Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,125 members, 7,835,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians (15441 Views)

Jude Ndukwe: An Open Letter To Mbaka / Funny Questions Nigerian Christians Ask Atheists.. / Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Basic(m): 10:15pm On Oct 08, 2012
Ujujoan:

Still you have to admit that your religion is doing absolutely NOTHING to stop these people killing in their name. Silence they say means consent!

And have you been in this country since? What are we the masses able to do when even the government is unable to curb the situation?
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Basic(m): 10:16pm On Oct 08, 2012
sylve11: Nice write up, but pls take this message to other Islamic forums also. . .this ur points are valid, but I want to know if the Muslims in other parts of the world are different from the Nigerian Muslims. Why are they terrorising in all other parts of the world? Are u practising the religion more than those in the middle east who are serial killers? cool

Like I said, anyone who kills unjustly in the name of Islam, is either ignorant, misindoctrinated, or fighting for personal gains.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Basic(m): 10:17pm On Oct 08, 2012
omiobo: If you are a true muslim,go to north and enlighten them on how islam should be practiced. It's a waste of time and efforts to address christians and other religions on what islam is made of. We want to believe this piece of yours but the peace of islam must be felt from the followers around the world.
In christianity,our doctrines maybe different but we are members of this same body that stand against all unrighteousness. We are peace maker and we are known for that. So let islam be known for peace through the beliefs of the followers.

I've just explained our ideal belief. Did you read the piece to the end?
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Basic(m): 10:19pm On Oct 08, 2012
treasuredkid:
why cant you people give them out to the authorities. this group of deranged minds live amongst your muslim communities and perpetrate their hideous, barbaric and satanic act right in front of you all but yet they are being protected. Fish them out of their smoky grasshoppers holes and see if the Christians will still refer to your religion as "blood sucking". We are tired of mere words, we want real action from the real muslims...thats if we still have some

It's just quite unfortunate that we don't know them. They've just remained faceless, just as they've been to the government.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 08, 2012
Basic:

Like I said, anyone who kills unjustly in the name of Islam, is either ignorant, misindoctrinated, or fighting for personal gains.

Under what circumstances can killing in the name of Islam be regarded as "just" killing?
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Basic(m): 10:20pm On Oct 08, 2012
plappville:

[size=14pt](John 16:1-4) 1“All this I have told you so that you will not go astray. 2They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God. 3They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me. 4I have told you this, so that when the time comes you will remember that I warned you. I did not tell you this at first because I was with you.[/size]

Please show us the words 'Muslims' or 'Islam' in the verses you quoted.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Beync(f): 10:38pm On Oct 08, 2012
OP if you muslims are sincere, why haven't you guys match thru the streets in the north and everywhere denouncing this fraction of muslims called bokoharam if you have nothing to do with them? haven't they shed enough bloods that you muslims should protest against? but you would not hesitate to protest, burn houses and kill innocent people just becos an american made 5munites caricature video of mohammed. actions speaks louder than noise u know? spare us with those bla bla bla and send massages on friday to ur members warning them to desist from plotting evil against non muslims.
it seem u are all the same from the way you are defending previous violence carried out by muslims, that there must have been reasons for their actions. what a lame attempt to defend terror. try harder.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Kslib(m): 10:56pm On Oct 08, 2012
Basic:

Please show us the words 'Muslims' or 'Islam' in the verses you quoted.
Haba oga!!! We humans are very complicated.. We choose to be intelligent when we like.. I want you to answer this question...
Mr akpos was told by his grandfather that a time will come when a group of bullies will oppress him based of his belief... Now the time came,and just like his father said,a group of bullies called the "stronghead" started bullying akpos based on his belief.. @basic,did akpo's father mentioned the bully's name? No,he didn't,but you and i know the bully's name and what they stand for,and the reason behind their action...
You can use this little example to understand the bible verse that's if you didn't understood it already before posting,but decided to play "confused"...
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by SOUTHSOUTH1: 10:56pm On Oct 08, 2012
Beync: OP if you muslims are sincere, why haven't you guys match thru the streets in the north and everywhere denouncing this fraction of muslims called bokoharam if you have nothing to do with them? haven't they shed enough bloods that you muslims should protest against? but you would not hesitate to protest, burn houses and kill innocent people just becos an american made 5munites caricature video of mohammed. actions speaks louder than noise u know? spare us with those bla bla bla and send massages on friday to ur members warning them to desist from plotting evil against non muslims.
it seem u are all the same from the way you are defending previous violence carried out by muslims, that there must have been reasons for their actions. what a lame attempt to defend terror. try harder.

