nothing out of cowardice, then you can expect the perception of Islam as a violent religion to continue. Unarmed muslims find it easy to kill over a movie in the US or cartoons in Denmark, but can't do anything about the biggest insults on ther religion in their own backyard, abi? Abeg u all are the same jor.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by texbaba1: 1:22pm On Oct 08, 2012
I appreciate your efforts in writing this letter to us, we already know that not all adherents of islam are boko haram inclined. What worries us is the insisant re-occurence without your imams or religious leaders saying anything about it or doing anyhing to stop it. so first of all that gives u away, as in it makes us believe that u all approve of it as silence constitutes acceptance. Moreso, the problem with islam has is indoctrination, and mis interpretation of certain verses in the qran to suit their wicked acts.
from what uve said, u tlkd about unjustified killing been wrong. does that mean in islam, killing is allowed if u can justify it? then it boils down to justification and i tell u justifying killing is the easiest thing. i think what you in islam shld be preaching is that killing is bad, whether justifiable or not...you cant give life, why take another mans' life because u can justify it? If islam blieves in judgment, then u shld leave judgment to God.
As a christian, from what i know about islam, it is a religion of peace. but if some people are rubbishing the image of the religion, then islamic authorities should do something drastic about it, not aiding nd abeting it by keeping quiet.
Lastly as a word of advice; if u want to islamise a people thers nothing wrong with it but how u go about it is what matters. go and evangelise, preach the good things they stand to gain by by becoming a muslim, let them know how their life would be changed positively by been a muslim nd then let them decide genuinely, as in make it interesting and not by way of jihad, killing innocent people in the name of islamising.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by texbaba1: 1:22pm On Oct 08, 2012
I appreciate your efforts in writing this letter to us, we already know that not all adherents of islam are boko haram inclined. What worries us is the insisant re-occurence without your imams or religious leaders saying anything about it or doing anyhing to stop it. so first of all that gives u away, as in it makes us believe that u all approve of it as silence constitutes acceptance. Moreso, the problem with islam has is indoctrination, and mis interpretation of certain verses in the qran to suit their wicked acts.
from what uve said, u tlkd about unjustified killing been wrong. does that mean in islam, killing is allowed if u can justify it? then it boils down to justification and i tell u justifying killing is the easiest thing. i think what you in islam shld be preaching is that killing is bad, whether justifiable or not...you cant give life, why take another mans' life because u can justify it? If islam blieves in judgment, then u shld leave judgment to God.
As a christian, from what i know about islam, it is a religion of peace. but if some people are rubbishing the image of the religion, then islamic authorities should do something drastic about it, not aiding nd abeting it by keeping quiet.
Lastly as a word of advice; if u want to islamise a people thers nothing wrong with it but how u go about it is what matters. go and evangelise, preach the good things they stand to gain by by becoming a muslim, let them know how their life would be changed positively by been a muslim nd then let them decide genuinely, as in make it interesting and not by way of jihad, killing innocent people in the name of islamising.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Circle360: 1:29pm On Oct 08, 2012
@ stagger and co. He had laid down the facts wich are true to u, so blieve it or not its ur own cup of akamu. Go on quating the Bible about am sure another Pastor will tag u wrng for thats nt the meaning of such a vas'. The major problems are #1 media and press: wich are d source of all d info abt wats happng around the world they make u blv what they want u 2 blv bt logcl reasn shld gv u and insight that d fact thats fighting is going on in an islamic state and pple are been killd do nt mean that such a fight are religous, politics and economic facts also do trigger fight #2 you have faild to reasn why is it that islmic world are fighting with the western world? partly because u are blind by the prest and ur selfishnes wich the west cntrol. And if u claimd that xtian are killd by muslims ofcouse even i cn gve u such incednt wher xtians atack muslims bt muslim. U dnt lyk the truth then go 2 hell.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by seunajia: 1:34pm On Oct 08, 2012
Snippets from the last sermon of the prophet Muhammed (SAW):

O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have right over you. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers.

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. You know that every Muslim is the brother of another Muslim. Remember, one day you will appear before Allah and answer for your deeds. So beware, do not astray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly.

