Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,129 members, 7,842,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

#DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ (19535 Views)

What Is The Ideal Number Of Rounds Of Sex A Man Should Go? / Things Every Man Should Learn To Do / Weekend Debate: A Man Is Right To Assert His. . . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 13, 2012
candygosh:
Even biblically, it was written that for this reason shall a man leave his mother and father and be united to his wife and they will become one flesh. It didn't say he will leave his mother and father and begin to assert authority on his wife and make her his slave.

Again my opponent said that "why do Real men show their superiority
in a relationship?
But excuse me mr bennyraz, how do one define a real man in a relationship??
Does enforcing superiority show being a real man??
What man calls himself real by not valuing his partners opinion, by ignoring her emotions, by making her his pet??

As also said by my opponent "The truth is, a
man will only assert or show is superiority in a relationship when the woman in question is
not cooperative, stubborn, and disobedient.
Everyman as what he believes in, therefore it is highly important for a woman to share in
the hopes and aspiration of a man in order to have a successful relationship. Behind every
successful man, there's a supportive, Obedient, cooperative woman"

Nowoman will ever be happy with an abusive and assertive relationship where a man tells her that she must not do this and must not do dat!
first of all.. lmao grin grin grin
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 13, 2012
bennyraz: first of all.. lmao grin grin grin
second of all.. grin grin grin. There's nothing to dispute but i will answer your questions grin grin
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 13, 2012
bennyraz: second of all.. grin grin grin. There's nothing to dispute but i will answer your questions grin grin

[size=13pt]Who is a Real man?[/size]

A real man doesn't cry, doesn't moan, doesn't complain, doesn't get sick, and doesn't need to go to the doctor every time he sneezes. A real man makes decisions and lives with the consequences. A real man accepts responsibility for his actions and his words. A real man is firm.

A real man is macho. A real man is tough. A real man doesn't show emotions. A real man is the backbone of his family and doesn't have time to be weak.

A real man knows the difference between what's important and what isn't. A real man doesn't waste time on stupidities that don't bring him any profit.

A real man focuses on power, money and family. He doesn't focus on sex. Sex comes as a result of having power, money and a wife (and if she doesn't satisfy you, there are plenty of other women who will, especially when you are powerful and rich) grin grin grin.

A real man will keep his family strong and pass on his ancestors' history and traditions. A real man knows that his children are God's gift and should be treated as such, even if he disciplines them from time to time.

A real man must also remember his other Family, his organization. In my world, both my family and my Family hold the same importance; I protect them both with all my might. If you have a Family, don't forget where your loyalties lie and who has your back when you need it.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by kandiikane(m): 12:26pm On Oct 13, 2012
---
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 13, 2012
Audience are NOT allowed to partake in the debate.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by kandiikane(m): 12:30pm On Oct 13, 2012
Ok, but can you just un-hide that last post of mine. I think people need to see that.

That's all. You won't hear pfft from me.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by kandiikane(m): 12:31pm On Oct 13, 2012
Son of a---
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 13, 2012
[size=13pt]Who is a Real man in a Relationship?[/size]

A real man will only go into a relationship when he is ready to settle down i.e. When he is Ready & Ripe for Marriage. And a man is only Real when he his successful in his chosen career. Who is a real man in a Relationship? A Real man in a relationship is loving, caring and patient. The moment you as a woman want to take him for a ride due to the love he has for you, then a real man will have no choice than to stamp his Authority in the Relationship.. If a real man is in Love with his Career than you, he might throw you out of his car because he has no time for stupidities.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by kandiikane(m): 12:39pm On Oct 13, 2012
^stop bringing in your definition of what a gangster is and rebutt candygosh's argument joor! tongue
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 13, 2012
Only the first 2 posts from a debater addressing the issue would be considered.

