Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,921 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? (6278 Views)

Women, Stop Lying To Your Husbands And Playing Victim Afterwards! / Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why / Seven Year Old Gets Plastic Surgery To Prevent Bullying (would You Allow It) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by Jarus(m): 12:48pm On Oct 12, 2012
blackmale: even in the university, people were bullying one another,, reminds me of ARO BOIS,, in OAU..IFE, back then

Awo boys are crazy. They made the hall fun-filled. I wasnt part of them but I enjoyed their taunts. Hilarious stunts and all that. No dull moment in my 5 years stay in that hall.

1 Like

Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by mrperfect(m): 12:53pm On Oct 12, 2012
Not part of me.
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by Richy4(m): 12:58pm On Oct 12, 2012
Anyone that lived in a boarding house must be familer with bullying.
I was in one of the Government secondary school in Abuja, i remembered that i was in SSI,I was walking from school to the hostel with my class mate a female who was equally living in the female hostel of the school. as we were walking, three SS3 Student walked passed us and we did not notice or I was not paying attention. when I got to the hostel, they were waiting for me at the hostel entrance.
they asked me, why didn't u greet when u saw us. I said sorry seniors I did not notice you. they were really mad with me. one of them said so because u are walking with your babe we are now too small for u not to notice? the other said since u came to this school u have been acting like your father owned CBN. u must swim. they poured bucket of water on the cement floor and ask me too roll on it or better still swim as we call it.I swam with my school uniform.
I later discovered that one of them showed interest on the girl and she turned him down. that was nine years ago but still fresh like it happened today. angry
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by Heymus(m): 1:05pm On Oct 12, 2012
No oooo! Not @all
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by freecocoa(f): 1:13pm On Oct 12, 2012
I was too stubborn and strong willed to be bullied back then(still stubborn sef) but one girl(DELE, a prefect) really got to me one time and I still hold that grudge for her, if I ever see her anywhere, walai me and her go diga am.
Didn't bully anyone either cos I kept to myself a lot and was tagged as feeling too big.
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by Ninilowo(m): 1:17pm On Oct 12, 2012
Smallish stature, sharp tongue, good command of english and academic brilliance were the tools I used to figh the bullying and to eradicate it when we got to senior class (I mean SS 3) and till today am still been acknowleged for the feat.
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 12, 2012
swtchicgurl:

they bullied you so much u lost track of time!
lmaaooooo, I swear...na typo jor, but yeah JSS1-JSS3 were the same in terms of the bullying I received. It was not easy but I thank God I'm alive to tell my story.
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 12, 2012
If u ever stayed in boarding house as a junior there is no way u could say u've never been a victim.

I still remember the time our seniors would make us lie down on their dirty dormitory floor and would start spanking us.
They invented the most amazing punishments like ''ride okada'', ''pick pin'' etc.
And the amount of buckets of water, u would have carried should be alarming.
But the most annoying thing is that we were bullied for senseless reasons.

Chai! Me I suffered o.
But at least there was always one classic gba gbaun they always made that relaxed our nerves: ''everybody get on your KNEELS''cheesycheesycheesy
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by swtchicgurl: 1:28pm On Oct 12, 2012
ItsModella:
lmaaooooo, I swear...na typo jor, but yeah JSS1-JSS3 were the same in terms of the bullying I received. It was not easy but I thank God I'm alive to tell my story.

i feel your story, it touches! tongue
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 12, 2012
I remember when i was in jss two i was bullied by my mates and snr gals because i just got into d system and i didnt know how things where going,but wen i got to jss3,my mouth became extremely sharp and was ready to disgrace anyone who attempted messing with me.i remember wen i was in jss3,a snr girl in ss1 wanted to bully me and asked me y my skirt was short,she said i should go and stoop down i said wot 4,r u d one dat sewed my skirt 4 me or paid my fees,she slapped me and i dragged d fanta she was holding and poured it on her head and said,oya do ur worst,if u try any funny stunts i will thoroughly disgrace u,her friends wanted to get back @ me by sending me arodan and dat if i dont bring it,i shouldnt come back to school d next day,so i told my mom,my mom followed me to school d next day to my principal and my principal asked dat d snr gal com to d office n made to sign a form dat if anything happens to me in school,she will b severly dealt with and arrested,since then no senior messed with me because if dey did,i will disgrace dem so everyone respected me despite my small stature 8-)
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by CHIMCO(m): 1:30pm On Oct 12, 2012
I was bullied and i bullied. But we were stoped midway and we rioted. I feel sorry for what i did, although it brought some girls.
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by swtchicgurl: 1:32pm On Oct 12, 2012
kulyie: I remember when i was in jss two i was bullied by my mates and snr gals because i just got into d system and i didnt know how things where going,but wen i got to jss3,my mouth became extremely sharp and was ready to disgrace anyone who attempted messing with me.i remember wen i was in jss3,a snr girl in ss1 wanted to bully me and asked me y my skirt was short,she said i should go and stoop down i said wot 4,r u d one dat sewed my skirt 4 me or paid my fees,she slapped me and i dragged d fanta she was holding and poured it on her head and said,oya do ur worst,if u try any funny stunts i will thoroughly disgrace u,her friends wanted to get back @ me by sending me arodan and dat if i dont bring it,i shouldnt come back to school d next day,so i told my mom,my mom followed me to school d next day to my principal and my principal asked dat d snr gal com to d office n made to sign a form dat if anything happens to me in school,she will b severly dealt with and arrested,since then no senior messed with me because if dey did,i will disgrace dem so everyone respected me despite my small stature 8-)