Even as the fingers of the two hands are equal, so are human beings equal to one another. No one has any right, nor any preference to claim over another. You are brothers

Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever has not kindness, has not faith.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 08, 2012
the person that post dis should go to hell, i dnt care, so far una quaran tell you guys to fight against people dat doesnt believe in una quaran, u pple are muderers....muslim pple are muderers....our bible tells us 2 pray and preach to unbelievers nd nt killing them..
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 08, 2012
the person that post dis should go to hell, i dnt care, so far una quaran tell you guys to fight against people dat doesnt believe in una quaran, u pple are muderers....
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by cinammon(f): 1:56pm On Oct 08, 2012
to be very candid,i hope the OP reads dis comment....i am a christian and sincerely not biased and religiously minded when it has to do wit livin peacefully with human beings lyk me(not mindin colour,tongue,race or religion) i am from the northern part of this country and because of the kind of work my dad does,we hav happened to live in most of the northern states...am sayin all dis so u wud knw dat i know fully well wot am abt to say...majority of my frends are muslims and also being beautiful hasnt really bin easy cos i tend to have tonnes of muslim guys around (both frends nd dos ones u hav to jus smile to in d name of bein polite).muslims especially up north believe that because of their religion,dey r superior beings generally (i can stand on dis statement any day,anytime)an average muslim can b ur very gud frend buh wen it coms to matters of religion dey dont jus want to feel all humans r equal...it is not boko haram dat started dis killings so u dnt feel islams is tagged because of BH. Dis killins hav bin dated way back..in d north,wen ders any little disagreement btw a muslim nd christian once all dos muslim guys gather,dey dont evn want to hear ur side of d story because to dem u r a 'KAFIRI' or 'ARNA' (minin fugitive,vagabond,or a bastard)dey jus feel because u r nt lyk dem den u r @fault and lord hav mercy if u dnt get out der fast,u'l hav a story to tell....it is a common and generally accepted principle to dem....d funny thing is a bike man hittin ur car from d bac nd dentin it,yet in a snap dey hav gathered and u will pay from heaven to earth....dey hav dis pressumed hatred 4 hu eva..my mum used to warn us wen we wer growin up to b careful of our associations cos in d event of any heat up,dos ppl u play wit will b d 1st to point out dat dey hav som christian frends (no trust).well since dey bliv dat in doin dat dey will b highly rewarded in heaven,wot do u expect..(brain washed)..there are lots of exceptions to this tho buh it is owed to civilisation and literacy..cos d educated ones and exposed ones dnt hav such mind sets nd evn wen dey do,dey dont show it...i had a muslim bf once nd it was a gud relationship buh i was very young nd dis guy was a bit older...afta 2yrs i discovered he had anoda gf hu is a muslim..he was hurt dat i found out buh his frends and siblings hu hav all bin so sweet to me started influencin him..as bad as commentin on fbuk nd twita,tellin dier broda not to waste his tym hurtin 4 a cmon gurl hu is not a muslim,dt deyr in support of d oda gurl because is is a muslim nd dat if he rili luvs me dat much,dey wud allow him mk me his 2nd wyf nd convert me...(i laff)i still got my dignity intact nd wudnt let som brainwashed fool talk abt me lyk dat...i addressesd dem properly and moved on...well dats how things go der...i can go on and on buh i dnt wana bore u guys...so OP u might b d free willed muslim buh dat dosnt min dat it is a general phenomenon....
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by freecocoa(f): 2:05pm On Oct 08, 2012
Come all you people saying rubbish about only a few muslims giving the religion a bad name should STFU cos y'all don't know what you are saying, which few? Just who told you that the evil ones amongst them are few? Bia Afam4ever akpasukwana'm iwe, kedu ife na eme gi sef? Nna take kwa time o.

