Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,007 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache (5912 Views)

My Neighbour's New 17-Year-Old Wife Is Giving Him Headache / Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough / I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Naijabad: 5:41pm On Feb 06, 2022
I know alot of people will come for my head for this thread.

But the truth is, if you are a Nigerian, please marry from your tribe. You will be fine.

A lot of women and men are crying in secret today because they married outside their tribe.

Please, consider the words of your parents, do not make the mistake of marrying outside your tribe.
It almost always end in premium tears.

Learn from what happened to others. Ask questions, do research, you can find love among your people and folks.

I have seen alot. A greater percentage of inter tribal marriage is on manage mode.

Finally, 50% of marital problems are solved when you marry within your tribe.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Righteousness2(m): 5:52pm On Feb 06, 2022
If you Like marry from your Village or community , if you marry outside GOD'S Will and Choice or you do away with GOD'S Order for the home, it will end in tears.

Success in Marriage is never a function of tribe or language.

Success in Marriage lies in 2 major things.
1. Marrying GOD'S will for you
2. The both parties deciding to adhere to GOD'S order for marriage. Which is Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands as unto the Church and Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Simeon88(m): 5:52pm On Feb 06, 2022
I totally disagree with this, the most peaceful marriage in my family by my own observation is between my cousin from South south and a notherner from kaduna state.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Romanoff(f): 5:57pm On Feb 06, 2022
I don't know about others but I ran away from marrying from my state and I am thankful for my choice.

It saved me from plenty wahala, yeye culture and traditions etc.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Kriss216: 5:58pm On Feb 06, 2022
Romanoff:
I don't know about others but I ran away from marrying from my state and I am thankful for my choice.

No culture or tradition is yeye. Learn to respect culture and tradition even when you don't align with them.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Moptime: 5:58pm On Feb 06, 2022
Righteousness2:
If you Like marry from your Village, if you married outside GOD'S Will and Choice, it will end in tears.
Increase the volume sir

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by fergie001: 5:58pm On Feb 06, 2022
Righteousness2:
If you Like marry from your Village, if you married outside GOD'S Will and Choice, it will end in tears.
Endorsed...........

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Entprys(m): 5:59pm On Feb 06, 2022
Marry yoruba women and exprience peace in your life. Omoluwabi - the best wife material

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by inoki247: 6:01pm On Feb 06, 2022
Where all na dey see all diz theory from sef...

Person wey Thunder go fire no need to stay near transformer before lightning go strike him....

Na everything u people dey use play tribalism....

Peace of mind no know tribe..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Kriss216: 6:01pm On Feb 06, 2022
Righteousness2:
For those at the back.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Romanoff(f): 6:03pm On Feb 06, 2022
Kriss216:

No culture or tradition is yeye. Learn to respect culture and tradition even when you don't align with them.

Thank you very much. I respectfully refuse to take part in such practices.

It's the same reason many no longer agree for their daughters to be circumcised or many no longer want to be shaved bald and made to drink the water used to bathe a corpse.

Good luck to you.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Mariangeles(f): 6:04pm On Feb 06, 2022
There are some traditions that affect some people in their own tribe, which leads to them being discriminated and looked down upon among their own people.

In such cases, it would be best for such affected people to look to other tribes for partners, where those traditions mean nothing to.
Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Kriss216: 6:06pm On Feb 06, 2022
Romanoff:

Thank you very much. I respectfully refuse to take part in such practices.

It's the same reason many no longer agree for their daughters to be circumcised or many no longer want to be shaved bald and made to drink the water used to bathe as corpse.

Good luck to you.
I just passed a subtle message. All these rants are not necessary.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by ViperAda: 6:13pm On Feb 06, 2022
Mariangeles:
There are some traditions that affect some people in their own tribe, which leads to them being discriminated and looked down upon among their own people.

In such cases, it would be best for such affected people to look to other tribes for partners, where those traditions mean nothing to.
e.g Osu caste system and drinking corpse water

-Viper

9 Likes

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by DonBenny77(m): 6:25pm On Feb 06, 2022
Righteousness2:
If you Like marry from your Village or community , if you marry outside GOD'S Will and Choice or you do away with GOD'S Order for the home, it will end in tears.

Success in Marriage is never a function of tribe or language.

Success in Marriage lies in 2 major things.
1. Marrying GOD'S will for you
2. The both parties deciding to adhere by GOD'S order for marriage. Which is Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands as unto the Church and Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it.
Your marriage stands a better chance if you marry your tribe.
No be everything be church church

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by TooMuchStuff: 6:25pm On Feb 06, 2022
All marriages are designed for the comfort of those involved. If you are hooked by the goddess of Love to pick outside your tribe or not..... Peace and Happiness is the keyword always

1 Like

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by walemoney007(m): 6:26pm On Feb 06, 2022
Righteousness2:

Lol

3 Likes

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Romanoff(f): 6:30pm On Feb 06, 2022
Kriss216:

I just passed a subtle message. All these rants are not necessary.