Judges take note.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 13, 2012
Pardon me pls and correct me if am mistaken. There are more than just one question in my arguement that you are to address and my question isn't who is a real man? My question is how do one define a real man in a realtionship?
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 13, 2012
bennyraz: [size=13pt]Who is a Real man in a Relationship?[/size]

A real man will only go into a relationship when he is ready to settle down i.e. When he is Ready & Ripe for Marriage. And a man is only Real when he his successful in his chosen career. Who is a real man in a Relationship? A Real man in a relationship is loving, caring and patient. The moment you as a woman want to take him for a ride due to the love he has for you, then a real man will have no choice than to stamp his Authority in the Relationship.. If a real man is in Love with his Career than you, he might throw you out of his car because he has no time for stupidities.
candygosh: Pardon me pls and correct me if am mistaken. There are more than just one question in my arguement that you are to address and my question isn't who is a real man? My question is how do one define a real man in a realtionship?
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 13, 2012
kandiikane: ^you're blabbering. cheesy
Seriously I don't understand what's goin on again.
@benny, if u quite read through the last debate you would av seen where killz stated the same thing in the second round that the other posts beside the two post countering the arguement won't be put into consideration.
And pls benny stop going off point so I can make my second post n freshen up, its aftetnoon already n I avnt had breakfast. Tackle d arguement if u can and concentrate on d argument cos ur first post ; I don't knw if its supposed be an argument or advice or maybe a diary of your life.
Am human and open to correction.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 13, 2012
Pls save your arguments for the final round if you are lucky to make it through.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 13, 2012
candygosh:

I want to ask him ; am not a religious type but if God created man to be stronger and decisive then why was the woman created??
I want to say that the woman was created so she could be his helper
-she was created so he would have a companion.

And a companion is someone you can share your everything with.

A companion is not someone you should assert your authority on.

man will only assert or show is superiority in a relationship when the woman in question is
not cooperative, stubborn, and disobedient.
Everyman as what he believes in, therefore it is highly important for a woman to share in
the hopes and aspiration of a man in order to have a successful relationship. Behind every
successful man, there's a supportive, Obedient, cooperative woman"

No woman will ever be happy with an abusive and assertive relationship where a man tells her that she must not do this and must not do dat!
So also every man is to share in what his woman believes.

Behind every sucessful relationship is a listening man who doesn't jettisson the counsel of his woman.

Reading between the lines of my opponents post Has also made me come to the conclusion that its only a self centered man that exerts his authority in a relationship and also disrespect her opinions.

I hope I have been able to convince you further in this round and hope that I would be called upon to enlighthen us more in the subsequent round.

“Real magic in relationships means an absence of judgment of others.” - Wayne Dyer

I remain candygosh.
Thank you
now coming to answer the issues you have raised here.. The first mistake a man made was entrusting a woman with the food he wanted to eat in the Garden of Eden.. What happened? the woman pick the wrong fruit after she has been deceived in the Garden of Eden by the Serpent. And Biblical, that singular act have affected the race of man. I have said this and i will repeat again.. a man will only assert when he believes his second half is going out of line and his Antecedent. Everyman has is belief and a woman must share in that. We all know that women are naturally stubborn! they want a freehand to do whatever they like.. If a woman is giving a freehand in a relationship, she would not respect you or your opinion.. she would only believe in herself and what she says. Yea, Nigeria is Governed by Laws and everyone must face the consequences of breaking the laws.. A man that is a real man will tell his woman right from the very start of the relationship, that this is what he wants, this his what he expects from the woman.. As a woman, if you can live by it, you walk out. You don't stay and break the rules it is wrong. In fact, i say this, some women will like to stay and break the rule and see what will come out of it. The moment they do, the man asserts his superiority then the woman goes back to her place. Then within herself, she thinks "so my BF/Husband is can be firm like this?" from that day on she will definitely respect you. No woman likes to be told what to do and what not to do? fine.. but as long as I am a man and i don't want you to do what you want to do, you have no choice than to respect that. If you don't want to, you walk away.