If anything sef, the good ones are few, since y'all claim there are just a few bad eggs spoiling una name, why can't the good ones stop them? I thought there's strength in number, how come very few evil people has been reigning and shining over the good ones for ages? You people should respect yourselves and say the truth for once, islam is violent and condones it so stop trying to put up appearances ojare.
Afam e kwuo rubbish ebea ozo, walai I go e-slap you. angry

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by cinammon(f): 2:06pm On Oct 08, 2012
da091: Fellow Nairalanders,
Let me start by saying though am a muslim but then in the Holy Quran no where whatsoever as stated kill non-muslims as stated or perceived by some nairalanders. However,no genue muslim will be happy seeing,hearing or even experiencing this devilish act by this sect.And moreso,I never believe some christains have such view about my religion let alone me as a person, what is this world really turning to? Hmmmm Am in a mind dilema as this post had opened opinions of christains concerning WE MUSLIM...... It really disheartening O ALLAH FORGIVE US ALL

i should guess u havnt bin reading ur quran very well....i'm a christian tho buh cos i grew up in d north, i hav a knowledge of d quran....to me,d whole buk is contradictory (i humbly stand to b corrected) no offences (we r entitled to our opinions) buh i'l giv u references......
In Surah 73:10 God tells Mohammad to be patient with his opponents, "Be patient with what they say, and part from them courteously". While in Surah 2:191 God orders him to kill his opponents, "kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from wherever they drove you out." In Surah 2:256 God tells Mohammad not to impose Islam by force, "There is no compulsion in religion", Then again in verse 193 He tells his messenger to kill whoever rejects Islam, "Fight them until there is no persecution and the religion is God's". In Surah 29:45 God tells Mohammad to speak nicely to people of the Book (Christians and Jews), "Argue with people of the book, other than evil doers, only by means of what are better! and say, we believe in what has been sent down to us and sent down to you. Our God is the same as your God, and we are surrendered to Him." But in Surah 9:29 Allah tells him to fight the people of the Book, "Fight those who do not believe in God and the last day... and fight People of the Book, who do not accept the religion of truth (Islam) until they pay tribute by hand, being inferior".

NOW WIT ALL THESE,D GUD MUSLIMS HAV SCRIPTURAL BACKINGS AND THE BAD MUSLIMS ALSO HAV SCRIPTURES TO BAC DEM UP.... SAD!!! SO I GES U SHUD B READIN UR HOLY BUK MORE OFTEN (GOOGLE IS FREE)AND ASK GOD TO GIV U UNDASTANDIN
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Limaoscar: 2:08pm On Oct 08, 2012
Pray tell, what percentage of muslims kill? 10%? 40? 80? Or is it 100%?

How many muslims have you met in PERSON that oppose Basic's truths?

How many Nairalanders support/endorse the killings? IDs?

Stop spreading falsehood. Fear God! What's your aim? Give a dog an ill name to hang it?

Whatever is wrong with the world requires we all come together to correct it. [b]Some people in Aluu incurred our collective rots by murdering those young men in cold blood, and no one is running around saying Christians are vampires. Why? We know a zillion christians who oppose that unGodly act![/b]It's the end-time anyway.

PS: I'm still waiting for some of those people begging to be sent that Aluu video to come here. *brings out koboko* Naughty children

You are completely out-of-line, neighbor!!

How does coming from Aluu or Rivers state translate or equate to being a Xtian. It's like saying there was a crime committed in Sokoto and you instinctively think it has to be some Moslem....wrong, absolutely wrong!! it is this sort myopic and Insularly skweed thinking that leads some moslems up North to Kill their Southern Compatriot at every opportunity among many other misleading reasons!
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 08, 2012
papa giddy: let that part in d quran that instruct muslims to kill christains be remove first then we can talk,coz any muslim is a potential killer !

there is no such verse and if you claim otherwise then show me and i wil prove you wrong
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by baysol: 2:16pm On Oct 08, 2012
If you really feel so bad and remorseful about the destruction of your fellow muslims, we have heard you. But then do what is right convert to christianity as Christ love you and will take you as his disciple no matter what only if you are truely repentant. Different from convert to a religion willy nilly ehn?
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by cinammon(f): 2:22pm On Oct 08, 2012
plappville:

[size=14pt](John 16:1-4) 1“All this I have told you so that you will not go astray. 2They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God. 3They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me. 4I have told you this, so that when the time comes you will remember that I warned you. I did not tell you this at first because I was with you.[/size]

