Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,988 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? (8695 Views)

How God Came Into Existence. / Who Created God? / Where Did God Come From? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by plaetton: 7:57pm On Oct 09, 2012
Mr_Anony:
(@bolded)I don't recall ever making such an argument here on Nairaland.

By the way, if your definition for energy is that it can neither be created nor destroyed, then the whole concept of energy should equally make absolutely no sense to you.

First,are you saying that you have never written that whatever exists must have a beginning?

It is very much like you to dodge or ignore my question and then jump into my definition of energy.

That energy can neither be created nor destroyed is a scientific model that all have come to accept. It is not my definition. It is the standard definition.
Are you conceding that god is energy?
Deepsight had come fulll circle to to agree as much.
Have you?
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by mkmyers45(m): 8:04pm On Oct 09, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Can you describe to a person born blind the colour red?
Yes you can..
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by DeepSight(m): 8:05pm On Oct 09, 2012
plaetton:

First,are you saying that you have never written that whatever exists must have a beginning?

I know you are addressing Anony's statement, but i'd just like to clarify, in case needed, that the bold is NOT what the cosmological arguments states. It states that whatever BEGINS to exist, must have a cause.

As to the bold, it is not true: there are many things which we can infer exist, but which do not have a beginning.

It is very much like you to dodge or ignore my question and then jump into my definition of energy.

That energy can neither be created nor destroyed is a scientific model that all have come to accept. It is not my definition. It is the standard definition.
Have you?

Please do not misrepresent me. God is indeed primordial energy, but is also much more.
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 09, 2012
Kayoski: this question has being bothering me 4 sometyme nw.nd i av found out dat its beyond human comprehension....so i jst want 2 get u guys views. Dis is for those who believe there is a God.

A curious mind will never rest until it finds the clues that will lead to the truth and more truths. I know many so called christians do ask theselves this questions too.

The truth is THERE IS NO GOD!

The bible is a combination of several scrolls that have nothing in common.Hence it is bound to confuse a lot of its readers due to its contradictions.

The term GOD was a creation made by the emperor of Rome. But the truth is simple- God is everything you see around you-which obviously include you.

You may want to ask who created humans and other animals. That will take a lot of explanations you may find very hard to believe due to what you have been taught at school and church. The fact remains,Christians know next to nothing.

Some books in the bible contains codes and clues and yet most people don't know it. For me,the bible should just be an history book that contains a lot of UFO activities and i can give you several example if you wish to know.

Read the bible well and you will discover that the so called God(GODS) are several beings, flesh and blood like you and i.
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by plaetton: 8:26pm On Oct 09, 2012
Deep Sight:

I know you are addressing Anony's statement, but i'd just like to clarify, in case needed, that the bold is NOT what the cosmological arguments states. It states that whatever BEGINS to exist, must have a cause.

As to the bold, it is not true: there are many things which we can infer exist, but which do not have a beginning.

Please do not misrepresent me. God is indeed primordial energy, but is also much more.

Ha ha . This is funny.
The word BEGIN implies a cause. That does not need to be a cosmological argument. And I do not ever recall you using the word "Begin" in your basic cosmological argument. rather, I have seen you use the word "Exists". Correct me if I'm wrong.

And what are those things which we can INFER to exist, but without a beginning?
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by MrAnony1(m): 8:49pm On Oct 09, 2012
plaetton:

Thankfully, DeepSight has clarified things for you. I'll assume you have misunderstood the kalam cosmological argument but in case that is not what you are saying, then I'll ask you to refer me to the post.

Dude, I was only trying to show you that existence is not tied to origin

Ok fine, does the standard definition of energy make any sense to you? or what is your alternate definition?

Have you?

I have never said energy = God. God is a being having causal ability. Energy on the other hand cannot be described as a being and it doesn't create anything
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by mrmayor(m): 8:50pm On Oct 09, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

If you can describe to me the aroma of coffee then I will answer your kweshun.

Which Coffee; Fresh-brew, Kenco, Nescafe or Maxwell House?
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by DeepSight(m): 8:56pm On Oct 09, 2012
plaetton:

Ha ha . This is funny.
The word BEGIN implies a cause. That does not need to be a cosmological argument. And I do not ever recall you using the word "Begin" in your basic cosmological argument. rather, I have seen you use the word "Exists". Correct me if I'm wrong.

Not only have I always said begin, but I have corrected made this same clarification to several people many times ever since Prizm reminded me about three years ago in a discussion. Besides, I did not formulate the cosmological argument: and that is what it says. It says "begin".