I remember a certain marriage that took place last year.. The marriage got dissolved after two weeks? why? The man was the cause, the woman was. Here is what happened. The man came home one day and he was tired from work. He went upstairs and he asked wife who was downstairs to follow him up.. the woman said she was coming. The man waited in his room upstairs for over one hour, the woman refuse to show up. Do you know what the wife was doing downstairs she was watching African magic on DSTV!!! what nonsense. The man came down stairs to the living room and went straight ahead to turn off the TV. The moment the man turned off the Television and said "honey i want to speak with you?" do you know what the wife did? The wife slapped him on his face. The man had no other choice than to beat her blue and black! what is the meaning of that people? The woman called for that and she got served. When a woman is lacks manners, that is what she get.. "beating". You want to prove that you are a man abi.. Go ahead. I wish you luck in your endeavors.

There's also another one, a 24hrs marriage. This one was even crazy and funny. After the marriage, the Bride's father presented A car to the newly weds. The following day, the husband woke up and asked for the car keys that he wanted to go out with it. The wife refused. Before the man could say, honey give me the car keys i want to go again, the woman said "Hold it there, the car does not belong to you, my father bought it for me" do you know the man's response. The man simply packed his wife belongings and properties already in the house and he threw them outside. Asked her to leave his house. The bride's family started begging the man, the Man said No, he's not interested in the marriage again since his wife can't humble and respect him. The marriage got dissolved. There are alot of things.. Most men react to bad mannerism from a woman through assertion and it's quite unfortunate that most single women can't see this.. if you 29 and above and you're still single, no one is coming to say "Hi, i want to marry you, it's because you have bad manners" do you think men don't know this? do you think everyman wants to show is superiority in a relationship or marriage please think outside the box before you start arguing what you really don't understand cuz great homes are formed by Dos and Don't
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by CrazyMan(m): 1:42pm On Oct 13, 2012
sexkillz: Only the first 2 posts from a debater addressing the issue would be considered.

Judges take note.
Noted!
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima1(f): 1:47pm On Oct 13, 2012
dont8:

My name is dont8, all protocol duly observed...

I'm here to add to what my 'Teammates' have said so far.

I'll start with the cliche that says, give a woman an inch and she will take a mile, in that regard, the man has to assert his authority/superioty in the relationship, if that relationship is to work. We all know that two captains cannot be in a ship or else, it turns Titanic and it will capsize and hit a brickwall.

What feminist apologists and the male in the opposing team dont realise is that, for a relationship/marriage to work, the woman has to be a sheep, that is, she must be submissive and obedient at the same time, so she knows who the boss is.

What baffles me nowadays is that the church is condoning what the bible frowns /teaches concerning women in the church, because they're not even allow to talk in places of worship, but remain silent and if need be for them to talk, they have to talk to the man she's sitting with, this shows how God views the importance of man's authority towards women generally.

But I must say, asserting authority is not same as, bullying, harrassing or intimidating towords women, but to control her exccesiveness and must be submissive for her own good.

Thank you.

Good morning Mr. Dont8.

The correct idiom is “Give a man an inch and he take a mile” exemplify individuals whom are too foolish and selfish to appreciate kindness and generosity. How can a man who thinks he is superior over his wife possess kindness and generosity?

According to your explanation of the above idiom, you contradicted yourself by stating that a man should assert authority/superiority in the relationship if a woman take a mile, but who should assert authority/superiority in the relationship if a man takes a mile?

You have raised some significant tidbits that I have the opportunity to eloquently address. It is interesting that you have mentioned titanic and captain in your argument. Now bear with me as I explain the role and duty of each crewmember of titanic. A standard cruise ship consists of these following:
• Ship Master
• Staff Captain
• Safety Officer
• Petty Officer
• Boatswain/boatman
• Cruise Director
• General Staff Member

Each title has a specific responsibility and authority to ensure prevention of potential shipwreck.