Its not only in Nigeria, Its a worldwide killing, you cannot stop it. what does this verse say? Muslims believe they kill for ALLAH abi?

i officially love u 4 dis little buh sweet write up
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by cinammon(f): 2:24pm On Oct 08, 2012
Discordia:

there is no such verse and if you claim otherwise then show me and i wil prove you wrong

In Surah 73:10 God tells Mohammad to be patient with his opponents, "Be patient with what they say, and part from them courteously". While in Surah 2:191 God orders him to kill his opponents, "kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from wherever they drove you out." In Surah 2:256 God tells Mohammad not to impose Islam by force, "There is no compulsion in religion", Then again in verse 193 He tells his messenger to kill whoever rejects Islam, "Fight them until there is no persecution and the religion is God's". In Surah 29:45 God tells Mohammad to speak nicely to people of the Book (Christians and Jews), "Argue with people of the book, other than evil doers, only by means of what are better! and say, we believe in what has been sent down to us and sent down to you. Our God is the same as your God, and we are surrendered to Him." But in Surah 9:29 Allah tells him to fight the people of the Book, "Fight those who do not believe in God and the last day... and fight People of the Book, who do not accept the religion of truth (Islam) until they pay tribute by hand, being inferior".

I CANT WAIT FOR YOU TO PROVE DIS CONTRADICTION WRONG.....URS SINCERELY

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 08, 2012
cinammon:

i should guess u havnt bin reading ur quran very well....i'm a christian tho buh cos i grew up in d north, i hav a knowledge of d quran....to me,d whole buk is contradictory (i humbly stand to b corrected) no offences (we r entitled to our opinions) buh i'l giv u references......

NOW WIT ALL THESE,D GUD MUSLIMS HAV SCRIPTURAL BACKINGS AND THE BAD MUSLIMS ALSO HAV SCRIPTURES TO BAC DEM UP.... SAD!!! SO I GES U SHUD B READIN UR HOLY BUK MORE OFTEN (GOOGLE IS FREE)AND ASK GOD TO GIV U UNDASTANDIN

maybe you never heard the quran was revealed from time to time eh? Different verses revealed at different places and time for different conditions , get it ? So nothing contradict anything
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by theplanmaker: 2:28pm On Oct 08, 2012
Op u wud b correct if dis violenc was limited 2 a few group muslims, but u nd i knw d truth, anywere dere r muslims dere tend 2 b violence and intolerance, i mean check d middle east, north africa nd northern nigeria, u ll agree with me dat dis is not just a small group, but a large percentage of d entire muslim population. It leads 2 logical conclusion dat islam is violent!!
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by victme1(m): 2:32pm On Oct 08, 2012
Basic: In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful. May peace be upon whosoever follows guidance.

I advise every reader of this piece – Christians especially – to read with a plain mind that is free of any prejudice or stereotypes. This missive is addressed mainly at Christians and adherents of other religions in this country as well as any Muslim who may help spread word of it.

It is quite saddening that Boko Haram has done, in the name of Islam, so much evil that the average non-Muslim now has a very ugly perception of the religion and its adherents.

Though the Nigerian media has sometimes gone overboard in their reports (for instance, news spread months ago that a Boko Haram instigated bomb blast occurred in Bauchi, only for the Police to state later that the heard explosion was that of a faulty transformer and not a bomb), this piece does not seek to defend the acts of Boko Haram (in fact, it strongly disapproves of their acts). So, please don't start forming opinions yet.

Read this piece to the end, as it hoped that it would help extinguish the fire of inter-religious animosity raging in our society today – by means of these clarifications:

Clarification #1

You Christians have known we Muslims for years, and you have lived with us for years as well. I’m sure the Muslims you first knew or grew up with never told you that Islam permits unjust killings – not even of non-Muslims. They won't, because they never believed such. If that were part of their belief, they would certainly have attempted killing you. So, their peaceful co-existence with you shows that they had nothing of such as their belief.

