Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses (9447 Views)

Why Don't Pastors Preach These Verses? / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / Can Someone Explain These Verses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by truthislight: 6:17pm On Oct 29, 2012
Pastor Kun:

They are not confused, they know the truth since we have explained it to them countless times on this forum. They are just in denial and hanging on to straws to defend the filthy lucre called tithes they benefit from.

at least he has been warned.

And for the benefit of the sheeple they exploit.
Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by Boomark(m): 6:43pm On Oct 29, 2012
Joagbaje:

Giving to the poor existed under the law, so why don't you assume it's wrong now in the new testament?

Yes is under the law and also before the law.

There are two things that will guarantee you everlasting life.
1 love God and
2 love your neighbour(helping the needy and poor).
Lu 10:25-28.
These are the most important things you must do. He laid emphasis on them and they are part of the new covenant. He told his disciples that they will always have the poor to take care of when he is gone.

And if you feel you want to give to the highpriest, this is how you give to him: read mt 25:41-46. Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers that you do unto me. v46 tells you the consequences because it is very very important. This is the only way you give to High priest. And please don't give him change.

So as you can see it is one of the important things in the new covenant.

Aaah! Headache o! I wunt SMH again.
Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by ezme(m): 7:57pm On Oct 29, 2012
I missed the heat when it was on cry
Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by pastormustwacc: 8:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by expertfingers(m): 8:42pm On Oct 29, 2012
Pastor Kun:

They are not confused, they know the truth since we have explained it to them countless times on this forum. They are just in denial and hanging on to straws to defend the filthy lucre called tithes they benefit from.

It's very hard to accept a new truth when you suddenly discovered the one you've been carrying for years is false.

It is like pulling down a center pillar in a giant structure. A lot of things are going to go down with it.

Then, "Things fall apart, the center can no longer hold....".

1 Like

Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by pastormustwacc: 8:52pm On Oct 29, 2012
^^^Dont mind them, them no fit talk on my thread
No more tithing
Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by Image123(m): 9:00pm On Oct 29, 2012
Zikkyy:

"[size=14pt]Yes, woe upon you[/size], Pharisees ([size=4pt]joagbaje[/size] grin), and you other religious leaders-- hypocrites! For you tithe down to the last mint leaf in your garden......"

Joagbaje are you saying anytime you read the quote above, you truly feel that it describes you? that Jesus was talking to you?

I know image123 considers himself a pharisee, the reason he's glued to Mathew 23:23 grin

The message in Mathew 23:23 was for Scribes & Pharisees (hypocrites grin), if you believe you belong to the category listed, you can continue to tithe grin
there is woe for anyone who neglects the important things, and for all who subtract or cut off the Word of God. why did you cut that verse to suit your taste?
Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by Zikkyy(m): 9:10pm On Oct 29, 2012
Image123:
there is woe for anyone who neglects the important things, and for all who subtract or cut off the Word of God. why did you cut that verse to suit your taste?

You no see anything talk. Se you go post the complete bible anytime you want to quote, as quoting a verse or two amounts to cutting off the word of God angry

As a Pharisee you should position yourself for more woes grin that's all you get instead of blessings.
Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by BERNIMOORE: 9:22pm On Oct 29, 2012
You no see anything talk. Se you go post the complete bible anytime you want to quote, as quoting a verse or two amounts to cutting off the word of God

As a Pharisee you should position yourself for more woes that's all you get instead of blessings.
joagbaje will quote from New living translation NLT (2007)for you now, by Kenneth taylor specially designed for pastors by kenneth taylor (in his preface) to suit pastors who branded the earlier Living bible and king james version (1611) unsuitable.
Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by BERNIMOORE: 9:24pm On Oct 29, 2012
Zikky,

where have you been since, nice to see you again!
Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by Boomark(m): 12:33am On Oct 30, 2012
Image123:

Please tell us the important things you know.

We are waiting...
Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by Joagbaje(m): 7:53am On Oct 30, 2012
BERNIMOORE:
joagbaje will quote from New living translation NLT (2007)for you now, by Kenneth taylor specially designed for pastors by kenneth taylor (in his preface) to suit pastors who branded the earlier Living bible and king james version (1611) unsuitable.

When I quote paul you guys will say we exalt Paul above Jesus , when I quote Jesus ,you say it's under the law. When I quote a simple grammer translation you attack the author. cool
Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by Joagbaje(m): 7:56am On Oct 30, 2012
pastormustwacc: ^^^Dont mind them, them no fit talk on my thread
No more tithing

Did anybody care to read the thread ?
Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by Joagbaje(m): 8:07am On Oct 30, 2012
Zikkyy:
Because you must justify tithe, you continue to rubbish Christ's priesthood. How can you say Christ is replacing Melchizedek in office? You have succeeded in elevating Melchizedek and ranking him alongside Christ. I wonder what you hope to gain by this?