The structure and operation of a cruise ship is similar to a family in marital relationship. The head, typically the man is the shipmaster and the neck; typically the woman is the staff captain of the ship. Shipmaster and staff captain have similar authority and responsibilities of the cruise ship, however the shipmaster oversees the operation and navigation of the cruise ship with supportive reports, propositions, and management of staff captain. The other officers and staff members are the children in marital relationship from the eldest to the youngest.

Because of effective communication, respect, compassion, love, and patience between the shipmaster, staff captain, officers, and staff members there are no threat of mutiny on our ship (Personal Experience of Mrs. Chima, 2012).

A debate content with biblical references is like copying and pasting theologies of opinionated and questionable religious authors. However according to your bible, if you look at Ephesians 5 (KJV) it illustrates that in a standard Christian family that Christ is the head, which He gave responsibility to the man to carry out in his family and wives to submit to their husbands as their husbands submit to Christ. Christ gave specific instructions to the husbands to love thy wives as Christ love the church.

Now let look at the definition of submission and feminism, according to a standard dictionary, feminism is a doctrine advocating social, political, and other rights of women equal to those of men. Why would a spiritual man that loves his wife not to support equal rights she deserves? Do you think your Christ will accept belittling attitude and speech toward your wife that He specifically instructed the husbands to love thy wives as Christ love the church? I think not, sir.

How can I as a non-religious person accept such laden contradictions? I have seen “Christian marriages” that share your marital philosophy and I must say sir, some of these women and men are denouncing the very fabric of what marriage institution represent.

The dictionary states that submissive is act of meek, humbly, obedient, and dutiful. I have noticed something when I read the definition of submissiveness that when given an example, it states submissive servants, not woman nor man. An orthodox Muslim demonstrates true meaning of a submissive servant to Allah. A Muslim man can teach his cruise members how to be humbly servants by being an example.

By the true definitions of feminism and submissiveness, I am a proud feminist who wants equal rights in life and prosperity as I am afforded and have no qualms being submissive to the head as the head leads by an example.

I am assuming that your biblical reference regarding women in the church and how they should act is from King James Version. Now bear with me as I eloquently address the above reference According to 1 Corinth. 14: 34 states that women should remain silence during public worship and refrain from asking questions that may disrupt pastoral sermon and ask thy husbands at home.

In contradiction, 1 Peter 3:1 states that wives be submissive to thy husbands so that if they do not behave according to the word by your silence and actions shall turn them or won them over.

The two verses contradict each other because? in one verse it prohibit women from teaching or asking questions during public worship but in another verse instruct women to lead by an example with their actions. If such husbands are not living according to the word how can such women win over dirt with dirt? Why would a woman want a man to assert authority and superiority over her if he is using contradicting verses of religious and dead authors to prove his opinion?

I will not even touch on the subject of male evangelists being questioned and accused of fraud by governmental and public figures.

As I close, you are correct asserting authority is not the same as bullying or intimidating women in relationships. It means the right to act in a specified way by delegating and overseeing operation of his home as a shipmaster would of his ship. If a cruise ship were to operate base on your definition of marital relationship and how it should be run with superior attitude, fortunately my cruise ship would have enough lifeboats to save your debris.

A man that controls his cruise ship without leading by an example will not prevent a mutiny or shipwreck. I think the staff captain and crewmembers have better chance of survival stranded on a deserted island.

Thank you.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 13, 2012
here is MBJ's reply to acidosis opening statement:

Speaking to you this day is acidosis, the only male opposing the notion, "a man is right to assert his superiority in a relationship".
Sincerely speaking, I do not know where this gross misinformation come from.

Right from the start, we can see that Acidosis is on the wrong track, calling such notion a gross misinformation, without asking or listening for the WHY of such action....... A clear point that we have to understand here is that the reason why some men today MUST assert their authority, while our forefathers didnt have to do so, is because some women of today want to be equal with men, while back in the days women knew their place in matrimony, and had no desire to challenge men's authority in marriage. Nowadays, since some women are different, some men MUST assert their authority....something that men back in the days didnt have to do.