another touching story! undecided
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by Areaboy2(m): 1:34pm On Oct 12, 2012
In JSS1 I was made to push a car drawn on the blackboard from point A to B. See pushing grin grin grin grin. 30 mins later the car hadn't moved, then they made me dry hump the wall for 20mins before letting me go. Damn SS2 bastards!!! it sounds funny now but back then it was torture.

Govt Comprehensive Borokri LOL
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by cheddarking(m): 1:37pm On Oct 12, 2012
I have attened Igbobi in Lagos where I had to carry razor blades/Lebe for protection
I have attend Tapton community school in the UK where my best friend was stabbed at the tender age of 14
I have had an arm broken by a thug wielding a cricket bat during a school game.
I have joined in beating up a student from a rival school to within an inch of his life
I have been threatened with a converted replica gun.
All before I turned 15. All at school.
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 12, 2012
Area_boy: In JSS1 I was made to push a car drawn on the blackboard from point A to B. See pushing grin grin grin grin. 30 mins later the car hadn't moved, then they made me dry hump the wall for 20mins before letting me go. Damn SS2 bastards!!! it sounds funny now but back then it was torture.

Govt Comprehensive Borokri LOL
hahahaha, they also did that to me. When I was in JSS1, the SS3 seniors made me draw a Cadillac on the board and told me to drive in from one end of the board to the other (in my head, I was like "Na God go punish una, how you want make I do am?)...I became a laughing stock in their class that day...the humiliation, damn!!! There was also the book "My journey shall never end" that the seniors always told the new JSS1 students to go get from their friends.
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by chinedumo(m): 1:53pm On Oct 12, 2012
kulyie: I remember when i was in jss two i was bullied by my mates and snr gals because i just got into d system and i didnt know how things where going,but wen i got to jss3,my mouth became extremely sharp and was ready to disgrace anyone who attempted messing with me.i remember wen i was in jss3,a snr girl in ss1 wanted to bully me and asked me y my skirt was short,she said i should go and stoop down i said wot 4,r u d one dat sewed my skirt 4 me or paid my fees,she slapped me and i dragged d fanta she was holding and poured it on her head and said,oya do ur worst,if u try any funny stunts i will thoroughly disgrace u,her friends wanted to get back @ me by sending me arodan and dat if i dont bring it,i shouldnt come back to school d next day,so i told my mom,my mom followed me to school d next day to my principal and my principal asked dat d snr gal com to d office n made to sign a form dat if anything happens to me in school,she will b severly dealt with and arrested,since then no senior messed with me because if dey did,i will disgrace dem so everyone respected me despite my small stature 8-)
see baby girl tongue
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 12, 2012
I wasnt a bully bt a frend to d buliez. I had small change den xo i pay dem bulliez. Wen any1 lookz 4 ma trouble, d bulliez fite dem whyl i watch. Anytym am broke, d buliez obtain odaz and gv to me. I wx also close to some teacherz and haus masterz Xo i wx feard by both d bulliez and d bullied alike.
Like som1 ritely said, if u cant beat dem, dont join dem, pay som1 to beat dem 4 u. It workd 4 me dat way.
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by Abujabir24: 2:06pm On Oct 12, 2012
I attended Nigerian Navy Secondary School. I was bullied by both my immediate seniors and prefects. I remembered one labour prefect called senior Alan Idoku, jees dat guy terrorised us. In my SS1, I started beating my own juniors and tell u guys wat? Including one of d Aluu 4, by d name Chiadika. Ours seniors use to have sop many cliques den called, Terror squad, Southsiders, excalade, Deathrow, disty south clan, Abeg dose hu go navy halla me. Hu fit remember liutenant Ahmad Isah, Commander kpou, Commander Kaoje, and d one and only P.O Nwamou.
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by freecocoa(f): 2:12pm On Oct 12, 2012
ItsModella:
hahahaha, they also did that to me. When I was in JSS1, the SS3 seniors made me draw a Cadillac on the board and told me to drive in from one end of the board to the other (in my head, I was like "Na God go punish una, how you want make I do am?)...I became a laughing stock in their class that day...the humiliation, damn!!! There was also the book "My journey shall never end" that the seniors always told the new JSS1 students to go get from their friends.
Hmm God knows this can't happen to me, I fought an SS2 girl the first day I resumed school as a JSS1 student. She asked to go buy her fanta, buns and then bring back 20naira change for her, I told her I don't know where its sold since that day was my first in the school, she pointed me to the right direction, I stood there waiting for her to give me money with which to buy the items but she didn't, the next thing she said was "Go na what are you waiting for?" Ahn ahn I looked at her and said "money na" she said "if I see you hear by the time I open my eyes eh c'mon use your money" I just hissed and walked away, she pulled me back and slapped me, it was like a movie, omo I wooze am back with my small hand, only God know wetin happen next, na principal come settle matter with the girl going on suspension, after that day na fight with one senior or the other till I became a senior. I no dey hear word o.
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by desktop: 2:20pm On Oct 12, 2012
I had a cup of garri in my locker then towards end of term in boarding school,you know how that goes,like some conspiracy parents never felt the need to send more provisions or pocket money cos the term would soon be over and you would be coming home.
That was how this bastard came to my locker cos it was open one year my senior and tried to obtain my cup of garri. I refused vehemently he then saw one page from right on! magazine back then with a photo of bobby brown in it that used to be in his locker but he had thrown away and u picked up when the room was being swept...next thing I knew this bastard claimed I broke into his locker stole the picture and money and he had been looking for it.
You know what follows when youre tagged a thief in boarding school, even the boy who swept the room that day attested that I picked the poster. when he was sweeping this guy used his seniority to chase the boy away and got a gang of his friends to beat me till morning undergoing all sorts of punishment along the way claiming I stole money from his locker and the poster was proof.