Hebrews 7:17
For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Christ is high priest in after order of Melchizedek . I didn't write the bible. Or is there a christ order. Ok let's say christ is high priest in the order of Jesus . Is that ok with you ? Since you can't accept the bible.
Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by Zikkyy(m): 8:45am On Oct 30, 2012
Joagbaje:

For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Christ is high priest in after order of Melchizedek . I didn't write the bible. Or is there a christ order. Ok let's say christ is high priest in the order of Jesus . Is that ok with you ? Since you can't accept the bible.

You assume it is the bible i am disputing. I don't remember saying i have issues with the bible angry The problem i have is your 'interpretation' of what is is written.

Joagbaje:
Christ is high priest in after order of Melchizedek . I didn't write the bible. Or is there a christ order. Ok let's say christ is high priest in the order of Jesus . Is that ok with you ?

You don't have to write the bible to understand and properly interpret it. Let's take another look at the bible verse you quoted:

For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever [size=14pt]after[/size] the order of Melchisedec.

Below are some dictionary definition of the word 'after':

so as to resemble: as
a : in accordance with
b : with the name of or a name derived from that of <named after his father>
c : in the characteristic manner of : in imitation of <writing after the manner of Hemingway>

in imitation of; in the manner of a statue after classical models

Your interpretation is very important as you can end up sending the wrong message. The bible did not say Christ is continuing the priesthood or priestly office of Melchizedek (your very false interpretation). 'Order' as used here refers to a priestly type. Jesus priesthood is only similar (or possesses some features similar) to that of Melchizedek, and the Hebrew passage highlighted those similarities. Sir, Christ priesthood and and that of Melchizedek are not of equal status, so please stop trying to rubbish the priesthood of our Lord.

Joagbaje:
Ok let's say christ is high priest in the order of Jesus . Is that ok with you ?

Yep. Christ priesthood or office is not a continuation of Melchi's. They are two distinct priesthood.
Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by Zikkyy(m): 8:52am On Oct 30, 2012
BERNIMOORE: Zikky,

where have you been since, nice to see you again!

Thank you my brother. I have been around.
Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by Image123(m): 8:52am On Oct 30, 2012
Boomark:

Please tell us the important things you know.

We are waiting...
the important things are in the verse that zikky partially quoted. he. was more interested in telling that woe betide the Pharisee than telling the reason why. The fact is that woe betides anyone who does the same thing, not just the Pharisees. All the words of Jesus are spirit and life, they are eternally true. unlike your multiple dubious threads that have no reward.
Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by newmi(m): 8:46pm On Oct 30, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Burnt offering and animal sacrifice pre dated the law, why don't you practise it today? Ole barawo buruku angry

Now that's an interesting point you have made, my simple answer to is at least only the practice of tithing was connected to the priestly order of Melchizedek that was a typology and prototype of the new old dispensation with Jesus as the chief corner stone.
(Genesis 14:17-20)
17 After Abram returned from defeating Kedorlaomer and the kings allied with him, the king of Sodom came out to meet him in the Valley of Shaveh (that is, the King’s Valley).
18 Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. He was priest of God Most High, 19 and he blessed Abram, saying,
“Blessed be Abram by God Most High,Creator of heaven and earth.
20 And praise be to God Most High,who delivered your enemies into your hand.”
Then Abram gave him a tenth of everything.

(Hebrews 5:5-10)
5 So also Christ did not glorify Himself to become High Priest, but it was He who said to Him:
“You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.”
6 As He also says in another place:
“You are a priest forever
According to the order of Melchizedek”;
7 who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear, 8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. 9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, 10 called by God as High Priest “according to the order of Melchizedek,”

Sure I do not disagree with you, Burnt offering and animal sacrifice preceded the law just the same way we claim that tithing did, now that I repeat is an interesting and intelligent observation but burnt offerings and animal sacrifices was not identified with the priestly order of Melchizedek a priestly order that transcends time without beginning without end so whatever that priestly order accommodates by default extends beyond time and dispensation. If burnt offerings and animal sacrifices were in identified with the priestly order of Melchizedek just like tithing then we should in fact be busy practicing them but no only the practice of tithing was identified with that timeless priestly order.
I want to hope you got my point.

As for your insult "Ole barawo buruku"[color=#990000][/color] I don't think it deserves any response.
Thank You
Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by Zikkyy(m): 5:44am On Oct 31, 2012
newmi:
burnt offerings and animal sacrifices was not identified with the priestly order of Melchizedek a priestly order that transcends time without beginning without end

What is the basis for saying the priestly order of Melchizedek transcends time? You are just as confused as Joagbaje. What is without beginning and end is Melchizedek occupation of office. There is no evidence to show that he was removed from office or evidence to show that he died thereby creating a vacancy. This is what you fail to understand; it is the qualities of the person occupying the office that defines the office and not the other way round. The levitical priesthood is one where the priest were prevented by death from remaining in office while Melchi is seen as a priest that continues in office because there was no record of his death.

Hebrews 7:3 (KJV)
3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

Hebrews 7:8 KJV)
8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

What am saying is that Jesus did not take up an office whose features were already pre-defined, it is Christ's nature that defines his priestly office and that's what makes his office different from that of Melchi. Christ's priestly office only resembles that of Melchi in having a priest that continues in office forever (that's the way the Jews saw Melchi's office).