Love is not a jumbled expression involving old notions picked up here and there, faulty conclusions based on personal experience
or flawed reasonings due to cultural, ancestral and fetish influences. It is expected of a man in a romantic relationship to love his lady,

The fact that Acidosis believes that a person who asserts his authority DOESNT love his partner, is where he is again not looking at this issue the RIGHT way, and obviously misunderstanding this notion. Asserting your authority has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with LOVE, and ALL to do with the mechanics of a union. You assert your authority for the betterment of your union, to make sure that both of you will love one another stronger, and the FAMILY even more, to make sure that both of you will work towards making the FAMILY better, and to make sure that the family is at its optimum....... And sadly, to do that, you sometimes have to give up on some few things that were available during the dating period.

this kind of love means a powerful affinity, devotion and desire with genuine concern for the interests and needs of the one being loved.

You are absolutely right, this is what people should do when they enter a relationship, BUT, as this relationship develops into MARRIAGE, then the concern should be about the well-being of the FAMILY (aka unit as "ONE" ), rather than the sole needs of your partner. The partner is no more the focus here (aka #1), the FAMILY/UNIT is, and therefore some things may have to change.

How can Acidosis (or any person out there) expect to have the same union in relationship, as you have in marriage? That's a different ball game entirely.
In a romantic relationship, a man DOESN'T have to assert his authority because the participants are still TWO separate entities who are dating and getting to know one another. So the man cares for the direct personal needs of this woman, and vice versa, and if they like what is provided to them, they happily continue in this relationship. On the other hand, in marriage they care for the family FIRST, therefore the sole personal needs of one of the participant may be overlooked (or put aside) to make sure that the union run smoothly. This is a very small price to pay in order to have a successful union.

What Acidosis wrote above IS one of the main reason why so many ladies are failing in the marriage department, believing that a relationship is the same thing as marriage/family, while in fact it isn't. The minute people will realize that, is the minute they will have a fair chance at understanding why some men have difficulties with their partner in marriage, and NEED to assert their authority.

This love suggests a volitional act, not a violational type which entails male domination gingered by a commandant spirit which in turn produce wife-beaters.

How could Acidosis automatically compare asserting your authority with male domination?! How did that came about? This is NOT a male VS female contest. This is NOT male domination but simply FAMILY UNDERSTANDING. Men have had the authority in families for generations and generations, and there was no talk of male domination back then (or whatever barbaric act mentioned above). So i dont understand why Acidosis would bring such issue, as if the model, from which the authority of men in marriage was copied, has to be questioned.

A man in a romantic relationship should not see himself as an absolute dictatorial Monarch, or a boss over a servant. His roles is chiefly that of loving responsibility and a demostration of a self giving life to the woman.

A man in a romantic relationship DOES NOT see himself as an absolute monarch/boss, but when a man and a woman decide to take their relationship to the next level then there is a need for understanding that FAMILY would comes first, and this will supersede any personal needs that may be required by one of the participants. Most people in matrimony understand that and work in tandem to achieve such harmony, but sadly many dont and still want to have their personal needs satisfied over the needs of that said family........ And this is the reason why many men have to assert their authority in marriage.

btw: dictatorial monarch certainly dont love the people they rule (or treat them as their equal), and bosses certainly dont value the input of their servants......so why would Acidosis think that a man who has authority over his woman (in order for the family unit to run smoothly), is automatically a dictator?