And what are those things which we can INFER to exist, but without a beginning?

Infinite Space

Infinite Time

Just two examples.
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by plaetton: 9:13pm On Oct 09, 2012
Deep Sight:

Not only have I always said begin, but I have corrected made this same clarification to several people many times ever since Prizm reminded me about three years ago in a discussion. Besides, I did not formulate the cosmological argument: and that is what it says. It says "begin".

Infinite Space

Infinite Time

Just two examples.
Infinite space and infinite time are concepts. They are mental constructs. We have no idea what infinite space would be like, since infinite space itself, has to be confined to something other than itself. Infinite space is just a term to describle incalculable distances in space.
same goes for infinite time.
To human with maximum 100yrs life span, a billion years would seem infinite.
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 09, 2012
plaetton:

Have you?

Would you like to defend the bolded assertion?
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 09, 2012
mkmyers45: Dont try to be overt with me...I was simply pointing out the oddity of an analogy
I was also pointing out how you can make his analogy even.
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by thehomer: 10:01pm On Oct 09, 2012
Kayoski: this question has being bothering me 4 sometyme nw.nd i av found out dat its beyond human comprehension....so i jst want 2 get u guys views. Dis is for those who believe there is a God.

In the beginning, men created Gods.

1 Like

Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 09, 2012
Delafruita: confusion of gargantuan proportion.if dumbos look at the earth and say 'this world is so beautiful and precise there has to be a creator" why not apply the same logic to god?who created the perfect god?
Applying your logic, we will even end up in a greater confusion of gargantuan proportion.
If we follow that God is created, the questions now are, what created God? what created that which created God? what created that which created that which created God? And so on.
So, your arguement limps.
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 09, 2012
Kayoski: so u mean God was nt created,like he jst appeared or wat?
I can see you've been served.
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 09, 2012
ifeness:

A curious mind will never rest until it finds the clues that will lead to the truth and more truths. I know many so called christians do ask theselves this questions too.

The bible is a combination of several scrolls that have nothing in common.Hence it is bound to confuse a lot of its readers due to its contradictions.

The term GOD was a creation made by the emperor of Rome. But the truth is simple- God is everything you see around you-which obviously include you.

You may want to ask who created humans and other animals. That will take a lot of explanations you may find very hard to believe due to what you have been taught at school and church. The fact remains,Christians know next to nothing.

Some books in the bible contains codes and clues and yet most people don't know it. For me,the bible should just be an history book that contains a lot of UFO activities and i can give you several example if you wish to know.

Read the bible well and you will discover that the so called God(GODS) are several beings, flesh and blood like you and i.
You didnt read OP, did you?
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 09, 2012
Simple Question with simple answer, they have turned it into another matter.

Question: Who created God of how did God come into existence?

Answer: I don't know, it's beyond the scope of my mental capacity. Don't bug yourself with such technicalities, focus on the real issue which is to love your neighbour as you love yourself, and love God (Jesus/Allah/Budha/None) with all your heart with all your might and with all your strength.

FULL STOP.

1 Like

Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by seyibrown(f): 10:35pm On Oct 09, 2012
plaetton:

That energy can neither be created nor destroyed is a scientific model that all have come to accept. It is not my definition. It is the standard definition. Are you conceding that god is energy?
Have you?

@ everyone: The bolded is quite interesting. smiley Why have all not then come to accept that God IS and was not created? Are they waiting for a scientific experiment by a group of men somewhere to confirm that God exists and can neither be created nor destroyed? smiley
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 09, 2012
plaetton:
Infinite space and infinite time are concepts. They are mental constructs. We have no idea what infinite space would be like, since infinite space itself, has to be confined to something other than itself. Infinite space is just a term to describle incalculable distances in space.
same goes for infinite time.

To human with maximum 100yrs life span, a billion years would seem infinite.

The red contradicts the purple and the blue. The green is an absurd statement since it associates infinity with containment. The bolded is entirely untrue: billion years may seem like a very very long time to a human being whose lifespan is essentially a very small fraction of it, but it is an unintelligent human that considers it infinite because of its size. The concept of infinity is unique for its inconceivability to the human mind.
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by plaetton: 3:06am On Oct 10, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Defend it against what? And why would it need to be defended?
You make me laugh.
Ihedinobi:

The red contradicts the purple and the blue. The green is an absurd statement since it associates infinity with containment. The bolded is entirely untrue: billion years may seem like a very very long time to a human being whose lifespan is essentially a very small fraction of it, but it is an unintelligent human that considers it infinite because of its size. The concept of infinity is unique for its inconceivability to the human mind.