Same way I passed mine.

7 Likes

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Bahamas95(m): 6:33pm On Feb 06, 2022
Nonsense!

Marry from any tribe you find the right partner.

I am having fun in my relationship cos I am learning my baby's language now, vice versa.....I jokingly insult her with her language and we laugh over it. Inter tribal marriage is fun.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Goldbw122(m): 6:35pm On Feb 06, 2022
Entprys:
Marry yoruba women and exprience peace in your life.
Omoluwabi - the best wife material
I remember one man that marry a Yoruba woman the woman nearly kill am thank God that the man have money... He would have been six feet by now, well just pray to meet a good woman, it is not by the tribe..

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by ViperAda: 6:36pm On Feb 06, 2022
Personally, I hate intertribal marriage. The fact that you lose a part of you and significantly erodes one's culture. Imagine a parents from Edo and Efik whose child married from Yoruba tribe whose child also grew up to marry from ibo tribe. That's a ridiculous height of ancestry erosion.
Besides, it is the force behind the unity of the country thus, making it increasingly difficult for separatists groups achieve their demands

-Viper

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by tamdun: 6:38pm On Feb 06, 2022
I agree with the op, it's very hard to switch culture(especially for women)
Can u kneel down to greet Ur mother-in-law
In some culture, our mother is a mini god and in some the wife will never bow to their mother in law

1 Like

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by mike404(m): 6:44pm On Feb 06, 2022
Romanoff:

I HEARD YOU, NOW SAVE THE TEARS FOR YOUR FUTURE GENERATION angry

1 Like

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by SlayerForever: 6:48pm On Feb 06, 2022
Advice of ndi ikenye. But young people don't usually understand.
Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by BloomingDale(f): 6:48pm On Feb 06, 2022
You are right. Even God says Israel should marry from within their tribes only. Levites marry Levites, Judah marries Judah etc.

3 Likes

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Romanoff(f): 6:59pm On Feb 06, 2022
mike404:
I HEARD YOU, NOW SAVE THE TEARS FOR YOUR FUTURE GENERATION angry

Na you go tire o.

10 Likes

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by mike404(m): 7:01pm On Feb 06, 2022
Romanoff:

Na you go tire o.
TIRE FOR WETIN NA undecided MY TRIBES WOMEN NOR REJECT ME AS YOUR TRIBESMEN DID TO YOU

I UNDERSTAND YOUR PAIN sad

1 Like

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Romanoff(f): 7:05pm On Feb 06, 2022
mike404:
TIRE FOR WETIN NA undecided MY TRIBES WOMEN NOR REJECT ME AS YOUR TRIBESMEN DID TO YOU

I UNDERSTAND YOUR PAIN sad

Rotfl.

That's your narrative?

Enjoy o, community husband.

8 Likes

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by mike404(m): 7:08pm On Feb 06, 2022
Romanoff:

Rotfl.

That's your narrative?

Enjoy o, community husband.
THANKS smiley
Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by mike404(m): 7:10pm On Feb 06, 2022
BloomingDale:
You are right. Even God says Israel should marry from within their tribes only. Levites marry Levites, Judah marries Judah etc.
YOU WANT TO INCREASE ROMANUS ABI ROMANOF TEARS ABI

1 Like

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by iramure(m): 8:52pm On Feb 06, 2022
Naijabad:
I know alot of people will come for my head for this thread.

But the truth is, if you are a Nigerian, please marry from your tribe. You will be fine.

A lot of women and men are crying in secret today because they married outside their tribe.

Please, consider the words of your parents, do not make the mistake of marrying outside your tribe.
It almost always end in premium tears.

Learn from what happened to others. Ask questions, do research, you can find love among your people and folks.

I have seen alot. A greater percentage of inter tribal marriage is on manage mode.

Finally, 50% of marital problems are solved when you marry within your tribe.
you made a whole lot of sense. Many will not understand.

2 Likes

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 06, 2022
It's not really about tribe but am more likely to marry a Yoruba woman majorly because I want my children to be brought up by a Yoruba woman who understands Yoruba values and culture. But stay far away from Nigerian girls raised abroad no matter the tribe.....they behave like akatas.

10 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Keys To Settling Marital Conflict / About Kissing Children,,,,,,,,,, / My Would-Be Husband Deceive My And My Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.