My dear listeners/audience, I have searched the whole world widely through the web but am yet to see a verse where a man is licensed to assert authority like a dictatorial monarch upon his spouse - not even in the Bible/ Encyclopaedia Britanica. Ladies are only encouraged to submit to their men but a man does not have the right to demand, assert or extract submission authoritatively.
Submission is HER choice— her responsibility… it is NOT his right!! Not ever. She is to “submit herself”—

Again, our brother Acidosis is gravely mistaking what is written in the bible as:
- Women are not "encourage" to submit to their men, it is their duties!
- A man of today wouldn't have to assert his authority over his wife if ALL Christian women of today lived by the Bible teachings.
- A man of today wouldn't have to assert his authority over his wife if ALL Christian women of today were submissive as the Bible teaches them to be.
And last but not least, bringing the Bible to this debate is wrong on all account, as any person who ever read it would understand that the Bible teachings doesnt favor women.

deciding when and how to submit is her call. In an ideal relationship the focus is never on rights, but on personal responsibility. It’s his
responsibility to be affectionate. It’s her responsibility to be agreeable.

In any "ideal" relationship, then a man wouldn't have to assert his authority because a woman would automatically submit to her husband. remember, the debate is not about whether a man has authority or not, but it is about if it is RIGHT for a man to assert his authority.

In marriage you either submit or you dont, the fact that Acidosis would want women to decide "when" and "how" they would submit, is probably the reason why so many fail in marriage. There is no "when" or "how" in the Bible Acidosis just quoted, it says women should submit, point blank. So why would Acidosis (or anyone) suddenly twist the words of that said Bible for their own agenda?

Judging by what Acidosis wrote above, we can ALL understand why some men need to assert their authority over their wives, when some of these wives read the bible and think that they can submit whenever they feel like it. The Bible is very clear on the subject: MEN ARE IN CHARGE and women follow, point blank...... No WHENs, HOWs, IFs, BUTs or MAYBEs. So if the bible is the tool with which anyone wants to decide whether to be submissive or not (in marriage), then the answer is very clear.

Positionally, a man is the head of the family. However his headship is not to be equated with rulership and lordship and even the human body understand this fact. The body comprises of the Head, Trunk and limbs. I've studied both the anatomical and physiological functions of the body and categorically speaking the Head is nothing but an experimental specimen without the trunk. In this manner, a man has no right to demand either obedience from the bone of his bone or assert superiority with muscles and ligaments directly and indirectly.

Great stuff written by our brotha Acidosis but please, while still using such biological analogy, let us all ask ourselves these simple question:
- would a person with two head "function" better than a person with one?
- is the head (brain) not the ultimate decision maker for the limbs/trunk?
- can the trunk/limbs function properly without a head "running" the UNIT?
So in fact, a head wouldn't have to demand obedience from his limbs/trunk as it should come naturally.

However, this is not a call for women liberation but a delusional liberation of men from assertive calls in RELATIONSHIPS!

The liberation of men from the assertive call in relationship will only happen when all women decide to be submissive for the betterment of their marriage. Please, do not take MBJ's words as an invitation to have men treat women badly, but simply as an invitation to love women properly, in a safe family environment, in order to make marriages function at their possible best, and in harmony.

thank you all kindly.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2012
Mrs Chima, i am very sorry about the unfair ban of the anti-spambot on you.

Your comment and reply to dont8 has been unhidden.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2012
Thank you Sexkillz bro. kiss kiss kiss
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by UjSizzle(f): 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2012
Excuse me, aren't we supposed to counter our opponent's opening argument?
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 1:56pm On Oct 13, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Good morning Mr. Dont8.

The correct idiom is “Give a man an inch and he take a mile” exemplify individuals whom are too foolish and selfish to appreciate kindness and generosity. How can a man who thinks he is superior over his wife possess kindness and generosity?

According to your explanation of the above idiom, you contradicted yourself by stating that a man should assert authority/superiority in the relationship if a woman take a mile, but who should assert authority/superiority in the relationship if a man takes a mile?