So Newmi, the order of Melchizedek (as you interpreted it) does not transcend time. You don't find this in the bible.

newmi:
whatever that priestly order accommodates by default extends beyond time and dispensation.

This is because you are defining the priestly order (or office) by the activities performed under that under (office) and not by the qualities of the person occupying the office. Christ is not required to comply with the requirements or activities undertaken by Melchizedek or let me say that Melchizedek activities is not the standard for what operates under Christ priesthood. What you guys have done is to elevate Melchizedek to equal status or in this case made Melchizedek superior to Christ by saying activities to be undertaken by Christ must comply with what Melchi did.

newmi:
If burnt offerings and animal sacrifices were in identified with the priestly order of Melchizedek just like tithing then we should in fact be busy practicing them but no only the practice of tithing was identified with that timeless priestly order.

You have only succeeded in rejecting Christ and accepting Melchizedek as your high priest. The bible did not command that we practice activities in Melchi's era. What you practice is the gospel according to pastor chris.

We have a priest who was made one with an oath, we have a priest that lives forever to intercede (Abraham did not need Melchi for this), we have a priest who offered himself as sacrifice for all. Can you say the same for Melchi?
Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by truthislight: 1:04pm On Oct 31, 2012
Zikkyy:

What is the basis for saying the priestly order of Melchizedek transcends time? You are just as confused as Joagbaje. What is without beginning and end is Melchizedek occupation of office. There is no evidence to show that he was removed from office or evidence to show that he died thereby creating a vacancy. This is what you fail to understand; it is the qualities of the person occupying the office that defines the office and not the other way round. The levitical priesthood is one where the priest were prevented by death from remaining in office while Melchi is seen as a priest that continues in office because there was no record of his death.

Hebrews 7:3 (KJV)
3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

Hebrews 7:8 KJV)
8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

What am saying is that Jesus did not take up an office whose features were already pre-defined, it is Christ's nature that defines his priestly office and that's what makes his office different from that of Melchi. Christ's priestly office only resembles that of Melchi in having a priest that continues in office forever (that's the way the Jews saw Melchi's office).

So Newmi, the order of Melchizedek (as you interpreted it) does not transcend time. You don't find this in the bible.

This is because you are defining the priestly order (or office) by the activities performed under that under (office) and not by the qualities of the person occupying the office. Christ is not required to comply with the requirements or activities undertaken by Melchizedek or let me say that Melchizedek activities is not the standard for what operates under Christ priesthood. What you guys have done is to elevate Melchizedek to equal status or in this case made Melchizedek superior to Christ by saying activities to be undertaken by Christ must comply with what Melchi did.

You have only succeeded in rejecting Christ and accepting Melchizedek as your high priest. The bible did not command that we practice activities in Melchi's era. What you practice is the gospel according to pastor chris.

We have a priest who was made one with an oath, we have a priest that lives forever to intercede (Abraham did not need Melchi for this), we have a priest who offered himself as sacrifice for all. Can you say the same for Melchi?

you spoke very well,

but the similarity between the priest hood of melchizedek and that of christ which makes it more superior to that of the livites is the fact that they were both appointed by God directly and not via heridetery, (from father to son).

Again, Jesus priesthood is with an oath from God: "you are a priest forever"

let the tith preachers keep blinding themselves with tith(money) greed.
Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by ogajim(m): 2:59pm On Nov 03, 2012
I see the TITHE debate is ALIVE as ever with the same proponents/Agents of DECEIT. People have a right to blow their money as they please but I don't find anywhere in the Bible where one is to pay God for blessings.
Love/Charity for one another is what Christ taught and these gospel PIMPS won't be smiling to the bank if people would just open their Bibles and study it.
Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by Image123(m): 3:28pm On Nov 03, 2012
have you read Matthew 23 recently? Jesus has nothing but encouragement for tithes, i will follow Jesus anywhere.
Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 03, 2012
Image123: have you read Matthew 23 recently? Jesus has nothing but encouragement for tithes, i will follow Jesus anywhere.

Yes because you lack a brain.
Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by PastorKun(m): 3:44pm On Nov 03, 2012
ogajim: I see the TITHE debate is ALIVE as ever with the same proponents/Agents of DECEIT. People have a right to blow their money as they please but I don't find anywhere in the Bible where one is to pay God for blessings.
Love/Charity for one another is what Christ taught and these gospel PIMPS won't be smiling to the bank if people would just open their Bibles and study it.

Quite a while, it's been long since i saw your post on NL. Hope you are doing great. As you can see your pharisee friend Image123 is still spewing his poisonous lies.

1 Like

Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by truthislight: 5:15pm On Nov 03, 2012
Image123: have you read Matthew 23 recently? Jesus has nothing but encouragement for tithes, i will follow Jesus anywhere.

how old are you?

Do you really read your bible?

Pastor Kun:

Quite a while, it's been long since i saw your post on NL. Hope you are doing great. As you can see your pharisee friend Image123 is still spewing his poisonous lies.
Re: Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses by Image123(m): 7:56pm On Nov 04, 2012
^

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian / I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! / Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.