This just so he could take a cup of garri from a junior student.

Im certain hes had his fill.of.the garri but God knows the day I find him and his tall yellow friend who both lied and did this to me it would be the greatest pleasure having to deal with them in front of their families now so they know the kind of demons they have as husbands and fathers

its been 20years now...im still waiting
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by FrontPageLawyer(m): 2:23pm On Oct 12, 2012
free2ryhme:

i can see y u rant without control on nairaland .. radio katanga!!!!! grin

Thought as much. Spoilt pikin
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 12, 2012
freecocoa: Hmm God knows this can't happen to me, I fought an SS2 girl the first day I resumed school as a JSS1 student. She asked to go buy her fanta, buns and then bring back 20naira change for her, I told her I don't know where its sold since that day was my first in the school, she pointed me to the right direction, I stood there waiting for her to give me money with which to buy the items but she didn't, the next thing she said was "Go na what are you waiting for?" Ahn ahn I looked at her and said "money na" she said "if I see you hear by the time I open my eyes eh c'mon use your money" I just hissed and walked away, she pulled me back and slapped me, it was like a movie, omo I wooze am back with my small hand, only God know wetin happen next, na principal come settle matter with the girl going on suspension, after that day na fight with one senior or the other till I became a senior. I no dey hear word o.
My school was different o. The girls in my school then were total monsters, they were hardened men in women form. Dem no born you well make you try dat kin tin. If you like report them, when they come back from that suspension, they'll injure you along with their friends. They were just uncontrollable...even the teachers sef dey fear dem.
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by misreal(m): 2:34pm On Oct 12, 2012
I bullied a boy in jss2 nd he called hz elder sista in ss2 dat had male ss3 frnds.I got d beatings of my life.Till today my eyes r gvn me prblms cos of d slap dey gave me. embarassedI bullied a boy in jss2 nd he called hz elder sista in ss2 dat had male ss3 frnds.I got d beatings of my life.Till today my eyes r gvn me prblms cos of d slap dey gave me.
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by Anyigala(m): 2:38pm On Oct 12, 2012
We were bullied and tortured so often in my junior secondary school days that we had a big celebration when our senior prefect suddenly died in the middle of the term.
Looking back, I often ask myself what would have made us to celebrate the tragic death of a fellow student? All I can say is that back then, going to school wasn’t so much fun. It was worse for boarding students.
I am glad that few years later, the new principal barred bulling and any form of physical or psychological torturing by senior students.
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by lond07: 2:39pm On Oct 12, 2012
mdsocks: Really looking back now, i just can't help but recall all the torment we
made our classmates go through back then in secondary school. We had some sort of clique which specialized in creating and calling our mates names based on their slip or mistakes.