But suddenly came a strange group of "Muslims" who kill in the name of Islam. Yet, you conclude that these "vampires" are following the dictates of Islam. Which Islam? A new version of Islam?

So, it is either Boko Haram members are practising a strange Islam or are not practising Islam at all. But the truth remains that our religion has never and will never undergo any kind of metamorphosis. And whatever is not part of it from the outset will never be regarded as being part of it today!

Since unjust, unlawful killings were never part of Islam, they will never be part of Islam, and any individual or group that practices such – even in the name of Islam – will ‘never’ be regarded as Muslims or as fighting for Islam.

Clarification #2

I do see Christians quote Quranic verses inciting Muslims to fight the non-believers. And I have these to say:

Just as you hold that many verses in the Bible have underlying meanings that are beyond the literal implications, we Muslims also hold the same in regards to the Quran. The Quran contains many verses whose meanings are subject to interpretations other than the literal.

So, I advise every truth-seeking non-Muslim to refrain from quoting Quranic verses without deep understanding of the circumstances behind their revelation.

As for the wars fought by the early Muslims, various circumstances led to these, and going into a detailed discussion will be digressive and will make this piece lengthier.

However, know that the wars propagated by the Muslims of old had many strong reasons behind them. And looking at history, no civilisation or revolution came to be without some struggle.

Now the truth: in Nigeria of today, there are NO justifications whatsoever for any Muslim – individual or group – to kill non-Muslims unjustly. In fact, from what I've learned about this religion, NONE – yes, NONE – of the conditions that permit Muslims to fight (such as if they are facing aggression from non-Muslims, and if they are in an Islamic state) is present in the Nigeria of today. Therefore, anyone fighting in the name of Islam is either doing that out of misindoctrination, crass ignorance, or for ulterior reasons.

Once again, Nigeria is not an Islamic state, and no Muslim – except for the misindoctrinated, ignorant, or hypocritical – is permitted to fight in the name of religion.

Clarification #3

Any Muslim individual or group that claims to be fighting for Islam by way of unjust, unwarranted killings is not following the dictates of ‘the’ Islam - and that is even if such were Muslims in the first place.

In a Quranic verse, which, interestingly, those Christians who have never stopped dissecting the Quran never quote, Allah says:

"Allah never forbids you from dealing justly and kindly with those who do not fight you based on your religion and who do not drive you out of your homes. Verily Allah loves those who deal with others with equity" – Quran 60 verse 8.

This verse drives home the fact that Muslims living amidst non-Muslims (in a non-Islamic state) should never fight them except in self-defence.

In another verse, Allah describes the sanctity life in these words:

"Because of that, we ordained for the Children of Israel that anyone who spreads mischief in the land by killing another person unjustly, and not out of retaliation, it would be as if he had killed all of mankind. And if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind" – Quran 5 verse 32.

So, Islam honours life and is totally against taking it unjustly.

Clarification #4

It would be illogical for any Muslim, after having observed some wrongdoing by a Christian or group of Christians, to conclude that Christianity preaches that wrong act or that all Christians approve of it.

Similarly, it contradicts logic for any Christian, after having observed some wrongdoing by some individuals or groups who claim to be Muslims, to conclude that Islam preaches that wrong act or that all Muslims approve of it.

Get it clear: We Muslims – who really understand the true message of Islam – are totally against the terrorist acts of these bloodsucking "Muslim" groups. In fact, we doubt their being Muslims in the first place. And if they were, either they lost touch of the pristine Islam by getting themselves misindoctrinated, or they are not sincere in their cause (i.e. they have ulterior motives).

Clarification #5

While it is natural for the adherents of any religion to feel enraged when the supreme deity, as held by that religion, is insulted, it is irrational for the adherents to go beyond bounds in their quest for justice – especially when this will involve greater evils like shedding the blood of the innocent.

However, Christians should stop spewing insults at Allah, His Messenger, and at Muslims as a whole. In the Qur'an, Allah has clearly forbidden Muslims from insulting non-Muslims and their religion (Quran 6 verse 108). So, Muslims too should refrain from doing this.

Also, it is far from ideal that a Muslim, in "retaliation" of blasphemy, goes wild, killing innocent lives and destroying property.