Since they are very good in matching at every slight provocation..
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Beync(f): 11:02pm On Oct 08, 2012
SOUTH SOUTH:

Since they are very good in matching at every slight provocation..
Until they match against these killings, they are behind the scene.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by chiefbatiatus(m): 11:04pm On Oct 08, 2012
seunajia:

Pray tell, what percentage of muslims kill? 10%? 40? 80? Or is it 100%?

How many muslims have you met in PERSON that oppose Basic's truths?

How many Nairalanders support/endorse the killings? IDs?

Stop spreading falsehood. Fear God! What's your aim? Give a dog an ill name to hang it?

Whatever is wrong with the world requires we all come together to correct it. Some people in Aluu incurred our collective rots by murdering those young men in cold blood, and no one is running around saying Christians are vampires. Why? We know a zillion christians who oppose that unGodly act!

It's the end-time anyway.

PS: I'm still waiting for some of those people begging to be sent that Aluu video to come here. *brings out koboko* grin Naughty children angry

The mob did not kill the students in the name of any Christian God, that unfortunate incident had nothing to do with any religion. And besides you have no proof it was only christians that killed the boys, there could have been muslims as well. Muslims are very good at diversionary argument, tell me what is similar between an angry mob attack who did not claim any passage in the bible with murderers who kill repeatedly in the name of their prophet and for their allah? There is no link at all but I expect that from muslims because I have many as friends. No muslim is a civilised person, period.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by alexis(m): 11:08pm On Oct 08, 2012
@Basic,

Can you address the questions I raised?
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Imoy(m): 11:25pm On Oct 08, 2012
Basic:

It's just quite unfortunate that we don't know them. They've just remained faceless, just as they've been to the government.

Thats a lie, most of this ur emirs know them, they just dont want to fish them out, cos they can nt hand over their own brother to the govt, so as to be punishd or they are rather scared of been killed.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by seunajia: 11:51pm On Oct 08, 2012
chief batiatus:

The mob did not kill the students in the name of any Christian God, that unfortunate incident had nothing to do with any religion. And besides you have no proof it was only christians that killed the boys, there could have been muslims as well. Muslims are very good at diversionary argument, tell me what is similar between an angry mob attack who did not claim any passage in the bible with murderers who kill repeatedly in the name of their prophet and for their allah? There is no link at all but I expect that from muslims because I have many as friends. No muslim is a civilised person, period.

Bros, I don't like where you're taking me to. I don't wanna be like you. I don't want to have to prove to you most Aluu indigenes will be/are Christians. This amounts to Dicto simpliciter.

It makes no sense trying to justify what bad people have done using other bad people as example!

Anyway, if it suits you, keep giving the dog an ill name to hang it. I have played my part. Peace!
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by seunajia: 11:54pm On Oct 08, 2012
Imoy:

Thats a lie, most of this ur emirs know them, they just dont want to fish them out, cos they can nt hand over their own brother to the govt, so as to be punishd or they are rather scared of been killed.

Lame. Epic FAIL!
Ask Mr Jonathan, he claims to know them. Ask General Azazi too, if you manage to find him.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by alexis(m): 12:03am On Oct 09, 2012
I am still waiting for a response from @Basic regarding Islam stand on violence.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by talk2me006(m): 12:54am On Oct 09, 2012
stagger: OP,

When you have people killing innocent people in the name of your religion, nothing you say here will change anything. I have friends who were killed by muslims in several religious riots in the name of your religion. SO personally, there is nothing you will tell me that will make sense, and I speak for almost everyone who has had a friend, relative or family killed by Islamic fanatics in Kaduna, Bauchi, Kano and several places.