We named them different things from Eso, Agali, Yerepe and so on.
We made jest of them and dampened their self esteem and
courage.

I remembered a colleague turned reclusive because of the fun we made out of him. Lately, I have been reading some thoughtful piece on psychology and i seriously wished i had behaved differently. But all the same, it was just childishness that made us do those stuff but we still do say some things as adults
that really affect others negatively. Am trying my best to help people even if it's just words to at least make up for my bad behaviours in the past.

he questions is were you ever bullied or did u bully anyone? How did u feel ?

The bolded aptly described what I suffered during my early school years (pry 1-3). It made me hated school and had to be dragged virtually every day. Each holiday time was a big relief.

However, change came one day when I cried home to Mum and she scolded me for being to weak. Alas, that gave me all the needed courage to subdue all these bullies. I went to school the following day like a wounded lion. It was then I realised all of them were COWARDS. I don't fight any longer, but I do stand up boldly against it. Trust me the confidence Mum instilled over 30years ago is still there.

On reflection, I will say the bullies are always the cowards.
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by olu4life(m): 2:39pm On Oct 12, 2012
Nice and funny stories. As for me, i was never a victim sha. I remembered when i was in jss1,my brother and sister were seniors so i took advantage of that. Some of the seniors didnt know i had a brother,that was how one snr Obafemi [now late sha,RIP] called me to go buy something for him. I immediatedly snobbed him and walked out on him. He chased me and gave me a slap. Na so i vex,walked up to my school father who happens to be a big teacher in school. The man told me to go call the snr,na so i go deliver message o,but the snr no answer,he thought i was joking. Told me to tell my school father that he isnt coming. I was so happy about the response cos i knew what was coming. Na so my school father said i should lead him to where he was. My snr was gisting with his friends when my school father came and flogged the hell out of him.
The next day,the snr saw me on the assembly ground,and he greeted me saying 'How are u doin',i was so shocked that i didnt reply.lol. Na so i get rep frm that day.
I joined the bad boiz later on till i graduated. Was always the brain behind the acts of the bad boiz.
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by Clemzy16(m): 2:49pm On Oct 12, 2012
I still find it difficult to believe that people are actually bullied in africa. If you want to see real bullying, go to America. NOTE: (Bullying is a sister to racism) The kind of bullying we find in Nigeria are guys who seek for cheap popularity. Some act as if they belong, whereas They're not. However, it'll interest you to know that girls are hardly victims of bullying. This is because they love bad guys, girls love bad guys!. Believe it or not, girls will prefer to date an ugly bad guy in high school than to date a good handsome guy.
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by lond07: 2:54pm On Oct 12, 2012
Clemzy16: ........ However, it'll interest you to know that girls are hardly victims of bullying. This is because they love bad guys, girls love bad guys!. Believe it or not, girls will prefer to date an ugly bad guy in high school than to date a good handsome guy.

But how would one rationalise that?
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by freecocoa(f): 2:55pm On Oct 12, 2012
ItsModella:
My school was different o. The girls in my school then were total monsters, they were hardened men in women form. Dem no born you well make you try dat kin tin. If you like report them, when they come back from that suspension, they'll injure you along with their friends. They were just uncontrollable...even the teachers sef dey fear dem.
Hmm, if I was there I'd have formed my own gang as well, no be 1 head them get? I had cousins who were equally tough, I know how many seniors we waylaid and beat up after the must have punished me in school, leave am o, they only continue with their nonsense if you don't stand up to them, I had my fair share of suspensions too but in the end it was all good.
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by Clemzy16(m): 3:06pm On Oct 12, 2012
lond07:

But how would one rationalise that?
highest bid of irresponsibility i guess..
Re: High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? by ifeegee(f): 3:12pm On Oct 12, 2012
Kai!I was really bullied Ooh,I was so petite that those girls called me all sorts,from lapkashandy,banga fish to opkoroko & my dad didn't help issue, his girls we're not allowed to braid untill we turnded 15 even though my sch allowed braiding.They made fun of my always barbed hair & knocked me at every slitest opportunity.I dreaded sch,not to talk of what it did to my self esteem then.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You REJECT Your Wife If You Caught Her Using A VIBRATOR ? / The Bitter Experience That Taught Me A Lesson To Save Money (True Story) / I Am Tempted To Commit Adultery. Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.