Final note

We Muslims are disheartened by the activities of these radicals, and on behalf of every Muslim in this country with a sound, unadulterated Islamic ideology, I state that we are proud of our religion, and we totally and openly disapprove of the acts of BH and their sponsors.

We pray that Allah vindicates His religion by exposing, humiliating, and destroying any individual or group perpetrating evil in the name of Islam.

We also pray that Allah restores peace and security in this country, and make it a haven of tranquility for all – Muslims, Christians, Pagans, and Atheists.

Finally, I advise every person who wishes to study Islam sincerely to look only into authentic sources and try to avoid the press, ignorant and biased non-Muslims, and other sources of baseless gainsay.

Spread word of this piece. Feel free to share with others through any available media. Hopefully, it will help reduce the inter-religious animosity that is thickening in Nigeria today.
Hmm Bros! i feel you! and i belived that this Bkh are not real muslims. they are following their Leaders instruction which are politically mtivate to cause havoc in the country. but please if you can get to them, pls tell them this. To desist from fighthing under the umbrella of Islam.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Navi(m): 2:32pm On Oct 08, 2012
musKeeto:

Mr. Stagger and his foolish lies...

@Op: Good write up. Those who want to hear, let them hear.

Im against Yahweh and Allah btw.. those who bomb in allah's name are not killed by Allah, those who are bombed in churches are not protected by Yahweh..
two powerless gods whose 'strength' lies in the action of their mmembers..
. SMH for somebody like u...it's only a fool dat says in his heart dat there is no God. God ll visit BH soon...watch out
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 08, 2012
freecocoa: Come all you people saying rubbish about only a few muslims giving the religion a bad name should STFU cos y'all don't know what you are saying, which few? Just who told you that the evil ones amongst them are few? Bia Afam4ever akpasukwana'm iwe, kedu ife na eme gi sef? Nna take kwa time o.

If anything sef, the good ones are few, since y'all claim there are just a few bad eggs spoiling una name, why can't the good ones stop them? I thought there's strength in number, how come very few evil people has been reigning and shining over the good ones for ages? You people should respect yourselves and say the truth for once, islam is violent and condones it so stop trying to put up appearances ojare.

chukwu gozie nwa oma...amaromu udiri ogwu oke afam ññuru were na akoyeri ife ndia afu ona akoyeri
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by seunajia: 2:35pm On Oct 08, 2012
Limaoscar:

You are completely out-of-line, neighbor!!

How does coming from Aluu or Rivers state translate or equate to being a Xtian. It's like saying there was a crime committed in Sokoto and you instinctively think it has to be some Moslem....wrong, absolutely wrong!! it is this sort myopic and Insularly skweed thinking that leads some moslems up North to Kill their Southern Compatriot at every opportunity among many other misleading reasons!

This is the general fallacy most of us commit without knowing-- nay, with deceit! So we all can see how it feels. I wanted to rewrite that part but thought against it. Not every Aluu indigene is a Christian, not every Muslim is a terrorist. Some people in Aluu were misguided, some muslims are misguided.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Afam4eva(m): 2:36pm On Oct 08, 2012
freecocoa: Come all you people saying rubbish about only a few muslims giving the religion a bad name should STFU cos y'all don't know what you are saying, which few? Just who told you that the evil ones amongst them are few? Bia Afam4ever akpasukwana'm iwe, kedu ife na eme gi sef? Nna take kwa time o.

I hope you won't go on the offensive when someone opens a thread and say that girls are goldiggers. The problem i have with people is that they don't treat other people the way they want to be treated. Don't the goose and gander deserve an equal treatment? If we agree with you that Islam is violent, what are you now going to say about the Aluu villagers who maimed those boys to death. Are they muslims too. The only difference is that those villagers didn't claim to be representing any God but what they did is evil anyways and most if not all of them are Christians.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by seunajia: 2:58pm On Oct 08, 2012
afam4eva:
I hope you won't go on the offensive when someone opens a thread and say that girls are goldiggers. The problem i have with people is that they don't treat other people the way they want to be treated. Don't the goose and gander deserve an equal treatment? If we agree with you that Islam is violent, what are you now going to say about the Aluu villagers who maimed those boys to death. Are they muslims too. The only difference is that those villagers didn't claim to be representing any God but what they did is evil anyways and most if not all of them are Christians.