You make me laugh even harder now.
Wow! The concept of infinity is unique for its inconceivability to the human mind? #@!^*
What? And so........................?
Just how does something that is inconcievable to the human mind come to exist?
If it is inconceivable to the human mind, where does the concept exist then, in the human backside?
big lol

seyibrown:

@ everyone: The bolded is quite interesting. smiley Why have all not then come to accept that God IS and was not created? Are they waiting for a scientific experiment by a group of men somewhere to confirm that God exists and can neither be created nor destroyed? smiley
[quote author=seyibrown]

And why not?
Science is the much superior and reliable arbiter of our reality than blind faith religion.
How many milligrams of prayer power to your god can relieve you of that migraine headache?
250mg of Tylanol does it for me.

Only science can truely answer the fundamental questions of origin and existence.
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by plaetton: 3:10am On Oct 10, 2012
Seun shaGARRI: Simple Question with simple answer, they have turned it into another matter.

Question: Who created God of how did God come into existence?

Answer: I don't know, it's beyond the scope of my mental capacity. Don't bug yourself with such technicalities, focus on the real issue which is to love your neighbour as you love yourself, and love God (Jesus/Allah/Budha/None) with all your heart with all your might and with all your strength.

FULL STOP.

Best answer so far.
I just dont know why it is sooooooooo hard to say the simple words " I dont know".
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Nobody: 3:14am On Oct 10, 2012
ifeness:

At least you just confirmed for us that you obviously dont have a curious mind. grin
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by plaetton: 3:25am On Oct 10, 2012
^^^^
Davidylan comes out of hibernation. smiley

How are you doing?
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by thehomer: 3:30am On Oct 10, 2012
Deep Sight:

Well the Cosmological argument is flawed for that and other reasons. One yardstick to use is that if actual cosmologists aren't convinced by it, maybe just maybe you should be hesitant to adopt it so wholeheartedly.

Deep Sight:
Infinite Space

Infinite Time

Just two examples.

Who says infinite space and infinite time actually exist?
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Nobody: 5:03am On Oct 10, 2012
plaetton: ^^^^
Davidylan comes out of hibernation. smiley

How are you doing?

doing great bro. grin
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by mkmyers45(m): 6:21am On Oct 10, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Ok, Lets go...
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by mkmyers45(m): 6:22am On Oct 10, 2012
Reyginus: I was also pointing out how you can make his analogy even.
Indeed..
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 10, 2012
mkmyers45: Ok, Lets go...

There's my man. I think we'll both have some fun and learn something.

Does the science that mankind currently possesses say without qualification that energy cannot be created or destroyed?
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 10, 2012
Reyginus: You didnt read OP, did you?

You didn't either
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 10, 2012
plaetton:

Defend it against what? And why would it need to be defended?
You make me laugh.

Glad to see I amuse you. smiley Glad also to see that you're not sufficiently grounded in the science of your position grin

You make me laugh even harder now.
Wow! The concept of infinity is unique for its inconceivability to the human mind? #@!^*
What? And so........................?
Just how does something that is inconcievable to the human mind come to exist?
If it is inconceivable to the human mind, where does the concept exist then, in the human backside?
big lol

Do you care to provide the reason why a finite number no matter how large or small divided by the mathematical quantity, infinity, gives the answer: undefined? What does an undefined quotient mean?
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by mkmyers45(m): 9:14am On Oct 10, 2012
Ihedinobi:

There's my man. I think we'll both have some fun and learn something.

Does the science that mankind currently possesses say without qualification that energy cannot be created or destroyed?
When dealing principles of Physics its important to note that observation is key to all scientific conclusion..so Yes without any form of reservation 'Energy can never be created or destroyed but changes from one form to another'
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 10, 2012
mkmyers45: When dealing principles of Physics its important to note that observation is key to all scientific conclusion..so Yes without any form of reservation 'Energy can never be created or destroyed but changes from one form to another'

Could you peruse this link and tell me what you think? The statement was qualified thus: energy can neither be created or destroyed by itself. I think that the article mentioned also that new energy is constantly coming into existence, but I need to confirm that. Also an explanation is provided there for the qualification of the law of conservation of energy.

If you have counters, I'm wide open to them.
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:02am On Oct 10, 2012
mkmyers45:

Yes you can..

Are you an Obamaniac? wink Go ahead and describe red colour to a blind man from birth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Palm Sunday: The Triumphant Entry Of Jesus Into Jerusalem / Amazing Throwbacks As Christ Embassy Celebrates 30 Years #Blwcelebrates30years / A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.