So save your breath and epistle and instead, focus your energy on talking to those people you say are giving your religion a bad name. Christians have never attacked muslims unprovoked in Nigeria. It is your fellow muslims who do. So write a letter to the fanatical muslims and talk sense into them if you are so concerned.
Mumu! i cant blame u. it is your destiny to be dumb and blind to truth words. keep it up
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by talk2me006(m): 1:08am On Oct 09, 2012
We muslims do not care about what christians say about islam over bokoaram.
we all know that bh also kill muslims .
many past unbeliever like christians,pagans etc hav castigated islam in the past and at the end they are the one that doesnt have an end and islam is continue shinning and lively.
with times , christian will tire of their castigation.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by alexis(m): 1:13am On Oct 09, 2012
@talk2me006

We are interested on the Quran stand on violence. We want to know what will make a muslim kill another muslim or a christian in the name of God. It's not an attack on Islam, we want to know what the Quran teaches on the subject. It's either BH are not muslims if muslims are taught not to kill. So again, what is taught in the Quran. Please teach and enlighten us. Whilst doing that, allow us to ask questions to understand what is being taught.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by talk2me006(m): 1:16am On Oct 09, 2012
afam4eva: I've lived with muslims most of my life and there hasn't been anything i've had a course to suspect them as they've always been no different from the Christian and everyone that i've lived. It's sad that a small group of people who unfortunately are muslims have soiled the name of the religion all over the world in the name of fighting for their religion. But many muslim clerics have come out to quote that no where in the Qoran did it state that muslims should go out and kill innocent people. Those people who kill in the name of Allah are just criminals and nothing more. Anybody who takes what they say as word should also be ready to believe the devil. Why can't we as human beings be rational for once in our lives and stop putting everybody in one basket. We can't paint Islam bad simply because of the sins of a few. Let's be reasonable and not judge people by the color of their skin, their creed, religion, ethnicity but by the strength of their character.
i believe u are not a nigerian christian.
we believe nigerian christians are well known to be suffering from bias mind syndrome.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by talk2me006(m): 1:25am On Oct 09, 2012
alexis: @talk2me006

We are interested on the Quran stand on violence. We want to know what will make a muslim kill another muslim or a christian in the name of God. It's not an attack on Islam, we want to know what the Quran teaches on the subject. It's either BH are not muslims if muslims are taught not to kill. So again, what is taught in the Quran. Please teach and enlighten us. Whilst doing that, allow us to ask questions to understand what is being taught.
Even if i start to correct your notion, i believe you wil never undertand. that is the main problem of christian , they dont listening to the fact with open mind.
the answer u ask for ,has already answered by the op. read it once again and the truth shall set u free( i.e if Allah wishes)
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by hassan123(m): 1:27am On Oct 09, 2012
papa giddy: let that part in d quran that instruct muslims to kill christains be remove first then we can talk,coz any muslim is a potential killer !
wicked generalisation. why not quote it urself? There is no portion of d Qur'an that instructs muslims 2 kill xtians. Rather, in a verse, d Qura'n says that d xtians are d most beloved 2 muslims
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by alexis(m): 1:30am On Oct 09, 2012
@talk2me006

Then please correct me, I am asking you to clarify - nothing else. I haven't stated otherwise. Please use the Quran and explain. Let us reason together. State your points and let us use the Quran to weigh your statements. That is all I ask. Is that reasonable?
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by talk2me006(m): 1:55am On Oct 09, 2012
alexis: @talk2me006

Then please correct me, I am asking you to clarify - nothing else. I haven't stated otherwise. Please use the Quran and explain. Let us reason together. State your points and let us use the Quran to weigh your statements. That is all I ask. Is that reasonable?
if truely u want the truth,read the post of d op again. the question u re askin is already there or google it .and dont forget to open ur gud mind
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by alexis(m): 2:08am On Oct 09, 2012
@talk2me006

I am asking you to clarify but you are asking me to google it - I don't see on the thread where the violence issue is addressed. Would you prefer if I mentioned a few text from the Quran and you expound so we can discuss? All I am asking is for you to tell me or show me where violence is discouraged against non-believers. For example, @hassan123 - said that "There is no portion of d Qur'an that instructs muslims 2 kill xtians".
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Basic(m): 2:25am On Oct 09, 2012
R2bees: the person that post dis should go to hell, i dnt care, so far una quaran tell you guys to fight against people dat doesnt believe in una quaran, u pple are muderers....