If only we all can think like this.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Ndeewonu: 3:01pm On Oct 08, 2012
@OP
Pls, What is "JIHAD?"
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by rushj(m): 3:23pm On Oct 08, 2012
stagger: OP,

When you have people killing innocent people in the name of your religion, nothing you say here will change anything. I have friends who were killed by muslims in several religious riots in the name of your religion. SO personally, there is nothing you will tell me that will make sense, and I speak for almost everyone who has had a friend, relative or family killed by Islamic fanatics in Kaduna, Bauchi, Kano and several places.

So save your breath and epistle and instead, focus your energy on talking to those people you say are giving your religion a bad name. Christians have never attacked muslims unprovoked in Nigeria. It is your fellow muslims who do. So write a letter to the fanatical muslims and talk sense into them if you are so concerned.
. We (muslims) can only do our worse when we are pushed to the world. Do u wanna try that? u are not an exception since u don't want to reason with the OP bcoz ur brain is blunt. Don't worry it shall be ur turn nxt time. Your FAF are dead and gone. mumu
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by sunlouis: 3:26pm On Oct 08, 2012
Observation:

Final note

We Muslims are disheartened by the activities of these radicals, and on behalf of every Muslim in this country with a sound, unadulterated Islamic ideology, I state that we are proud of our religion, and we totally and openly disapprove of the acts of BH and their sponsors.

PLEASE WHAT IS BH? IS IT BENSON & HEDGES? I PRESUME U KNOW HOW DEADLY UR MUSLIM BROTHERS ARE AND THATS WHY U TOO SCARED TO DENOUNCE THEM PUBLICLY AND INSTEAD U ARE SCHEMING. NAME ONE CHRISTIAN GROUP THAT GOES AROUND KILLING ALL IN THE NAME OF BEING MISSINDOCTRINATED OR FOR THE SAKE OF BEING FANATICAL.

U MADE CERTAIN FACTS THAT ARE REALLY MORE IMPORTANT FOR THE AVERAGE MUSLIM, MOST ESPECIALLY THOSE IN THE NORTHERN PART OF NAIJA!

B PLAIN WITH UR JUDGEMENT!
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by EzePromoe: 3:27pm On Oct 08, 2012
@OP,
Tell it to the birds angry

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by passionate88: 3:41pm On Oct 08, 2012
dahonestboss: Are the muslims in the middle east different fromt the muslims in Nigeria ? let us assume boko haram is a Nigerian thing, what about the killings of none muslim in other part of the world ?
leave d guy make him dey system dey type rubbish... During the post election violence dm change am 2 religious, when Israel attack palestine, dm change am.. Them go say islam na peace say make u take koran read bt if u ask 4 d same koran to read them go kill u say no infidel is allowed to touch it.. I dnt believe this dude, like stagger said.. He should talk to his people.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by passionate88: 3:42pm On Oct 08, 2012
Eze Promoe: @OP,
Tell it to the birds angry
James Hadley Chase...
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by doche1: 3:52pm On Oct 08, 2012
Basic: i hate all muslim n does practicin dz religion,imagin d harm u ppl hv been causin in d name of religion,bcause ur ppl neva succeded in becumin d president,imagin lives of ppl dat u kill in jos,kaduna,kano,bauchi,maiduguri,lokoja.u ppl n ur so call religion wil neva hv peace God wil send down his plegue on u 4 killin innocent souls.u js wanna say all diz 2 cover 4 d killin u ppl hav bein doin,u ppl wil kip sufferin in pains n hardship.who among u have bein in d forfront 2 denounc bokoharam n their activitis?only God wil punish u.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by deekseen(m): 3:57pm On Oct 08, 2012
'True Muslims' (like the OP) will never openly, directly address BOKO HARAM in a letter. They know that the fear of BOKO HARAM is the beginning of wisdom, to them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" / Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! / God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.