You have raised some significant tidbits that I have the opportunity to eloquently address. It is interesting that you have mentioned titanic and captain in your argument. Now bear with me as I explain the role and duty of each crewmember of titanic. A standard cruise ship consists of these following:
• Ship Master
• Staff Captain
• Safety Officer
• Petty Officer
• Boatswain/boatman
• Cruise Director
• General Staff Member

Each title has a specific responsibility and authority to ensure prevention of potential shipwreck.

The structure and operation of a cruise ship is similar to a family in marital relationship. The head, typically the man is the shipmaster and the neck; typically the woman is the staff captain of the ship. Shipmaster and staff captain have similar authority and responsibilities of the cruise ship, however the shipmaster oversees the operation and navigation of the cruise ship with supportive reports, propositions, and management of staff captain. The other officers and staff members are the children in marital relationship from the eldest to the youngest.

Because of effective communication, respect, compassion, love, and patience between the shipmaster, staff captain, officers, and staff members there are no threat of mutiny on our ship (Personal Experience of Mrs. Chima, 2012).

A debate content with biblical references is like copying and pasting theologies of opinionated and questionable religious authors. However according to your bible, if you look at Ephesians 5 (KJV) it illustrates that in a standard Christian family that Christ is the head, which He gave responsibility to the man to carry out in his family and wives to submit to their husbands as their husbands submit to Christ. Christ gave specific instructions to the husbands to love thy wives as Christ love the church.

Now let look at the definition of submission and feminism, according to a standard dictionary, feminism is a doctrine advocating social, political, and other rights of women equal to those of men. Why would a spiritual man that loves his wife not to support equal rights she deserves? Do you think your Christ will accept belittling attitude and speech toward your wife that He specifically instructed the husbands to love thy wives as Christ love the church? I think not, sir.

How can I as a non-religious person accept such laden contradictions? I have seen “Christian marriages” that share your marital philosophy and I must say sir, some of these women and men are denouncing the very fabric of what marriage institution represent.

The dictionary states that submissive is act of meek, humbly, obedient, and dutiful. I have noticed something when I read the definition of submissiveness that when given an example, it states submissive servants, not woman nor man. An orthodox Muslim demonstrates true meaning of a submissive servant to Allah. A Muslim man can teach his cruise members how to be humbly servants by being an example.

By the true definitions of feminism and submissiveness, I am a proud feminist who wants equal rights in life and prosperity as I am afforded and have no qualms being submissive to the head as the head leads by an example.

I am assuming that your biblical reference regarding women in the church and how they should act is from King James Version. Now bear with me as I eloquently address the above reference According to 1 Corinth. 14: 34 states that women should remain silence during public worship and refrain from asking questions that may disrupt pastoral sermon and ask thy husbands at home.

In contradiction, 1 Peter 3:1 states that wives be submissive to thy husbands so that if they do not behave according to the word by your silence and actions shall turn them or won them over.

The two verses contradict each other because? in one verse it prohibit women from teaching or asking questions during public worship but in another verse instruct women to lead by an example with their actions. If such husbands are not living according to the word how can such women win over dirt with dirt? Why would a woman want a man to assert authority and superiority over her if he is using contradicting verses of religious and dead authors to prove his opinion?

I will not even touch on the subject of male evangelists being questioned and accused of fraud by governmental and public figures.

As I close, you are correct asserting authority is not the same as bullying or intimidating women in relationships. It means the right to act in a specified way by delegating and overseeing operation of his home as a shipmaster would of his ship. If a cruise ship were to operate base on your definition of marital relationship and how it should be run with superior attitude, fortunately my cruise ship would have enough lifeboats to save your debris.

A man that controls his cruise ship without leading by an example will not prevent a mutiny or shipwreck. I think the staff captain and crewmembers have better chance of survival stranded on a deserted island.

Thank you.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 2:01pm On Oct 13, 2012
Sexkillz, just for clarification do I respond to Dont8's response to my argument or wait until the judges score the first post?

I am about to travel.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 13, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Sexkillz, just for clarification do I respond to Dont8's response to my argument or wait until the judges score the first post?