While writing the post, I knew I'll get comments like this from people like you. So, I'm not surprised. Now you're pretending not to have read the post. Just another reader who won't just keep bias off his mind.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Basic(m): 2:29am On Oct 09, 2012
cinammon:

In Surah 73:10 God tells Mohammad to be patient with his opponents, "Be patient with what they say, and part from them courteously". While in Surah 2:191 God orders him to kill his opponents, "kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from wherever they drove you out." In Surah 2:256 God tells Mohammad not to impose Islam by force, "There is no compulsion in religion", Then again in verse 193 He tells his messenger to kill whoever rejects Islam, "Fight them until there is no persecution and the religion is God's". In Surah 29:45 God tells Mohammad to speak nicely to people of the Book (Christians and Jews), "Argue with people of the book, other than evil doers, only by means of what are better! and say, we believe in what has been sent down to us and sent down to you. Our God is the same as your God, and we are surrendered to Him." But in Surah 9:29 Allah tells him to fight the people of the Book, "Fight those who do not believe in God and the last day... and fight People of the Book, who do not accept the religion of truth (Islam) until they pay tribute by hand, being inferior".

I CANT WAIT FOR YOU TO PROVE DIS CONTRADICTION WRONG.....URS SINCERELY

There are NO contradictions in the Quran. Either some verses were later revealed to abrogate others or that the underlying causes behind their revelations were different or the situations where they are applicable are different. There are hundreds of "contradictions" in the bible too. I hope you know. But I know your pastors too will have "explanations" for that. So, stay away from what you don't know, okay?
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Basic(m): 2:32am On Oct 09, 2012
Ndeewonu: @OP
Pls, What is "JIHAD?"

Jihad simply means "struggle" (literally). Practically, it means helping or striving in any noble cause that is pleasurable to Allah. He who donates money to charity has done Jihad. He who helps speak against an evil has done Jihad. And he who helps defend the truth has done jihad.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Basic(m): 2:34am On Oct 09, 2012
passionate88: bt if u ask 4 d same koran to read them go kill u say no infidel is allowed to touch it.. I dnt believe this dude, like stagger said.. He should talk to his people.

Of course I've quoted parts of the Quran in the piece and that suffices. As for not believing me, it's just your choice.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Basic(m): 2:38am On Oct 09, 2012
Aizek B: Nw tel me y is it dat no muslim is aloud 2 hold d quran unles d malam. D reason is if they alow u guys 2 hold d quran u wil no d truth n wil nt folow their acts so they are d only ones that read n interprete it 4 u.

Just one of the most blatant lies I've heard in recent times. Even the wildest haters have never told a lie like this. Certain Muslims not allowed to touch the Quran? Are you for real, or you just felt like typing anything?
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Basic(m): 2:42am On Oct 09, 2012
size38: Guy, leave dis yan. We don dey hear dis kind tin for ages now. If i may ask u, why are muslims labeling those who are non muslims "infidels"?

Check your dictionary for the meaning of the word "infidel". Oh let me spare you the stress. The word infidel simply means "someone that does not acknowledge your God". So, it's allowed that we call Christians and other non-Muslims infidels. Similarly, Christians can call Muslims and other non-Christians infidels, just like you refer to us as "unbelievers". You got that?
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians by Basic(m): 2:43am On Oct 09, 2012
tyadams: As a christian, ur write-up changes my mentality expecially about those "old" quotes of the holy quaran. Nice one!

Thank you so much. I'm glad people like you read the post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? / Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? / Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.