I am about to travel.
Not necessarily. You have 2 posts to make in this round bothering on the issue. You have countered his opening argument, so what you want to post in the second is completely up to you. . .
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 13, 2012
uj_sizzle: Excuse me, aren't we supposed to counter our opponent's opening argument?
Yes.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 2:33pm On Oct 13, 2012
Sexkillz

Why is my mrs..chima account banned
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by dont8(m): 3:00pm On Oct 13, 2012
Good afternoon once more, all protocol duly observed...

Mrs. Chima

What relationship? Marriage? Courtship? Some debaters will say that it is a God’s given right and in religious doctrines that a man should hold authority over his household albeit confusing “head” with superiority.

I'll tell you this, God is not human that will contradict himself, so you see, there is nothing confusing here, when you're the head, you're superior in status.

I'm not religious person but I have read the bible and other religious books. According to the Bible, a man that leaves his mother and father cleaved to his wife and become “one”. How can a man hold superiority over his wife if he is “one” with his wife? Does that sound logical to you?

Yes, it does! You quoted from the bible, but the same bible appoint the man as the head (superior) of the family, come to think of it, what will happen to a ship without a captain, its better imagined.

According to the synonyms of superiority, it means better, excellence, top, dominance, supremacy, and perfection. With these examples, why would a loving and spiritual imperfect man claims such adjectives that solidify his belittling attitude toward his wife?

I beg to disagree, being superior in a relationship means responsibility on the part of the man, I'll reiterate what I said in my earlier post, being assertive is not same as bullying, harrassing, intimidating or belittling of women, but rather, it's to bring decorum in the home.

Now let remove the religious books out the equation and focus on reality, how do humans respond to individuals that demonstrate arrogance, which means exaggerated self-opinion? We show contempt, resistance, objection, and resentment toward arrogant individuals.

How can you mistake arrogance with superioty, do you mean your boss at your place of work is arrogant, simply because he/she is superior to you?

Arrogance and superiority both have similar traits in attitude, mentality, behavior, and speech. How can men who demonstrate superiority over his wife expect his wife to respond like a loving wife? I believe highly in an eye for an eye. Treat me how you want to be treated. Simple.

I repeat, never confuse superioty to be arrogance, the little I've come to know about women and their
'world', so to speak, ask them the traits they look forward to in a man, a man in CONTROL of situations will most likely top their list, woe betide a man without assertive nature, he'll definitely expose himself to ridicule and mockery.

From a personal standpoint, my husband is the head of the house and head in our family means representative of the family.

He's the head, head (man) cannot be a representative, but the subordinate (woman).

I am the neck to my husband, which means supporter and second opinion

Note the bolded, 'second opinion', that is, after the superior.

My husband knows his role as the head and I know my role as the neck.
The head can’t move without the neck, and the neck can’t move without the head and without each other, the house in itself stand divided.

Very true, when you know your role and play your part.

We do not make any affecting decisions without each other and if we would to live in a house where the head has superiority and authority over the house, such marriage will not flourish. It can’t flourish if there is no support from one another. It is like a parent trying to coddle a rebellious child.

It wont flourish when the wife doesn't know what is expected of her, the holy books admonishes women to be submissive and obedient to their husbands.

Lastly, superior attitude does NOT translate to cruelty but conscientious.

Thank you.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by ayobase(m): 3:46pm On Oct 13, 2012
uj_sizzle: Please my opponent's argument is in blue and my rebuttal in red. thank you

Bebe, u have just given me a tasking work-load to tackle at this hot period of the day.....Beautiful!
Sexkillz, u are gonna need to be patient with me. Im very busy today.
My reply will come through before nightfall!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Have You Seen The Ghanaian Slay Queen Whose Booty Can Cause Massive Accident / How Long Is Too Long For A Relationship? / I Will Never Compel A Boyfriend Into Paying My Bills - Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.